Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you received your refund or unit yet?
Yes - 10 (38.5%)
No - 16 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [3] countdown!  (Read 56580 times)
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:49:35 PM

No, you imply that Batch #2 has shipped which is plain wrong. About 30 machines of the 600 have been shipped. It's widely publicized that was a test of the new shipping channel.
>implying "arrived" == "shipped"
>implying people from feb18 aren't already getting their ASIC

In the last newsletter, Avalon (Yifu) states that their new SMT line came online only last weekend. They can produce at best parts for about 50 avalon units per day.

Monday to Wednesday is a public holiday in China right now, so don't expect an shipping this week.
I like how they just shipped on june the 10th, which is supposed to be a holiday.

So from next week on, you might see 50 units ship per day, that means it will take them at least 2 weeks to produce parts and assemble units for Batch #2. That means at least 3 more weeks until most of the Batch #2 units start to arrive.
where are you pulling the 50 units per day from?

Then we have to move to all the special cases in Batch #2, which have not been sorted out yet, probably all those who have an unconfirmed order from Walletbit in Batch #2 wave 1.

That will be another week of work, at least.
Why would that take a week?

Then we have all the RMA issues that will pop up.

It's clear to say Batch #2 has NOT SHIPPED
how does RMA issues imply "not shipped"? I'm not following your logic.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grue
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:55:52 PM

Batch 3,

3 orders

all 66XX

none shipped, no word from Avalon. Sad
We had word on monday, actually. New SMT line is up and running, production is full steam ahead, expect shipment soon.
may you give us any source for that please?
their newsletter

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:00:43 PM

Here is the archive of the newsletters.

This would be the June 10th update:

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/home/?u=238a9ecd2e5192e3cd3ace26d&id=9bf987f2aa
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:03:53 PM

Batch#2 was not even shipped. No chance for batch#3.
What we can do now is train our patience and wait.
This
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:07:34 PM

>implying "arrived" == "shipped"

They are "shipping". "Shipped" implies all units have been produced and have been dropped off at the DHL dock and all delays now are due to transit issues.

I like how they just shipped on june the 10th, which is supposed to be a holiday.

I'm amazed too. You doubt there is a holiday for factories this week Monday to Wednesday?

where are you pulling the 50 units per day from?

The new SMT line was supposed to double the capacity

Yifu mentioned it at Bitcoin2013:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211593.msg2219799#msg2219799

Then we have to move to all the special cases in Batch #2, which have not been sorted out yet, probably all those who have an unconfirmed order from Walletbit in Batch #2 wave 1.

Do you realize how many Batch #2 wave 1 walletbit issues there are? All of those need to be handled, and at the current speed they work their way through their tickets, it might take longer than a week. Have you ever opened a ticket at their system? :-)

Ask those from Batch #1 who are still waiting for either replacement parts or even their shipment. They were supposed to be dealt with before Batch #2 ships out

Anyways there are 2 threads about Batch #2,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146451.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167726.0

I invite you to post your hypothesis that Batch #2 has fulled been shipped and see how the bulk of open orders reacts...

As for Batch #3, back to your initial post

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203745.msg2434796#msg2434796

the reality is Batch #3 owners are not to expect their units soon. End of June would be even optimistic...

Prove me wrong though ;-)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:12:49 PM

the reality is Batch #3 owners are not to expect their units soon. End of June would be even optimistic...

+1

Batch #2 has not been shipped yet. Only few units were shipped to test the new delivery channels.

Then you have trade-ins....(that supposed to ship before a full batch #2 roll out)

So, I say expect batch #3 sometime in August/September...with difficulty around 150M

Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:51:21 AM

Batch 3,

3 orders

all 66XX

none shipped, no word from Avalon. Sad
We had word on monday, actually. New SMT line is up and running, production is full steam ahead, expect shipment soon.
may you give us any source for that please?
Suuuuuure, email I received:

https://i.imgur.com/j9qMdi4.png

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:05:07 PM

Old news already
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:29:35 PM

I got tired of waiting, finally I sold my Avalon B3.

I still feel a little bad because I sold before the update.

Good luck to all!
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:30:46 PM

I got tired of waiting, finally I sold my Avalon B3.

I still feel a little bad because I sold before the update.

Good luck to all!

same here.

grue
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 02:12:48 PM

Do you realize how many Batch #2 wave 1 walletbit issues there are? All of those need to be handled, and at the current speed they work their way through their tickets, it might take longer than a week. Have you ever opened a ticket at their system? :-)
but how does that take a week? most of the delays would be from communication between walletbit and avalon. But that wouldn't cause any delays because they can be making units simultaneously.

Ask those from Batch #1 who are still waiting for either replacement parts or even their shipment. They were supposed to be dealt with before Batch #2 ships out

Anyways there are 2 threads about Batch #2,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146451.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167726.0

I invite you to post your hypothesis that Batch #2 has fulled been shipped and see how the bulk of open orders reacts...

As for Batch #3, back to your initial post

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203745.msg2434796#msg2434796

Prove me wrong though ;-)
I still don't see how a few RMA from previous batches will cause delays. You do realize that just because RMA takes forever doesn't mean they're spending all their time on RMA, right? It's not some strange bureaucratic process that takes a week.

Also, their goal was batch 3 shipped by end of june.

SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:41:07 PM

but how does that take a week? most of the delays would be from communication between walletbit and avalon. But that wouldn't cause any delays because they can be making units simultaneously.
Because people have to submit tickets by hand in person, if it would be as easy as take all the walletbit data and import them, it would have been done 2 months ago.

As for producing equipment, sure, they can produce equipment, but not during the past week due to the Dragon Boat Festival.

Are you suggesting they ship out Batch #2.2 (Feb 18 orders) before they have sorted out the Batch #2.1 (Feb 2 orders)?

Remember Batch #2.1 orders were charged at BTC 75 while Batch #2.2 order were BTC 50

I still don't see how a few RMA from previous batches will cause delays. You do realize that just because RMA takes forever doesn't mean they're spending all their time on RMA, right? It's not some strange bureaucratic process that takes a week.

Go ahead and ask that to Melmo or Anti74

Do you also remember what the goal was by what time Batch #2 should be shipped by?

Oh wait, to your standards, Batch #2 has already been shipped... right?
batman, not crabman

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:11:39 AM

"ASICs on time; Business done right"

discuss.

A horse walks into a bar and the barman says "Give me some Bitcoin!"
17TDYWdeL3GU2fsMSpV7itLYS2UJ91dCDx
Anenome5

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:02:27 AM

Do you also remember what the goal was by what time Batch #2 should be shipped by?

Oh wait, to your standards, Batch #2 has already been shipped... right?
I think the installation of the SMT line was the holdup. With that complete, I expect to see serious shipping activity soon.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 04:49:21 PM

What I can not stand any longer are bullshits like "We are doing it because of Bitcoin, to secure the network" while actualy they are doing it for
millions of $ without giving a shit about those who will probably really do it for Bitcoin (not bitcoins), given that stories about profit are entering
the domain of sci-fi novels.

Yep, profit is gone. Unless you invest a few million $ to develop your own chips and ass rape the network.

That will happen sooner or later, money printing machines that guarantee profit are not and will never be a consumer product.

Anenome5

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:56:19 PM

What I can not stand any longer are bullshits like "We are doing it because of Bitcoin, to secure the network" while actualy they are doing it for
millions of $ without giving a shit about those who will probably really do it for Bitcoin (not bitcoins), given that stories about profit are entering

Yep, profit is gone. Unless you invest a few million $ to develop your own chips and ass rape the network.

That will happen sooner or later, money printing machines that guarantee profit are not and will never be a consumer product.
Break-even (in terms of bitcoin) in 37.9 days at today's difficulty (4-unit). And these will ship, it seems, within the month.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:58:18 PM

Break-even (in terms of bitcoin) in 37.9 days at today's difficulty (4-unit). And these will ship, it seems, within the month.

You can be sure that no batch 3 will be delivered in June. Quote me on that, because it won't happen.

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:59:54 PM

Why are you all so butthurt? Stop complaining about them. You have no right to make 5000% ROI within 1 week like Batch 1. You just bought a product, it will be delivered some time, your ROI will still be good.

Obama, is that you?
ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:23:09 PM

You can be sure that no batch 3 will be delivered in June. Quote me on that, because it won't happen.

+1
I like to tell myself it'll be here before the end of the summer. It helps me sleep at night.
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:31:04 AM

I'm happy with 100% ROI by Oct 01.

You guys do realize how insane that is, right?

Name any other investment that gives 100% ROI in such a short time.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: