Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:26:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] rxOC easy-to-use Linux AMD Mining v_stopgap  (Read 31340 times)
tgacomp

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:55:09 PM

Can you set individual OC for different cards?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bigf00t

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:11:50 AM

Is it possible to set a resolution for Teamviewer, when there is no monitor connected to the rig? Because now I get a very low resolution.

I already looked here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution, but I am still a Linux beginner.

What do I have to do when I want to set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 for example?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:45:15 AM

Is it possible to set a resolution for Teamviewer, when there is no monitor connected to the rig? Because now I get a very low resolution.

I already looked here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolution, but I am still a Linux beginner.

What do I have to do when I want to set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 for example?

To have a high resolution team viewer either; leaver a monitor connected to the primary GPU or attach a dummy plug to the primary GPU.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:46:24 AM

Currently no; rxOC does not support individual OC: mostly because the AMD API is shite.  I am now working on a new rxOC version.
stef_stef

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:44:03 PM

Any plans to implement the blockchain driver from AMD?
tgacomp

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:19:08 AM

Currently no; rxOC does not support individual OC: mostly because the AMD API is shite.  I am now working on a new rxOC version.
Thanks for your reply.

Is the overclocking in the rxOC oneBash file a level i.e. 1-10 rather than MHz as in the nvOC?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Yes, I will use this driver for the next version.
stef_stef

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:24:30 PM

Any estimates on when the next version is coming out? Smiley
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:28:13 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Is the overclocking in the rxOC oneBash file a level i.e. 1-10 rather than MHz as in the nvOC?

It is technically in percent:

OVERDRIVE_PERCENT

Although it is further complicated by the clocks having distinct ( levels ) which are essentially static clock speeds which can be selected.  Why AMD didn't use a standard offset as Nvidia does and previous AMD drivers did; I have no idea.  AMD has announced they are making a new mining optimized driver and api; at this point I would only make an AMD rig if someone offered to sell me GPUs at significantly discounted rates.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:32:36 PM

Any estimates on when the next version is coming out? Smiley

This is the next thing to do on my list after building out some hardware.  I will start working on it in earnest this weekend; although I am not sure when it will be done.
tgacomp

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:29:22 AM

I tried running rxoc but I get a scrolling error, its hard to read but looks like error PCIe

Running an ASUS Prime H270-Plus, 8Gb RAM 4x RX470/ RX570. Have tried flashing the BIOS, enabling Above 4Gb decoding and setting PCIe to Gen 2.
Anything else I can try?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:52:49 PM

I tried running rxoc but I get a scrolling error, its hard to read but looks like error PCIe

Running an ASUS Prime H270-Plus, 8Gb RAM 4x RX470/ RX570. Have tried flashing the BIOS, enabling Above 4Gb decoding and setting PCIe to Gen 2.
Anything else I can try?

If you try booting with a single gpu direct in the primary pcie slot; does the OS boot properly?
tgacomp

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:58:45 AM

Anything else I can try?

If you try booting with a single gpu direct in the primary pcie slot; does the OS boot properly?

Yes it worked with one card. I am wondering if it doesn't like the mix of different cards rx470 / 570s
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:38:51 PM

Anything else I can try?

Yes it worked with one card. I am wondering if it doesn't like the mix of different cards rx470 / 570s

Maybe; I would try with the 4x 470s and see if it still works.
kusuma

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:25:11 PM

Hello FullZero and all,
Thank you for this great rxOC v12, has been using it for two weeks with biostar tb250-btc pro 12pcie(but only 6 rx570 attached). Until today, I add another 6 rx570, it wont boot into my terminal, while I have enable 6+ gpu in bios, have set tolud to 3.5g, tried legacy/uefi combinations for storage and graphic in bios boot, still no luck today, the furthest I can go is until a message box pops telling me "the system is running in low graphics mode"(but I plug my hdmi into the same main gpu n monitor), if I click OK, it leads me to several options,
1, try running with default graphical mode
2, reconfigure graphics
3,trouble shoot the error
4, exit to console login
 but I was unable to choose other options except the first one, which brings me back to "the system is running in low graphics mode".... if I move to console 2, I could login to cli, and able to start claymore manually with 12 gpus working.

I am lost now, switching back to 6gpu, and everything is working perfectly.

Somebody please enlighten me to let all 12gpus working.

Thank you in advance
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:06:48 PM

Hello FullZero and all,
Thank you for this great rxOC v12, has been using it for two weeks with biostar tb250-btc pro 12pcie(but only 6 rx570 attached). Until today, I add another 6 rx570, it wont boot into my terminal, while I have enable 6+ gpu in bios, have set tolud to 3.5g, tried legacy/uefi combinations for storage and graphic in bios boot, still no luck today, the furthest I can go is until a message box pops telling me "the system is running in low graphics mode"(but I plug my hdmi into the same main gpu n monitor), if I click OK, it leads me to several options,
2, reconfigure graphics
4, exit to console login
 but I was unable to choose other options except the first one, which brings me back to "the system is running in low graphics mode".... if I move to console 2, I could login to cli, and able to start claymore manually with 12 gpus working.

Thank you in advance

I have had a similar experience using 6x proDuo (although this begins to happen when more than 3x proDuo are used)  I will look into this more for v0013; for now what I am doing is starting the mining process via ssh on this rig, which is essentially the same as starting it manually from console mode, but easier as it doesn't require me to attach a monitor / keyboard / mouse to the rig.

I noted the ip for the rig, then on another computer; I use the terminal cmd:

Code:
ssh m1@the_rigs_ip_here

and press enter, then type yes (if it is the first time I am accessing the rig via ssh), then I enter miner1 as the password (unless you have changed it)

then I enter the cmd:

Code:
bash 2unix

this launches the OC, then mining process.

kusuma

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:41:52 PM

Hello FullZero and all,
2, reconfigure graphics
4, exit to console login

Thank you in advance

I have had a similar experience using 6x proDuo (although this begins to happen when more than 3x proDuo are used)  I will look into this more for v0013; for now what I am doing is starting the mining process via ssh on this rig, which is essentially the same as starting it manually from console mode, but easier as it doesn't require me to attach a monitor / keyboard / mouse to the rig.

Code:
ssh m1@the_rigs_ip_here

and press enter, then type yes (if it is the first time I am accessing the rig via ssh), then I enter miner1 as the password (unless you have changed it)

then I enter the cmd:

Code:
bash 2unix

Thank you so much for your reply, will give it a try tomorrow.
Waiting for the better v013.
Hostels

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:27:29 PM

Hi guys! This system have DAG FIX?  I very happy of NVOS on P106 mining =)
Now want RXOS for RX580 =)
Thanks!
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:09:40 PM

Hello FullZero and all,
2, reconfigure graphics
4, exit to console login

Thank you in advance

Code:
ssh m1@the_rigs_ip_here

then I enter the cmd:

Code:
bash 2unix

Thank you so much for your reply, will give it a try tomorrow.
Waiting for the better v013.

Looking at this I just realized it will not work without modifications.  I have been making the following modifications to rxOC before doing the above:

copying oneBash to the /home/m1 directory

then changing the line in 2unix to launch the oneBash located in the home directory rather than the windows partition:
Code:
bash '/home/m1/oneBash'

After making these changes you can ssh in as explained above and launch the OC + mining process using either:
Code:
bash 2unix

or
Code:
bash oneBash
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:10:22 PM

Hi guys! This system have DAG FIX?  I very happy of NVOS on P106 mining =)
Now want RXOS for RX580 =)
Thanks!

I will update the driver for the v0013
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: