Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12083 times)
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:36:05 PM

i believe that no one can control the volatility of bitcoin because im sure it is always depends on what people are doing in their bitcoins, if they sell a lot of bitcoin so for sure the price of  the btc will be afftected by it. also many traders will be panick

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:33:57 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

Actually this bitcoin volatility can't be controlled because its depend on the situation of the blockchain market.this situation depends on the fund of investment in the exchange trading,if many people hold bitcoin,the volatility price will increase ,while in the other hand if more bitcoin fund in the different exchange trading,because of  selling there coins, the volatility price value  in the market will going down.this is the real nature of bitcoin in the world of cryptocurrency.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:54:14 PM

Currently it can't be but in reality it is very likely possible. As long as bitcoins stay and behave as a decentralized currency it will
always be highly volatile. With the increase and decrease of demands and the conditions surrounding bitcoins with people, investors
and the whales, bitcoins will continue to thrive and attain large market prices. But once Regulation is imposed bitcoin will slowly
lose it's unique volatile essence. Banks and governments are highly aware of this, they can benefit if such a process is ever legalized.
Although I do consider bitcoin's never ending fluctuation a thrill, gives a spark that always excites every individual in the
cryptocurrency market.
illbaker4
Copper Member

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:18:57 AM

Firstly we need to erradicate terrorist activity from the btc world and then think about anything else.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:08:00 AM

With a marketcap of over $ 200 billion then it takes enormous money or at least $ 100 billion to control bitcoin, but I'm sure there will not be any crazy people who want to do that so what happens now is purely market.

Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:16:09 AM

I've heard that bitcoin users ie china have a strong network to control bitcoin prices, although this is hard to prove but most of the biggest and dominating exchanges are from china so it's reasonable that they can control.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:20:21 AM

I think that bitcoin volatility can't be controlled because nobody have enough hashing power or money to start doing something with market nowadays.

But as other members said, if the people unite, they can make this happen. Ever heard of the good Satoshi theory? Satoshi Nakamoto is said that he holds millions of bitcoin and in the Good Satoshi Theory, they said that Satoshi is using that million bitoins to control the price in the market. Anyways, controlling the volatility of bitcoin is very hard.
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:24:56 AM

I think that bitcoin volatility can't be controlled because nobody have enough hashing power or money to start doing something with market nowadays.

But as other members said, if the people unite, they can make this happen. Ever heard of the good Satoshi theory? Satoshi Nakamoto is said that he holds millions of bitcoin and in the Good Satoshi Theory, they said that Satoshi is using that million bitoins to control the price in the market. Anyways, controlling the volatility of bitcoin is very hard.
Maybe yes, if we continually do what we are doing today just like this creating  and implementing good ICOs that can be promoted here and in any other channel just like in social media which is very influencing and encouraging many investors to buy tokens such as bitcoin.
qtypatuty

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:26:31 AM

i believe that no one can control the volatility of bitcoin because im sure it is always depends on what people are doing in their bitcoins, if they sell a lot of bitcoin so for sure the price of  the btc will be afftected by it. also many traders will be panick
Controlling the volatility of Bitcoin is so hard that it seems to be impossible. The behavior of bitcoin's volatility will be difficult to direct, and to have power over for the reason that the market's demand always changes so it is the manner bitcoin will react - change drastically.

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:29:54 AM

Maybe yes, if we continually do what we are doing today just like this creating  and implementing good ICOs that can be promoted here and in any other channel just like in social media which is very influencing and encouraging many investors to buy tokens such as bitcoin.

I am not sure if that is really a way to control the volatility of bitcoin since bitcoin without this ICOs and advertising, it is still volatile. It is decentralized so there is no group that control the flow of it in the market. I think the more investor invest in bitcoin, the more volatile the price will be.
jeysonserafini1

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:38:57 PM

I don't think anyone can control the volatility of Bitcoin because it's all about the demands and supplies and actually we can't do anything about it.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:25:31 PM

I dont think volaility can be even controlled because for it we need to spread global awareness first

The volatility of bitcoin cannot be controlled by the persons who are consuming bitcoin or the individuals who just want to control it since the bitcoin is decentralized not owned by anybody. By the way, bitcoin is decentralized, and there is an enormous acceptance that market depends on the consumers. Controlling for this might have to necessitate centralization, the unique thing people were evading when they got interested in bitcoins.
Coral27

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:16:35 PM

Controlling the volatility of Bitcoin is so hard that it seems to be impossible. The behavior of bitcoin's volatility will be difficult to direct, and to have power over for the reason that the market's demand always changes so it is the manner bitcoin will react - change drastically.
Yes it is the main attraction for the investors that they are investing in bitcoin as it is sure the price will be high if once it decreased I am sure bitcoin will   make it impossible by the huge price after some time in price, it is the nature of bitcoin it is volatile and get high then decrease, people always tale the advantage of this, they buy at low price and then hold it till bitcoin price get high and impressively profitable.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 08:23:20 PM

Volatility comes about from hype and the size of the userbase shifting. Once the userbase stabilises and Bitcoin becomes normalised in society, the volatility of the currency will decrease at the same time as a natural consequence. Unfortunately that isn't happening any time soon, and volatility prevents the userbase from stabilising, so it creates a negative feedback loop of sorts.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

Volatility comes about from hype and the size of the userbase shifting. Once the userbase stabilises and Bitcoin becomes normalised in society, the volatility of the currency will decrease at the same time as a natural consequence. Unfortunately that isn't happening any time soon, and volatility prevents the userbase from stabilising, so it creates a negative feedback loop of sorts.
I thought the volatility was mainly concerned with the amount of total market cap for Bitcoin. I realize new players entering and exiting can have an effect as well but if we can reach a 6 figure or even better a 7 figure price tag, won't that in itself curb most of the volatility? Perhaps I got that twisted, but please enlighten me if so!

stuffingfrisbee

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:57:28 AM

volatility is mainly due to banning and inacceptance of btcs as currency. IF it is not banned then volatility may be controlled
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:09:29 AM

Volatility of Bitcoin cannot be controlled by any means as of now, may be after 10 or 15 years it is possible because if all the countries and governments accept Bitcoin or reject Bitcoin then volatility will be controlled. I think both is not possible for another 10 to 15 years from now.
Hillthy

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:34:04 AM

Bitcoin is on the way to become a worldwide payment method. If this happens in the future, I think the volatility will be controlled and the bitcoin value will be low. Right now, the market fluctuates continuously, without any barrier that can be made. In other words, it is beneficial to the investors as we do.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:52:16 AM

The volatility of any currency can be controlled through artificial means, just like the fiat currencies. If you want to prevent the exchange rates from falling beyond a certain point, then you can hoard more of the currency and if you want to do just the opposite, then you can dump it.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:59:24 AM

Bitcoin is on the way to become a worldwide payment method. If this happens in the future, I think the volatility will be controlled and the bitcoin value will be low. Right now, the market fluctuates continuously, without any barrier that can be made. In other words, it is beneficial to the investors as we do.

bitcoin is already a worldwide payment because almost all of the people in all parts of the world do now recognize and use it. but despite that , the volatility of bitcoin cant still be controlled because bitcoin is a decentralize  curreny and that means no one holds of controls it not even banks or governments. although there are countries that accepts and legalize the use of bitcoin but that doesnt mean bitcoin is not volatile on these countries.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: