Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12083 times)
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:14:39 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Well for me, I don't think bitcoin's volatility in current situation can be controlled as its adoption among the people is very much up. Only due to its readily acceptance and its popularity all over the globe, its demand is always in an increase. These combined contributing factors make it difficult to control its volatility an for my other reason is , just look at other commodities like gold and see the big swings that happen there. Even fiat currencies often have large swings in their valuation.
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:26:34 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I don't think we can control the volatility of bitcoin instead maybe we can just affect it by means of our actions and demand with bitcoin. The volatility of bitcoin makes it more exciting on earning since there is always a possibility that your income will rise or fall depending on the dump and pump occuring. If ever the volatility is controlled, it will be less demanded for sure since it can be handled by some greedy company or people.
bentong talong

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:38:02 AM

The volatility of bitcoin has been one of the main feature why investors became attracted with it. If thw volatility will be manipulated, there is a large possibility that some investors and users will not be glad with it. They may end up leaving since the volatility is what they long first at the first place. Right now I don't think the volatility is something that can be controlled already, the demand of the users investors maybe will affect it.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
kalakabgr

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:39:23 AM

It can be managed but not controlled because you can't control people who are the main factor of volatility, unlike other assets which has more variables, oil for example
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:05:14 AM

as of now it can't be controlled because its too main stream for the people so many players in the field and big one are joining the game so volatility can't be avoided that fast although its been a roller coaster ride in bitcoin prices really played ups and downs you just have to narrow down when to sell and when to buy to take advantage of the market and have profits along with your trades.
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:16:30 AM

If there are users or communities that have bitcoin stocks of more than 51% then they can control the price and volatile bitcoin, but this seems difficult because bitcoin is anonymous and no one knows what direction the user will sell or buy.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:21:02 AM

To control the volatility, you need some investors working together with very large amount of bitcoins but this doesn't make sense as traders and investors love this volatility.
The futures contracts on bitcoin might help a little bit in the long terme to reduce this volatility.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:30:55 AM

Some time the market forces affect the currency volatility so instantly but the big effect is from the big whales of the crypto market they can create big volatility in the present market. the volatility is not controller factor and the big traders can control the effect of bitcoin volatility on other currencies as well.
from the risk perspective the volatility is not good for long time because the value become fall because the crypto market is very sensitive.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Gabrieelle

Merit: 267

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:56:52 AM

If there are users or communities that have bitcoin stocks of more than 51% then they can control the price and volatile bitcoin, but this seems difficult because bitcoin is anonymous and no one knows what direction the user will sell or buy.
I agree we can't really tell when people are going to buy and sell their bitcoins. The volatility of the price depends upon its users if the demand for bitcoin is high as well as the price but when a large group of people sell their bitcoins then the supply will go up but the value of bitcoin will go down. Its volatility is one of its characteristics and we just need to look at it positively.
drpixou

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:57:18 AM

It is because BTC should not be treated as a micro-payment method. It is not equal to money as we know.
Bitcoin volatility cannot be controlled as bitcoin is based on decentralization and demands. It can be price dumped and pumped depends on the users. Bitcoin already address its volatility of the price thats why it cannot be controlled.

This is the answer I was looking for
spasmadness

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:57:28 AM

I think that's what happening at this moment, people is in control of the market and that's why is highly volatile nowadays.
partsofgarble

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:58:12 AM

Miners and traders are taking over control of the bitcoin and altcoins prices, big holders/whales are making this a rollercoaster.
TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:57:03 AM

I think it's developers community are the only one's that can control it, It's currency is volatile because its still developing, and the government still not fully considers it that's why its not fully adopted.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:04:00 AM

No, volatility of the bitcoin the same as of any currency can't be controlled as it is dictated by the market. And since bitcoin market is free and can't be controlled there is no way to influence it.

why not? i think bitcoin  can be controlled because the volatility of bitcoin is only cause by the people who buy it. people can still have the power to control it.  one example of that is whales, whales are group or a single people that is really powerful and rich , he then control or manipulate the market by just buying or selling boatloads and truckloads of bitcoin in order for them to profit or to be able to buy bitcoins in a cheap price.
Happy Miner

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:04:13 AM

Time has shown that even trading on the exchange can not reduce the volatility of the cryptocurrency. This is a tool for speculation, so the price will constantly change over a wide range.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:25:55 AM

Time has shown that even trading on the exchange can not reduce the volatility of the cryptocurrency. This is a tool for speculation, so the price will constantly change over a wide range.

Well it probably can if you think about it but only by those people that have enough btc to move the market. Yes if a lot og btc whales are up to it, the can control the market's volatility to be up or down

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:36:35 PM

Well it probably can if you think about it but only by those people that have enough btc to move the market. Yes if a lot og btc whales are up to it, the can control the market's volatility to be up or down
The whale usually a groups of the rich and they usually cooperate to control the price of Bitcoin moving as their plan.
As long as they can earn huge money after all, they can spend huge money first to trap the new investor and noob trader.
pisston

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:30:55 PM

I think that the only impact on the Bitcoin market can be made only by users with huge amounts of coins that regulate the coins' exit to the market. And thus they can control the price increase or decrease. as already mentioned on the forum, that only large whales have an impact on volatility.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:51:47 AM

I think that the only impact on the Bitcoin market can be made only by users with huge amounts of coins that regulate the coins' exit to the market. And thus they can control the price increase or decrease. as already mentioned on the forum, that only large whales have an impact on volatility.
The rate of Bitcoin can be controlled by investors, that’s true, but it’s not only investors that controls the rate of Bitcoin, the devs can also control it and set it any price they want. By the way, I noticed that Xapo is always having a price rate that is above the normal price rate others are using.

I don’t know if that’s some tricks or what. Well, at least it proves that I’m saying the truth– devs can control price rate for Bitcoin.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:01:28 AM

I really don't see how volatility can be controlled, unless it was under the control of an entity that got to decided who could buy and sell Bitcoin, the time, place, whether a person is allowed at the moment or not. But Bitcoin is decentralized and so it will always be affected by supply and demand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: