Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12076 times)
brainryan

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:00:43 PM

I think the volatility of bitcoin in the crypto market is a natural process because of its supply characteristics that are not concentrated and not fixed. In addition to dependence on the supply is exploited and held, user demand is increasing. The bitcoin value will fluctuate depending on the time. At the same time, bitcoin is heavily influenced by outside factors such as media misinformation, government bans, suspicions and psychological panic. That is very difficult to control.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:15:24 PM

You are right, i am personally concerned to this factor that bitcoin price is volatile.
Though, it may be the reason why some business wights yet prefer not to hold or accept bitcoin as a payment method.
 We can only hope of counteraction on its volatility in future if more people start insinuating Bitcoin.
Of course, with the growing popularity of bitcoin, its price and capitalization will grow, which in turn will lead to the fact that the total capitalization of all crypto currencies will reach several trillion dollars and this will make crypto currencies more resistant to infusions of money on the part of individuals in whose hands is concentrated a considerable mass of money. By helping other people to treat bitcoin more loyal and using it to make payments, we strengthen bitcoin and make its volatility lesser.
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:09:15 PM

You are right, i am personally concerned to this factor that bitcoin price is volatile.
Though, it may be the reason why some business wights yet prefer not to hold or accept bitcoin as a payment method.
 We can only hope of counteraction on its volatility in future if more people start insinuating Bitcoin.
Of course, with the growing popularity of bitcoin, its price and capitalization will grow, which in turn will lead to the fact that the total capitalization of all crypto currencies will reach several trillion dollars and this will make crypto currencies more resistant to infusions of money on the part of individuals in whose hands is concentrated a considerable mass of money. By helping other people to treat bitcoin more loyal and using it to make payments, we strengthen bitcoin and make its volatility lesser.
It cannot be controlled my someone unless you are holding a big part of it  let us say at least 20% of the total supply, then that percentage you will have a significant influence with the price and value of bitcoin, you can control depends on your moves.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:19:16 AM

It cannot be controlled my someone unless you are holding a big part of it  let us say at least 20% of the total supply, then that percentage you will have a significant influence with the price and value of bitcoin, you can control depends on your moves.
but i think it is very difficult to happen. the big investors may be able to affect the price but can not control at any time, if it continues to be mocked then everyone trust with btc will go down, so that btc price can drop  later

tuikindu01

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:21:53 AM

The BTC's volatility is uncontrollable because the idea of encryption itself is that it cannot be controlled by the side of virtual currency manipulation. There are a lot of things happening on the market every day, so we shouldn't be totally dependent on what we think is worth now, because it can go up and down at any time.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:07:19 PM

The volatility of bitcoin cannot be controlled by the people who are using bitcoin or the people who just want to control it. Bitcoin cannot be controlled because it is not owned by anyone and it is only depending on the buyers and sellers in the market
if i think from your statement that buyers and sellers can control it if they have big capital, they can movement  market as they wish. but indeed it can not last long time to control it
Horick

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:05:00 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Since bitcoin is not that old as our regular currency, we cannot say that it could be stable now. It is still dependent on the number of people using it. When the time comes that bitcoin will be used by general, then maybe its price will be more stable, thus more predictable.
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:59:04 AM

I don't think that bitcoin volatility can be controlled. This is because when bitcoin was created it was never given a specific value and price which is how a currency could go from costing $10 to being worth about $20,000. Volatility is part of bitcoin.
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:00:34 PM

It is already the carry on characteristic of bitcoin might be from the beginning it was discovered, so bitcoin volatility can not be controlled by a person or by group association, it will be the events that bitcoin will always follow until the time it will be replaced or it might vanished.
MoonWhale

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:29:01 PM

This will make it very difficult with such a relatively low capitalization of bitcoins. Simply, this market is still young and requires special rules.
spartak-sbk

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

I think that it is impossible to control volatility, because bitcoin is based on a decentralized system. What makes it volatile is supply and demand, and we can not control people who buy and sell bitcoin.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:18:26 PM

I think bitcoins volatility  cannot be controlled not unless the government taxes and eventually manipulate these cryptocurrencies. Once the governement manipulates them then it can be controlled but I don’t think it will happen anytime soon because even the banks are not in favor of these cryptocurrencies, I’m not sure in other countries but in my country it doesn’t.
wave1002012

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

I think bitcoins volatility  cannot be controlled not unless the government taxes and eventually manipulate these cryptocurrencies. Once the governement manipulates them then it can be controlled but I don’t think it will happen anytime soon because even the banks are not in favor of these cryptocurrencies, I’m not sure in other countries but in my country it doesn’t.

No, it's hard to control the volatility of the market value because there are so many investors involved and some are still in panic selling.
multimix

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:30:00 PM

Volatility of bitcoin can't be controlled, one of the bitcoin feature is decentralised system so there's no one single entity that can control the supply thus controlling the price. It moves according to the supply and demand on market and it can't be controlled.
ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:36:23 PM

I don’t really think so, Bitcoin can be moved by the Investment people makes, but at which rate it moves is being determined by the developers. So can the volatility of bitcoin be controlled? My answer will be definitely a yes! But only by the devs.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:10:37 AM

Does having limited supply makes the price volatile? i think while demand go ups and downs and supply remains constant makes  the price so volatile.

There are many factors actually that makes bitcoin volatile such as when there's a news about it you could see that the price can slightly change or when the people are in selling mode. We cannot control its volatility because it is a part of bitcoin's nature as a cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is an action and the reaction is the people. If people react correctly then the volatility will no longer be in this and if people react incorrectly then volatility increases so it is all the reaction of people. Bitcoin market value is increasing with the increase in demands and the value of Bitcoin decreasing with the decrease in demand thus supply decreases. Try to invest more as the market is in favorable situations.
NBIToin

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:23:00 AM

When it stops being used as a speculative tool and viewed as money I believe that the volatility will be stabilized.
Impros88

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:28:16 AM

I think bitcoin volatility could control if big whales and institute money will circulate a lot in them and they will control them very strongly
tegaisaffluent

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:50:19 AM

Controlling bitcoin volatility is going to be very difficult because of the widespread usage. Although governments will fight to control the price but will fail since people that really believe in bitcoin will continue to buy bitcoin.   
danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:52:45 AM

No of course not Volatility cannot be controlled by anyone because it is the probability of being increase of the bitcoins value and the probability of decreasing bitcoins value. If volatility can be control well bitcoin will not be so popular right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: