Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:19:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Crypto Currency FRANKO [v0.16][Resurrection]  (Read 233911 times)
johnray

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

Might be worth thinking more outside the forum etc. Have an email signup on the site (using aweber or getresponse) for people to signup to get the latest info via emails etc. Try and send out a weekly or bi monthly update etc. Course, might be harder now to get people to signup than if you had started closer to the beginning. Nice to see a coin that's been around for a long time and is still being worked on though.

We have those things on frankos.org already. I think our mailing list is up to about 600. We normally do a newsletter about once month. Or around every important announcement.
Does it? I couldn't find any place to signup with email. Maybe I'm just blind as I'm used to "in your face" stuff from the internet marketing world. Might want to give things a once over as well. The "Getting Started" link is 404 on myfirstfranko, that site has some images missing, and the faucet (I assume it was the original one) is gone (there is another one listed on myfirstfranko though). Can't seem to open frankopedia either but that could just be a temporary thing.

Maybe some folks have taken down their server. I'll get it all back up and redo the site. Its about time for it anyways ^_^

Franko is well active. Anyway when we see a lot of nonsense posts added every day on lately added coins. And a lot of broken development on other coins, that are more scam features than something really useful. I think that the back to basics idiom for a cryptocurrency is an important strategy. Anyway there is always other matters to talk about.
blockjoe

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:10:23 PM

Might be worth thinking more outside the forum etc. Have an email signup on the site (using aweber or getresponse) for people to signup to get the latest info via emails etc. Try and send out a weekly or bi monthly update etc. Course, might be harder now to get people to signup than if you had started closer to the beginning. Nice to see a coin that's been around for a long time and is still being worked on though.

We have those things on frankos.org already. I think our mailing list is up to about 600. We normally do a newsletter about once month. Or around every important announcement.
Does it? I couldn't find any place to signup with email. Maybe I'm just blind as I'm used to "in your face" stuff from the internet marketing world. Might want to give things a once over as well. The "Getting Started" link is 404 on myfirstfranko, that site has some images missing, and the faucet (I assume it was the original one) is gone (there is another one listed on myfirstfranko though). Can't seem to open frankopedia either but that could just be a temporary thing.

Maybe some folks have taken down their server. I'll get it all back up and redo the site. Its about time for it anyways ^_^

Franko is well active. Anyway when we see a lot of nonsense posts added every day on lately added coins. And a lot of broken development on other coins, that are more scam features than something really useful. I think that the back to basics idiom for a cryptocurrency is an important strategy. Anyway there is always other matters to talk about.

I agree with you.

2014 is a bad year for mature alternates; I still trust in fair coins, and Franko was well launched; and everything is fine since the beginning.

We see all around a bad game with scam operations every week. We may hope that people will check carefully what they are doing. Franko is trustworthy, something more and more difficult to find around us.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 06:12:49 PM

I agree with you.

2014 is a bad year for mature alternates; I still trust in fair coins, and Franko was well launched; and everything is fine since the beginning.

We see all around a bad game with scam operations every week. We may hope that people will check carefully what they are doing. Franko is trustworthy, something more and more difficult to find around us.

I think its intentional, some group of people are intentionally whoring the scammiest of the scammy coins to damage the altcoin rep. Its obvious when you follow the volume at exchanges. Any exchange willing to cater to the destruction of altcoins reputation will be rewarded with volume. Any exchange that has decided to be more choosy with who they add have lost nearly all of the volume they once had. I predict there will be a great return to time proven alternatives.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
blockjoe

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:28:35 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 11:16:05 PM by blockjoe

I agree with you.

I think its intentional, some group of people are intentionally whoring the scammiest of the scammy coins to damage the altcoin rep. Its obvious when you follow the volume at exchanges. Any exchange willing to cater to the destruction of altcoins reputation will be rewarded with volume. Any exchange that has decided to be more choosy with who they add have lost nearly all of the volume they once had. I predict there will be a great return to time proven alternatives.

Altcoins reputation is at stake, and a lot of people who try lately these high volume operation were scammed. Indeed pump and dump operations can be so easily done, on a new, and fresh coin. A group controlling the coin itself, and some large farms, and who are sure that the coin will be quickly added to an exchange. But, anyway such an operation is only a scam. And the large volume is initiated at the beginning by the group itself.  The exchange is involved in a way or another, these operations are not legit...
faraway

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:11:27 AM

I agree with you.

Altcoins reputation is at stake, and a lot of people who try lately these high volume operation were scammed. Indeed pump and dump operations can be so easily done, on a new, and fresh coin. A group controlling the coin itself, and some large farms, and who are sure that the coin will be quickly added to an exchange. But, anyway such an operation is only a scam. And the large volume is initiated at the beginning by the group itself.  The exchange is involved in a way or another, these operations are not legit...

To overcome the issues we are facing there is only one option. Going back to basics of cryptocurrencies, anyway lately we had a lot of scams operations, this impact good cryptos like Franko, trust is an important matter here.

We also faced huge dump operations in 2014; these operations were massive, and driven by multipools and huge farms. Anyway now this is not profitable at all, we may expect that some of these operators will definitely stop, and in a near future, they will be replaced by wiser ones, Anyway all now is a matter of patience.
justover

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:02:22 AM

I agree with you.

To overcome the issues we are facing there is only one option. Going back to basics of cryptocurrencies, anyway lately we had a lot of scams operations, this impact good cryptos like Franko, trust is an important matter here.

We also faced huge dump operations in 2014; these operations were massive, and driven by multipools and huge farms. Anyway now this is not profitable at all, we may expect that some of these operators will definitely stop, and in a near future, they will be replaced by wiser ones, Anyway all now is a matter of patience.

The situation may recover in the months to come. A lot of people have learn from their mistakes; and a good coin is always positive.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:45:24 PM

I completely agree with what everyone is saying and its very encouraging to me to see so many others that share the same feelings as I do about the current situation in crypto. May the odds be forever in our favor! A unified body is an unstoppable body.

Fortune Favors the Brave
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:07:02 PM

New Franko Website design. Check it out!

http://www.frankos.org

Fortune Favors the Brave
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

New Franko Website design. Check it out!

http://www.frankos.org

Great work!

Thank you Smiley its like 80% done still gotta flesh some docs and stuff in.

Fortune Favors the Brave
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:48:46 PM

ty ty

Fortune Favors the Brave
roundmaster

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:00:44 PM

A good thread; And a good coin.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 04:25:28 PM

thank you for all of your kind words

Fortune Favors the Brave
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:42:58 AM

I predict there will be a great return to time proven alternatives. -defaced

Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 02:06:12 PM

So what is everyones strengths skills and talents?

If we could come together and focus our energy on identifying our needs and then getting them completed we could move mountains.

Fortune Favors the Brave
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 11:23:06 AM

soooo none of yall have any skills you can contribute to the frk community lol okie dokie..

well thats ok. Still had a great time at @cryprolina cryptocurrency expo over the weekend. We had a really nice turn out, FRK was the FIRST booth that everyone got to see while walking in. We had an amazing turn out. There was a tremendous level of support being shown for FRK at the convention.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Barasha

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:36:28 PM

important thing! show yourself, get new friends and contacts. unique experience! respect.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 01:05:46 PM

important thing! show yourself, get new friends and contacts. unique experience! respect.

Thanks, I did alot of interviews with various news outlets. Smiley

Fortune Favors the Brave
serio79

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:58:53 PM

Bought some FRK . very cheap now  Cool
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:11:01 PM

Bought some FRK . very cheap now  Cool

Its what ive been doing too Smiley I feel like if we can collectively gain a huge share of the market we could use them to get projects built. well that is the dream anyways.

Fortune Favors the Brave
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:13:38 PM

How does everyone feel about adding multiple proofs of work to the Franko blockchain? Myriad style.

Some of the algos I want to add.

Sha256
Neoscrypt
Sha3

and the other standard myriad algos.

I feel like the multialgo solution not only helps support our chain against 51% it also adds new ways to earn FRK while working for the DAC.

Something else that is very much in pre planning drafting is Proof of Mesh.

Proof of Mesh is born:
Franko needs a way to transmit data between nodes in order for the nodes to reach consensus. Currently Franko connects nodes to each other via the internet. In the event that the internet can’t be accessed by a node to reach consensus, a backup method needs to be in place. That backup plan is a mesh network.

A mesh network is a network topology in which each node (called a mesh node) relays data for the network. All nodes cooperate in the distribution of data in the network. Proof of mesh is a “proof of task system” that incentivizes participation in the mesh network. By rewarding participants with FRK in return for acting as a mesh node Franko can increase the amount of mesh nodes in existence and therefore increase the fault tolerance of Franko and the Internet.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: