Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:42:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The official MacMiner thread [BTC/LTC-CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC]  (Read 166698 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 03:23:42 AM

version 1.4.10 fixes the API output window, many thanks to Random8 for making this one possible by sending me a block erupter!

The next update will make the window more resizable and focus on minimising memory footprint throughout the app.

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
Zackary

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:56:46 AM

Dang, just did that update tonight and I continue to see this message over and over and my BFL ASIC will stop hashing until I click "Indeed" and then the message comes back again after about a minute.

https://i.imgur.com/pLhJqEJ.jpg
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 09:13:41 AM

Dang, just did that update tonight and I continue to see this message over and over and my BFL ASIC will stop hashing until I click "Indeed" and then the message comes back again after about a minute.
Well that's no good! The symptoms suggest that the backend is crashing repeatedly. Which window are you using, the FPGA/ASIC window? When you start mining can you look out for whether it says there's a problem with the device or the pool in the miner window please? You should get output like 'started mining on devicename' and 'pool 0 requested work update'

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

Zackary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:58:55 PM

Well that's no good! The symptoms suggest that the backend is crashing repeatedly. Which window are you using, the FPGA/ASIC window? When you start mining can you look out for whether it says there's a problem with the device or the pool in the miner window please? You should get output like 'started mining on devicename' and 'pool 0 requested work update'

I was using the standard (default) window and have my miner settings to only use my BFL ASIC in the flag field.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at the logs as I wanted my miner up and running ASAP so I just downloaded the older version and was up and running again.
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:17:55 PM

Do you know which version you upgraded from, and are you using an older version of 1.4 or the 1.3 branch now? If you upgraded from an old enough version it could have been that the location of the configuration file changed and it needed to be set up again.. also, what version of Mac OS are you running? I'll do my best to figure out what went wrong there - if anyone else is having any problems please let me know!

On a side note, shamless plug for a charity venture I'm setting up at
http://fabulouspanda.co.uk/giveabit/

Zackary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:39:25 PM

Do you know which version you upgraded from, and are you using an older version of 1.4 or the 1.3 branch now? If you upgraded from an old enough version it could have been that the location of the configuration file changed and it needed to be set up again.. also, what version of Mac OS are you running? I'll do my best to figure out what went wrong there - if anyone else is having any problems please let me know!

On a side note, shamless plug for a charity venture I'm setting up at
http://fabulouspanda.co.uk/giveabit/

I upgraded from a 1.3 version, not sure which updated variation though.
I'm running 10.8 (Mountain Lion) on a 2013 MacBook Air.
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:30:10 PM

Ah, glad to see the forum is back online! While it was down 1.4.12 was released with a big cleanup of the API Output window and memory usage improvements.

The plan going forwards is to allow the API Output window to display readings for miners on the network not directly connected to your Mac, to add a 'start these miners on app launch' preference, finish cleaning up the code and improving memory usage before announcing the next stable version, 1.5, and updating the github project with that.

XFox

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:36:23 PM

By the way, if you could fix the title of the title of the window that is displayed when a miner is started it would be great.
It's only a cosmetic issue but it always says "bfgminer has started" regardless of the actual miner that's starting (CPUMiner, CGMiner, etc.).

BTC: 1FdkrY4qT1MxARAJE3fX3HXBjWn2J54poa
LTC: LW9y3UiicfRPBZcniMrCrVhHnR2ygnWVe9
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 05:21:11 PM

By the way, if you could fix the title of the title of the window that is displayed when a miner is started it would be great.
It's only a cosmetic issue but it always says "bfgminer has started" regardless of the actual miner that's starting (CPUMiner, CGMiner, etc.).
Oh wow that's what I get for impatience, I always dismiss that so quickly I never noticed! Thanks, I'll change that for the next version Smiley

Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 10:24:10 PM

1.4.13 fixes the issue XFox mentioned and update bfgminer and cgminer to the latest versions, also has a few improvements to the GUI that had been overlooked for a while and code refinements.

Please let me know if anyone has issues with the new backends!

DeviledMoon

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 08:50:33 AM

1.4.13 fixes the issue XFox mentioned and update bfgminer and cgminer to the latest versions, also has a few improvements to the GUI that had been overlooked for a while and code refinements.

Please let me know if anyone has issues with the new backends!

Noting, this version broke a dylib, cant load anything. had to downgrade, sorry forgot to copy the log. please investigate into the latest file update.

I was also having an issue with disk space being eaten, presumably from logs, mind investigating that as well...

iMac 2012, 21.5" model, i5, 32GB Ram
XFox

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:31:55 PM

1.4.13 works for me.
I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.5.
I tested CPUMiner and CGMiner.
The only glitch I see is that with CGMiner I see many messages like this:
Code:
 [2013-10-11 16:25:41] Failed to connect to stratum on 176.31.208.222:9332                    

BTC: 1FdkrY4qT1MxARAJE3fX3HXBjWn2J54poa
LTC: LW9y3UiicfRPBZcniMrCrVhHnR2ygnWVe9
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 06:04:11 PM

Sorry about that! Next version just released to address these issues. bfgminer is fixed.

Please open pool settings and just click 'save and start' to address the issue of backup servers that no longer exist and cause that error message. Not the best fix but I'll get that going automatically soon! This temporary fix only applies to 1.4.14

I hate to do this after a buggy last release but I was working on a major rejigger of the method MacMiner uses to fetch the API data for temperature readings and the API Output view, as a result the temperature readings on FPGA/ASIC window are broken in this release but the API Output window still shows it, but temporarily lost little niceties like an indication of loading so please bare with me on this one and the next release should be a lot cleaner.

The work on the API data fetch is actually something I had in mind to deal with suspected disk usage issues so DeviledMoon please let me know whether you see that issue disappear with 1.4.14 - you were using FPGA/ASIC window right?

DeviledMoon

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 08:53:11 AM

Sorry about that! Next version just released to address these issues. bfgminer is fixed.

Please open pool settings and just click 'save and start' to address the issue of backup servers that no longer exist and cause that error message. Not the best fix but I'll get that going automatically soon! This temporary fix only applies to 1.4.14

I hate to do this after a buggy last release but I was working on a major rejigger of the method MacMiner uses to fetch the API data for temperature readings and the API Output view, as a result the temperature readings on FPGA/ASIC window are broken in this release but the API Output window still shows it, but temporarily lost little niceties like an indication of loading so please bare with me on this one and the next release should be a lot cleaner.

The work on the API data fetch is actually something I had in mind to deal with suspected disk usage issues so DeviledMoon please let me know whether you see that issue disappear with 1.4.14 - you were using FPGA/ASIC window right?

Correct, I was using the FPGA/ASIC window. I also wanted to know if we could get mobileminer api added

New version is still returning

"dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path../../jansson/lib/libjansson.4.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/lib/libblkmaker_jansson-0.1.0.dylib
  Reason: image not found
"
upon reverting to 1.3 issue disappears.
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 02:12:22 PM

Correct, I was using the FPGA/ASIC window. I also wanted to know if we could get mobileminer api added
I'll get mobileminer added in the next major release, it's been too long since a stable version so I'll try to get 1.4 that first

Referenced from: /Applications/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/lib/libblkmaker_jansson-0.1.0.dylib
"
That shouldn't be happening with the 1.4.14 update, I checked all the bfgminer files again, can you please download that and try it again? The only thing I can think is that the bfgminer from 1.4.13 is being called, maybe it was still in the Applications folder called MacMiner.app?

jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 02:13:22 PM

"

If you're not adverse to playing with some Python, you can use my MobileMiner Script BFGMobileAdapter (in my sig) alongside MacMiner at least until Anony can build in direct support. You'll have to modify some lines to match your setup (like what you call your worker) and probably comment out some of the GPU/OCL related stuff since the Mac drivers and BFGMiner 3.3.0 no longer passes temp and fan info (haven't had a chance to update the git version with proper checks for these).

Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 06:37:44 PM

thanks jedimstr, I'll at least be giving the user control over the api port within MacMiner by the time 1.4 branch is the stable version.

1.4.15 is out now which should be a bit more like a stable release than the last two, mostly it's just little fixes.

drewage

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 10:23:23 PM

I know that 1.4.15 is supposed to be updated to the latest version of BFGMiner but just to be clear, is that 3.3.0?

Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 10:58:45 PM

I know that 1.4.15 is supposed to be updated to the latest version of BFGMiner but just to be clear, is that 3.3.0?
No, it's 3.2.1, 3.3 came out like the day after - it'll be updated again with the next version!

Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 08:30:54 PM

MacMiner 1.4.16 is now out which updates bfgminer to version 3.3 which fixes an issue where a BFL LS would show a device for each of it's processors in API Output and fixes an issue with the API Output window where more than two devices would not load in the table view.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: