Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Asic for SIA - Obelisk SC1  (Read 29188 times)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:28:33 PM

"We still plan to ship by June 2018 at the latest" !

So one has to wait a year for this miner possibly ?

yupp, and people who paid for a minebox (their last money grab) months ago are still getting the run around, months behind their last "latest by" delivery and nothing but promises made for their future...

but hey thats how robbing paul to deliver peter's machines works right? Cheesy

and yet people buy....  

crypto is funny ahha
Is minerbox connected with the SIA team? I was under the impression that they are not affiliated

Minebox is not connected directly to SIA as far as I know but they do have a partnership with HP Enterprise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:49:22 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2017, 10:50:27 AM by Searing

"We still plan to ship by June 2018 at the latest" !

So one has to wait a year for this miner possibly ?

yupp, and people who paid for a minebox (their last money grab) months ago are still getting the run around, months behind their last "latest by" delivery and nothing but promises made for their future...

but hey thats how robbing paul to deliver peter's machines works right? Cheesy

and yet people buy....  

crypto is funny ahha
Is minerbox connected with the SIA team? I was under the impression that they are not affiliated

Minebox is not connected directly to SIA as far as I know but they do have a partnership with HP Enterprise.

The site seems to show otherwise. That it is a big deal with the partnership with HP.

The other point mentioned by folk, I've heard on these SC ASIC machines being promoted more as SC coin machines, rather the the asic angle for home miners
getting back into crypto ...also has some merit.....imho should be more noise than I've seen on this. With as many folk like me just dying to mine something
other then bitmain machines (ltc or btc) ....

hey ..I"m bent and taking a 'flyer/chance' on these guys....what the heck it is ONLY money right? (we are all in this for the future of money for humanity right?) Smiley

edit: well things are looking a bit chaotic to say the least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6m872o/utaek42_casually_mentions_that_they_are/

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:22:43 PM

That doesn't look good... Thinking out loud like this really doesn't inspire much confidence for investors, miners, etc.  Sounds to me like the DEV's need to get some miners up and running before hand and mining a little to help fund their cause before releasing them to the public and make sure they keep some miners running to fund their efforts.  

At least disclose the plan so that people know the specifics.  I am sure that would make a bunch of people mad too, but if the DEV's aren't being funded at this point they need to do something that isn't going to shake peoples confidence and people just go elsewhere.  If they start "forking" around and I know I am not going to spend any more time messing with SC.

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

This seems to be another scam, well it cant be helped, right now people have much more money than sense, they just want to throw their money somewhere for the sake of throwing it. They want to get scammed!!!

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Eyedol-X

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:00:50 PM

In regards to the reddit post -- He's just "thinking out loud"... While I appreciate the honesty I don't think he realizes how those thoughts could be construed by the public as evidenced by some of the above remarks.

The bottom line regarding that post is they'd be stupid because of the regulatory crap that goes along with such a venture, they'd also put themselves in a situation where cases of fraud could be brought against them. I'm sure if he spoke to a lawyer about this "idea" he would be told not to do it.

IMO the point of his post is they are trying to figure out ways to fund expanded development of SIA and he's considered even that scenario but as he indicated it doesn't make a whole lot of sense because of the risk.

Also I haven't read the entire thread where that quote came from but that quote is probably being taken out of context by someone wanting to get points on Reddit.

Lastly, I believe this isn't the first time the concept of a coin development being funded by coin sales by the devs.

Example:
The Zcash Foundation is funded by the blockchain itself. A portion of the Zcash Founders' Reward have been donated to the Foundation. These coins will be distributed incrementally over the next 3 and ⅔ years, until November 2021. The total amount donated is 273,000 ⓩ coins. At today's price ($49/ZEC) that would be worth more than $13 million!
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:59:22 PM

If their time frame weren't a year out on the Obelisk miner they would have the kind of interest they were hoping for.  It is just way too much lead time to get people willing to throw a lot of money at this.  They would have the interest and the funding for this if the runway were shorter.  People are looking, but with good reason they are holding back.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:22:19 AM

If their time frame weren't a year out on the Obelisk miner they would have the kind of interest they were hoping for.  It is just way too much lead time to get people willing to throw a lot of money at this.  They would have the interest and the funding for this if the runway were shorter.  People are looking, but with good reason they are holding back.

Yeah...now that they have everyones attention they could re-consider all this miner stuff for now..punt it into 2017 w/ new miner

Well they could refund ...thus refunding would further prove they are legit and help their cause and coin project

refunding ..folks $$$ now for the oblisk and instead get their house in order. Then if they do fund a miner..fund it not as a seacoin pet project
but as a blake2 protocol (I think it is) and seacoin miner....asic miner first on that protocol......a way to move siacoin 2nd

other devs would have options to make blake2 protocol coins (again I think that is the protocol) expand the universe

is seacoins on the blake2 protocol ..are being sold for fund/support the open cloud project on storage...well the other coins would not effect

their efforts that much imho anyway....likely it would expand the interest in their efforts and hardware

but a refund and a miner in the blake2 protocol might be a way to punt and hedge w/o losing their momentum BEFORE they cash out the $$$ for chips etc

and miners

can't always climb the mountain on the first route choice Smiley

my 2c worth

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:02:18 AM

lol, so much fun, now you trolls probably will all want refund hehe, if you dont play long then bye bye and by the way as siacoin will be asic only which means, investors will probably never pump this ever again, see, in the end siacoin devs wanted to be greedy and they got burnt hehe

Eyedol-X

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:17:03 AM

Everything in the market is down right now, I'm not investing into SIA because I believe i will see short term gains.

I don't want a refund. I want the pre-order to move forward and hit that 2000 unit mark, looks like they are up to 1240 units.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:28:14 AM

Everything in the market is down right now, I'm not investing into SIA because I believe i will see short term gains.

I don't want a refund. I want the pre-order to move forward and hit that 2000 unit mark, looks like they are up to 1240 units.

With the current siacoin price in mind now, its looking an impossible mission, siacoin devs need an assistance from Ethan Hunt and the imf people hehe

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:36:43 PM

lol, so much fun, now you trolls probably will all want refund hehe, if you dont play long then bye bye and by the way as siacoin will be asic only which means, investors will probably never pump this ever again, see, in the end siacoin devs wanted to be greedy and they got burnt hehe

I don't really care one way or another for refund...it serves me better to get equip this year and take the IRS equip deduction and take the revenue next year

just saying a reboot on design to allow more alts to EVENTUALLY be made with their miner using this protocol....might be wise

they'd likely get more $$$ from ASIC miner folk ..and likely these other devs making such coin would not effect the attempts

of why siacoin is made and to be used...

just saying..(of course I know zip at one time I drank the BFL Kool-Aid...so just tossing it out there as an option ..ie reboot for a couple months)

brad

Eyedol-X

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:12:23 PM

I don't really care one way or another for refund...it serves me better to get equip this year and take the IRS equip deduction and take the revenue next year

just saying a reboot on design to allow more alts to EVENTUALLY be made with their miner using this protocol....might be wise

they'd likely get more $$$ from ASIC miner folk ..and likely these other devs making such coin would not effect the attempts

of why siacoin is made and to be used...

just saying..(of course I know zip at one time I drank the BFL Kool-Aid...so just tossing it out there as an option ..ie reboot for a couple months)

brad

I agree here, they are still in design phase, it definitely seems like they can design it to do all Blake Algos + Optimize it for SIA but they are choosing not to.

I'll be interested to see if they decide to re-think that decision.
ekrififi (OP)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:09:02 PM

Anybody care to guess how long it will take for this SC1 batch to sell out? It's been stuck at 1260 / 4000 for a few days now...
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:28:30 PM

Anybody care to guess how long it will take for this SC1 batch to sell out? It's been stuck at 1260 / 4000 for a few days now...

With siacoin prices as it is, forever and since this will be an asic coin then rest in peace.

ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:14:25 AM

This link is hysterical. The comments section is more interesting and (much) more informed than the article itself. Made me proud of my crypto brethren...

https://themerkle.com/what-is-the-obelisk-sc1-asic-miner/
Sync485

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:49:24 AM

This link is hysterical. The comments section is more interesting and (much) more informed than the article itself. Made me proud of my crypto brethren...

Exactly!
2xjO9M3P

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 05:46:31 AM

Exactly!

This is my favorite all-time typo.
You can also pay by wife transfer.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:47:05 AM

Well I took a chance on two of these Obelisk SC-1 beasties....

I looked at another one (maybe..just to look) and a big difference between the ave price on the other two
of I think it was 0.976 btc vs the 1.235 btc (19% increase) that I'd pay today at $2,053 btc.

ugg..that is ugly Sad

Brad

ekrififi (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:02:32 AM

I looked at another one (maybe..just to look) and a big difference between the ave price on the other two
of I think it was 0.976 btc vs the 1.235 btc (19% increase) that I'd pay today at $2,053 btc.

ugg..that is ugly Sad

Brad

I think they're taking usd via bank transfer now, but I guess you're trying to put your crypto to work.

They'll still be for sale after August 1st, when I suspect btc will rebound somewhat once FUD runs out.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:05:43 AM

ugg..that is ugly Sad

Brad

I think they're taking usd via bank transfer now, but I guess you're trying to put your crypto to work.

They'll still be for sale after August 1st, when I suspect btc will rebound somewhat once FUD runs out.

So I gather they are taking BOTH now? Wire Xfer and BTC?

But yeah, main reason for me to get the Obelisk SC-1 miners was for equipment write off into next year...too much mining revenue...and as to my mining.....well,  hell even
and idiot like me can do well, if LTC mining goes from $4.15 to $56 bucks per LTC...(now it is $40.10 per LTC as we speak)...thus scrambling for equipment that makes at
least SOME sense ....

Trying to not give ALL my money to the IRS ..so did this as a 'hedge' (in my feeble justifications for all equipment buys) ..but now ...if BTC keeps dumping....well damn...I did not expect to
have to hedge....against BTC dumping......but here we are Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: