Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:38:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12085 times)
suzukiy

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:59:42 AM

I think bitcoin can not be controlled by any country because bitcoin is not the same as money, if money is controlled by the government of a country and central bank. I think it becomes an excess bitcoin when compared with money
zekeshawn

Activity: 254

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:39:18 PM

As of now I don't think bitcoin volatility can be controlled but maybe if all of people will keep holding bitcoin and not converting it into fiat then that would be the time that bitcoin price will be stable.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:46:16 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I think, it cannot be controlled. Volatility means there's always a change and in the case of Bitcoin, on its market value. Its price is dependent with its market demand. As its demand increase, same thing will happen with its value. So if more people will be into Bitcoin  the demand will increase that will make the value of Bitcoin highly stable, but still, backdrops will be expected but not as big as usual.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:57:38 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I think, it cannot be controlled. Volatility means there's always a change and in the case of Bitcoin, on its market value. Its price is dependent with its market demand. As its demand increase, same thing will happen with its value. So if more people will be into Bitcoin  the demand will increase that will make the value of Bitcoin highly stable, but still, backdrops will be expected but not as big as usual.
Yeah volatility is always entangle with this currency like the stock market as long as the law of supply and demand is concern this will continue volatile the important things is that there no major backdrop of its price we cannot control the volatility of BTC but at least because the is no major backdrop of the price but instead in continue soaring in the near future it would gain trust to some major financial institution.

taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:40:56 PM

Volatility means sudden and rapid change in the price.
Currencies which have centralised in nature can be controlled by making increase or decrease in supply.
Bitcoin is a decentralised currency.
One cannot control its its supply so its volatility.
Its volatility may reduce if more and more persons start using it.
It is this volatility that is helping the traders to earn profit from this currency.
chichigirl

Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:53:26 PM

In my opinion,bitcoin's volatility cannot be control by any means since bitcoin is decentralized and the demand also changes. The price are effected by supply and demand that can't control by anyone.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:49:03 PM

I personally think that the reason why people invest in bitcoins and make a huge profit out of them is because of this volatility only.
The reason behind the huge success of cryptocurrency is that people buy when the price is very low and sell it at the time of high price to gain profit, it can't be made completely stable but its volatility can be controlled.. of that they need to be legalized and accepted worldwide, also they need to be accepted as a mode of payment... When it will get legal people will obviously not doubt bitcoins the second time and the holders will also increase ultimately making it more stable.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:32:38 PM

No it is really hard you will require a huge amount of funds or bitcoins the issue is there are too many exchanges so if one tries to make changes in price to one exchange nothing would happen it will come back to normal either more people will start selling buying won't take place. Price of altcoins can be controlled but bitcoin not a chance
G2z_Riya

Activity: 217
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:37:28 PM

Volatility is one among the major key factor with bitcoin. If there is no volatility, this could have never been that popular providing users lots and lots of earning opportunities. People fear about the volatile nature, but in reality it can't function as gold or USD in a stable manner.
thedarksun

Activity: 639

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:39:06 PM

If that were happen many people would have left bitcoin, and traders would change their mind and their purpose which they have now, so tamed there is no chance and place to do.
Rufsilf

Activity: 1750
Merit: 309

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:20:54 PM

If someone can buy the majority of the supply of bitcoin then it is possible to control the volatility because the volatility comes from the sudden changes in supply and if the supply can be controlled then even there will be a lot of demand in the market. The volatility will not occur unless the huge whale will sell some of the bitcoins to the buyers.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:21:00 PM

I think the simplest reason that big restaurants have not added Bitcoin to its payment portfolio is because of its volatility and volatility. Therefore, it can cause them to lose, too risky so they do not accept it

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:59:33 PM

Volatility is one among the major key factor with bitcoin. If there is no volatility, this could have never been that popular providing users lots and lots of earning opportunities. People fear about the volatile nature, but in reality it can't function as gold or USD in a stable manner.
This is true; its votality is the main feature of it so we can't remove it
 I believe it cannot be controlled as the users want; it will rise or fall depending on what is happening in the environment and bitcoin users have to deal with it. Thinking that bitcoin's vitality is unpredictable and inevitable, we can say that we are the ones who need to adjust in these kind of situations.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
crazycatwoman03

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:34:48 PM

If someone can buy the majority of the supply of bitcoin then it is possible to control the volatility because the volatility comes from the sudden changes in supply and if the supply can be controlled then even there will be a lot of demand in the market. The volatility will not occur unless the huge whale will sell some of the bitcoins to the buyers.

You have a point.  If there is a change in the supply and demand,  bitcoin is affected and it is possible that by controlling this the volatility of bitcoin will be controlled.  But I don't think that it would be that easy  because volatility is one of the main features o bitcoin and this had made bitcoin reach its price now.  Volatility is what attracted investors and if someone is able to control it through supply and demand therefore bitcoin is no longer decentralized.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:43:31 PM

You have a point.  If there is a change in the supply and demand,  bitcoin is affected and it is possible that by controlling this the volatility of bitcoin will be controlled.  But I don't think that it would be that easy  because volatility is one of the main features o bitcoin and this had made bitcoin reach its price now.  Volatility is what attracted investors and if someone is able to control it through supply and demand therefore bitcoin is no longer decentralized.

Probably you can't controlled the volatility of bitcoin because it has already been a nature coin to decentralized currency. And yet there many investors who was likely in volatile due to the fact that no one investors would invest if the circumtance is stable because they have a lot of bitcoin in there own.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:49:35 PM

Remember and we must be the current market cap is very large and reach more than $ 130 billion (because the price of 1 btc = $ 6000), with a very large market cap of course will be difficult for anyone to control bitcoin volatility.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
Pettuh4

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:55:08 PM

Put simple, it can only be controlled when it is centralized by a government or a central bank with global economic jurisdiction but since it will be difficult to have a one world government and economy then it's practically impossible to control Bitcoin volatility now.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:55:30 PM

Remember and we must be the current market cap is very large and reach more than $ 130 billion (because the price of 1 btc = $ 6000), with a very large market cap of course will be difficult for anyone to control bitcoin volatility.
There would be a possibility it might happen tbat bitcoin volatility be controlled in the future. But for now, we can say it cannot because since bitcoin was well known it cannot be controlled by anyone. If there would be a changes in the marketcap and someone will have a change in bitcoin I think it will happen. Who knows, we dont know yet.
lvincent

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:07:22 PM

I don't think that bitcoin volatility can be controlled you can't control it bitcoin price depends on the supply and demand and to the news that affecting it. As long as bitcoin is decentralized no one can control the volatility of it.

HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:41:29 PM

I think it can't be controlled because bitcoin is based on decentralised system and there are no one to controlled it, the one that makes it volatility is the supply and demand and we can't controlled people about those things, so bitcoin will never be too stable
There are many measures to control bitcoin. But I have not found a good solution. To prevent bitcoin fluctuations, the government must interfere. Bitcoin is quite similar to gold, its value varies. In recent years the price of gold has stabilized. The government needs a fund to keep the bitcoin stable

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: