Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 80 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in ICO, still promising?  (Read 20539 times)
intelegan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:45:42 AM

Yes, still promising. Watch out for those scammers who are trying to rob your money with their "unique" idea yet it's impossible to implemented. Look at their whitepaper and research about their teams, also follow their social media to stay updated with their stats (it also help you to identify the scammers with fake news).
waks2014

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:46:31 AM

i believe yes, you will see great project but also a bad one in the crowd, you just need to be careful, although there obvious but hard to spot.
you should be aware that a lot of startup are carrying almost the same idea and create some sort of token that unrelated to blockchain.
there is no clear formula for investing,the only way to avoid losses is to make due diligence by spending a lot of time studying and gathering more information on the project before making a decision.
jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:24:41 AM

not all ICO are scam. but hate to admit it but mostly are. i suggest to do more reasearch about the ICO where you want to put your money on
zahed

Activity: 344
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:36:47 AM

Actually i invest own money in many good ico's because good ico always return something good.I invest in atlant,soma,worldcore,smartbillion i hope all this ico is successfully finished.Of course still now promising ico exist.

xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:41:14 AM

Yes, investing in ICO's are still promising if you invest in the right project and not just invest in any project you see out there. You should first properly research about the project and then if the project interests you and is doing something good then you should invest in it.

Dr0idGuru

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

I advice is always do your due diligence. In the end, if you do it well and choose a good project, the coins will appreciate over time.
But currently, I see appreciation in 12 to 24 months and not in week.
My favourite projects are the ones with traction.

Two of them:

• Props: https://propsproject.com <- supported by YouNow and backed by Union Square Ventures (the same as Kik or Filecoin)
  • AppCoins:https://appcoins.io <- supported by Aptoide and backed by e.Ventures (San Francisco / Germany), Golden Gate Ventures (Singapore) and Gobi VC (China)

Compare them using Google Trends (do your own due diligence!):
   https://trends.google.pt/trends/explore?q=kik,younow,aptoide

Now change the keywords and analyse other ICOs to see if they have a good user base.
joefdavid

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:46:01 AM

Just watch out for scammers, they are out there. Check out the white paper and the team, always a good indication. In terms of the issue with tokens being worthless, they are only worthless if the ICO fails! A good idea and enough backing and the sky could be the limit, but there are a select few I think will make it.
coin-continuum

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:52:25 AM

Absolutely worth it, when you do your research, see what the company is all about etc. Just as any other investment you should consider where you are putting your money in. My personal advice is to search for the value the ICO is aiming at, what are the means it plans on utilizing, how credible or not it sounds.
Good luck in your ventures.
KaranRaut

Activity: 106

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:10:33 AM

I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

I participate in ICOs whose vision and product I can relate to and I wish to support.. the profit some dumpers used to get by selling the tokens as soon as it gets listed or sometimes even before it is listed on etherdelta has reduced significantly..
If you enter an ICO with an intention to support and hold for the long term then yes it is profitable, if the intention is to dump to flip your investment then maybe it is not as profitable as it used to be..
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

I'm quite sure that it's still quite promising to most investors especially those who do short trading. The more popular ICO are hard to grab a token at times. Otherwise, I am a fan of long term HODL so it's not that promising personally for me.

Hughcrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:50:16 AM

99% of the ICOs are trash and scams.
Be careful what you invest in. Do a solid research before taking any actions.
That's right, mate. V. Buterin told about it yesterday in his speech on ETHWaterloo - https://www.ethnews.com/ethereums-vitalik-buterin-on-tokens-10. But there are also pearls in this dunghill and this is an our task as investors to find them. So, if we are successful in this we will be able to earn some money. If not - we will lose. The time of fast and simple earnings has passed unfortunatelly.

Well said.
tranlapban

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:51:06 AM

ICOs is still promising if you study them before you make an investment.
There are a ton of project outside, but not all of them working well.
Consider them first before you make a decision.
By the way, I am just joining this forum. Say hi to everyone.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:09:39 AM

there are so many ICO this days which I dont think all of them are Scam but as investor it is your duty to do a holistic research before investing in any ICO. many of this ICO will come up with meaningless and unrealistic goals. some do even copy each others ideas (especially ICO on Real Estate) but it is your duty to check what the ICO intend to Offer and how do they intend to achieve it. also check maybe they have knowledgeable team to handle the project.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:10:52 AM

Same as before m8. If you join in the period with highest bonuses and if you choose the right project; they are still profitable  Smiley

turn the page
Turkiwi

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:16:42 PM

What happened to Ethereum price Smiley? Just because it lost 20% of it's value you're saying that something happened to it? 20% is nothing.. the coin has increased and appreciated by a thousand fold, and everyone is complaining about a 20% drop. About your ICO question, of course they are still promising, the problem is to find which one's are promising, which is difficult considering how many are currenly out there. You have to make your own research, and be picky, as you said you already are. Don't invest in anything just because it's hyped or because the idea looks "cool", it should be applicable as well and realistic to implement, if it is not it will remain only an idea, and you'll remain with empty pockets. Try to find the projects that are backed up by serious and experienced teams, and that offer a roadmap that makes sense to you, but your own brain to work and envision what could go wrong with the project (even though you're not a prophet, as anything might get wrong with it). Tezos for example was a great project and had an amazing ICO, but who could expect the internal conflic that is currently present in the project, no one. So you need some brains and a little bit of luck to still make an ICO promising for yourself.
jasonjm

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 01:19:39 PM

Yes but if you chose the Ico more wisely and if you have done an extensive research about the project and it's team. Then surely that ico will be a profitable venture for you. Beware of the scam ICO.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
xebecstyx

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:22:59 PM

I am a person that gains profit from investing in ICOs but now I'm having second thoughts. I know some ICOs are potential scam so I am really picky to where I put my money.
Anyway, considering with what happened to Ethereum price and with the nearing Aigist 1, do you guys think that it will still be profitable to invest on ICOs mostly on ERC20 tokens and those accepting btc payments?

It's not promising any more. Icos turned into a system where the owners exploit investors. So you better be careful on new ones.

ICO brought a huge demand for ethereum too.

I agree. I have been seeing many posts regarding companies that are giving too many promises with regards to convincing people to invest in their ICOs only to find out that it won't reach its supposed peak potential. Unfortunately, even if some companies don't really intent to scam people, it's just that difficult to build up without a budget which somehow forces them to do that. I guess if you're planning to continue on investing in ICOs, you need to be really diligent and critical with choosing and studying with regards to the background of the company proposing it.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Same as before m8. If you join in the period with highest bonuses and if you choose the right project; they are still profitable  Smiley

Thats true, but  with the advent of so much airdrop people prefer to join the airdrop recently. Most people attracted to free token, that when it hit exchanges and having a value the dump it immediately. Still I would prefer to invest in  establish company or startups for long term endeavor.
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

Yes but if you chose the Ico more wisely and if you have done an extensive research about the project and it's team. Then surely that ico will be a profitable venture for you. Beware of the scam ICO.
we can see and look for information about ICO that we will follow or we can ask for recommendation from our friend or bitcoin business group that we follow.
by choosing a good ICO we will get good results

juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:40:45 PM

As far as I can see, most of ICO projects will have a period that the prices are below the ICO prices, so if you are interested in some ICO project, you can buy some cheap coin after hitting the exchanges.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 80 »
  Print  

Jump to: