Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12083 times)
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:10:09 PM

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

Regular usage of bitcoin and if it will be circulated not at the trading exchanges but on the market of currency itself regularly.

Expect high volume of volatility on bitcoin because majority of it's quantities are done in trading and not as the usage of normal currency e.g being used to buy goods etc. It can't be control or can considered as being because there are large hoarders around that can create panic on trading market and to the fact itself that majority of bitcoin users tend to hold these currency to make profit in the future. Currently, it was not functioning as a normal currency as it was supposed to be because of trading activities and holding goals.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:25:09 PM

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

Regular usage of bitcoin and if it will be circulated not at the trading exchanges but on the market of currency itself regularly.

Expect high volume of volatility on bitcoin because majority of it's quantities are done in trading and not as the usage of normal currency e.g being used to buy goods etc. It can't be control or can considered as being because there are large hoarders around that can create panic on trading market and to the fact itself that majority of bitcoin users tend to hold these currency to make profit in the future. Currently, it was not functioning as a normal currency as it was supposed to be because of trading activities and holding goals.

What you said is correct that is why i am telling that Bitcoin is a online gold investment and not a currency because most of them are using or storing it as an investment which they are accepting it that it will give high returns if they invest and hold for long time, at the same time it is also traded in the exchange and traders are using it in high fluctuation way. So i think Bitcoin wont get global currency like fiat currency status ya but it will be used like gold as investment basis.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:39:09 PM

I dont think volatility in bitcoin can be controlled, the volatility is caused by the transaction volume, and bitcoin got a very big transaction volume, its mean there are a lot of buying and selling, so the price will keep on moving, and I dont see any way that possible to control volatility
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:51:19 PM

When you say "Controlle" , i only think in the centralization of the bitcoin :p
But iwhen we talk about the volatility of the bitcoin (or any other cryptcocurrency) we need to remember that the price of the bitcoin moves ike any another commodity, whith time and tge growth of the maket cap, the price will estabilize.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:52:40 AM

When you say "Controlle" , i only think in the centralization of the bitcoin :p
But iwhen we talk about the volatility of the bitcoin (or any other cryptcocurrency) we need to remember that the price of the bitcoin moves ike any another commodity, whith time and tge growth of the maket cap, the price will estabilize.

Yeah. Controlling bitcoin volatility equals essentially controlling bitcoin itself, because to control the volatility of a currency you can't just do it in a decentralized way. Someone or some organization has to step up and take the role of the bitcoin central bank.

once this happens then sure, every one will say that bitcoin is stable, and it makes sense in the short term. But in the long term, inflation is going to take over, and bitcoin is going to get dragged alongside the collapse of fiat currencies. Is this something that we'd like to see happen to bitcoin? Probably not.

Besides, bitcoin volatility is the factor that attracts a lot of investors because they are able to make a lot more money on bitcoin than the stock market for example, in a much much shorter period of time.

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:15:26 AM

I dont think volatility in bitcoin can be controlled, the volatility is caused by the transaction volume, and bitcoin got a very big transaction volume, its mean there are a lot of buying and selling, so the price will keep on moving, and I dont see any way that possible to control volatility
Agree unless if you are Satoshi do have 1M bitcoin would definitely affect the price volatility of bitcoin. Knowing the cap of bitcoin is already huge and making manipulations on movements will require big big amount but looking on the current holders of bitcoin I would say they cant do such thing unless if they group up and decide but its not ideal to think as of now.

cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:03:30 AM

In my opinion it is already somewhat controlled because whenever bitcoin gets too low then people start buying in because they know the price won't stay low for long. And whenever bitcoin gets too high then it also self corrects. We have seen this for like a month now, go on the charts and see for yourself the pattern that is emerging. But each time it corrects too much before readjusting.

The most important things in creating less volatility i believe are two components:

1. Community faith in the coin
2. More merchants adopting the coin.

Once these two are achieved then bitcoin will be natuarlly stable even if it is unregulated. We don't need no central bank to do this.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:09:05 AM

Volatility can only be control through market sentiment and centralization. If we are advocating volatile control then we are equally saying bitcoin or cryptocurrency should be control by government and regulatory agency which will still destroy the arms of creating cryptocurrency. We should live every thing to the market to decide it faith. Bitcoin going to mainstream should be left to the force of demand and supply to decide instead of changing the node to control it by Agency. Governments is the number one Enemy of cryptocurrency and bitcoin and if we bring it under their control the will kill it.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:44:12 AM

I don't think volatility of bitcoin can be controlled just by the increase of users as well as the price. Bitcoin is decentralized meaning no one has control in every aspect of this. And I think nobody wants a stabilized price for bitcoin?like it will just be flat rate all through out the existence of bitcoin. Nah I don't even imagine that, just accept the fact that volatility is part of bitcoin.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:35:48 AM

I don't think volatility of bitcoin can be controlled just by the increase of users as well as the price. Bitcoin is decentralized meaning no one has control in every aspect of this. And I think nobody wants a stabilized price for bitcoin?like it will just be flat rate all through out the existence of bitcoin. Nah I don't even imagine that, just accept the fact that volatility is part of bitcoin.
Are you have checking the capitalization in crypto market? It still very "young", maybe can example as "baby" if compare with other huge market as Forex, Stock ...

Some company and rich people or whale can controll the volatility very easy, they just creating some waves in market and trader will continue this waves, but need a huge money to do that Grin
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:49:43 AM

Of course, I don't think it could be controlled as volatile price is a part of whole bitcoin environment. Even though in 10 years later if bitcoins market cap increase significantly, it means people who have big amount of bitcoin could affect the market, not only one person who buy and sell bitcoin everyday, many people want to make profits through bitcoin, that's why its price always fluctuate.
Furthermore, if bitcoin could drop and rise a lot within days, then it is a good chance to buy or sell it.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:16:01 AM

Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Volatility is something that must not be controlled and can't be controlled fully and if it is to be done, a person with many btc and fiat just needs to set a big buy and sell order to control volatility temporarily but no one can keep this up forever so I believe there's no way volatility can be controlled for a long time.
it means people who have big amount of bitcoin could affect the market, not only one person who buy and sell bitcoin everyday, many people want to make profits through bitcoin, that's why its price always fluctuate.
Furthermore, if bitcoin could drop and rise a lot within days, then it is a good chance to buy or sell it.
You are somehow right at the part that many people want to make profits through bitcoin but that's not the only reason why price always fluctuate. Manipulations of those who want to profit aside, price always fluctuate because of a whale selling or buying because he/she needs fiat or btc, or just many people buying up or selling btc just for their needs without ever thinking of making profits.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:18:19 AM

Controlling fluctuations I think will include controlling bitcoin prices. Because when you control the fluctuation it becomes slower or faster it will affect to the price of bitcoin So I think it might be done with supply and demand manipulation?
TechnoMusic

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:19:50 AM

This bitcoin cryptocurrency cant be controlled that is really impossible because bitcoin is created so perfect so he is so good fast transactions and many good things so many shops,online stores and others are accepting bitcoin.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:24:25 AM

This bitcoin cryptocurrency cant be controlled that is really impossible because bitcoin is created so perfect so he is so good fast transactions and many good things so many shops,online stores and others are accepting bitcoin.
Bitcoin doesn't have fast transactions 'as of now' because it is getting crowded and it makes a lot of demand in the network to execute their transactions which makes the confirmation time gets slower and longer because the miners cannot confirm all the transactions in one time. Bitcoin is created just like a currency and the most important feature of bitcoin is being decentralized in my opinion.
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:37:48 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Is it possible to control bitcoins volatility? No, since bitcoin is decentralized, it is free market, no central authority can artificially control the monetary base of bitcoin according to supply and demand and thus make it less volatile.

Would bitcoin attain price stability in the next few years? Yes. Bitcoins market cap is still small so even a small percentage of trading volume can have a much bigger impact on the price. As more people start using bitcoin and the market cap increases to the point where the price becomes immune to pumps and dumps, the market would stabilize on its own and we would have a stable and reliable currency as a medium of exchange.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:38:51 PM

Bitcoin doesn't have fast transactions 'as of now' because it is getting crowded and it makes a lot of demand in the network to execute their transactions which makes the confirmation time gets slower and longer because the miners cannot confirm all the transactions in one time. Bitcoin is created just like a currency and the most important feature of bitcoin is being decentralized in my opinion.
I hope that after August 1, the travel time of the transaction will be reduced and payment will be less. If not then why even start this epic with the move bitcoin to new version segwit.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:56:46 PM

I agree with the many comments here saying that the volatility of bitcoin can't be controlled.

When the demand is high the price is rising and when the price is so high that people see they will have good profits if they sell now, they start selling and the price is falling. Nothing can be done to change that.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:17:44 PM

The only thing that might tame it would be increasing eistribution massively, but there'll always be whales when it's so easy to scare people into dumping.

I really thought these price levels would do something but the percentages are often the same. I'd give it a decade or so to see if it calms or continues. The more people vested the more incentive there is to reduce it.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:22:01 PM

volatility is dependent on the demand, when demand is high then price will also high but when demand will fall then the price will fall down naturally, so that, if demand is controllable then volatility will be controlled. but so far I know, it is not controllable because human nature and taste are very much changeable.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: