Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:34:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12083 times)
DexterLox

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:38:01 PM

The dual nature of Bitcoin as an asset and currency can be responsible for volatility. Probably a global regulation of the currency or in the key countries, could generate a control of its volatility, but I believe that this would take away qualities that from the beginning offered as a service ..
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:52:58 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

Well you can't call it Bitcoin or cryptocurrency if its not volatile. You see that's the essence of it, being volatile, AND decentralized. The reason why it reach the $20k value is because of that volatility, and you wanted to take it away? Even if they file petitions and protest of its volatility, it can't be done, no one controls it.

If so happens that they can mange to control its volatility then, it is no longer volatile (the price will not change significantly) - obviously, and are now centralized (some people are regulating it). So its just another currency that the government will manipulate.

Now question mate, do you want that?

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:28:11 PM

This doesn’t necessarily mean Bitcoin has to change; many people prefer to use a deflationary currency, especially those who like to save. People would want to invest their future in a money that is more stable, and the dollar is the safest bet. But interestingly, cryptocurrency can also be also backed by dollars as some have proposed.
"The basic reason critics are skeptical of altcoins is that they fear the dilution of the cryptocurrency market: altcoins currently get most of their capital from previous Bitcoiners, not by converting new people to crypto. This is the unfortunate result of technology advancing faster than mainstream culture, and our common drive to be first at everything. As convenient as it is for branding reasons, however, a new flagship cryptocurrency must emerge."
(https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/fight-volatility-cryptocurrency-1413313809/)

Complications arise is due to the fact that we cannot have a stable currency without inflation. Bitcoin is fluctuating wildly because no one takes control over it. And we all know though history that humans cannot be responsible enough to manipulate the supplies of coins. But here enters the decentralization and block chain. Through this, we can develop a smart currency with machine learning algorithm that is able to autonomously capable of regulating itself. Bitcoin volatility can be controlled by adjusting the mining difficulty and reward. Fiats decrease in value if few are printed, the same goes with digital currency, a reduction of coin produced in each block would hypothetically yield the same output.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
quirijn de greef

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:47:40 PM

It's volatility cannot be controlled, as the crypto idea itself lies in the fact that no side control of operations with virtual currency is possible. Yes, it can be predicted - here you should have been constantly watching all the events that happen on crypto market.
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:13:56 PM

Volatility of bitcoin cannot be controlled. It's one of a natural qualities of bitcoin.  The reason why it becomes popular and investors wants to invest because they have no fear of loosing those transaction because the market flow is uncontrollable.

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1162

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:21:28 PM

If BTC becomes a more centralized speculative asset, i dont think volatility can be controled. If it finds a way to work around it´s limitations and gains widespread usage the "true" decentralization would mean less volatility IMO

There's no way to control it since its decentralization. Even governments can't control it nor they can trace them. Its price depend on us. If we sell, its demand decrease if we buy, the price pumped up. But don't know about its future. Volatile can not be controlled and its a good thing for us. Government can't reach to us and they cant apply any tax on it.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:34:28 PM

as a techinally, volatility of bitcoin is indeed hindering its utility. Many merchants and vendors are skeptical of accepting bitcoin as a payment medium just because of high volatility. Nobody can definitely control the volatility.

Bitcoin's volatility is based on people's demand on bitcoin. Yes, many merchants and vendors are doubtful of using bitcoin as payment to their goods or services because having a cup of coffee priced at 1$ can be less than or greater than a dollar in the next couple of minutes.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:58:08 PM

The bitcoin marketcap is currently around $ 200 billion, and with that amount it would take at least $ 100 billion to be able to control the bitcoin volatile and I think it is a difficult thing.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:39:07 PM

The bitcoin marketcap is currently around $ 200 billion, and with that amount it would take at least $ 100 billion to be able to control the bitcoin volatile and I think it is a difficult thing.

It may be difficult for us whose finances are limited, but not to those we used to call the great whales that have betrayed bitcoin today.
The big whale is a very big organization so easy for them to raise (December 2017) as well as lower the bitcoin price as it does now.

Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:14:19 PM

In terms of helping bitcoin to be violaile, volatility to tell you mates is jot volative.
We can always comtinue on our minds to be contented amd so mot grab anymore.
Volatility is  very normal for traders. What traders can do is to just remain calm and make a wide study in the investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
warr1979

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:41:08 PM

If BTC becomes a more centralized speculative asset, i dont think volatility can be controled. If it finds a way to work around it´s limitations and gains widespread usage the "true" decentralization would mean less volatility IMO

There's no way to control it since its decentralization. Even governments can't control it nor they can trace them. Its price depend on us. If we sell, its demand decrease if we buy, the price pumped up. But don't know about its future. Volatile can not be controlled and its a good thing for us. Government can't reach to us and they cant apply any tax on it.

How to exchange Bitcoin to real money if you are using the monetary system of the government? Directly?
No, I don't think this is a good choice for the criminal, because they need to keep private their activities and the government can take that advantage to track their activities, at least this is the problem for criminal activities at current.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:44:45 PM

i dont think so. nobody can control such huge value in the market
Spades77

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:44:42 PM

I think Bitcoins volatility can't be controlled but what we can do is to at least stabilize it. For me there is a way, if traders, enthusiasts are more patient in trading and investing, if we put our trust in Bitcoin more than the FUD especially when there are bad news or bad publicity around, then we can help in our own way to at least help to make it stable.
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:08:12 PM

No, if anyone says that there are people or groups who can control the volatility of bitcoin then of course they are the majority owners of bitcoin, now marketcap more than $ 240 billion and if any person or group dared to speculate $ 121 billion then I think it is a madman.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:55:34 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
I don't think we can control the volatility of bitcoin, there are only chances that we will affect the volatility of bitcoin by demanding individually. If we want bitcoin's value to keep on rising, the best thing we can do is to keep on demanding bitcoin. The demand bitcoin is getting helps it to have a more expensive so let us not be doubtful on its potential and keep on supporting it.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:57:37 PM

I've heard that almost all exchanges work together to be able to manipulate the price, so rising and falling bitcoin prices not because of user factors but because of the deal from exchanges, but this does not make me hate because the most important is I gett profit.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

I believe, there have to be more money and finacial flow... More people involved.. If Bitcoin was accepted and widely used, more and more organisations could use it as well for transactions. It could stabilize the situation
ProofOfLambo

Activity: 238
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:04:39 PM

Now it is possible to minimize the risk of bitcoin exchange by using derivatives. So the fluctuation may be the same, is just that you can take cover for a price.
huzurkan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 522

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:38:54 PM

I think Bitcoin Volatility can not be controlled because In the free market everyone sets the price. so it becomes constantly variable.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"  
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"    
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

I don't think we can get the chance to control bitcoin's volatility and I don't think anyone can do so since bitcoin is considered to be decentralized. I think there are only some few factors why bitcoin is going down or up. The demand it is gaining from the users and investirs is one of the main factor in bitcoin's volatility. If we are going to keep on supporting it, there's a large possibility that the value will keep on rising.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: