Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:22:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 254 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] MONETHA - Decentralised reputation with built-in payments  (Read 187428 times)
rajatjain

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:47:31 AM

How come MTH went too low? Did some whales bough it with very low price (or for FREE)?

I think Monetha was overhyped. That's the reason for the steady downtrend of MTH tokens.  The team hasn't been able to walk the talk ever since.  Glad I sold my holdings when I did.

I completely agree.  They did a great job as markerters by connecting with media / PR, branding, videos, advisory announcements, etc.

But those who didn't examine closely missed that they had delays in commitments around bounty information, no information on max caps or ICO details, a proof of concept (not live MVP), no technical team, etc.

Investors needed more execution / results and less marketing...  ie. More action and less talk

I agree with some part of your statement. Not having a cfo did hurt them and especially when they told that they are looking for it and spent the most time in conferences. However, i just think people's were expecting for the hype to deliver too soon and that is not how software development process works. In well established dev firms it takes upto 6 to 12 months to deliver a product and with agile methodology you can somehow see the sprints in action.
When its a startup like monetha you need to change multiple things back and forth, work with , the resources you have, work on weekends and ensure no one is overburdened with the work. I believe we can start to question monetha in Q2 since that is the time they should be really coming ahead with their product and giving the investors the moon they deserve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 04:06:37 AM

How come MTH went too low? Did some whales bough it with very low price (or for FREE)?

I think Monetha was overhyped. That's the reason for the steady downtrend of MTH tokens.  The team hasn't been able to walk the talk ever since.  Glad I sold my holdings when I did.

I completely agree.  They did a great job as markerters by connecting with media / PR, branding, videos, advisory announcements, etc.

But those who didn't examine closely missed that they had delays in commitments around bounty information, no information on max caps or ICO details, a proof of concept (not live MVP), no technical team, etc.

Investors needed more execution / results and less marketing...  ie. More action and less talk

I agree with some part of your statement. Not having a cfo did hurt them and especially when they told that they are looking for it and spent the most time in conferences. However, i just think people's were expecting for the hype to deliver too soon and that is not how software development process works. In well established dev firms it takes upto 6 to 12 months to deliver a product and with agile methodology you can somehow see the sprints in action.
When its a startup like monetha you need to change multiple things back and forth, work with , the resources you have, work on weekends and ensure no one is overburdened with the work. I believe we can start to question monetha in Q2 since that is the time they should be really coming ahead with their product and giving the investors the moon they deserve.

I'm in software development so I understand and agree with your assessment in some regards.  But at the same time, I understand how much is required in building a real MVP and acquiring customers.  There's no way a company of this stage and limited progress should have been given $37M.
rajatjain

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:42:02 AM

I'm in software development so I understand and agree with your assessment in some regards.  But at the same time, I understand how much is required in building a real MVP and acquiring customers.  There's no way a company of this stage and limited progress should have been given $37M.

Monetha has done a great job in acquiring some good people with kellogg fairbanks and eric druprat. The money they are burning in sponsoring is what bothers me a little and i know they have their own reasons. When you arr a startup you try to spend everything for a kickass product and then the marketing behind it. Like the ico phase monetha would have benefitted from such approach.

Cymatoxa

Activity: 378
Merit: 121

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:20:12 AM

And what you doing before that? What had you not team has been assembled to ICO?

shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:56:24 AM

Yeah investors confidence is definitely rebuilding; probably the token price was punished enough and now there's not anymore expectation of a fast development. Let's see what happens in the next months; as I said previously, would they manage to hire a notable programmer and finalize duprat's contract that would make a very solid team.

The investors' confidence suffered in general a lot of from this pump and dump BTC Cash stuff. It's really hard to judge the market at all right because it's completely unpredictable. Even more important that projects like MTH stick to their plans and deliver as promised.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
gnomas

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:54:07 PM

It seems that everyone joined the hype around Monetha and somehow expected a miracle and continuous token price rise after ICO Crowdsale. However Monetha ICO  Timeline clearly states that first e-commerce payment gateway solution coming in early 2018. If they will not be able to provide that product at promised time then I will be concerned. But if they will deliver that product then coin price will rise very fast.     
Eflatun

Activity: 504
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:51:01 PM

0.00001200  MTH/BTC is collecting power around. You should wait for the increase.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:49:14 PM

Calm down and buy a lot of MTH because I am sure this project will have many updates in the future and in my country they are talking about MTH a lot, if it is pumped in the future I will keep MTH to the end 2017

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Poblano

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:07:10 PM

Adding a great developer!!  The team is taking very good decisions...  Great times will come for Monetha investors at end 2017-early 2018.
CryptoGorilla

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 06:14:59 PM

Calm down and buy a lot of MTH because I am sure this project will have many updates in the future and in my country they are talking about MTH a lot, if it is pumped in the future I will keep MTH to the end 2017

What do you mean? Are they in the news in Lithuania?

Join the Oyster Revolution!
Oyster enables anonymous file storage and traffic monetization.
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:25:53 PM

Good to see a new experienced programmer joining Monetha.
I was waiting for the price to go lower than this but with the segwit 2x cancelled it might not drop anymore.. I'll wait just for some more couple of sats until this bitcoin vs bitcoin cash matter (which seem to suck money out of alts) will finish.

mehar_gee

Activity: 504
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:13:32 PM

Yeah investors confidence is definitely rebuilding; probably the token price was punished enough and now there's not anymore expectation of a fast development. Let's see what happens in the next months; as I said previously, would they manage to hire a notable programmer and finalize duprat's contract that would make a very solid team.
yes i am seeing that confidence of investor are rebuilding and they start to take interest in monetha
i am also very positive about this project now
few days ago it looks like monetha are going to die but its not
i think it is just a start and monetha will hire some good and active staff to work on this project
i hope in the end of 2018 monetha team will make monetha project and their team solid and then price value will be skyrocket in the market
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:21:12 PM

yes i am seeing that confidence of investor are rebuilding and they start to take interest in monetha
i think it is just a start and monetha will hire some good and active staff to work on this project
i hope in the end of 2018 monetha team will make monetha project and their team solid and then price value will be skyrocket in the market

True; the recent price drop seems to be due to this bitcoin cash shitstorm.
Monetha has been quite unlucky in terms of timing - China FUD first, then bitcoin forks and now this.
Now let's see what the future will bring.
Team, I look forward for a Q&A interview with Koniajev.

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:27:42 PM

Monetha has been quite unlucky in terms of timing - China FUD first, then bitcoin forks and now this.

I had to say you are right about the timing, worst possible when Monetha had ICO ethereum was expensive, then all this bad news that impact price. But still, I follow few ICO's and only monetha is that low below ICO price, no other project dive that bad in value. I am really happy I decided not buy more MTH until the first milestone is complete, and focus more on other good projects in the meantime. Diversity is a must in ICO and so far investing in BTC could be a lot better.
Coinve.st

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

Coin ● https://coindefi.org

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 11:37:12 PM

People that think that the huge price declines have been contributed to rebalancing to BTC or BCH are fooling themselves. MTH was dropping before this started due to lack of development progress and discovery that Monetha is essentially starting this business from scratch. Marketing created the hype but there was no substance behind the smoke and mirrors.
Atiilaa

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:13:19 AM

People that think that the huge price declines have been contributed to rebalancing to BTC or BCH are fooling themselves. MTH was dropping before this started due to lack of development progress and discovery that Monetha is essentially starting this business from scratch. Marketing created the hype but there was no substance behind the smoke and mirrors.

very true.
its monetha's fault
we payed money on the idea's . not on the progress
eric duprat and kellog was never in the team.
Justfag is lier youtube vlogger
rajatjain

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:34:16 AM

very true.
its monetha's fault
we payed money on the idea's . not on the progress
eric duprat and kellog was never in the team.
Justfag is lier youtube vlogger

I dont see how just 2-3 months time ask for progress. It is a time consuming process and many decisions are takrn while you go along the road. Atleast be happy that monetha have the required funds to hire the good ones and they will finish their product. 9 out of 10 icos dont have a product and finish off somewhere soon after. With this team, the product will come nevertheless and the price would be high even it is still 6 months but it will do.

kosaet
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:25:31 PM

Dont know if its overhyped or not... but team needs to deliver it quickly else will lose the race to become a best built in payments
shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:58:50 PM

Dont know if its overhyped or not... but team needs to deliver it quickly else will lose the race to become a best built in payments

I would even agree with the opinion that MTH was overhyped. How could it be different with a project that in the first place has no working product but only a huge vision. Same with all the high tech space stuff from Silicon Valley. Has any passenger been successfully shot to the moon yet? No, but these companies are multi billion dollar businesses nonetheless. There is surely some hype involved, but anyone should know that in advance when investing in a company without a working product. How else should it be?

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Monetha.io

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

Check out what was going on recently at Monetha’s Software Development Headquarters and other upcoming news!
https://youtu.be/HDLpOXpyhiE

▬▬▬▬▬▬ MONETHADecentralised Trust and Reputation with Built-In PaymentsMONETHA ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 254 »
  Print  

Jump to: