Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you received your refund or unit yet?
Yes - 10 (38.5%)
No - 16 (61.5%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [3] countdown!  (Read 56588 times)
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:35:06 PM

I cant believe it. They shipped the chips first. We will never reach ROI now.
Source?
Chips.

Got them delivered in the afternoon, too late for immediate re-shipment.

Package contains 4 smaller packages with 3x sealed ESD bag with 2600 chips each + 1x opened ESD bag with 2200 chips.

I was hoping to get them in reels and be able to cut them easily in smaller portions. With the 26x10 QFN48 trays they are delivered in, distribution becomes difficult. I tried hard to get empty reels to split them in smaller chunks, but could not find a distributor for low volumes. Now I'll have to ship them in small ESD bags - like I did with the samples.

It will be a long night for me to re-pack everything for distribution, hopefully ready in the morning to drive to Germany for shipping.

Cheers
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:36:55 PM

Wow, am I ever glad I asked for a B3 refund. I didn't know those chips had been delivered yet.
Of course, if I could actually GET my refund... I would be happy.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:58:35 PM

Source?
Chips.

Package contains 4 smaller packages with 3x sealed ESD bag with 2600 chips each + 1x opened ESD bag with 2200 chips.

I was hoping to get them in reels and be able to cut them easily in smaller portions. With the 26x10 QFN48 trays they are delivered in, distribution becomes difficult. I tried hard to get empty reels to split them in smaller chunks, but could not find a distributor for low volumes. Now I'll have to ship them in small ESD bags - like I did with the samples.

It will be a long night for me to re-pack everything for distribution, hopefully ready in the morning to drive to Germany for shipping.

Cheers

Thanks. While not ideal, at least they are still processing/shipping.  Promising that we will see some traction on our items.
Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 01:24:55 PM

Source?
Chips.

Cheers

Thanks. While not ideal, at least they are still processing/shipping.  Promising that we will see some traction on our items.
Seems they don't care about batch#3 customers no matter asked refund or waiting for machines. But at the same time, they are fucking these early pre-order customers by shipping chips!
tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:02:15 PM

I always thought I will be break even at the VERY Least in terms of fiat money. But now that seems impossible, also. I mean, really, every one who ordered from avalon makes bank now: Batch 1, Batch 2. Chips now getting delivered also. That is what leaves me baffled. Yifu, REALLY? shipping Chips before Batch 3? Batch 3 estimated delivery date was like 5th of may, but now with the chips, the "serious" customer you have to be shipped on time..so thats how it goes... We only paid like 7k$, they paid like 10k, is it that? Didnt we make you enough profit already? I'm very sorry, but now you destroyed our profits. COMPLETELY. Not only profits, the ROI is dead. Officially. Very sad and angry customer  Cry
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:05:19 PM

Seems they don't care about batch#3 customers no matter asked refund or waiting for machines. But at the same time, they are fucking these early pre-order customers by shipping chips!

Don't forget the trade-in customers.  They received a decent ram job as well.

DigitalHermit

Activity: 150

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:16:43 PM

Don't forget the trade-in customers.  They received a decent ram job as well.

Congratulations to those who voted "Chips then Batch3" on this infamous poll:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=198584.0;viewResults

BOHICA Batch #3 Customers!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:27:30 PM

Where is the Avalon crew? We need answers..

Many batch 1/2/3 machines have not shipped and Avalon is silent. Trade in customers and refunds being ignored swell...

Batch 3 will not even make ROI due to all the delays. I feel like some sort of compensation for the customers that have had ROI demolished because of Avalon's incompetence is in order.

At this point, Avalon are scammers IMO.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1837
Merit: 2861

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 02:51:01 PM

Many batch 1/2/3 machines have not shipped and Avalon is silent. Trade in customers and refunds being ignored swell...

Batch 3 will not even make ROI due to all the delays. I feel like some sort of compensation for the customers that have had ROI demolished because of Avalon's incompetence is in order.

Unfortunately throwing the scammer comment around seems to be the only way to get a response these days

With that being said:  Avalon == SCAMMERS!!

agibby5

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:51:44 PM

I agree with this thought progression.
greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:03:08 PM

I think its time we form a Group Funded law suit or Class Action Law suit against Avalon.  I bet there will be lawyers that would be willing to charge nothing unless they win the case as well.  Perhaps its time to start a new thread about this.  Maybe this will be the way to get Yifu to actually start taking the business seriously.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:18:07 PM

I think its time we form a Group Funded law suit or Class Action Law suit against Avalon.  I bet there will be lawyers that would be willing to charge nothing unless they win the case as well.  Perhaps its time to start a new thread about this.  Maybe this will be the way to get Yifu to actually start taking the business seriously.

I'm not quite there yet and honestly do not want to go that route just yet.

I know I have mentioned legal recourse as a possible option, but I'd like to give Avalon some time to give them a chance to make it up to us somehow.

Obviously if they continue to delay and ignore us, then this will be our only option and I will be all for it.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:07:30 PM

got 3 today.  Here's two of them.

http://imgur.com/zKEOhjT
http://imgur.com/jB6UpMz

and one of them hashing:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Lmuvne9YdNhuEHoW74awyRYbi9GbR3vAo

Thought about selling them but highest offer was 130.  No thanks.

You'll have made a total of 130BTC sometime early 2016.. and by then that 82GH will only be bringing in something around 50 satoshis a day.

I would have taken 130BTC.
Splirow

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:25:16 PM

I would have sold for 125
louhija

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:28:20 PM

got 3 today.  Here's two of them.

and one of them hashing:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Lmuvne9YdNhuEHoW74awyRYbi9GbR3vAo

Thought about selling them but highest offer was 130.  No thanks.

You'll have made a total of 130BTC sometime early 2016.. and by then that 82GH will only be bringing in something around 50 satoshis a day.

On paper, that's how it is. But on paper he should have gotten his avalons 2 months ago. On the other hand, on paper, if there's one thing you should pay attention to and consider (IMHO) is this:

Future Proof
The Avalon’s components can be upgraded and swapped out as future parts are released, like a normal PC. You are not forced to switch entire systems.

This reads on their web page. I think that's really on black and white there. Maybe you don't need to get the ROI, maybe you get some BTC for upgrade modules that will get you your ROI. Who knows, but that's what's on paper.

But things rarely go like it stands on paper. It works both ways.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:35:36 PM

and one of them hashing:
On paper, that's how it is. But on paper he should have gotten his avalons 2 months ago. On the other hand, on paper, if there's one thing you should pay attention and consider (IMHO) is this:
Future Proof
The Avalon’s components can be upgraded and swapped out as future parts are released, like a normal PC. You are not forced to switch entire systems.

This reads on their web page. I think that's really on black and white there. Maybe you don't need to get the ROI, maybe you get some BTC for upgrade modules that will get you your ROI. Who knows, but that's what's on paper.
Let me interpret this a different way.  You are saying we should keep our units, mine BTC to make enough to constantly upgrade our unit so that we can keep mining to constantly upgrade?   So, you are looking at a complete loss of your initial payment and just hope to make enough coin to keep sending it to someone that treats customers like complete crap?   That is not a future vision I share.

louhija

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:49:35 PM

Let me interpret this a different way.  You are saying we should keep our units, mine BTC to make enough to constantly upgrade our unit so that we can keep mining to constantly upgrade?   So, you are looking at a complete loss of your initial payment and just hope to make enough coin to keep sending it to someone that treats customers like complete crap?   That is not a future vision I share.

I'm saying that it's entirely your decision, like it was to buy the units. You take your chances and see if what''s on paper is better or worse than what you have.

I'm not defending them, but merely stating a point that there are no certainties here and that there are different ways looking at it. In the end some of those ways make more profit than others.

I was commenting to a poster who seemed to know how the outcome will be and stating it's not that simple, not to one asking: "What should I do".
josh_nc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:56:47 PM

and one of them hashing:
On paper, that's how it is. But on paper he should have gotten his avalons 2 months ago. On the other hand, on paper, if there's one thing you should pay attention and consider (IMHO) is this:
Future Proof

It is true that we need to keep upgrading to be able to stay in business BUT there is now a huge trust issue with Avalon. Competition is growing and after all the grief we all got from Avalon only people that don't know them will be buying anything from them. Yiffu got his money and can wrap it up and do something else and even sell Avalon to the highest bidder and make even more money. We got nothing in our hands. The max we can hope for is a partial on our investment. Perhaps it is time for a class action law suit.

DigitalHermit

Activity: 150

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:04:30 PM

FYI:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261796

Hi All,

Can't post in batch 3 thread as noobie so posting here.

Got my three batch three machines with three cpu each yesterday (tue).

They were shipped via DHL on friday (Jul 19th) and showed up on tuesday (July 23rd).

Nicely made and packed machines. No power cable (not a big deal).

One of the unit had one of the two front LEDs chipped so that LED is not working.

Not gonna complain about it (and honestly, don't care right now) as the unit is working great.

All in all, pretty nice looking rugged box, no stickers or logos or anything on the cover.

They work nice too. Hash rate at one point peeked at @70 GHashes.

so, game on for batch 3 guys.... your shipments should be showing up pretty soon.

Regards.

PS: I'll try to post this in batch 3 thread once i get access but can someone with
write access to that thread please cross post this so folks there are also are aware of it?
louhija

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:13:29 PM

It is true that we need to keep upgrading to be able to stay in business BUT there is now a huge trust issue with Avalon. Competition is growing and after all the grief we all got from Avalon only people that don't know them will be buying anything from them. Yiffu got his money and can wrap it up and do something else and even sell Avalon to the highest bidder and make even more money. We got nothing in our hands. The max we can hope for is a partial on our investment. Perhaps it is time for a class action law suit.

Yeah, perhaps. There are many ways to get compensation and I read today that  some of the batch 3 units might have newer tech (?! can't find  the source right now, so you should consider it hearsay until proven otherwise ).The trust issue isn't as big as it should be with BFL fe. I don't see how their units are upgradable. They're all either usable or unusable. There aren't any options. Avalon still has options.

People who haven't got what they bought of course should get compensated. People who have paid money out their pockets for promises that have been broken should get some compensation. If you ask me. I'm in on this for only 10 BTC, so it's very easy to be calm about the situation.

There are many ways to compensate, for example one of them being early access to the next gen modules. Not asking, just saying.

My opinion, give it a week or two. I'm not sure, but I don't see how it would make the difference in ROI. The avalon chips received still need to be resend and built and tested and so. I'm not an engineer, so I don't know how fast they will be up and how good the machines will be. I just see alot of variables and uncertainties still.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: