Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 01:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12086 times)
Angna27

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:09:02 PM

I guess it cannot be controlled there are factors that involved in its uprising and changes that's why investor and other people cannot fully adopt bitcoin because by any chance what they invest will be gone in time when the price is drop.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:46:11 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Even fiat money like dollar is not stable. But bitcoin is the most unstable. For me, this cannot be controlled because this is decentralized. But its volatility is helpful in many ways. Like for those investors, they can profit bigger when they buy coins at lower price and sell them at its highest.
hagiyatmaz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

Is a very small group of people controlling the price of Bitcoin? Could the volatility of Bitcoin be hints of a coordinated attack from that group?
It would be great to get an analysis from major exchanges on the proportion of Bitcoin traded by the biggest buyers and sellers. My feeling is that Bitcoin has a wide enough ownership to make price control difficult and risky. For example if a small group dump their Bitcoin in the hope of picking it up cheaply the next day, they face the risk that the market absorbs their sales and that the price rises, causing them to lose money.If you look at large drops in the price of Bitcoin, they tend to correlate to events where ordinary investors are likely to follow each other in a downward selling pattern.However some smaller crypto tokens have had wild price swings that don’t seem to follow any particular reason. In these cases, it seems credible that a small group were able to risk enough coins to substantially affect the price.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:22:09 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

Actually, don't offend on this statement of mine mate, you know what you've reached your 2nd to the highest position on this forum and I am wondering why are you asking this question? don't tell me you don't know the answer? but allow me to give my opinion, we all know that Bitcoin or altcoin are volatile then both of them are decentralized which means it can't be control by anyone even the private sectors of the company neither the government because they are all regulated or centralized system concept.
Blue Bell

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:37:58 AM

Well, it's hard to imagine how you can control volatility of Bitcoin. It's based on the number of  BTC buyers and sellers. You can't pressure someone to cancel the purchase of BTC  Grin
No one can force you to sell your bitcoin so it is all your decision, learn about the bitcoin rise and fall, no need to see bitcoin volatility as negative thing, I think if today price is low then after few months price of bitcoin will be double, for me bitcoin is best currency because it never stop at specific point it use to rise after it get down. Market will be high once again, wait and let it grow no need to sell at low price, volatility is good for ordinary people as low price opens  a gate for them to buy and invest in bitcoin, will be good if it never get controlled.
heraldlazaro25

Activity: 134

ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:03:05 AM

In my own opinion, I think bitcoin volatility can be controlled by us. We are the main reason why the price of bitcoin is going low or going high. Maybe, if many people will support bitcoin, the price of bitcoin will increase and we can now control its volatility.

KomodoStrikes

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:07:25 AM

volatilition of bitcoin is can not controlled be controlled because you can not control the demand of people Who selling, buying  or production bitcoin. In another way bitcoin is decentralized as long as there is demand in the market so bitcoin volatility is still  exist

On top of that, bitcoin's volatility depends on the mind of the people who are investing on this currency.
If a single whale with thousands of bitcoin on his bag, it can surely affect bitcoin's price if he had sold it all.
Bottomline, the more whales buy or sell bitcoin at big volume, the higher volatility risks/safety is.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Medium   |
█████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] █████████████
Granslam

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:15:06 AM

Best way to gain control over something like this is to add a layer such as a side token. You can't do this in a bass root coin, but then you're placing the entire price control within the developers hands. In other words, you could use a clone of Bitcoin and recode it placing price control of its value completely within the wallet.
Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:34:38 AM

Best way to gain control over something like this is to add a layer such as a side token. You can't do this in a bass root coin, but then you're placing the entire price control within the developers hands. In other words, you could use a clone of Bitcoin and recode it placing price control of its value completely within the wallet.
We cant control the volatility of bitcoin because this is a decentralized investment .The mean purpose of this site is to develop more knowledge about investing to have huge profit returns. This is unlike on the bank that are centralized ,in here we can take advantage because it usually have a possible to increase its value.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:57:30 AM

I don't believe it can be controlled because no one controls bitcoin and therefore no one owns it. Bitcoin will always be volatile and that is how investments in bitcoin yield money and a lot of profits for investors. If the coin stays in a single position then making profits is no longer an option. The best that can be done is to put regulations on trades like it is in the stock market.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ololajulo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:13:27 PM

It can be controlled but they won't do that because that's where investors make profit and that's y it is not having it preeminence in the daily and regular trade aside the complain of delay/slow transaction. This year the volatility had been slightly controlled, the plan to keep it under $12000 from.the beginning of the year buy we all know it can only last a while before it breaks it

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:13:59 PM

I don't believe it can be controlled because no one controls bitcoin and therefore no one owns it. Bitcoin will always be volatile and that is how investments in bitcoin yield money and a lot of profits for investors. If the coin stays in a single position then making profits is no longer an option. The best that can be done is to put regulations on trades like it is in the stock market.
No one cotrols, but there are fudders who are too good in making news that makes the people do exactly same decisions of pulling out their investments due to this news, it cant be controlled totally but there are percentage hat really affects due to fuds.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:25:38 PM

Does having limited supply makes the price volatile? i think while demand go ups and downs and supply remains constant makes  the price so volatile.

There are many factors actually that makes bitcoin volatile such as when there's a news about it you could see that the price can slightly change or when the people are in selling mode. We cannot control its volatility because it is a part of bitcoin's nature as a cryptocurrency.

zhuiyongliang8

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:28:10 PM

If there is no volatility in bitcoin, there is only one case.

That BTC become common currency in the world, no country can use BTC as the legal tender of their own country, then BTC = 1 BTC, nothing to the dollar, yen, euro, the yuan, only BTC a currency.

Only in this way the BTC will not fluctuate.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:00:50 PM

Volatility of bitcoin has developed due to the dearth of market knowledge amongst it's investors. People investing in bitcoin for a quick cash generally tend to get swayed by market emotions and overambitious claims by the champions of the crypto currency.
The complexity of Blockchain and the esoteric manner in which the currency operates makes it a tough study, this leads to people investing mostly on the basis of little know ledge and hearsay. As a result the market experiences intermittent patterns of sharp rise and fall, this leads to volatility.
Newbie Wong

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:41:16 PM

Not now, its price will be self stable after peoples maturity.
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:45:01 PM

Volatility of bitcoin has developed due to the dearth of market knowledge amongst it's investors. People investing in bitcoin for a quick cash generally tend to get swayed by market emotions and overambitious claims by the champions of the crypto currency.
The complexity of Blockchain and the esoteric manner in which the currency operates makes it a tough study, this leads to people investing mostly on the basis of little know ledge and hearsay. As a result the market experiences intermittent patterns of sharp rise and fall, this leads to volatility.
In other words, to be able to explain this simply, you can understand that the market today is the majority of investors are speculative. They are not really investors, because they are susceptible to fluctuations by rumors and FUD. In addition, their purpose and reason for investing in Bitcoin is ambiguous. Probably, some people for profit or friends recommended should join this market without any knowledge. That is why when Bitcoin prices fell sharply, most of these speculators reacted aggressively and sold off.
johnalyn

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:53:10 PM

It is a big Yes for me but Not for now because our government are not yet open to be part of bitcoin's world for now that's why it is not gonna happened but then if the support comes to the government maybe it can control the volatility of it in the future to bitcoin, maybe if that happened many people now are using bitcoin in the future.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
waywethe

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:06:13 PM

My opinion: Bitcoin can not be controlled. Because even Bitcoin can not control its movements. The Crypto market is always volatile and certainly no one can control this volatility  . Prices rise and fall every day, unless you own 60% of market capitalization, so you can control volatility
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:47:45 PM

Bitcoin volatility is already controlled by the market: if it's so high, it means that the market is undecided about what might happen in the future. External control does not make sense, because it would simply be an extra variable to take into account.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: