Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies!  (Read 639443 times)
Gliss (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:59:56 PM

Added volume numbers.  I'll get around to adding some new coins soon.  Thanks to all who gave feedback and support over the last few days Smiley  I'm doing my best accommodate everyone's requests.

Hi, I do not know from where you get volumes but look at these values:
http://cryptoranking.com/
It is 100% correct based on Btc-e and Cryptsy. Something is wrong with your counter.

I wasn't considering the USD crosses at BTC-e.  Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.

Suggestion: show Ripple's market cap as the value per XRP multiplied by the total XRP released into circulation.

Bitcoin for example is shown as a current market cap calculated from the 12,180,975 BTC currently in circulation, giving us:

$9,287,262,579 = $762.44 * 12,180,975

However, if one were to follow the logic applied to XRP then the BTC market cap should be shown as the total number of BTC that will ever be in circulation, giving us:

$16,011,240,000 = $762.44 * 21,000,000

And for Litecoin:

$2,013,480,000 = $23.97 * 84,000,000

Therefore at some of its previous prices LTC's market cap would have exceeded Ripple's: the current chart's method of calculation does not account for this.

Although Ripple is centralised so its XRP are not mined but released by a central authority I think this process is functionally similar to that of mining other decentralised cryptographic currencies. Therefore in my opinion Ripple's market cap on the chart should account for the XRP that have been released to be consistent with all the other currencies on the chart.

I understand what you're saying, but that's not marketcap.  At any time, the creators at Ripple can sell or distribute XRP whenever they want, unlike with Bitcoin, no one can sell the unmined coins.  This is what they do with large company IPOs - when they sell shares, usually only a certain percentage is released to the public, but the marketcap is based on the the total amount.  Also there is the logistical problem of figuring out programmatically how many they haven't released yet.  Do you know of a way?

Crypto-currency market cap rankings @ https://coinmarketcap.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sipak

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:22:19 PM

Hi, I find very usefull the BTC button, to have an option of viewing all prices in terms of bitcoin. Right now the "% Change (24h)" column is calculated with respect to USD price. Thus when see prices in USD or I see them in BTC, I see the same number in % change. I think this is not the good way. In BTC price mode the bitcoin % change, should be always 0% and other altcoins % changes should be calculation with respect to bitcoin price. What do you think?
sipak

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:15:52 PM

Added volume numbers.  I'll get around to adding some new coins soon.  Thanks to all who gave feedback and support over the last few days Smiley  I'm doing my best accommodate everyone's requests.

Hi, I do not know from where you get volumes but look at these values:
http://cryptoranking.com/
It is 100% correct based on Btc-e and Cryptsy. Something is wrong with your counter.

I wasn't considering the USD crosses at BTC-e.  Should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.

Suggestion: show Ripple's market cap as the value per XRP multiplied by the total XRP released into circulation.

Bitcoin for example is shown as a current market cap calculated from the 12,180,975 BTC currently in circulation, giving us:

$9,287,262,579 = $762.44 * 12,180,975

However, if one were to follow the logic applied to XRP then the BTC market cap should be shown as the total number of BTC that will ever be in circulation, giving us:

$16,011,240,000 = $762.44 * 21,000,000

And for Litecoin:

$2,013,480,000 = $23.97 * 84,000,000

Therefore at some of its previous prices LTC's market cap would have exceeded Ripple's: the current chart's method of calculation does not account for this.

Although Ripple is centralised so its XRP are not mined but released by a central authority I think this process is functionally similar to that of mining other decentralised cryptographic currencies. Therefore in my opinion Ripple's market cap on the chart should account for the XRP that have been released to be consistent with all the other currencies on the chart.

I understand what you're saying, but that's not marketcap.  At any time, the creators at Ripple can sell or distribute XRP whenever they want, unlike with Bitcoin, no one can sell the unmined coins.  This is what they do with large company IPOs - when they sell shares, usually only a certain percentage is released to the public, but the marketcap is based on the the total amount.  Also there is the logistical problem of figuring out programmatically how many they haven't released yet.  Do you know of a way?

I agree with objection to Ripple market cap. In fact, Ripple doesnt fit to the list of listed virtual currencies at all, since it is all premined. Perphaps more than 99% of XRP (anybody knows the exact number?) have never enter the market. There is no exact way how to assing the value for these XRP because they are held apart for market as creators reserves. The discrepancy can be seen in traded volume. Although XRP is second behind BTC with 1/3.5 of BTC market cap, the volume of XRP traded is 1/500 of BTC (discrepancy of 150x), while LCT is 1/16 of BTC market cap, the traded volume is approximately 1/14 of BTC traded volume. Based on todays volume, effective market cap is more like 5 000 000 USD than 2 600 000 000 USD.

I disagree on comparison of the total number of XRP to the the total shares of company. Usualy company shares aquire the value in line with (future) profit of a company. Value of single share can be speculatively calculated based on (future) P/E model. XRP is more like a currency than a share. There is no profit which can be conected to single XRP, the value of XRP is decided by free market participants who trade and hold XRP according to their needs and views. When one entity holds 99% of all XRPs in reserves it is barely free market and the usual formula for market cap doesnt make sense here.

Better, Ripple Labs should be compared to the FED. They hold 99% of XRP in reserves, while having the power of diluting the currency at will according to their monetary policy - which they surely have as essential part of their bussiness plan.

For me, counting only XRP released to public, would work well, although I think there is no "best market cap" here to measure.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:17:15 PM

remove ripple , Litecoin is the number 2 coin , not some centralized crap coin .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
bibbit

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:20:03 PM

It looks like the Ripple volume is only based on XRP traded against BTC.Bitstamp. There are several other pairs with comparable volume, so XRP seems to be underreported by coinmarketcap (BTC.Bitstamp often has less volume than USD.Bitstamp and CNY.RippleCN).

https://ripplecharts.com/markets shows most of the markets. Several more markets, like XRP/NXT, have developed since ripplecharts.com stopped being updated while v2 of the site is being developed, but the biggest markets are on there.

BTW: Thanks for adding XRP back to the main page!
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:30:39 PM

remove ripple , Litecoin is the number 2 coin , not some centralized crap coin .

dam now see what you have done you have even got yourselves fighting amongst yourselves -  Love you El Dude I've made some money off of LTC -  Quark and LTC will soon be friends -

Everyone knows that CoinmarketCap are in bed with the BTC guys -  @ $1  Quark will be clear 3rd and  the market "psychology" will shift toward the LTC Quark differences -

this will hurt BTC by Proxy - CoinmarketCap had a failed attempt at "Poisoning the Well"  of information so that Quark may never on  (their site at least) sit next to LTC ,  (which has terribly backfired on them)

So El dude if you support LTC you should support the "Venture Capital" Scam attempts to try to make Bitcoin more relevant , by loading "icing" on top of their blockchain - ( to make that cake look nicer) -

I'm saying El Dude , support this because it helps LTC  > they need to confuse the situation so that Quark is not Number 3 then 2 .

but what about if another site that only lists actual Cryptocurrency popped up ? ??

ooopps !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
virtualaddict

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:27:02 PM

Also there is the logistical problem of figuring out programmatically how many they haven't released yet.  Do you know of a way?
What about a simple solution like:

99,999,998,252 XRP*

*Includes total XRP not yet released to the public

I really like the new 24hr volume feature btw.
No_2

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:29:25 PM

This article gives info on the addresses that hold the company's XRP balances:

http://www.thebitcointrader.com/2013/05/ripple-is-now-tsunami.html

You could use those deducted from the total to work out the current XRP in circulation.

Perhaps put a note or "*" next to the ripple total so people can be informed about this process of calculation – Ripple is a closed system so I think it fine to use this method of calculation as long as it's stated on the chart.
Thorgrim

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:59:04 PM

This article gives info on the addresses that hold the company's XRP balances:

http://www.thebitcointrader.com/2013/05/ripple-is-now-tsunami.html

You could use those deducted from the total to work out the current XRP in circulation.

Perhaps put a note or "*" next to the ripple total so people can be informed about this process of calculation – Ripple is a closed system so I think it fine to use this method of calculation as long as it's stated on the chart.

+1

I am starting to think that either Gliss is paid off or is loving all the extra traffic his site is likely getting due to the controversy that has been generated by allowing coins like NXT, XRP, and MSC to unfairly push more legitimate contenders down the list. Head on over to http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/

dzejmsdin

Activity: 355

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:54:53 PM

only http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/ ;-)

▄▄█████████████▄▄
       ▄▄████████████████████
     ▄██  █  ██████████████  ███
   ▄████  █  ████████████   ██████
  ▄█████  █  ██████████   █████████
 ███████  █  ████████   ████████████
▄███████  █  ██████   ██████████████
████████  █  █████   ████████████████
████████  █  ███   █  ███████████████
████████  █  █   █  ██  █████████████
▀███████  █     ████  ██  ███████████
 ███████  █   ████████  ██  ████████
  ▀█████    ████████████  ██  █████
   ▀████  ████████████████  ██████
     ▀██ ███████████████████  ███
       ▀▀████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀████████████▀▀

KURRENT

● GITHUB
● TWITTER
● SLACK
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:50:16 PM

I switched to http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/ , because I don't support scam coins and scam info sites like coinmarketcap.com.

I bet noone cares where u switched to. Smiley
advanced

Activity: 267

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:51:59 PM

I noticed we finally have APIs .

Lovely!

Did you announced it somewhere?  Many coins stil are priced as '0' and for others the price differs from the one you display on the v1 of the website.
Should we wait before using it?

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:52:15 PM

I switched to http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/ , because I don't support scam coins and scam info sites like coinmarketcap.com.
coinmarketcap is and continues to be the most visited site on coin market cap, whether you use it or not.

coins exist and have demand whether you like a particular one or not. you should be grateful that Gliss provides this non-biased resource.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:53:01 PM

bottom of the website:
Discussion/Feature requests: http://forum.qrk.cc

LMAO

also , no LTC?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
advanced

Activity: 267

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 10:07:42 PM

trc value via API is wrong : http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/api/tradingPair/trc_usd

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:26:12 PM

This definitely looks a lot better.

virtualaddict

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:36:24 PM

Lulz just because controversy exists does not make it a scam. We are in uncharted waters here, the definition of what a cryptocurrency is and therefore what should be on coinmarketcap is very debatable.

It's good to have multiple resources like cryptmarketcap.com, though. It's a little concerning that Litecoin is missing, but whatever.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:16:55 PM

Excited to see Lottocoin up soon Smiley

350k market cap approximate guess.
Sentinelrv

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:14:18 AM

It's good to have multiple resources like cryptmarketcap.com, though. It's a little concerning that Litecoin is missing, but whatever.

I just looked on their forum and there was an image posted right before Christmas that showed Litecoin in their list. I'm thinking maybe it's just a temporary error or something.
foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:09:35 AM

catcoin just got listed on coinedup and is ON FIRE , please add it, here's the forum link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380130.0

nope
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: