Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:15:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274749 times)
eduk

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:40:19 PM

How about some sort of ranging market detection so that the bot would stop trading in periods of low volatility like we've seen over the last few days?

The link in this post seems very interesting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67591.msg2118599#msg2118599

Hi Smiley,
  Yes I saw the post and I've been thinking about it. An EMA trading bot, by its very nature (it identifies trends), is resistant to volatility if proper time thresholds are used (15 minutes to an hour in the BTC market), you can see a full discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501. The solution on the thread is more designed for a frequency bot.

What this solution is doing is its taking the lowest value from the current set of data and subtracting it from the highest, then comparing that value to the last value obtained from the last set of data. It's an unreliable indicator at best.

The solution implemented here is very easy for us to add to the bot and I'm happy to schedule it, I have yet to turn down a request for the new version Smiley, but please be aware it is a highly unstable solution that will likely be counterproductive. I leave you with the words of the programmer who added the feature in the bot you are discussing:

"Whether this is the best way of working out volatility, I'm not sure." - Eduk

What I can promise you is that we will be sure to publish a complete and effective volatility solution when we have found one and tested it out with our own money Smiley.

Pablo.

I'm not sure because I have very little trading experience and there is most likely better ways of working out volatility. In this very recent example which I'm currently trading with, it skipped the EMA thresholds because volatility wasn't high enough and avoided a stupid sell and buy based on volatility.

https://i.imgur.com/37KOIhG.png
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 05:46:05 PM

How about some sort of ranging market detection so that the bot would stop trading in periods of low volatility like we've seen over the last few days?

The link in this post seems very interesting: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67591.msg2118599#msg2118599

Hi Smiley,
  Yes I saw the post and I've been thinking about it. An EMA trading bot, by its very nature (it identifies trends), is resistant to volatility if proper time thresholds are used (15 minutes to an hour in the BTC market), you can see a full discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501. The solution on the thread is more designed for a frequency bot.

What this solution is doing is its taking the lowest value from the current set of data and subtracting it from the highest, then comparing that value to the last value obtained from the last set of data. It's an unreliable indicator at best.

The solution implemented here is very easy for us to add to the bot and I'm happy to schedule it, I have yet to turn down a request for the new version Smiley, but please be aware it is a highly unstable solution that will likely be counterproductive. I leave you with the words of the programmer who added the feature in the bot you are discussing:

"Whether this is the best way of working out volatility, I'm not sure." - Eduk

What I can promise you is that we will be sure to publish a complete and effective volatility solution when we have found one and tested it out with our own money Smiley.

Pablo.

I'm not sure because I have very little trading experience and there is most likely better ways of working out volatility. In this very recent example which I'm currently trading with, it skipped the EMA thresholds because volatility wasn't high enough and avoided a stupid sell and buy based on volatility.

Eduk, I can see that, nice job!

We will look into implementing our own solution once we have had time to design one and test it out. Please let us know how your solution works out in the next couple of weeks, if you've found something we missed, we would love to collaborate; and perhaps our own solution will be effective for your bot as well Smiley.

Best,
   Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
eduk

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

@Pablo

Yeah it still needs some work to be fully effective because if the EMA is say high in the + percentages but is volatile because it is going downwards it could buy in the wrong direction. Basically it could work better by checking the last price against the volatility to see whether it is the correct direction, like a check of the first sample EMA against the latest.
davider

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 06:07:25 PM

I think would be best to do some tests on Mt.Gox historical data to check if this option improves the performance of the bot.

A file with all the mtgox trade data from time zero to 27 Apr 2013 sourced from their API is available here:
http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8418450
eduk

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:11:02 PM

Another way the bots can be made to be smarter is you see on the image above when it goes close to a sell, there needs to be some sort of EMA check when using samples because it goes -0.128 to -0.153 back to -0.143. A check on the third sample against the second should be made so that it holds off selling because of that -0.143 showing a possible change of direction. or compare how quickly the EMA has changed over the 3 samples and making a more informed decision so like checking the gap between the 3 samples is above a certain figure.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:30:26 AM

I've been using the bot for about 5 days now and here is quick "review":

1) The author, Pablo, is very helpful. He responds to all queries (however silly!) very quickly. He also listens to suggestions for new features in future versions.
2) Its impossible in a few days to say if this bot will make you money. The only question a quick test can answer is "does the bot do what it claims to"? And the answer is yes. It implements an EMA-based "trend following" algorithm.
3) It seems very reliable, its basically run 24-7 for me without any issues.

This kind of bot really suits noob / intermediate level traders. A more advanced trader probably wouldn't want a system to always take trading decisions automatically and would also want more charting options, but for the "rest of us", its a very very good introduction to bitcoin trading using a well-known trading algorithm.

Recommended.

miningusa

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:43:05 AM

Would love to give this a go.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 10:45:50 AM

Would love to give this a go.

Just sent you a PM Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 11:17:09 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 11:39:55 PM by fible1

Our New Website is LIVE!

Visit www.BTCBots.com for all your trading bot needs Smiley.

In honor of launch we are offering an EXCLUSIVE 10% off discount code to everyone who purchases through the website, just use the code below on check out!:

TB0874

Pablo,
BTCBots.com
sales@BTCBots.com

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
PassiTheApe

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:12:50 PM

Sounds very appealing...I´d really like to give it a try. I don´t know if it´s possible to make a 1-3 days trial version? Cheesy Spending 99$ on a product without actual reviews is naive. If it definitely works how it claims I am very probably willing to buy it. The thing is: my trading is currently around 0.1 - 1.5 BTC in 3 weeks or so, so not much, meaning it wouldn´t be very economical for me at the price of 99$. But...I don´t know^^

15oK8nTR7UhycbEhVK7GydVhJd518tLqrP
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:16:53 PM

Sounds very appealing...I´d really like to give it a try. I don´t know if it´s possible to make a 1-3 days trial version? Cheesy Spending 99$ on a product without actual reviews is naive. If it definitely works how it claims I am very probably willing to buy it. The thing is: my trading is currently around 0.1 - 1.5 BTC in 3 weeks or so, so not much, meaning it wouldn´t be very economical for me at the price of 99$. But...I don´t know^^

Hi PassiTheApe Smiley,

We currently don't have a trial version, I'm sorry about this Sad. We will take your suggestion into account and look into incorporating this in the future.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate: pablo@btcbots.com

Best Smiley.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:45:27 PM

+1  Wink
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:48:25 PM

If anyone has any feature suggestions for future upgrades, now is the time!

Pablo.
Yes, would be very nice if it works on btc-e, bitstamp etc. (with multi currencies) too  Wink
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:53:05 PM

If anyone has any feature suggestions for future upgrades, now is the time!

Pablo.
Yes, would be very nice if it works on btc-e, bitstamp etc. (with multi currencies) too  Wink

BTCE is GUARANTEED for V2 (unless there is a major disaster). We are working on Bitstamp Smiley. Multi currency is in the works for V3 or V4 Smiley. We have some other surprises up our sleeves Smiley.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 12:39:42 PM

We are having a great week!

Take advantage of 10% discount code "TB0874" before it expires!

www.btcbots.com

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
telemaco

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:29:04 PM

When will you release btc-e.com & bitstamp support (version 2)?

I think it is now a very good moment to release such support taking in account the latest news from MtGox&Dwolla. It might get you many conversions if timed quickly.

I would definetely buy it.
jimbob007

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:15:17 PM

I'd be very interested in this bot if btc-e was supported. Gox is just too unreliable right now Undecided
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:07:23 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 11:07:46 AM by fible1

I think it is now a very good moment to release such support taking in account the latest news from MtGox&Dwolla. It might get you many conversions if timed quickly.

Hi Smiley,

I agree with you completely. We are pushing our BTCE development as fast as we can make it. The issue is that as per our policy, we have to test the code extensively before we release it so we can release the best product we can. Barring any major issues, there should be an announcement about this soon Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any questions or other suggestions, our goal is to make this the most feature packed Bot out there!

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
telemaco

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:32:49 PM

Hi Smiley,

I agree with you completely. We are pushing our BTCE development as fast as we can make it. The issue is that as per our policy, we have to test the code extensively before we release it so we can release the best product we can. Barring any major issues, there should be an announcement about this soon Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any questions or other suggestions, out goal is to make this the most feature packed Bot out there!

Pablo.

Ok but even if you have one bug it probably won't be worse than the current, daily and for many hours MtGox outages. We are not talking about 99.99999% uptime on MtGox but maybe 70%. Is simply not reliable. If with this bot you manage to trade 4 times, the fifth will fail because MtGox is down and in that one you can easily lose all you have won, and at the same moment be paying the highest comission of all exchanges.
IdiotHole

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:01:55 AM

Once BTC-E/Bitstamp and alt currencies are implemented I'll be buying it, at the moment it's not worth the premium over the free versions imo.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: