Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 04:34:39 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum moderation policy  (Read 413226 times)
bountyportals

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:49:22 PM

I heard something wrong is going on with the current threads being escalated here and there.
Is this thing stiill going to continue or we should wait for its clean-action?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AntonioE

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:18:13 AM

Almost all of my comments are being deleted by a random Mod I don't know why.

My comments are just like

Thank you for the airdrop!

I will support the token , success.

Something like that, why is that being delete?
hilariousetc

Activity: 672

Need a Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/RCaXQk

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:25:05 AM

Why don't you read the rules and the sticky in the bounty section? They're being deleted for being utterly pointless spam:

Anyone posting info from their bounty application (usernames, addresses, etc.) or anything alongside the lines of "joined X", "looking forward to getting X", "thanks for the opportunity", "filled out form", "signed up for X", "applied", "following / liked / retweeted X" when such data is not required or the requirement is against the forum's rules risk having their account banned. These are extremely low quality posts generate massive amounts of spam, drowning out any legitimate discussion these threads may posses.

Those sorts of posts serve no purpose at all other than people trying to rank up their accounts.

AntonioE

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:08:34 AM

Why don't you read the rules and the sticky in the bounty section? They're being deleted for being utterly pointless spam:

Anyone posting info from their bounty application (usernames, addresses, etc.) or anything alongside the lines of "joined X", "looking forward to getting X", "thanks for the opportunity", "filled out form", "signed up for X", "applied", "following / liked / retweeted X" when such data is not required or the requirement is against the forum's rules risk having their account banned. These are extremely low quality posts generate massive amounts of spam, drowning out any legitimate discussion these threads may posses.

Those sorts of posts serve no purpose at all other than people trying to rank up their accounts.

Well some Token require to have forum post of each member who wants to join a specific token. If they delete it nobody will meet the requirements.
hilariousetc

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:22:57 AM

Then those threads are breaking the rules and if spotted or reported will be trashcanned.

AntonioE

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:45:48 AM

Then those threads are breaking the rules and if spotted or reported will be trashcanned.

Okay in that case they should regulate it and stop them from requiring members to post in the forum so that everyone is free to join
Realist247

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 10:38:40 PM

Okay in that case they should regulate it and stop them from requiring members to post in the forum so that everyone is free to join

An easier solution is that you take English classes or find an English speaker and spend as much time with them as humanly possibly so your "sense" isn't complete nonsense and also has SUBSTANCE.
fedorkr6

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:36:20 PM

how do we outline spamming or flaming...
fedora8

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:10:56 AM

Referral spam, yes. No need to have to make however yet another subject about a service just to encourage your referral link.
sehanmaxx01

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:29:45 AM

What about low content posts with the code in the signature Shocked Shocked
howtobuy

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:37:28 PM

When there are several posts every second - how the moderator will manage to review if post is meaningful enough and well written?
Omang7778

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:38:52 PM

Look all the stickies especially in Meta board and also Unofficial rules. And as you have limit in searching, you can use external services like Google, just use site:bitcointalk.org after the word/line you want to search, eg: Unofficial rules site:bitcointalk.org
The Pharmacist

Activity: 980

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:18:30 PM

Does anyone else get the feeling that a lot of noob shitposters--probably account farmers as well--are posting garbage in these stickied threads?  I'm thinking they've learned that their posts get deleted in the spam threads when the whole thread gets nuked, so they're posting on ones they know aren't going to be.  Or maybe that's just my cynicism and paranoia speaking here.  Still, I think the theory has some validity.   I've recently reported a few zero value posts from stickied threads. 

███           ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄           ███       ▀███          ▀██▄ ▄██▀          ███▀
            ███         ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄         ███         ███          ▀█████           ███
            ███       ▄███▀            ▀███▄       ███          ▀██▄         ▄███▄         ▄██▀
            ███      ███▀                ▀███      ███            ███       ███▀███       ███
            ███     ███▀                  ▀███     ███             ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███               ███▄██▀       ▀██▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                ▀███▀         ▀███▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███     ███▄                  ▄███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███      ███▄                ▄███      ███                 ███           ███
           ███▀       ▀███▄            ▄███▀       ▀███                ███           ███
██▄▄▄  ▄▄▄███▀          ▀████▄▄    ▄▄████▀          ▀███▄▄▄  ▄▄▄██     ███           ███
▀▀████████▀▀              ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀              ▀▀████████▀▀     ███           ███
........T H E   F U T U R E.................
......................o f   B E A U T Y

▀█▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀█▄      ▄▄███▀▀▀▀
    ▄██     ▀▀▀     ▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▄ ██         ▄     ▀▀██▄
▀█▀█▀█▀▄       █▄     ▄██▀
               ▀████████
               ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

▄▄
     ▀█▀▀▀

█▄
     ███████▀▀▀
    █▄
      ▀▀▀▀▀
hilariousetc

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:52:57 PM

No, you're right, they are posting shit but probably not because they know the thread won't get deleted. A lot of them will be using bots so maybe it just chooses the top thread and a lot of them are just copying posts from earlier in the thread as well. I nuke both instances.

prtty2gal2

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:35:40 AM

rules are rules. these rules are good.only content relative to respective  topic this one is good idea .it's very impressive.i am new i will always follow this.
We all know that thousands of posts are being uploaded every second and then it becomes a difficult job for the moderator to cope up with the situation well.

I think the best policy that  is worth following in this case includes the consideration of following contents as inappropriate one such as personal information regarding any one, use of foul language and uploading the content that is highly sensitive such as  link for any website or so. The moderator can do his job in the best way only showing the content related to the topic and avoiding all other.

▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
   ▄████▄             ▄█████████▄
 ▄████████▄         ▄███████████▀
███████████       ▄██████████████
▀██████████▄  ▄▄▄ ▀█████████████▀
  ▀███████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
       ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▀
        ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀▀
       █████████████████
        ▀██████████████▌
    ▄████▄▀██████████████▄
  ▄████████▄▀█████████████▌
 ████████████ ▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▄███▄
 ▄██████████▀        ▀▀▀▄███████▄
  ▀███████▀             █████████
    ▀▀ ▀▀                ▀█████▀
                           ▀▀▀
XENIO

......BLOCKCHAIN FOR GAMERS......
▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⬢ ⬢ ▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   REDDIT   FACEBOOK   SLACK

Nana21

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:44:46 PM

Can you please refer me to thread that spell out all the short words or abbreviation that is regular used at bitcointalk post?
hilariousetc

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:05:02 AM

Can you please refer me to thread that spell out all the short words or abbreviation that is regular used at bitcointalk post?

I don't think there is one. What words or abbreviations are you confused about? I'm sure somebody could help you out or write one up if there's demand but I don't recall seeing many native to here so a quick google search may be all that's needed.

Yazrielle

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:57:49 PM

1. Free speech
But why does my posts been deleted? All my post are related to the thread but it was removed im polite and i have manners,but still my posts are dumped. Can't understand.
Sarah08

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:04:00 PM

How difficult would it be to implement a voting system for posts using the current forum software?

That would lead to  a large scale of moderation which would limit free speech as opposed to nudging posts towards civility and relevant content with a given group.

I still believe that the large pools should have their own subgroups Smiley
The forum moderation policy is very good. One point though; I think that you should remove "uninteresting" since that is completely subjective and there is no way an honest post can avoid it (readers determine interest, not the poster).  I think that "pointless" covers it well and is much more objective within the context of a group and easily covers "intentionally uninteresting. It is so nice and helpful that bitcoin is so amazing and so awesome.

whalez

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:21:03 PM

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

What's NSFW content?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.