Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:48:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Asic for SIA - Obelisk SC1  (Read 29188 times)
REAL_MORPHEUS

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:55:17 AM

I also got Obelisk to up date their sales counters on their website.

If you are going to show numbers.... make them real and up-to-date.

New numbers as of Jan 15 2018:

DCR1:     1,095 sold

SCI:        1,585 sold

** EOF **

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:00:27 AM

DCR1:     1,095 sold

SCI:       1,585 sold

** EOF **

so when I got my original 1st batch of sc-1's the hash rate was 100mh now it is 800mh...so all that batch and new stuff

can you blow a coin up...to being worthless...simply because everyone turns their machines on at the same time?

The sia folk told me my orders did NOT matter in dates/time per batch..they will ship all the stuff at once

interesting situation..I saw a patch for KNC scrypt miners to scrypt-n protocol ...in 2015....and blew up and destroyed all worth of scrypt n coins in a week!

but, my bet is not on the coin price, but the protocol for storage...so we should be all right..correct....(scared self with above)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:08:19 AM

@Searing

Good call but Bitmain appear sold out .... for now.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020170627175024105t4k8SjM5067C

This would tie in nicely to my 240v PDU's.

**EOF**
REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:17:40 AM

** EOF **

so when I got my original 1st batch of sc-1's the hash rate was 100mh now it is 800mh...so all that batch and new stuff

can you blow a coin up...to being worthless...simply because everyone turns their machines on at the same time?

The sia folk told me my orders did NOT matter in dates/time per batch..they will ship all the stuff at once

interesting situation..I saw a patch for KNC scrypt miners to scrypt-n protocol ...in 2015....and blew up and destroyed all worth of scrypt n coins in a week!

but, my bet is not on the coin price, but the protocol for storage...so we should be all right..correct....(scared self with above)

And quit scaring self and potentially others and focus on the underlying SIA tech.....

How many coins out there have some perceived value and yet no tech backing it?

Coins with out any underlying tech reminds me of the DOTCOM bubble .... and we know how that went over (Wikipedia it if any one doesn't know)

Have a website? Own a DOTCOM.... No business plan? No worries! Here is $10MM in VC/sheep monies !

Grin

**EOF**
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:04:06 AM

so I just started mining this coin, are you saying that its not worth mining this coin with my 1 1070 because there are savages with those big loud hot bitcoin machines that its to hard and I only get like 1 a day or something?
REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:17:27 AM

so I just started mining this coin, are you saying that its not worth mining this coin with my 1 1070 because there are savages with those big loud hot bitcoin machines that its to hard and I only get like 1 a day or something?

No that is not what is being said. The Asic SIA miners are not slated for release until July 2018.

Until then, GPU mine away. You should see an increase in SIA coins that you mine as of Jan 21 2018.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:35:50 AM

No that is not what is being said. The Asic SIA miners are not slated for release until July 2018.

Until then, GPU mine away. You should see an increase in SIA coins that you mine as of Jan 21 2018.

oh ok, and when the asic miners come out, a po miner like me with 1 1070 doesnt stand a change right?

what happens on jan 21 2018? why will I be seeing more coins?
REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:09:55 AM

Sia HardFork Jan 21 2018

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7p9ll1/summary_of_the_upcoming_sia_hardfork_block_139000/

When Asics hit the market, GPU will be theoretically obsolete.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:16:17 AM

Nobody got the memo on the Giant-B? GPU mining of DCR, SIA, LBRY and Pascal is dying right now.
MWSchmid

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:52:20 AM

more on my question with the Sia-Obelisk:

"Raiblocks isn't a Proof of Work coin, it's uses a different technique for consensus called a direct acyclic graph.  It does use the Blake2b hash function, but not as a form of consensus, so the speed of an ASIC is not of any use for RaiBlocks.  A normal CPU implementation of Blake2b is just fine."

So - the Sia-Obelisk is probably going to be able to join any Blake2b pool, but there is currently no other coin than Sia.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:48:54 PM

** EOF **

And quit scaring self and potentially others and focus on the underlying SIA tech.....

How many coins out there have some perceived value and yet no tech backing it?

Coins with out any underlying tech reminds me of the DOTCOM bubble .... and we know how that went over (Wikipedia it if any one doesn't know)

Have a website? Own a DOTCOM.... No business plan? No worries! Here is $10MM in VC/sheep monies !

Grin

**EOF**

you could be right...I'm doing this as a 25% gamble above and beyond what I likely will pay the tax man this year

50% tax rate and 25% equip deduction applied to taxes I know I will pay otherwise above this

on the other hand

with crypto dumping in price I may be outsmarting myself this year and my risk on equip is more than 25% above

if income is less than my expected (and last years) 50% mining rate 40% and 10% state tax)

so I may be on the wrong end of this idea

but yeah, this all could be unicorn farts equip wise....

as to more equipment as a hedge on price dropping...not sure if I am in the game for that now ...due to you guessed it

price dropping for crypto

ah...crypto....always the drama (and confusion)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

"Nobody got the memo on the Giant-B"

The Giant B is Vapor Ware as of this writing as far as I know.... no units on the market as of this post nor any idea on when they will be ready.

https://www.baikalminer.com/product10.php

Pricing for some pre-sales at $20k for 80/GH ... I'll pass on this thanks.

https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-miner-giant-b/

Rumour has it SIA Group is communicating with Netflix and probably/hopefully others.....

Personally, I am into it for the long hall and bought 6 /SCI-1.

No risk.... no reward  :-)

Gotta play the game to win!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:28:02 PM

"Nobody got the memo on the Giant-B"

The Giant B is Vapor Ware as of this writing as far as I know.... no units on the market as of this post nor any idea on when they will be ready.

https://www.baikalminer.com/product10.php

Pricing for some pre-sales at $20k for 80/GH ... I'll pass on this thanks.

https://asicminermarket.com/product/baikal-miner-giant-b/

Rumour has it SIA Group is communicating with Netflix and probably/hopefully others.....

Personally, I am into it for the long hall and bought 6 /SCI-1.

No risk.... no reward  :-)

Gotta play the game to win!

yeah I got 5 coming 1st batch

was thinking of getting 5 more with my coupons

now not so sure....last week as a hedge if crypto went down I thought about it ..but stalled

will have to re-think this before the end of the month deadline

right now updating LTC wallet to panic sell some LTC for the tax man (ouch) and hoping coinbase does not choke

as it has in the past

fun times......

not

now if the price was to jump back to 14k again on a rebound with the same drama/fud etc coming and going

hell, I might go back to 5 units more again (what to get decred or sia or mix no idea)

but as of now in crypto dump mode..not too attractive as a hedge to me anyway (missed that boat last week)

REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:33:25 PM

I did the math and calc/projection on Decred and couldn't justify it and opt'd to buy into SCI-1 more for the same price point.

Better potential ROI. Just my instinct.

Looking to reinvest into SIA-GEN-2 if all works out on this....
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

I did the math and calc/projection on Decred and couldn't justify it and opt'd to buy into SCI-1 more for the same price point.

Better potential ROI. Just my instinct.

Looking to reinvest into SIA-GEN-2 if all works out on this....

yeah that is my thoughts...IF siacoin makes it ..IT WILL NOT be due to the price and speculation of this coin..it will be due to the

ASIC network and their decentralized anon storage solutions at 10c to Amazon's $1.00 in pricing

with the amount of siacoin generated..that is the ONLY way such an ASIC network can pump out that many coin

for this whole idea to make sense

anyway my (likely clueless) interpetation of this

now do I man up and get some more machines with my coupon...or sit like I have today and watch the FUD and

crypto prices dump as I sit an pucker up tighter and tighter

fun retirement I started yesterday (yep thats what did it, me retireing due to crypto etc, I broke the works)

sorry about that

(what do they say about 'timing is everything' ..If I'd done this LAST WEEK as least I could have 'gloated' for a week)

REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:46:48 PM

This is in no way any advice on investing... my preamble.... BUT

If I was sitting on that many coupons I would possibly wait for GEN-2 and get a couple then and get 1 batch 2 in the short term....then hurry up and wait LOL.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:53:07 PM

If I was sitting on that many coupons I would possibly wait for GEN-2 and get a couple then and get 1 batch 2 in the short term....then hurry up and wait LOL.

Is gen-2 this 2nd batch that we have to buy by the end of this month ...Jan 31st 2018?

or

is it beyond that batch

and hell, remember sia folk said that the coupons were good for the NEXT batch...I wonder if that means

ONLY the next batch after 1st batch..the stuff that ends at the end of this month

was stalling looking at doing anything till the 25th or so

now alas have to actually THINK about stuff

damn it

REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:53:57 PM

more on my question with the Sia-Obelisk:

"Raiblocks isn't a Proof of Work coin, it's uses a different technique for consensus called a direct acyclic graph.  It does use the Blake2b hash function, but not as a form of consensus, so the speed of an ASIC is not of any use for RaiBlocks.  A normal CPU implementation of Blake2b is just fine."

So - the Sia-Obelisk is probably going to be able to join any Blake2b pool, but there is currently no other coin than Sia.

No guarantee and I wouldn't bank on this thought.

If it is possible BONUS! If not, cest la vie..
REAL_MORPHEUS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:06:09 PM

Is gen-2 this 2nd batch that we have to buy by the end of this month ...Jan 31st 2018?

or

is it beyond that batch

and hell, remember sia folk said that the coupons were good for the NEXT batch...I wonder if that means

ONLY the next batch after 1st batch..the stuff that ends at the end of this month

damn it

Gen-2 (SCI-2) are the units they speak of that will be 2x-10x more GH and slated for Jan 2019.

Batch 2 of SC-1 ends at end of month..... as of this post unless they change it.

I think the coupons are good for any PRODUCT they make there after..... unless I misread.

And what's with the 360 sec wait I have to do on this site before I can post again?

Very odd.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:12:40 PM

or

is it beyond that batch

damn it

Gen-2 (SCI-2) are the units they speak of that will be 2x-10x more GH and slated for Jan 2019.

Batch 2 of SC-1 ends at end of month..... as of this post unless they change it.

I think the coupons are good for any PRODUCT they make there after..... unless I misread.

And what's with the 360 sec wait I have to do on this site before I can post again?

Very odd.

to get out of newbie status you have to get 30 posts I think it is?

or the lag

also you can't post pics I think

and any msgs you pm have CAUTION THIS PERSON MAY BE A NEWBIE SCAM or some such

I got to be out of my frigging mind buying 5 1st batch obelisks and they now want me to get 5 1/2 off

obelisks and you say that they have 2nd gen obelisks for jan 2019

yeah, sh*t this could not end badly right...I mean actually considering ordering a 2nd batch of asic units

when the first batch won't arrive till July 2019

what could go wrong?

FML

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: