Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12074 times)
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:34:17 AM

I never believed that bitcoin prices could be controlled, this is because the bitcoin marketcap is huge and has now reached over $ 250 billion and it is ridiculous to have big money to control bitcoin.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:40:40 AM

No institution neither organization who have an control over the bitcoin so the volatility can't be control and the prices will change over time, but the factors of that volatility is our investment. Bitcoin is under decentralized system and is affected by demand and supply unlike the fiat which government control even the demand is high the value of it will be stable and just will do a little increase and decrease.
napi

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:51:01 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

the circulation of bitcoin will not be controlled by anyone because bitcoin is a digital currency and pure bitcoin in the movement by buyers and sellers just nothing else, if the government wants to master bitcoin then it will fail.
cr_liev

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:37:25 AM

I think this is impossible as bitcoin assets are distributed not evenly in the hands of people. Besides you know about "wisdom of a crowd" which can play a bad trick on the price fluctuation.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:09:02 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

the circulation of bitcoin will not be controlled by anyone because bitcoin is a digital currency and pure bitcoin in the movement by buyers and sellers just nothing else, if the government wants to master bitcoin then it will fail.
The government can not become the Bitcoin controller, but they can make the Bitcoin system be stopped.
Remember, the Bitcoin miners need to have electronic to run the mining hardware and the government is the service provide this thing Grin.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Mister k

Activity: 322
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:21:58 PM

To control the volatility, there must be some regulation, but Bitcoin (and the cryptomarket) is not made for that, it is completely the opposite in fact, so it will be difficult to control this phenomenon.

Loonie Network   ■■■■■   Loonie Token, An ERC20 Token   ■■■■■   LNI         
Participate in the Crowsale now
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   ANN Thread
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:26:12 PM

The government can not become the Bitcoin controller, but they can make the Bitcoin system be stopped.
Remember, the Bitcoin miners need to have electronic to run the mining hardware and the government is the service provide this thing Grin.
Government? Not all the times considering that those are private businesses which do only comply governments terms and conditions but not totally being controlled. Stopping electricity source is a dumb idea or solution on stopping the entire mining operation. They wont really do such thing because there would really be lots of factors or things to be mainly affected if energy turns off.
cuplisbird

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:44:38 PM

Although theoretically manageable, can not be controlled in real life. Bitcoin is widely used and we can not control people who use it. It is not only influenced by one factor but some and nothing is strong enough to be manipulated.
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:54:22 PM

Although theoretically manageable, can not be controlled in real life. Bitcoin is widely used and we can not control people who use it. It is not only influenced by one factor but some and nothing is strong enough to be manipulated.
State authorities do not feel confident enough to interpret the legal status of virtual currencies. There is currently only a view of the income from the sale of bitcoin.
thycrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:06:32 PM

I think the only way that volatility can be managed is if bitcoin is being used by more people where there is less control of the few to dictate the price. This will not happen in the near future as bitcoin is still a very young currency and still in its development stage. But as years go by and more people are able to use it, the price is going to reach a point where it will stabilize and only minor movements are to be seen.
I agree with you. Slowly people with a lot of capital are getting their hands on it. Since there is not a lot of supply it can become manipulated if someone holds a lot of it. But it is used a lot and many transactions go through it daily. Slowly it will be controlled and then only certain people will have their hands on it. Hold on until you can't reach it anymore.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:18:36 PM

Nope, Government  cannot stop bitcoin system since its decentralized from the beginning. They can only make bitcoin get totally banned on their country
but they cannot stop the population of bitcoin in the community.

dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:24:50 PM

Bitcoin volatility is the reason why many investors are investing and many traders are trading in. But this volatility is cannot be controlled by someone. It is the nature of bitcoin. We cannot control it but can used this feature instead for our success.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:05:06 PM

I think we will find a hard time controlling the volatility of bitcoin because that is his main characteristics. We agree that bitcoin's price is volatile like we agree that gold is precious. Gold is precious than water that we can live without gold and can't live without water. what an irony.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:49:55 PM

I think we will find a hard time controlling the volatility of bitcoin because that is his main characteristics. We agree that bitcoin's price is volatile like we agree that gold is precious. Gold is precious than water that we can live without gold and can't live without water. what an irony.
Yes in current time it may be difficult to control bitcoin volatility. I think there is only one chance for that and it can be that when all the people of the world will invest money in bitcoin and they have the opportunity to use bitcoin for shopping in their local shops then we can expect that it will become possible for bitcoin price to control its volatility.
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:39:33 PM

It decentralized so it is not controlled by anyone. The price is not controlled and possession is not controlled. He who has money can acquire as much as they want. They can sell as low or as high as they want. I wish life is as free as cryptocurrency too.
yunzau

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:00:53 PM

Probably not, bitcoins are very volatile and very difficult to control, perhaps because that's what people or cons have the hrad time to implement mass adoption of bitcoin. Unless already legalized by the government. They can not control it completely but the government can manage the use of bitcoin.
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:57:04 PM

the volatility of bitcoin and cryptos in general are what makes this market attractive where you can profit and make a fortune if we aim to regulate the volatility I think there won`t be any other way than government control like USD and other fiat currencies.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:59:15 PM

That's right, bitcoin volatility can be controlled, like that ever happened in December 2017, many people call it by the name (big whales), they are the owners of 40% bitcoin. Perhaps the current decline is due to their actions.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:29:03 AM

Bitcoin volatility is the reason why many investors are investing and many traders are trading in. But this volatility is cannot be controlled by someone. It is the nature of bitcoin. We cannot control it but can used this feature instead for our success.
If bitcoin volatility or that of the crypto market is ever controlled, that will make the market destroy within short times. People are here in this market for making too much profit and that too in short time without making any hard efforts.

Bitcoin is known as digital coin which has ability to decrease and increase in value in short time, providing unlimited happiness to the bitcoin investors. Bitcoin should never ever be made stable.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:34:17 AM

as a techinally, volatility of bitcoin is indeed hindering its utility. Many merchants and vendors are skeptical of accepting bitcoin as a payment medium just because of high volatility. Nobody can definitely control the volatility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: