Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:03:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin  (Read 15365 times)
ximply

Activity: 350
Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 01:11:06 AM

11/25/2015 i managed to buy Bitcoin at $298 but its my mistake that i was not able to buy more. Now the price is at 2,500 and im buying more now. What an silly decision then. Fo who know two years from now again and the price will shoot up again.
Well nobody could imagine that bitcoin will be so succesfull Smiley now we are clear of that so invest in bitcoin is the best way to gain money Smiley

Two years ago i could have bought 70 Bitcoin but now i cant even buy 10 Bitcoin for the same amount of money. Sad But i will try to buy during deep and will accumulate a few. I just bought Bitcoin awhile ago. And will continue to do that until before August 1.
systemv

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

StuffGoGo Developer

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 01:17:09 AM

Best and most convenient investment ever. No stupid realtors and then maintenance, no greedy money managers, no nickel-and-dime-ing banks...

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 01:37:37 AM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

It's still profitable to invest in Bitcoin right now and the coming segwith is a way to make transactions faster and hopefully lower, right now bitcoin is  portfolio based but there's still a lot of sites and offline stores that accept bitcoin once the transaction is fix bitcoin's price will be bigger and profitable

nexttime

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:14:13 AM

We decided to invest in bitcoin for many reasons. At least, it is a new, not taxable currency. Invest in btc investing in our future and more. This is very significant for some countries whose currencies are falling sharply.
ratoe

Activity: 161

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 04:22:47 AM

This is a good analyst about bitcoin from Wences Casares, CEO of Xapo

"I assume that there’s a 20% chance that Bitcoin fails towards zero. I assume that there is a 50% or slightly higher than 50% chance that Bitcoin succeeds in being mainstream in the digital world, in which case, there will be as many users as there are of Whatsapp today, and to do that, you need Bitcoin to be worth $1 million per Bitcoin. And that’s 2,000 times what it’s worth today. And there is about a 30% chance that Bitcoin succeeds in some niche use case where it doesn’t disappear, but it’s not broadly used, and therefore the price is not $0 and it’s not $1 million.”

Maybe good for your reference..
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:21:16 AM

Bitcoin if probably a good investment for us. It is non taxable and no one controls it. You have the power over your investments. You can buy or sell whenever you want. Living proof that bitcoin is a good investment is way back years when its cost is very low. Look how high the value of bitcoin is today. There is high probability that your investment will double or triple its price.

For the fees regarding bitcoin transaction, compared to the tax you will get if its under government, consider it low. Hopefully segwit will do something to resolve this.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:06:07 AM

Bitcoin is very famous,and it is good investment for future purpose.we can sell anytime for emergency.bitcoin has low transaction fees.it can send and receive money easily.
junkozane

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:07:52 AM

Bitcoin is good for storing and transaction pupose. So, as of that reason, i invested in bitcoin. We can also spend our bitcoins in necessary times and there are no conditions and restricitons on that. 
EthBooksPro

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 09:17:43 AM

If you are looking to hold for 2-3yrs, the current fees should be the least of your worries. A solution to the high fees will be found sooner or later, and the price will keep rising. So, if you believe in btc and the underlying technology, invest now and forget about it for some time. Might be worth it.

rabbiter

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:07:34 AM

My preference is for the bitcoin when comes to investment as it is new to the world economy. if we invest in bitcoin, we will be benefited in future. only these things making me to keep some money in bitcoin.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:40:38 PM

The fee is just a temporary issue which would be fixed with a successful upgrade.  Moreover, since you will be leaving your btc for long term as an investment for almost 3 years, I see no reason why the fee should be a challenge for you. Just make sure you don't put all your eggs in a basket though.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:40:29 PM

The fee is just a temporary issue which would be fixed with a successful upgrade.  Moreover, since you will be leaving your btc for long term as an investment for almost 3 years, I see no reason why the fee should be a challenge for you. Just make sure you don't put all your eggs in a basket though.

I think this upgrade isn't sufficient on long term. The number of Bitcoin adopters don't stop growing and at some point another upgrade will be needed and all the drama will start again... But for now the news are good, the hardfork probably won't happen and there are some optimistic predictions about BTC price that could increase about 50% in relation with the currently price after August 1.

It's a good idea to invest, but don't to forget the money for 3 years, better to always check how the market is doing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:46:25 PM

If you are looking to hold for 2-3yrs, the current fees should be the least of your worries. A solution to the high fees will be found sooner or later, and the price will keep rising. So, if you believe in btc and the underlying technology, invest now and forget about it for some time. Might be worth it.
Yes. I think it will be resolve in few more days months or year. Bitcoin transaction fees is too much big now and we sometimes get mad because of it. I keep on investing because i really believe in bitcoin i know that it can helps me a lot not only now but in the future eventuall. So keep seeking bitcoin.
Seeker01

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:47:03 PM

The reason why i keep on investing here in bitcoin because i believe on it, i know that bitcoin will help me build my future and no doubt this is really a great opportunity for everyone to make more money. the price today are still cheap buy more and enjoy later on.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:00:05 AM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley

Scalability issues will be solved obviously, it just matter of time. People expect bitcoin fees will be normal again according to transaction bytes and suitable for micro transaction in the future, and it may happen if block size increased.
If you willing to hold bitcoin for 2-3 years later, then it won't be a problem as bitcoin should reach another peak over $5000 I guess.
No doubt about it as bitcoin has proven its value increase over time because more people keep coming and support for its development and usability.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:19:58 AM

11/25/2015 i managed to buy Bitcoin at $298 but its my mistake that i was not able to buy more. Now the price is at 2,500 and im buying more now. What an silly decision then. Fo who know two years from now again and the price will shoot up again.
We are on era of revolution digital currencies in the internet, however bitcoins is still new not many people around the world who know and use bitcoins for payment daily or be considered as instrument of investment, so there are chance bitcoin's price will be more expensive than today, even there is prediction bitcoin's price will be $55.000/BTC in ten years later. Today is not too late for buy bitcoins for long time investment.
moviebuff777

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:42:29 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

I think you are right that in the future, bitcoins will only be used for large transactions because of the fees. It apparently doesn't hurt bitcoin right now because the price keeps going up. This leaves small transactions for fiat but it's also possible that an altcoin will become the main coin for small transactions. The question is which altcoin(s) will take that role.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

.████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
              .████████████████████████████████████
gabbie2010

Activity: 2688
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 12:46:57 AM

Well there is a wide speculation that the price of bitcoin will rise in fees years to come prompting me to keep holding little by little, we are all aware of the price few years a go people who held their bitcoin had made tremendous profits. Investing in bitcoin is indeed straight investment without any middle men involved.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:31:58 AM

I witness the tremendous increase in the price of bitcoin for the past years and I regret that I failed to hold some before the price hike...now I tried to invest little by little and hoping that bitcoin value will still continue to grow and hoping to have a good profit
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:36:26 AM

I witness the tremendous increase in the price of bitcoin for the past years and I regret that I failed to hold some before the price hike...now I tried to invest little by little and hoping that bitcoin value will still continue to grow and hoping to have a good profit

You are not alone. Some of us even lost bitcoin along the way. But the important thing is we are still on it. Buying and holding because we truly believes that the price will exponentially rise in the future. And getting little by little is a good strategy to accumulate in time. I'm also a firm believer of this method that's why I'm getting few here and there if a can.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: