Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:36:48 PM

Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:44:37 PM

Im a bit wary of the A5 because of the experience with the A4. The hashrate dropped significantly and the power requirements grew over time prior to release. Worried the same might happen here.
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

I'd be surprised if they were not off this time  Grin
mateuscmsp

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:34:32 PM

Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

I'm new to this business. So tell me you are on the market some time or have some experience, I understand that the market is not predictable, but I believe there are standards and we can observe an average durability or rather saying profitability and what studies say, or What your experience says .... What would be the average time to profitability for a D3 until a next upgrade? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years Huh What would be the time interval for upgrading these machines Huh

Thank you
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:10:47 PM

Time and difficulty work against us.  So I don't think anyone can afford to wait for Inno to drop price.  If they do then great add some A5's, but until then your best bet is to add hashing power as quickly a reasonably possible.

X11 is going to get crushed with all this hashing power as it is.  Only the first miners online have the best shot of a reasonable ROI.

I'm new to this business. So tell me you are on the market some time or have some experience, I understand that the market is not predictable, but I believe there are standards and we can observe an average durability or rather saying profitability and what studies say, or What your experience says .... What would be the average time to profitability for a D3 until a next upgrade? 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years Huh What would be the time interval for upgrading these machines Huh

Thank you

Welcome to crypto where there is no way to predict anything.  Dare I remind people on the forum that were were looking at $650 BTC last year?  Just as fast as a bull market comes so does the BEAR MARKET.  If you have a time frame of multiple years and are not in a hurry to get profit then crypto might be for you.  Right at this moment we are seeing a strange blow out on BTC and the markets have been mostly bullish since the beginning of the year.  So we see a lot of people chasing the market.  Not sure that I would price anything based on todays values.  

I would say as long as your patient and are willing to work through the insanity of the wild fluctuations and play your cards right I know some people here on the forum that have done very well for themselves.  So I try to follow their example.

How long will this equipment last?  Honestly if Inno were to price match or even get close to price matching Bitmain with the A5 we could all be forced to upgrade our gear by the end of the year.  That kind of hash rate and efficiency would force everyone to upgrade.  It is a risk if you buy the D3 that the Pindea, iBelink, or Inno folks who are making a more efficient miner could take the fight to Bitmain in pricing.  Their more efficient rigs would make the D3 old news very fast.  The only thing in Bitmain's favor at the moment is price.

So how long will your investment be good?  It may be a bad investment right now if any of the other manufacturers decided to challenge Bitmain on pricing.  Hardware cycles tend to reflect profit.  If there is profit to be made then there is hardware coming to market and it can be an endless cycle and you may not ROI on the gear.  When the profits are little or none then the hardware market dries up and your investment may last a lot longer, but the profits are really thin if anything.  So the fact we see hardware showing up just means it is profitable at the moment.  It also means that new hardware can quickly appear that makes your investment obsolete very quickly.  Right now we already see equipment announced that makes the D3 obsolete if not for price.  So buckle up it could be a bumpy ride.

New people only see the "right now" and think this is the norm.  Even some people who have been around for a while quickly forget what mining was like 12 months ago at this time.  Then everyone acts shocked when the markets do what markets do, there are rises and falls.  Are we going back to $650 BTC?  Maybe, maybe even lower, maybe much much higher.  There is no norm in crypto.  
faxxer

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:04:09 PM

Thank you

You can't predict a random number. In the end who jumped into the ship earlier will profit the most.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:45:19 PM

30gh @750w is way over optimistic. knowing how A4 ended in fiasco, my guess is it's going to be 20gh @ 1500w i say this because they haven't tested the chip yet and everything they advertise is based on simulation tests.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:54:45 PM

30gh @750w is way over optimistic. knowing how A4 ended in fiasco, my guess is it's going to be 20gh @ 1500w i say this because they haven't tested the chip yet and everything they advertise is based on simulation tests.
Amen brother...
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:57:35 PM

Agreed, there is a huge difference between how a single chip tests on a bench vs how it runs packaged on hash boards with other chips.  We saw that pretty clearly with the A4 that the chip by itself appears to run very well, but not so hot when put on hash board with other chips.  Hash rate dropped and power consumption went up. 

So it would be wise to wait and see what a running A5 looks like before thinking of spending any money.  Regardless even if it ran according to the spec they posted I would not spend 10k for one. 
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 08:05:30 PM

I agree with you folks on the hash rate case.
I don't think they even had a whole hash board prototype ready when they announced technical specs.

Steven3iii

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:35:48 AM

....And it will sound like you have moved next to an airport. The fan on the PSU @ 1600w alone will sound like an industrial park. And 1600w is probably low for 85% efficiency. Good luck finding a power supply, and with the household noise complaints. Grin

Your girlfriend does not care what DASH is. She cannot hear the TV. Roll Eyes

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hackmyl1fe

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:39:27 AM

....And it will sound like you have moved next to an airport. The fan on the PSU @ 1600w alone will sound like an industrial park. And 1600w is probably low for 85% efficiency. Good luck finding a power supply, and with the household noise complaints. Grin

Fucking kek, this is so true. My girlfriend hates that humming/screaming noise coming from my other ASIC
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:07:24 AM

Fucking kek, this is so true. My girlfriend hates that humming/screaming noise coming from my other ASIC

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up??? 
Steven3iii

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:47:40 AM

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up??? 

They like it when you pay for something online with shitcoins, and then it arrives in a couple days in real life. But they always have that grimace when it is discussed or someone makes the mistake of asking what the noise is.

My baikals are pretty tame. I have a server cupboard to put them in that ''looks nice'' and this reduces the noise.

But I am not running a farm of ibelink turboprops in my living room. Good luck with the five minute window you have to ROI on those as well.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:54:02 AM

Ok, I am losing my mind... but I am putting some feelers out to see who might be interested in a Pinidea group buy...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2090378.msg20883360#msg20883360

If you might be interested please post to that thread and lets see where it might lead.
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:20:09 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-Airflow-New-4-x-12-Noise-Reducer-Silencer-D3-L3-S9-APW3-/192275628652?hash=item2cc485426c:g:TD8AAOSwBppZkPey

Muffle it.. lol.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:26:13 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-Airflow-New-4-x-12-Noise-Reducer-Silencer-D3-L3-S9-APW3-/192275628652?hash=item2cc485426c:g:TD8AAOSwBppZkPey

Muffle it.. lol.

I knew as soon as the louder miners showed up I was going to need some hearing protection.  So I went looking for some of those hearing protectors for loud noises like shooting guns and stuff.  I have to say they work pretty good, I can barely hear HER whining and complaining anymore...  LOL
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:48:04 AM

My wife doesn't like the sound of even my quiet miners.  Imagine the response when the loud miners showed up???  

Muffle it.. lol.

I knew as soon as the louder miners showed up I was going to need some hearing protection.  So I went looking for some of those hearing protectors for loud noises like shooting guns and stuff.  I have to say they work pretty good, I can barely hear HER whining and complaining anymore...  LOL

Grin Grin Grin thanks for the good laugh.

Quick question why dont these guys make a larger diameter fan attachment as optional 360 or 480 or even 840mm.
That way you dont try to suck in the entire world in one go and shit it out the other.
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 04:10:25 AM

I wonder if this concept works well, hopefully someone puts up a vid about these tubes Smiley
From what i read the material they used there is mostly recommended to avoid reflections of sound in rooms or so.
In the industrial environment they use massive rubber-foam-mats to silence machines. These mats are heavy.
Building an enclosure for the miners should be much more cheap than these muffle-thingies.
Will see which solution i go with in the end. After all winter is coming and free heating is always good Wink
faxxer

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:32:40 AM

The hashrate is monster but if based on cost vs the antminer, it 3x times price of antminer d3 Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: