Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Crypto Currency FRANKO [v0.16][Resurrection]  (Read 233906 times)
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 12:55:20 AM

Thats a crazy low number! At that price one could buy every frk in existence for like 2 btc.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:57:03 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2016, 02:29:04 AM by PoolMinor

Thats a crazy low number! At that price one could buy every frk in existence for like 2 btc.

I guess the market showed the confidence level they had in FRK.

Edit:
I sold about 8k on Bittrex a couple of weeks or so ago.
The rest I sold OTC via a paper wallet, crypto-currency can be anonymous if traded like normal fiat paper.

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 01:17:38 AM

I wish FRK would have done a better job at capturing the hearts of the community. FRK suffered from being too honest during a time where nearly everyone wanted to get rich quick and honest hard work wasnt really valued. Had frk launched like 6 months earlier it would of done a lot better. Frk had and has its die hard fans, ones that still believe in the original, romantic ethos of crypto like decentralization, and honest currency. I'm so grateful for everyone that contributed to the community and contributed to the discussion. The ideas we came up with over the last 3 years will shape the future forever. Although FRK seems to be coming to an end for now, the ideas we dreamed of migrated to a platform they can actually exist and grow on. The limited scripting language in btc/frk made it so cumbersome to implement the FRK ideas.

I need to reevaluate the purpose of FRK's now. I'm open to all suggestions.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Barasha

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:15:02 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2016, 09:31:24 AM by Barasha

I wish FRK would have done a better job at capturing the hearts of the community. FRK suffered from being too honest during a time where nearly everyone wanted to get rich quick and honest hard work wasnt really valued. Had frk launched like 6 months earlier it would of done a lot better. Frk had and has its die hard fans, ones that still believe in the original, romantic ethos of crypto like decentralization, and honest currency. I'm so grateful for everyone that contributed to the community and contributed to the discussion. The ideas we came up with over the last 3 years will shape the future forever. Although FRK seems to be coming to an end for now, the ideas we dreamed of migrated to a platform they can actually exist and grow on. The limited scripting language in btc/frk made it so cumbersome to implement the FRK ideas.

Sounds like an obituary Grin
Someone sold cheap, but someone bought cheap 100k Shocked It was only 140 mining days.
Whatever it was, but FRK works for more than three damn years.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 01:14:53 PM

Someone sold cheap, but someone bought cheap 100k Shocked It was only 140 mining days.

hahaha Its not an obituary I promise. I'm not going to let it die, I'm still going to maintain the chain and in the meantime im going to search for a new reason for FRK to exist. Ive got a few ideas but im eager for any and all input. One thing I was thinking was starting a corporation and letting FRK represent the shares in that corporation, idk we can do something, in the meantime im just going to continue the maintenance I have been doing and keeping the chain ever moving forward. Because you are right, 3 years for a crypto to stay alive is in itself an accomplishment.

Fortune Favors the Brave
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:07:04 PM

Maybe add it to the Alexandria.io platform?

http://alexandria.io/browser/#/352b3ce95968fab43f154429f5ac39cd2e9474422d5385da1608319ab5b2544a

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:36:27 PM

hahaha Its not an obituary I promise. I'm not going to let it die, I'm still going to maintain the chain and in the meantime im going to search for a new reason for FRK to exist. Ive got a few ideas but im eager for any and all input. One thing I was thinking was starting a corporation and letting FRK represent the shares in that corporation, idk we can do something, in the meantime im just going to continue the maintenance I have been doing and keeping the chain ever moving forward. Because you are right, 3 years for a crypto to stay alive is in itself an accomplishment.

Franko is a great, solid coin with a great brand, graphics and history
I wish you would spend 50% of 'cointime' and developing etc on this coin and 50% on expanse
plus on your twitter for frankocurrency, let us know plans and work going on on Franko
would be great as seen nothing about Franko on that feed for a longtime

we can all keep faith if we see ongoing devwork, ideas and progress ongoing
thanks for everything so far, excited you may pick up workrate aain for this unsung hero of a coin. when I see that I will try and buy a decent holding.

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 07:44:32 PM

Franko is a great, solid coin with a great brand, graphics and history
I wish you would spend 50% of 'cointime' and developing etc on this coin and 50% on expanse
plus on your twitter for frankocurrency, let us know plans and work going on on Franko
would be great as seen nothing about Franko on that feed for a longtime

we can all keep faith if we see ongoing devwork, ideas and progress ongoing
thanks for everything so far, excited you may pick up workrate aain for this unsung hero of a coin. when I see that I will try and buy a decent holding.

Well thats the thing, Expanse as a platform is slightly more well suited for the ideas ive came up with, however what I have been looking into is forking counterparty once they get the EVM working and creating cross chain transactions betweek exp and frk.

Other ideas ive came up with were to turn FRK into real shares of a corporation. Not sure what it would offer yet but something.

As for the twitter, I have basically just turned it into my personal account because that is what its been for a while now.

Fortune Favors the Brave
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 09:03:45 AM

which nodes are active for franko?
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2016, 02:07:44 PM

which nodes are active for franko?

addnode=195.154.223.134:7912
addnode=198.27.81.114:7912
addnode=108.61.10.90:7912
addnode=193.227.134.111:7912
addnode=104.236.163.203:7912
addnode=146.0.32.101:7912
addnode=98.115.147.74:7912

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:25:29 PM

lol still got 1K Frankos <3
grey580

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:36:28 AM

Is there a windows miner for franko?
I got a core i7 that I want to mine with that's not doing anything.
grey580

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:03:32 PM

Duh... ok.

I finally got the miner. I got a recent copy of the blockchain as well.

Everything seems ok. But nothing so far.

08:02:08

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 2743854,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1.69271102,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 249702456,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"chain" : "main",
"generate" : false,
"hashespersec" : 0
}
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 02:50:29 PM

I'm working on something exciting for FRK in the near future.

Fortune Favors the Brave
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:48:50 AM

What is the total coin existing FRK Huh
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:45:47 PM

What is the total coin existing FRK Huh

http://cryptobe.com/chain/FrankoCoin

PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:50:37 AM

Duh... ok.

getmininginfo

{
"genproclimit" : -1,  --- This number is correct for using all cores. I prefer to set this to 7.
"generate" : false,  --- Should say true here
"hashespersec" : 0  ----- This number should be larger than zero
}

See Notes in Bold and Red ↑↑↑↑↑
Also not very likely to be able to mine this with a cpu (luck-wise) but feel free.

Command to mine using 7 out of 8 cores.
setgenerate true 7

Must have wallet unlocked in order to actually mine. Use command below

walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout time in seconds>
For example: walletpassphrase DrFranko 750000

Code:

getmininginfo

{
"blocks" : 2763537,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"difficulty" : 3.28395289,
"genproclimit" : 7,
"networkhashps" : 109201351,
"generate" : true,
"hashespersec" : 11113
}

ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:37:58 AM

Duh... ok.

getmininginfo

{
"genproclimit" : -1,
"generate" : false,
"hashespersec" : 0
}

What's the point of mining Scrypt with CPUs now? Even if you have free electricity, there are much more profitable algos.
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:14:42 PM

Really tough to move coins on the network without dedicated miners, I am certain my 300Kh/s won't make a dent in that difficulty.
Franko needs real support now - Dr Franko -, more than promises of future uses- Soon "Near Future" is not an actual time frame. Specificity in time would go a long way here. It is tough to invest in a coin that hasn't moved in 20+ hours.

defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 09:45:20 PM

The only way to fix it is to rent a miner..

Fortune Favors the Brave
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: