Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:12:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The official MacMiner thread [BTC/LTC-CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC]  (Read 166698 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:30:30 AM

The Fabulous Panda Pool is moving to a new server today, the change will take a little while to take effect and in the meantime you may see unexpected stats on the pool site - if you'd like to switch to the new server manually without waiting for the change to take effect you can set up with your primary pool as

http://78.46.18.222:9332 for BTC or :9327 for LTC

But there is no need to act on the news, the move will take care of itself and the work from the old server counts towards the work on the new server. The old server will continue to operate for a few days after the move. Thanks everyone who's using it! The pool website will be improved drastically over the coming days/weeks following on from the MacMiner website improvements.

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BTC: 12vZf8mjaXvHorXWVWfv7nZspHa8L8kfoG LTC: LLRqwo3YcLqoRyfZRVmUevtd2Y35Vvnt4w
BrandonMcPherson

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:50:45 AM

Hey BitBacco, does the networked miner feature support ASICminer's Cube? I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong (likely), or if it's an issue with that device.
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 09:38:56 AM

Hey BitBacco, does the networked miner feature support ASICminer's Cube? I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong (likely), or if it's an issue with that device.
I've had a quick scan around and as far as I can tell it's not running cgminer or bfgminer which is the type of API output it's looking for, BUT if you add

--http-port 8330

to manual flags in the fpga/asic window settings panel where the number is the port you've set up as the pool port on the Cube, then you can use MacMiner instead of slush's stratum proxy and I would assume that then the stats will show up in MacMiner - I'd be very interested to hear how it goes!

MacMiner - The first, best and easiest to use native Mac coin mining app: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197110.0

BrandonMcPherson

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:48:32 AM

Yikes. I'm just ignorant enough to start dicking around with that. I'd love to run it through MacMiner instead of the stratum proxy.

I do know that the Cube is using an internal getwork miner of some sort. Does that change anything?
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 09:54:52 AM

All I know is that it's probably something proprietary to asicminer and it's been the same on the older asicminer blade units. I couldn't come across any popular method of monitoring the blades/cubes short of watching the pool! Hopefully bfgminer will show stats rather than just acting as the proxy…

It should be as simple as my previous post though, so just a quick something to test Smiley

BrandonMcPherson

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:12:21 AM

I plopped that line into the manual flags (do I need others? I'm no longer running BEs), and got this back:

[2013-12-24 02:09:37] /Applications/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/bin/bfgminer: --http-port: unrecognized option
 [2013-12-24 02:09:37] /Applications/MacMiner.app/Contents/Resources/bfgminer/bin/bfgminer: --http-port: unrecognized option

Do I need to kill the proxy first?
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 10:17:44 AM

Ah I must apologise I've compiled bfgminer without support for --http-port - I'll update MacMiner very soon!

On the plus side, I found out that 'proxy' shows up as a device in MacMiner and you can get the stats for it.

BrandonMcPherson

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:23:29 AM

Consider me your guinea pig if you want to test this before release.

And, how do you add the proxy as a device?
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 12:21:20 PM

Just to note I carried on that conversation in PMs! For everyone else's benefit - In MacMiner 1.5.4+ you can connect asicminer cubes and blades using --http-port 1234 in FPGA/ASIC window miner settings manual flags where 1234 is the port your asicminer is pointed at - this is an alternative to using Slush's proxy

1.5.4 is just out:
Important bug fix for API Output/MobileMiner users
Upgrade bfgminer and cgminer both to version 3.9
Little Fury driver enabled in bfgminer - this causes a conflict when using -S all with BFL hardware in which case you must use -S bfl:all

XFox

Activity: 144

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:49:24 PM

I should have documented this more and it'll work a lot smoother in the next version once API Output is separated from FPGA/ASIC miner and fed by everything - MobileMiner picks up any GPU or PGA devices that are showing up in API Output window

Hi,
I still cannot make MobileMiner to work with the API Output window of MacMiner 1.5.4 attached to a KnCMiner networked miner.
I tested it on Lion with the firewall off.
MobileMiner is version 1.5.0 on an iPod touch (4th generation) with iOS 6.1.5.

BTC: 1FdkrY4qT1MxARAJE3fX3HXBjWn2J54poa
LTC: LW9y3UiicfRPBZcniMrCrVhHnR2ygnWVe9
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:01:06 PM

I should have documented this more and it'll work a lot smoother in the next version once API Output is separated from FPGA/ASIC miner and fed by everything - MobileMiner picks up any GPU or PGA devices that are showing up in API Output window

I still cannot make MobileMiner to work with the API Output window of MacMiner 1.5.4 attached to a KnCMiner networked miner.

Let me know if you need help troubleshooting on the backend Anonymailer.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:26:05 PM

Hey XFox - so is the API Output window updating OK? Can you just triple check your settings are correct in MobileMiner preferences if so please? Enter them again even if they're right… I had trouble testing on a 10.7 VM due to networking issues but I'll sort something out to check on that. Do you have a machine running a newer OS you could give it a shot with?

Thanks nwoolls, I don't suppose you have stats for the number of users feeding data from MacMiner?

Is anyone else using the MobileMiner app with MacMiner?

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:01:00 PM

Thanks nwoolls, I don't suppose you have stats for the number of users feeding data from MacMiner?

I'm showing a total of 3 users and 4 machines for MacMiner.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:40:26 PM

Thanks!

One more thing Xfox, what's the Device name of the Knc, ASC0?

Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 05:25:41 PM

the 1.5.4 version download has been updated with a bug fix - the original release had a fix for the API Output window when monitoring a network miner where the networked miner data would be fetched when it was being deleted and this caused it's data to stop updating - this new version also includes a fix preventing it from fetching that data before it's finished being written. Sorry about that!

XFox

Activity: 144

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:08:44 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 06:25:14 AM by XFox

I'm sorry my reply is so late, I've been a bit busy in the last days. Sad

Hey XFox - so is the API Output window updating OK?

Yes, the API Output window is updating correctly.

Can you just triple check your settings are correct in MobileMiner preferences if so please? Enter them again even if they're right…

I've already did it before posting with no success.
On a side note, on iOS I haven't found a way to check or enter the e-mail address and API key again after they have been set for the first time. I had to delete and reinstall the MobileMiner app to do it. nwoolls, am I missing something?

Do you have a machine running a newer OS you could give it a shot with?

Yes, I will test it on Mountain Lion and report back.

UPDATE:
I had no success on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.5), either.

Yes, it's ASC0.

BTC: 1FdkrY4qT1MxARAJE3fX3HXBjWn2J54poa
LTC: LW9y3UiicfRPBZcniMrCrVhHnR2ygnWVe9
Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 08:44:59 AM

I'm sorry my reply is so late, I've been a bit busy in the last days. Sad

Hey XFox - so is the API Output window updating OK?

Yes, the API Output window is updating correctly.

Can you just triple check your settings are correct in MobileMiner preferences if so please? Enter them again even if they're right…

I've already did it before posting with no success.
On a side note, on iOS I haven't found a way to check or enter the e-mail address and API key again after they have been set for the first time. I had to delete and reinstall the MobileMiner app to do it. nwoolls, am I missing something?

Do you have a machine running a newer OS you could give it a shot with?

Yes, I will test it on Mountain Lion and report back.

UPDATE:
I had no success on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.5), either.

Yes, it's ASC0.

When I was testing I found before the device started receiving data pulling down the MobileMiner display cause it to attempt refresh and if that failed show those settings - we could be on to something here, maybe that means something to nwoolls? Perhaps there's a specific info field that should be updating from MacMiner but isn't - Are you monitoring JUST the  network miner? I haven't tested just that yet so I can give that a shot

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

When I was testing I found before the device started receiving data pulling down the MobileMiner display cause it to attempt refresh and if that failed show those settings - we could be on to something here, maybe that means something to nwoolls? Perhaps there's a specific info field that should be updating from MacMiner but isn't - Are you monitoring JUST the  network miner? I haven't tested just that yet so I can give that a shot

If you haven't already, I would recommend building in some sort of debug logging that captures the HTTP POST request being sent across and the response. Or use something like Wireshark to capture that.

Unfortunately there's not much I can do other than look server-side and see if data is coming in. From the stats I'm seeing it looks like something in MacMiner is preventing its proper use.

Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 09:37:52 PM

If you haven't already, I would recommend building in some sort of debug logging that captures the HTTP POST request being sent across and the response. Or use something like Wireshark to capture that.

Unfortunately there's not much I can do other than look server-side and see if data is coming in. From the stats I'm seeing it looks like something in MacMiner is preventing its proper use.

OK, the API data retrieval is about to undergo a big reconstruction so if this isn't fixed by that I'll definitely build in debug logging for this, thanks guys!

Anonymailer (OP)
aka BitBacco

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:58:07 PM

MacMiner 1.5.5 totally reworks the API data fetch(es) and allows more than one networked miner to be monitored in the API Output window

I've been very lucky to have the help of a really great programmer named Scott Holben who has made this improvement far quicker in arrival and superior in implementation than it otherwise would have been, totally reworking the api-example.c that's distributed with bfgminer to a more powerful beast altogether which will benefit us all for a long time to come!

Scott is now credited in the About MacMiner section of the app and you can donate BTC for his contribution to the development of MacMiner:
1E4JSbwSvMA2zhrTF1SGpqZBXNyYEei4oY

It's a great pleasure to see MacMiner take a big step towards being a real community driven project!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: