Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:41:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising?  (Read 20539 times)
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:16:59 AM

I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

Some are just investing on ICO's just to have a bonus then dumps it after they recieve their tokens.
As long as the ICO arrives and offers creative and innovative ideas then very realistic to be realized. I'm sure there will be many investors who will put their money in that ICO. The team will also be influential from the future of ICO. choose ICO that experience team in that sector and trusted. when the project is running of course you as an investor will get a profit..
There are many icos that have nothing like that and yet they get huge financing from the community thanks to the fact that many do not care where they put their money as long as it gives profits and if a project is generating noise around the community then they invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:29:14 AM

It's promising but you really have to do your homework. A lot of scams out there, you can't rely on anything that you see advertised on Google Adwords or Redit for example. In the future much more research will need to be taken, with an increase number of ICOs the market will not be able to make every scam succeed like is currently happening.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:49:37 AM

Yes you can earn from ICOs specially if you are one of those bounty hunters but if you are going to invest your hard earned BTC, better think twice or more. ICOs became an easy way to earn money nowadays, they come with good white paper, good team but what about the plan? Is really feasible? Is it really workable? How long will it take to materialize? ICOs are popular because its like easy money both for investor and project owner but its hurting the name of crypto currency in the long run.
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:11:56 AM

It's promising but you really have to do your homework. A lot of scams out there, you can't rely on anything that you see advertised on Google Adwords or Redit for example. In the future much more research will need to be taken, with an increase number of ICOs the market will not be able to make every scam succeed like is currently happening.

Yes there are scams, but the majority are crap. There are 3 kinds of ICOs. Read:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157
Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:10:26 AM

I am very new to crypto world i just started trading altcoins in different exchanges and i found there is lots of ICO happening where i can get coins even cheaper before hitting into market . So in early investment is profitable for good projects.
Cactushrt

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:40:36 AM

Yes there are some ico's are still promising but some ico really sucks it will get listed on exchanges below ico price but patience is the key if you want to join ico and research will help you out

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
ibuddy122505

Activity: 1057
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 06:55:49 AM

Yes there are some ico's are still promising but some ico really sucks it will get listed on exchanges below ico price but patience is the key if you want to join ico and research will help you out
I agreed! These days, there are so many promising ICOs on going, as you said there also shabby ICOs, in the case legit project failed to get any attention over the true investors. Yes, Patience is everything in crypto! Here, only, own research will be worth.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:22:50 AM

I would like to point out the climate has been changing.
Countries have started to reject them.
This can lead to price drops etc.
It is a growing danger to continue "investing" in ICO's.

I think ALL of them are scammy but i posted this to be honest.
Even if i accepted them i would still have to say the same thing.. dangerous !

FUD first & ask questions later™
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:43:53 AM

It really is all about being careful. Investing in an ICO is no different to investing into the stock market. There will be losers and winners.....always.

RISK versus RETURN is what its all about. People invest into ICO's to make a bigger return than they would in safer investments.

The higher the RISK the possibility of a higher return is greater. That works both ways however.

Simple rule - don't invest in anything that involves RISK is you cannot afford to loose it all!
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:09:14 AM

I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

I haven't had an experience investing in ICO, but I want to try it in the near future if I already have enough earnings. This thread can truly help me in continuing my hopes to invest in ICO's and upon reading, a lot of opinions that really has points to considerate, it's really up to my decision whether I should still push my intention to invest in ICO. 

bcnaranjo

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:13:55 AM

I've been participating in some ICO's since I am also just new to this things but as of now I n have not yet gained from it. Anyway I have high hopes that instead of ICO's it will be better to participate in airdrops which will not require any investment but will only require campaigns or luckily no requirement at all just free.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:19:04 AM

Some are Scam some just don't get what they wanted to happen to their Token after the ICO. Must conduct heavy research when investing your money on an ICO to lessen your second thoughts. try trading instead mate!
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 08:38:17 AM

I think yes, there are still promising ICO's. Though it is so hard for us to tell if it was really a scam so let us just be aware of something like a too good to be true project that has nothing to show but sweet promises. Actually I am new to participating in ICO's but the thing is if the said project turns out to be a scam I only wasted my time not my money. The only complicated thing is when we are using our own money to invest in a scam token but I think we can still dispatch it early like a week after it was listed on exchanges for us to make profit before it will become a scam.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:48:03 AM

Investing into ICOs then was very promising, but now the ICOs are 90% scam, which makes the promising ICO not to be known or visible and brings a big loss to the investors at the end of ICO.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:51:38 AM

Some are just investing on ICO's just to have a bonus then dumps it after they recieve their tokens.
As long as the ICO arrives and offers creative and innovative ideas then very realistic to be realized. I'm sure there will be many investors who will put their money in that ICO. The team will also be influential from the future of ICO. choose ICO that experience team in that sector and trusted. when the project is running of course you as an investor will get a profit..
There are many icos that have nothing like that and yet they get huge financing from the community thanks to the fact that many do not care where they put their money as long as it gives profits and if a project is generating noise around the community then they invest.

Due to because they find growth in the company and people start investing into the ICO's. When they see the potential of any coin or the company is more reputable then people start investing into the ICO's.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:14:30 AM

This depends on the ICO project, many users who get huge profits due to join ICO, for example is the Notary Platform, when the ICO price $ 0.2 then 3 months later the price reached $ 6 although now down to $ 2.6 but still profitable.
kseniya.pride

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 12:18:41 PM

Well, definitely, more than 70% of ICO are scams. BUT there are some which will rock the world!

For me, the best ICO so far is Crowdholding. They are connecting the crowd with small and big business to co-create on the products together.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:01:03 AM

It really is all about being careful. Investing in an ICO is no different to investing into the stock market. There will be losers and winners.....always.

RISK versus RETURN is what its all about. People invest into ICO's to make a bigger return than they would in safer investments.

The higher the RISK the possibility of a higher return is greater. That works both ways however.

Simple rule - don't invest in anything that involves RISK is you cannot afford to loose it all!

It's like investing in pyramid schemes.. pick a good one right ?
Because after all isn't crypto about making Bitcoin / FIAT profits ?
ICO = SCAM ..all of them.
Well, except the one in my SIG i flog here for profits of course right guys ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:17:01 AM

Agree and ICOs are becoming less profitable for investors which is why I also want to know what are the good Pre-ICOs sale prior to getting to ICO  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2249426.msg22736324#msg22736324
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 11:46:42 AM

It depends on many factors like your selection of coin, your self study regarding their project and white paper and the team behind the project. Not all ICOs are bad nor all ICOs are good. Some ICOs can generate huge income because of viability of their project and some will not give you anything if their project is not sustainable in long run.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: