Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Asic for SIA - Obelisk SC1  (Read 29188 times)
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:10:37 AM

I honestly think if they hold on the sales will pick up because time will erase some of the concerns.  I am considering picking one of these up if they are still for sale here in a few months.  But for now I have too many irons in the fire already.  LOL

I know that feeling well

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:14:10 AM

I honestly think if they hold on the sales will pick up because time will erase some of the concerns.  I am considering picking one of these up if they are still for sale here in a few months.  But for now I have too many irons in the fire already.  LOL

Yeah...I"ve got TWO coming....breaking my 'iron clad' rule of being 'dumb' from butterfly lab days ...

you can call the old ASIC miner Legendary on here...but you can't take the 'optimistic kool aid drinking newbie away'

er....backslid... I mean July 2018 ..I got to be out of my frigging mind Sad

hope this works out

On the other hand, I scratch my head and think about getting more as well

Going for the EPIC win or EPIC fail on such a bet.....

the music below on what I feel like when I try to decide on an ASIC machine purchases

hell, the lyrics even work...'given me a number (pre-order #) and taken away my name....ARGGGGHHH... ASIC makers the next "Smersh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdC9P58hJT8

Just gonna have to get used to taking 'risks' or the IRS is gonna get way too much $$ this year

silly hobby

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
superskillz

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:12:47 PM

I honestly think if they hold on the sales will pick up because time will erase some of the concerns.  I am considering picking one of these up if they are still for sale here in a few months.  But for now I have too many irons in the fire already.  LOL

Yeah...I"ve got TWO coming....breaking my 'iron clad' rule of being 'dumb' from butterfly lab days ...

you can call the old ASIC miner Legendary on here...but you can't take the 'optimistic kool aid drinking newbie away'

hope this works out

the music below on what I feel like when I try to decide on an ASIC machine purchases

hell, the lyrics even work...'given me a number (pre-order #) and taken away my name....ARGGGGHHH... ASIC makers the next "Smersh"

Just gonna have to get used to taking 'risks' or the IRS is gonna get way too much $$ this year

silly hobby

I am either going to the Siamoon or down with you! Let's do it!

cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:52:28 PM

hope this works out

silly hobby

You should try this one instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY
I'm always dancing through the ASIC orders with this song on repeat! haha Cheesy
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:59:21 PM

hope this works out

silly hobby

You should try this one instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qQ1SKNlgY
I'm always dancing through the ASIC orders with this song on repeat! haha Cheesy

Great! Sad

This thread is full of future ASIC Anonymous Members..( I have a problem...I pre-order ASIC units 1 year in advance)....so more of us to go...running amuck thru this thread to. and co-enable me and my kool-aid drinking ASIC miner pre-order/unicorn riding...ASIC addiction..and 'taint' newbies to the fold.....sheesh

the kool-aid drinking is fierce in this thread Smiley

mining was supposed to be a 'silly harmless hobby' when I started in 2013...

so here we go...wind up the unicorn and charge into 2018 (I got to be out of my frigging mind)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ekrififi (OP)

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:14:15 PM

Waiting's the hardest part...
https://youtu.be/-KJPP7GkuPU

But I'm still wishin' and hopin'
https://youtu.be/vbAoOeXC2Sg

Because mining's in my veins...
https://youtu.be/g0iZz3pkccw

kenrom

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:50:06 PM

it is good to see you guys have faith in this coin..lol whereby other ppl have given up....I too will buy @least one miner and just hope the value of SIA goes up...i will be very happy

i can already see myself paint my future home office with a painting saying

"Powered by SIA" lol #hopefullythinking
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:58:08 PM

I can't decide if I should order one or not.  It worries me that only 1350 have presold.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
kenrom

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:07:18 PM

I can't decide if I should order one or not.  It worries me that only 1350 have presold.

cause ppl don't have faith in the coin....that is all
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:12:41 PM

That doesn't really help my concerns at all.  I like the coin, but the development team seems to have issues, will this coin even be around by July of next year?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:32:55 PM

Honestly I don't think it is as much faith in the coin as the lead times before you would get the miner.  We don't know what will happen from one day to the next, and scream bloody murder when someone wants to do a pre-order 2 or 3 months out in advance.  This miner is a year in advance. 

The story would be very different right now if they were talking about Sept/October ship date.  People would still be complaining, but they would be putting their money on the table.  If it were a faith in the coin issue it wouldn't matter if they were shipping today, people wouldn't buy it.  I think people want to buy an Obelisk.  The timeline is too long at the moment for most people.

I will probably try to snag one of these if they are still available when I have the funds. 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:30:06 PM

That doesn't really help my concerns at all.  I like the coin, but the development team seems to have issues, will this coin even be around by July of next year?

I was told these miners will only do blake2b is it? Not blake2 coins?

So could blake2b coins be invented? Or is that impossible and I just looped
into making a siacoin doppelgänger instead, defeating the whole concept?

(Ouch, sprained my brain)

ekrififi (OP)

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:38:07 AM

I can't decide if I should order one or not.  It worries me that only 1350 have presold.

That doesn't really help my concerns at all.  I like the coin, but the development team seems to have issues, will this coin even be around by July of next year?

I was told these miners will only do blake2b is it? Not blake2 coins?

So could blake2b coins be invented? Or is that impossible and I just looped
into making a siacoin doppelgänger instead, defeating the whole concept?

(Ouch, sprained my brain)

I don't know all (/any) of the details, but there WAS a coin a few years ago called OCTANE that used Blake2b. Skunk coin, inactive dev. team, never made it onto an exchange.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1100713.160

BUT it does show that it's possible... and these ASICs COULD bring about a lot more attention to the algo... If IIIIIII were to attempt to release a coin right now, I'd definitely make it Blake2b on the expectation of these SC1 ASICs. I figure I'd have at least a 1,000 miners looking for a coin like mine... especially if I could make it an auxiliary coin capable of merge mining.
dazbog835

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:21:36 PM

So, is this a good investment?
rsup

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:09:54 PM

So, is this a good investment?

No one knows how the market will be in 1 yr
dazbog835

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:20:32 PM

No one knows how the market will be in 1 yr
that is true. they do seem like a well managed and professional team though.

it might be a very good investment, if the market is still in a boom...

if I understood correctly, they will keep selling SC1's until they fill the 4000 order? so I could still wait a couple of months? or will they suddenly close the order book?
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:42:11 PM

Who knows man, a lot can happen in a year. We'll see x number of turmoils like this.

I decided not to buy it personally, I'd rather put 1 btc now and hodl 300k sia.
Actually I bought millions back when it was 10 satoshis, but sold it. Cheesy

_
lentyna

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:28:03 PM

Who knows man, a lot can happen in a year. We'll see x number of turmoils like this.

That's what I did, just bought 200k SC, decided to hold it until these miners come out.

dazbog835

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:20:13 PM

that does seem like a good way to go about it, but still, I really like the idea of a passive income from mining...
newtybar

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:09:20 PM

that does seem like a good way to go about it, but still, I really like the idea of a passive income from mining...

And expense/depreciation of equipment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: