Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 06:26:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 254 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] MONETHA - Decentralised reputation with built-in payments  (Read 187433 times)
Monetha.io

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:37:14 PM

For those who want an easily digestible information of the progress that we are making: a weekly vlog that is becoming a tradition - a review of Monetha's week. Number two! https://youtu.be/kmNXgy74rps

▬▬▬▬▬▬ MONETHADecentralised Trust and Reputation with Built-In PaymentsMONETHA ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 03:44:38 PM

By popular demand - here comes another blog!
This time - DTRS (Decentralised Trust and Reputation) !
Find out more:
https://medium.com/@monetha/people-ask-me-what-is-your-main-strength-cf72c6fd2754

▬▬▬▬▬▬ MONETHADecentralised Trust and Reputation with Built-In PaymentsMONETHA ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kanel

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:57:25 PM

By popular demand - here comes another blog!
This time - DTRS (Decentralised Trust and Reputation) !
Find out more:
https://medium.com/@monetha/people-ask-me-what-is-your-main-strength-cf72c6fd2754

Great post dev.. Uses cases makes more easy to understand this project and especially how decentralised reputation can help commerce. Looking forward for start ICO. Sad it is still long time to wait. Will follow. Good luck.
Racketo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:26:26 PM

This is my top pick ICO. Not a lot of reputable ones left tbh.
Where do you plan to run operations from?
Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:43:30 AM

This is my top pick ICO. Not a lot of reputable ones left tbh.
Where do you plan to run operations from?

Thanks @Racketo! We are now based in Vilnius. We are considering moving to Singapore because of its extremely good environment for Fintech companies and relatively big Ethereum community. Moreover, Singapore has a great connection to one of the greatest potential region for mobile payments - Asia.

shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:33:50 PM

nice project for banking word, i think this project gonna viral, truly.  Because of people will wants to do low cost money transfer. Its being good.
tazmantasik

Activity: 1113
Merit: 507

Don't Get Involved

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:56:05 PM

Good project, I've submitted newsletter for new information from you  Smiley

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:40:41 PM

Hi sir, any news about bounty.

The same question. You promised to launch bounty very soon, but still nothing...

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:58:38 PM

Hi sir, any news about bounty.

The same question. You promised to launch bounty very soon, but still nothing...

@Waseemrid and @andrejka we are very exited to see that you are waiting for the launch of the bounty program. As said before, we will launch it very soon. Most probably at the end of this week or at the beginning-mid of next week. We are focusing and woking on releasing an MVP. Stay tuned!

Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:59:57 PM

Good project, I've submitted newsletter for new information from you  Smiley

Thanks for the compliment and interest @tazmantasik! We will release some big news very soon.

Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 04:11:14 PM

BIG NEWS for Monetha today!

We released our MVP and you can already test it out. More info: https://youtu.be/FAjZFcx3qZw

If you have any questions about our plugin - feel free to ask!

danystatic

Activity: 235

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:24:48 PM

1. "Monetha" will have single step and one fee only: a transaction fee of 1.5%.

2. MILESTONE #2
Full e-commerce solution + exchange to FIAT currency (EUR 1,7M/Mid 2018)
Accept Ethereum tokens, and enable merchants to exchange Ethereum tokens to their local currency and transfer funds to their preferred account. Smart contract wallet, real-time analytics, and a dashboard for merchants.

May I ask any insight into how is the Monetha team planning to exchange into FIAT , under what poor conversion rate?

In my professional opinion this is not fully possible.

Specially when all this is handled with a 1.5% fee (which includes some profit in case of success, but not enough to cover the FIAT exchange rates!!)

Seems mathematically doomed, this could be a dream come true, or a very ingenious path I can not see, or total bs.

I can´t see how this guys can deliver on their promise (Except with a very poor Exchange rate)

And what kind of legal advice would they bring to local markets they are aiming for which are regulated by law.

Or is this a more underground solution?

I´m quite interested and also very skeptical.

Example.

Amount of money after a $10 dollar transaction. $9.85.... <<<-----  LOL    ...... why not 9.90? LOL

How can you accomplish that? Which fees are not covered?  
hmmm maybe its $9.85 in Ethereum, minus amount that the exchange will take for converting Ether to USD.  
Probably as $0.60~0.99 cents? (ether to fiat is not cheap,)
so after $10 amount in Ether
you would get $8.85 amount in usd or even less.
Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 07:02:55 PM

1. "Monetha" will have single step and one fee only: a transaction fee of 1.5%.

2. MILESTONE #2
Full e-commerce solution + exchange to FIAT currency (EUR 1,7M/Mid 2018)
Accept Ethereum tokens, and enable merchants to exchange Ethereum tokens to their local currency and transfer funds to their preferred account. Smart contract wallet, real-time analytics, and a dashboard for merchants.

May I ask any insight into how is the Monetha team planning to exchange into FIAT , under what poor conversion rate?

In my professional opinion this is not fully possible.

Specially when all this is handled with a 1.5% fee (which includes some profit in case of success, but not enough to cover the FIAT exchange rates!!)

Seems mathematically doomed, this could be a dream come true, or a very ingenious path I can not see, or total bs.

I can´t see how this guys can deliver on their promise (Except with a very poor Exchange rate)

And what kind of legal advice would they bring to local markets they are aiming for which are regulated by law.

Or is this a more underground solution?

I´m quite interested and also very skeptical.

Example.

Amount of money after a $10 dollar transaction. $9.85.... <<<-----  LOL    ...... why not 9.90? LOL

How can you accomplish that? Which fees are not covered?  
hmmm maybe its $9.85 in Ethereum, minus amount that the exchange will take for converting Ether to USD.  
Probably as $0.60~0.99 cents? (ether to fiat is not cheap,)
so after $10 amount in Ether
you would get $8.85 amount in usd or even less.

Hello @danystatic! Thanks for the very good questions.

Here are our answers:

1. First of all, Monetha will integrate with cryptocurrency exchanges to enable merchants to exchange crypto to FIAT (government backed currencies) seamlessly. For example Kraken.

2. 1.5% commission fee that Merchant pays for Monetha's payments processing and Decentralised Trust and Reputation System does include an exchange rate.  

And the reason is: in the payments industry, there is no standard of having an exchange rate included into the payment processing. Exchanging to a different currency is a merchant's prerogative and no one enforces it.
PayPal and other major payment processing companies do not include an exchange rate into its transaction fee. For example not only does PayPal take 2.9%-4,4% (depending on a country) + $0.3 transaction fee from the merchant, but also exchanges the currency with a bigger rate than the standard.

All of the currency exchange is being done for a separate fee. For example, VISA not only has a separate exchange rate fee (which is usually bigger than a regular exchange rate fee) but also a Dynamic Currency Conversion fee (which is normally around extra 2%) and sometimes even a foreign transaction fee (1%-5%, usually 3%) if the payment was processed abroad.

Moreover, your currency exchange is always an optional thing. You cannot and should not include it into the transaction fee.

3. Regarding the fees paid by the merchant:

For example, here is the fee schedule for one of the most popular crypto exchanges - Kraken: https://www.kraken.com/en-us/help/fees.
If you are a merchant in Europe, the highest transaction fee that you will pay using Monetha is 0.26% when the volume is lower than 50.000. To withdraw euros via SEPA you will pay EUR 0.09.

So, if we are taking the example you provided and if merchant is in Europe and receives Ethereum based cryptocurrency and exchanges it to euros it would go like this: 10 - (10*0,015) - (10*0,0026) = 10 - 0.15 - 0,026 = EUR 9,824

We also acknowledge the fact, that in other cases and other countries the exchange rate might be higher.

But, you have to remember that the merchant does not only pay a transaction fee when accepting payments with traditional payment gateways. There are bunch of other fees that merchants have to pay, such as:

● Retrieval Request Fees and Chargeback Fees are paid when someone claims for a chargeback. The best-known payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe charge merchants a USD 15 chargeback fee.
● Flat fees that include: Terminal fees to buy the needed terminal for retail merchants, PCI fees paid to Payment Card industry for compliance OR noncompliance
● Annual fees, Monthly fees, Monthly minimum fees, IRS reporting fees, network fees, etc.
● Incidental fees that consist of: Address Verification Service (AVS), Voice Authorization Fee (VAF), Batch Fee, and NFS fee.
● Marketplace fees for Alibaba, Amazon, etc for "providing and facilitating" the trust system. Think about his use case: if you are a small merchant in China, the only way to sell goods to the global world and be trusted at the same time is to join the Alibaba. You won't need to pay a fee for a payment gateway, but Alibaba will charge you a pack of other high fees.

When combined, it calculates to a high amount of money that the merchant has to pay per year for a payment processing.

4. Regarding the business model:

As we do not include an exchange rate, here is the situation:

Monetha will charge a 1.5% transaction fee from merchants. Of that, 0.5% will go to a smart contract for the Monetha token holders and other 1% will go to the company as revenues. An interesting fact is that the average traditional payment gateways take approximately only 0.25% + 0.1 from the total fee as their revenue. This 0.25% + 0.1 is a markup fee to the interchange rates.
For example, if the total transaction fee that merchant is charged is 2.9% + $0.3, the 2.65%+ $0.2 is the interchange part that banks, credit card associations and others are dividing and 0.25% + $0.1 is the markup part, which payment gateways take home as a revenue.
Having this in mind, we have almost four times the rate to do business with as compared with what an average global payment gateway takes per transaction as their revenues.

Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 03:03:24 AM

In the meantime, we got covered but Bitcoin.com and Cointelegraph!

https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/monetha-wants-to-challenges-paypals-and-trustpilots-status-quo-with-the-ethereum-blockchain
https://news.bitcoin.com/pr-monetha-challenges-paypals-trustpilots-status-quo-ethereum-blockchain/

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:10:38 AM

Interesting, will follow.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 03:54:44 PM

Our latest blog post on the philosophy and principals of product development.

https://medium.com/@monetha/the-philosophy-of-how-my-creators-are-going-to-develop-monetha-88c055ac160f

Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 05:53:16 PM

Great to be featured at a Swiss media "BitcoinCafe.ch"

https://www.bitcoincafe.ch/2017/07/14/monetha-wants-challenges-paypals-trustpilots-status-quo-ethereum-blockchain/

Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 04:31:22 PM

For long reading enthusiasts. For geeks. For those who are anxiously waiting for the future and want to be a part of it. For those just like me.
The world famous Boston Consulting Group and Google research paper on how digital payments will look like in 2020 in one of the biggest markets in the world - India.

http://image-src.bcg.com/BCG_COM/BCG-Google%20Digital%20Payments%202020-July%202016_tcm21-39245.pdf

Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 05:11:04 PM

As in every week, I have a video blog about my progress. This time - with a HUGE announcement about a new addition to my team!

https://youtu.be/vZMICs2jr8c

Monetha.io

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 10:52:15 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 10:17:59 PM by mprep

We got covered but CryptoCoinNews!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com

Monetha co-founder Justas has given an hour long interview about my story - a gift the hardcore Monetha fans.
Enjoy this Blockchain Video Series podcast!

https://youtu.be/mNuc3zi2LHU

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 254 »
  Print  

Jump to: