Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:19:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12074 times)
lingwistiko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:31:45 PM

I doubt very much that crypto-currencies at the current initial, "wild" phase of their lives can be stable. If they do not collapse, then their volatility will inevitably decrease.

Even if they will not collapse, still, volatility is inevitable. Bitcoin even reached 20,000$ last year even if its price is quite high and stable already but the demand of the people pushes its market price even more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usam_coiner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:33:01 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized crypto currency so there is no control that can be done by any party. so I think that bitcoinvolality will continue to move based on current crypto market demand if bitcoin will move at a fairly stable price due to decreased bitcoin user level and if the rate increases again then of course the bitcoin price will increase again
yeah you are absolutely right the decentralized control of bitcoin is attracting more and more people and the bases of bitcoin cannot be controlled that's why people believe in it and if volatility get controlled then it will be like gold ans sooner its fame will be over so i think volatility is best.
katarin2030

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:59:48 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized crypto currency so there is no control that can be done by any party. so I think that bitcoinvolality will continue to move based on current crypto market demand if bitcoin will move at a fairly stable price due to decreased bitcoin user level and if the rate increases again then of course the bitcoin price will increase again
yeah you are absolutely right the decentralized control of bitcoin is attracting more and more people and the bases of bitcoin cannot be controlled that's why people believe in it and if volatility get controlled then it will be like gold ans sooner its fame will be over so i think volatility is best.
No, it cannot be controlled because all of us know the reason bitcoin is a decentralized currency so volatility can't be controlled. Bitcoin is not like a fiat money to have the stable nature fiat currency is controlled by the governments but bitcoin is controlled by none.
om_iyo

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:34:12 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Can it controlled without a board?? I think it's still difficult for a few years ahead. And a blockchain is not about centralized system. So, it's a home work to develop bitcoin and crypto for next time. I think it's one of bitcoin's weakness, for investment and currency.
saifanik

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:03:35 PM

In my opinion,in main feature of Btc,volatility is most important.Any kind of online marketing,volatility is needed.It's in the process of managing online-based work.But Btc can be used in some cases,if it's managed with a little skill.Because it isn't used by any one person.Therefore,due to it's decentralization facility,it can be volatile.

Siglo // Send airtime with your siglo tokens (http://)
Crash21

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:18:55 PM

I don't think so. Market was always living own life and only very big players can change something but it will not be noticeably because of high price.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

Well, may be it's not clear how the system works: bitcoin doesn't have an autonomous life, its price is just a consequence of the way the people trade it.
So, what it's unstable is not bitcoin, but the trust of the people toward bitcoin.
As a new market, lot of inexperienced traders have jumped in it, and they are very sensible to any declaration, for the good o for the bad.
When there will be some natural selection, anything will be more stable.

shoaibmahar

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:51:54 PM

According to my study it can not be controlled because its totally depend upon investors and the demand of population,sometime high demand but short supply results high prices and more supply but no demand prices falls.
Volatility of Bitcoin helpful for traders to gain profit when they buy in low and sell in high.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:05:45 PM

I think no, bitcoin is volatile because of some reasons and volatility it is normal in any kind of crypto currencies. As I observe the chart of bitcoin and altcoins they were all the same attitude of being volatile.
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:07:45 PM

According to my study it can not be controlled because its totally depend upon investors and the demand of population,sometime high demand but short supply results high prices and more supply but no demand prices falls.
Volatility of Bitcoin helpful for traders to gain profit when they buy in low and sell in high.
I think most of the bitcoin movements in the market are dominated by whale investors. To control it for small investors is very difficult, you can only control your emotions so as not to fear and sell out bitcoin when it drops. Choose a potential crypto for yourself so you do not have to worry too much when it comes down to price.

Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:49:24 PM

I think no, bitcoin is volatile because of some reasons and volatility it is normal in any kind of crypto currencies. As I observe the chart of bitcoin and altcoins they were all the same attitude of being volatile.

The thing that makes everyone interested in bitcoin is decentralized so that prices are due to market law, no one can control volatility so we just hope that the user keeps buying and keeping so the price keeps going up.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:10:13 AM

I believe that it can not be controlled, the price of a bitcoin is determined by supply and demand. When the demand for bitcoins increases, the price increases, and when demand falls, the price goes down. There is only a limited number of bitcoins in circulation and new bitcoins are created at a predictable and decreasing rate, which means that the demand must follow this level of inflation to keep the price stable. Because Bitcoin is still a relatively small market compared to what it could be, it does not take large amounts of money to raise or lower the market price, and therefore, the price of a bitcoin remains very volatile.

Yes true, if bitcoin marketcap is still under $ 100 trillion then the millionaire can play with bitcoin prices, besides that of course is the number of banned from various countries so often make user panic and sell bitcoin so make volatility.
longhair0418

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:01:39 AM

I believe not. The bitcoin volatility could not be controlled because it is based on nothing. For example, we could evaluate a stock by comparing the industry and the competitors of the company. However, bitcoin is much bigger than other virtual currency. Its volatility depends on people trust of it and it is really hard to predict what people think.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:16:38 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
For me, the volatility of the bitcoin can be controlled. Do you know what is happening to the cryptocurrency market nowadays? Most of the whales are now manipulating the cryptocurrency market.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
chaa123

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:30:40 AM

Right now, bitcoin's volatility is still unpredictable and hard to anticipate. As for it being controlable, it would be still hard to tell for now since nobody could even predict it in the first place...
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:51:07 AM

For me, the volatility of the bitcoin can be controlled. Do you know what is happening to the cryptocurrency market nowadays? Most of the whales are now manipulating the cryptocurrency market.
I believe that bitcoin cannot be controlled by anyone because until now bitcoin is still unstable and many people really gain from the volatility of the bitcoin by doing such buy and selling process. I think the volatility is the most interesting features of the bitcoin and it is the most amazing because we can gain a huge amount on it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:20:08 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 01:33:45 AM by Noelbetty12

The volatility gives life to bitcoins, when  the price stabilizes there is not much of a room for people who would want to invest on bitcoins. Thus it could become a bit stable and would be less profitable. The mining of bitcoins is paid high, since the supply is getting low, the harder it will be mined and the lesser will the profit be.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

Bitcoin valatility cannot be controlled because it is a part of it. It is also a good thing for bitcoin because people could afford to buy bitcoin when the price is low and they could make profit when the price goes up. It has disadvantage and advantages but the main thing is, bitcoin cannot be stable its price.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:19:19 PM

In my point of view volatility of bitcoin is uncontrollable. It will change from time to time because it would depend with  the investors. Being volatility will give a chance to investor to buy it in a low price. Then gain a double profit. Thats the good thing with it.
Dannaey

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:57:37 PM

It can be done. As you notice, price varies all the time. It is because the law of supply and demand applies to its price. Buying and Selling Bitcoin affects the price. So in order for it to stabilize its price, then the selling part should be avoided if possible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: