Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 09:25:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55197 times)
Steven3iii

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:18:59 AM

30gh @750w is way over optimistic. knowing how A4 ended in fiasco, my guess is it's going to be 20gh @ 1500w i say this because they haven't tested the chip yet and everything they advertise is based on simulation tests.

....And it will sound like you have moved next to an airport. The fan on the PSU @ 1600w alone will sound like an industrial park. And 1600w is probably low for 85% efficiency. Good luck finding a power supply, and with the household noise complaints. Grin

Your girlfriend does not care what DASH is. She cannot hear the TV. Roll Eyes

Fucking kek, this is so true. My girlfriend hates that humming/screaming noise coming from my other ASIC

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up??? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-Airflow-New-4-x-12-Noise-Reducer-Silencer-D3-L3-S9-APW3-/192275628652?hash=item2cc485426c:g:TD8AAOSwBppZkPey

Muffle it.. lol.

From the link above.........

Brand New 4" x 12" Noise Reducer for use with Bitmain Antminer D3, L3+, L3, T9, S9, and S7.

Antminers are quite loud, with recent batches testing up to 85 Decibels per unit. For comfort, convenience, and to keep your loved ones or landlord happy, simply attach a duct with our noise reducer to your miner.

Bitmain has designed Antminers with a 4" exhaust that can be connected to the high durability, semi-rigid aluminum ducts that we offer in another listing and in our Ebay store. You simply clamp the ducts onto the miners in order to redirect the hot air away from the intake. You can direct the hot air out of a nearby window using a vent. You can also connect multiple ducts together before attaching to a vent, thus ensuring all heat exhaust is properly contained and disposed. 

Additionally, you can use this noise reducer to help absorb the sound of the Antminer intake and exhaust fans. 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Remember, ANTMINERS ARE LOUD BECAUSE THEY HAVE TWO FANS - one on the intake and one on the exhaust - for this reason, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND TWO SILENCERS PER ANTMINER. 

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAHAAHA

85 Db and you need two...you might be better off buying a bag of marbles and throwing them at family members that mention the noise. Until they leave. Roll Eyes

That is hearing damage levels over time...they should be selling these attached with the product for safe use.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
andreysmol

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:40:03 AM

Nice piece, but price is too high ,for mind $7000 would
 be reasonable
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:01:17 AM

Are these shipping yet?

if so what is the timeline on units that may have shipped

and/or

future batches ship dates?

curious

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:21:59 AM

Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

Inno's batch 1 does not ship until October.  On their web site they are setting up for pre-orders for batch 2 with a November ship date.  So we are still talking quite some time yet before they start shipping.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:06:55 PM

Nice piece, but price is too high ,for mind $7000 would
 be reasonable

Price is not the issue, IF they could ship it right now or even in September...they can charge even $15k if people can get it today
But, in Oct or even Nov? excuse me, who pays $10k for this will definitely wait for a long long long time to get ROI... Shocked

hackmyl1fe

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:21:51 PM

Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

Inno's batch 1 does not ship until October.  On their web site they are setting up for pre-orders for batch 2 with a November ship date.  So we are still talking quite some time yet before they start shipping.

And we don't know whether or not it will meet the specs right?
mateuscmsp

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

I'm new to this business. So tell me you are on the market some time or have some experience, I understand that the market is not predictable, but I believe there are standards and we can observe an average durability or rather saying profitability and what studies say, or What your experience says .... What would be the average time to profitability for a D3 until a next upgrade? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years Huh What would be the time interval for upgrading these machines Huh

Thank you

Welcome to crypto where there is no way to predict anything.  Dare I remind people on the forum that were were looking at $650 BTC last year?  Just as fast as a bull market comes so does the BEAR MARKET.  If you have a time frame of multiple years and are not in a hurry to get profit then crypto might be for you.  Right at this moment we are seeing a strange blow out on BTC and the markets have been mostly bullish since the beginning of the year.  So we see a lot of people chasing the market.  Not sure that I would price anything based on todays values.  

I would say as long as your patient and are willing to work through the insanity of the wild fluctuations and play your cards right I know some people here on the forum that have done very well for themselves.  So I try to follow their example.

How long will this equipment last?  Honestly if Inno were to price match or even get close to price matching Bitmain with the A5 we could all be forced to upgrade our gear by the end of the year.  That kind of hash rate and efficiency would force everyone to upgrade.  It is a risk if you buy the D3 that the Pindea, iBelink, or Inno folks who are making a more efficient miner could take the fight to Bitmain in pricing.  Their more efficient rigs would make the D3 old news very fast.  The only thing in Bitmain's favor at the moment is price.

So how long will your investment be good?  It may be a bad investment right now if any of the other manufacturers decided to challenge Bitmain on pricing.  Hardware cycles tend to reflect profit.  If there is profit to be made then there is hardware coming to market and it can be an endless cycle and you may not ROI on the gear.  When the profits are little or none then the hardware market dries up and your investment may last a lot longer, but the profits are really thin if anything.  So the fact we see hardware showing up just means it is profitable at the moment.  It also means that new hardware can quickly appear that makes your investment obsolete very quickly.  Right now we already see equipment announced that makes the D3 obsolete if not for price.  So buckle up it could be a bumpy ride.

New people only see the "right now" and think this is the norm.  Even some people who have been around for a while quickly forget what mining was like 12 months ago at this time.  Then everyone acts shocked when the markets do what markets do, there are rises and falls.  Are we going back to $650 BTC?  Maybe, maybe even lower, maybe much much higher.  There is no norm in crypto.  

Thank you very much for your response, it helped me to have another vision, something more realistic.
Now tell me, only the Chinese can produce these machines, the US does not want to enter the market too?
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:00:39 PM

Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

I'm new to this business. So tell me you are on the market some time or have some experience, I understand that the market is not predictable, but I believe there are standards and we can observe an average durability or rather saying profitability and what studies say, or What your experience says .... What would be the average time to profitability for a D3 until a next upgrade? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years Huh What would be the time interval for upgrading these machines Huh

Thank you

Welcome to crypto where there is no way to predict anything.  Dare I remind people on the forum that were were looking at $650 BTC last year?  Just as fast as a bull market comes so does the BEAR MARKET.  If you have a time frame of multiple years and are not in a hurry to get profit then crypto might be for you.  Right at this moment we are seeing a strange blow out on BTC and the markets have been mostly bullish since the beginning of the year.  So we see a lot of people chasing the market.  Not sure that I would price anything based on todays values.  

I would say as long as your patient and are willing to work through the insanity of the wild fluctuations and play your cards right I know some people here on the forum that have done very well for themselves.  So I try to follow their example.

How long will this equipment last?  Honestly if Inno were to price match or even get close to price matching Bitmain with the A5 we could all be forced to upgrade our gear by the end of the year.  That kind of hash rate and efficiency would force everyone to upgrade.  It is a risk if you buy the D3 that the Pindea, iBelink, or Inno folks who are making a more efficient miner could take the fight to Bitmain in pricing.  Their more efficient rigs would make the D3 old news very fast.  The only thing in Bitmain's favor at the moment is price.

So how long will your investment be good?  It may be a bad investment right now if any of the other manufacturers decided to challenge Bitmain on pricing.  Hardware cycles tend to reflect profit.  If there is profit to be made then there is hardware coming to market and it can be an endless cycle and you may not ROI on the gear.  When the profits are little or none then the hardware market dries up and your investment may last a lot longer, but the profits are really thin if anything.  So the fact we see hardware showing up just means it is profitable at the moment.  It also means that new hardware can quickly appear that makes your investment obsolete very quickly.  Right now we already see equipment announced that makes the D3 obsolete if not for price.  So buckle up it could be a bumpy ride.

New people only see the "right now" and think this is the norm.  Even some people who have been around for a while quickly forget what mining was like 12 months ago at this time.  Then everyone acts shocked when the markets do what markets do, there are rises and falls.  Are we going back to $650 BTC?  Maybe, maybe even lower, maybe much much higher.  There is no norm in crypto.  

Thank you very much for your response, it helped me to have another vision, something more realistic.
Now tell me, only the Chinese can produce these machines, the US does not want to enter the market too?

Right now all of the miners I am aware of are being produced in China.  I am sure others can chime in with greater understanding that I have. 

China is the place to manufacture things for the best price point at the moment.  Miners are done in small batches and share production lines with other chips and board makers and are done as capacity is available to run these batches. 

That is my understanding of the process.   There are some people on the forum that can give you the detailed view of how this is all done.

Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:03:57 PM

Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

Yes, that will be true for all of these miners that have just been announced.  We won't know how stable, reliable, hash rate, or real power consumption will be until the first production units are out.  So it is a big gamble with all of these.

So far I have only seen very short video of the DM11G and the Pinidea 17ghs units running.  But to short to be very meaningful.  I think a lot of us were hoping to see some of these miners in action by now from iBelink.   
sil2222

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:22:52 PM

Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

Yes, that will be true for all of these miners that have just been announced.  We won't know how stable, reliable, hash rate, or real power consumption will be until the first production units are out.  So it is a big gamble with all of these.

So far I have only seen very short video of the DM11G and the Pinidea 17ghs units running.  But to short to be very meaningful.  I think a lot of us were hoping to see some of these miners in action by now from iBelink.   

Go to Dash forum Ibelink support and you can see a lot Dm11g posting problems with miners. Some are mining at 7.5 ghs some at 8 ghs a few dead boards. IT seems Ibelink does not have best quality control and if 1 of you boards fails owner has  to do the board removal which sounds like a PITA.
gauldicus

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:00:03 AM

Can't wait to see a finished a5 dashmaster in action. Will be pretty sad for those people who paid 10k if it's even a third below its spec.
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:20:47 AM

Are these shipping yet?

and/or

curious

Go to Dash forum Ibelink support and you can see a lot Dm11g posting problems with miners. Some are mining at 7.5 ghs some at 8 ghs a few dead boards. IT seems Ibelink does not have best quality control and if 1 of you boards fails owner has  to do the board removal which sounds like a PITA.

Yikeeesss!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
youni

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:19:04 PM

Those problems all seem to stem from temperature issues that the miner is being subjected to.  They are letting the machine run hot which is triggering the software to lower it's settings. That's why they are all reporting 7gh/s or 8gh/s.  Once the temperature was lowered, they were getting the expected hashrate of 11gh/s
sevenmiles

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:39:08 PM

Can't wait to see a finished a5 dashmaster in action. Will be pretty sad for those people who paid 10k if it's even a third below its spec.

I was already all set and ready to pay $10k for an A5 pre-order, and my wife stopped me...I am glad that she did so...
now i am not sure 10k for one A5 could get ROI for how many months? or ever ROI? Undecided Lips sealed Embarrassed

Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:30:26 PM

Those problems all seem to stem from temperature issues that the miner is being subjected to.  They are letting the machine run hot which is triggering the software to lower it's settings. That's why they are all reporting 7gh/s or 8gh/s.  Once the temperature was lowered, they were getting the expected hashrate of 11gh/s

I read one of the threads over there is morning anything over 35c and the chips start getting weird... Sounds like you better keep these in a climate controlled environment or expect problems on the DM11G.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:33:57 PM

I was already all set and ready to pay $10k for an A5 pre-order, and my wife stopped me...I am glad that she did so...
now i am not sure 10k for one A5 could get ROI for how many months? or ever ROI? Undecided Lips sealed Embarrassed

Your wife is a wise woman... All this hash will be pointed at mostly Dash.  I don't know how long it will take for a Bitmain D3 at $1500 to ROI let alone a 10k miner unless it was shipping today you won't likely ROI any time soon.
sil2222

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:01:54 PM

I read one of the threads over there is morning anything over 35c and the chips start getting weird... Sounds like you better keep these in a climate controlled environment or expect problems on the DM11G.

yup it seems DM11G is very temperamental and temp 35c triggers all sort of problems. I cannot imagine trying to keep a miner that powerful running at 35c. In fact most PC builds ive ever built I was only been able to obtain a steady temperature of 40c-45c and these are computers that are only running a few hours a day. Ibelink miner is meant to run 24h day every day how can you achieve 35 C in these conditions ? The Ibelink DM11G sounds like it may be a fail hash rates are not consistent and boards are prone to wonky behavior at low temps . I can only speculate that these fragile boards may not have a long life span since low temp causes erratic function which may be a sign of premature board failure in the future.
youni

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:31:46 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 06:46:23 PM by youni

I'm not seeing where it says the miner starts going wonky at 35C, I'll have to browse through the thread again.  Also, what's so hard about keeping the miner at 35C?  I have mine running for 2 days and it's been steady around 30C to 35C, just running in a room with central a/c.

https://ibb.co/ftAc2F
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:53:42 AM

Your wife is a wise woman... All this hash will be pointed at mostly Dash.  I don't know how long it will take for a Bitmain D3 at $1500 to ROI let alone a 10k miner unless it was shipping today you won't likely ROI any time soon.

To those in the A5, D3 and DM11G boats, I say good luck. You're definitely going to need it. It's going to be an all-out war on X11/Dash come September. Pulling up some popcorn to watch this battle unfold...
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 01:17:28 PM

To those in the A5, D3 and DM11G boats, I say good luck. You're definitely going to need it. It's going to be an all-out war on X11/Dash come September. Pulling up some popcorn to watch this battle unfold...

A5 and DMG11G boats is no good, but u prolly can get back on your money. Dash up up up, 250$ for now, with this DM11G first batch release, we get more dollars per day them before cause of the price up. D3 batch for september 18-25 september, will be the real winner ( proud of my self first asic buy, on first batch x2 ) ... Specially if DASH climb price after hashrate bomb ... Anyway nobody can predict future, but i am a crypto enthusiast Wink 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: