Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:14:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin  (Read 15361 times)
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 06:27:40 PM

Investment in bitcoin or crypto currency with your spare money to me is the best option as compared to keeping your money in the bank without any additional intrest on your money. This is because bitcoin or crypto currency is the future in terms of investment. You can equally invest in some other currency that are at the ICO level before the lunch.
Investing in bitcoin is one of the best way to gain more income and money. Furthermore, as of now many people already invest in bitcoin and I think even richest families also invest in bitcoin and some of them are whales because they have a lot of bitcoin. Lastly, I think investing in bitcoin is better than in investing in any properties or shares.

Actually, You are wrong here Bitcoins investing is a risk. We do not what happen next its price can go down in minutes we don't even get a time to sell so we will lose much money.
On the other hand, If we buy some property which is a great investment its price always increases or at least we do not lose our money if it is invested in right property at right time. Bitcoin is actually doing great right now but how long? No one knows!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
channingwilmer

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:31:26 PM

Investment in bitcoin or crypto currency with your spare money to me is the best option as compared to keeping your money in the bank without any additional intrest on your money. This is because bitcoin or crypto currency is the future in terms of investment. You can equally invest in some other currency that are at the ICO level before the lunch.

Yes, I also prefer to use my money to invest instead of letting it not grow in the bank, with us investing in cryptocurency, I think we can benefit and our money will grow.
putting your money in the bank is one of the worst ideas. Your money will never grow. Investing will give you a chance to become a richer person who has a lot of money. Bitcoin has increased its price for 10 times since 2016. Wink

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
Yaramrd

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:39:58 PM

OP if you are so concerned about the high fees maybe a good altcoin is better for you to invest in. Litecoin has already activated Segwit and soon the Lightning Network payment layer will follow. Look into it, maybe it is where you want to invest your money.

In my opinion Bitcoin is the best option for him as he mentioned that he has some money which he thinks he has to reserve for 2/3 years. So buying at this stage and holding it will more profitable investment. As he is concerned about the fee, in future this issue will be resolved as they can not maintain these high fees for long time and when most stores and restaurants will start accepting bitcoin the fees will decrease. 
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:05:46 PM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley
As you mentioned you will use this money after like 2-3 years then investing in Bitcoin is a pretty good decision. I am pretty sure that by that time Bitcoin would easily cross like 6k USD . And Segwit would lower the fees as well as lower the transaction time , with increasing prices of Bitcoin.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:47:53 PM

Yes, I also prefer to use my money to invest instead of letting it not grow in the bank, with us investing in cryptocurency, I think we can benefit and our money will grow.
putting your money in the bank is one of the worst ideas. Your money will never grow. Investing will give you a chance to become a richer person who has a lot of money. Bitcoin has increased its price for 10 times since 2016. Wink
And with Ethereum, it has growth x60 from lowest price in last year until highest price in 2017 ($6 -> ~$400). Still have many ICO project are growth in short time many more like Bitquence, Stratis, Qtum, NEO ...
shursight

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:58:16 PM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Thank you Smiley
Yes. I thought that bitcoin is really an investment. Because upon entering or getting engage amd involved with bitcoin works to earn a living it is already considered as investing. In addition to that, bitcoin can be really considered as an investment because you are putting up your money into it and as a thing of investment, the users or consumers money is growing in just a short period of time more than what he have on his first attemp.

More than an investment i consider it as a way to hold my money and watch it increase every time more.
But yes, bitcoin can be an investment if you play with US currency, cause you bought one bitcoin at $2000 and then cashout at $4000. But if you have btc it would not increase unless you make investments with that.
If your amount of btc increases because of your investments, then it is an investment.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:28:37 AM

Well said brother. I guess the fees are too much but it is not much when it comes to bigger payments. It's all right with buying Burger King burger which cost more than the fees but I guess we can be able to do everything free of cost when more development takes place in the block chain.
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:37:02 PM

The most important reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin is that I do not have enough money. This is not even the most important reason but the only unfortunately.
sam53

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:21:19 PM

Well said brother. I guess the fees are too much but it is not much when it comes to bigger payments. It's all right with buying Burger King burger which cost more than the fees but I guess we can be able to do everything free of cost when more development takes place in the block chain.
If free fees when create transaction in Bitcoin network, after the time reward of Bitcoin decrease, miner will can't earn bitcoin from mining Bitcoin and we can't use Bitcoin if they stop mining.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:31:14 PM

Investing in bitcoin is one of the best way to gain more income and money. Furthermore, as of now many people already invest in bitcoin and I think even richest families also invest in bitcoin and some of them are whales because they have a lot of bitcoin. Lastly, I think investing in bitcoin is better than in investing in any properties or shares.

Actually, You are wrong here Bitcoins investing is a risk. We do not what happen next its price can go down in minutes we don't even get a time to sell so we will lose much money.
On the other hand, If we buy some property which is a great investment its price always increases or at least we do not lose our money if it is invested in right property at right time. Bitcoin is actually doing great right now but how long? No one knows!

You can use whatever kind of justification you want to not make money in bitcoin and not be successful but all it is is just a bunch of excuses to keep yourself from actually putting anything out there. Same thing happened with a lot of people the difference is that most of them don't come on here and tell everyone about it.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:05:06 PM

Well the reason why I keep investing into bitcoin is I believed by 2018 it will reach 13000$, then bitcoin volatility keeps me helping me so much with this matter. And I also believed that bitcoin could give big savings in the future,.
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:08:41 PM

btc will increasing every month
double investing in only 5/6 month

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:37:27 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 08:30:54 PM by The_Dark_Knight

I don't see any way to lower the fees all we can do is adjust in that price because if we even solve it temporarily then also it is gonna give the problem again later and that time it will be much bigger so better do it now. I think if somehow we can do like dividing out fees into many small parts or time. Or we should use altcoins instead of Bitcoin they are extremely fast and extremely low money wastage. but the only problem is the price.
Also that is not really a reason to not invest in bitcoin, if all you are going to do is to hold then who cares about the fees, the fees are a problem for all of those that need to move their bitcoin regularly not for the holders that are not going to move their coins in years.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:43:28 AM

I’ve been studying the bitcoin market for some weeks now and I have to say the market is a very fragile one that has to be handled with both hands(by this I mean handle it with care). The market could come crashing in some weeks and it could also gain, but its rate is too fast and unpredictable.
Dogecoin_Terminal

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:26:41 AM

The fees isn't static and IMO it will self-correct, it's just about how much people are willing to pay to be included in a TX and so, with SegWit and with the change in block sizes most likely incoming, it wouldn't be strange to see the fees falling with the rise in block size and hence the number of TX's in each block.

Also the average fees for a normal 1 input 1 output TX can be as low as 0.0001 or less depending on the time of day, and that's around 40 cents, it's not low but it isn't $3.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:41:14 AM

We need to remember that our ecosystem is still in the early adopter phase,
but now that it seems the scaling debate has been resolved (at least for now) and Bitcoin has survived all the drama (for the most part).
Bitcoin will go mainstream, and we know that BTC supply is fixed - demand is not - as a result, price of BTC will skyrocket in the next years.
Op, I wouldn't worry about tx fees when your profit from buying/holding Bitcoin might be so amazing to compensate for that many times over.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:33:41 PM

Any investment has risks, buying a property has many risks as well, first of all many people buy on credit that means they are betting they are going to keep being healthy, they are going to keep their jobs and that the economy is going to be doing well, and we know there is not a guarantee of that, just look at the 2007 economic crisis.
Celsiuss

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:21:37 PM

The high fee is temporary, it will come and go. Hopefully it will go and never come back one day. Today as I see it, bitcoin is more used as an investment than an actual day to day currency. I believe it would be a good choice investing in bitcoin now. Do whatever you feel like Smiley

who cares
Hiluxury Bitcoin

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:50:53 PM

Hello everybody.

Thank you Smiley

Bitcoin for me is meant to be an investment because the returns of it just for saving is really huge when you compare it to other businesses. If you wanted to spend bitcoin then better spend it in large amount transaction because when you spend it that way, you will not worry so much about the fees.
Bitcoin is a fantastic investment but do not forget that bitcoin more than anything is a currency and as time passes and more people begin to adopt bitcoin, then bitcoin will be able to fulfill its primary function, also segwit activation will help with that since transactions are going to be faster and cheaper.
Bitcoin transaction already got too faster so we can say that we shouldn’t say that bitcoin transaction is a still slow. Because it is now very fast. About bitcoin introduction to people then it has already take an action and boosted in the economy so yes it will become sooner primary function by that everyone will be connected to bitcoin and will use bitcoin instead other currencies.

--------------------Trustdice.win - Fair gaming platform built on blockchain technology--------------------
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:27:09 AM

There is so good reason to keep investing in bitcoin is that the bitcoin prices will compulsory gone up in future and the direct reason is the investment will increase day by day as per bitcoin rate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: