Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:16:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703572 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:44:07 AM

Probably. Not sure if they are going to change the target time. Also, forget about lightning network here. The goal is to come up with an on-chain solution to scaling.

So it basically create more problems than it solves. In fact I don't see what does it solve.

Well, thanks for the free money though.

You never know. Sometimes the long shot wins the race. You know, like the tortoise and the hare fable. And since the coins will basically be free, the odds are already in your favor.  Grin
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 02:44:41 AM

If I have my Bitcoins on coinomi would I be able to get these coins or should I just put them on my personal computer with the full node wallet?? I don't want to miss out on this....
Yes, by using this.
https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39

You will be able to extract the private keys and importing them on a Bitcoin Cash compatible wallet.

Any idea about the roadmap of Bitcoin Cash? When do they plan to upgrade to Segwit?
Everything that does Segwit can be done as also hard fork, as the malleability fix.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:11:08 AM

But.... but... Will I have to wait 10 minutes for first confirmation when I buy my coffee with my Bitcoin Cash?!?!?!

Much worse than this , as the 10 minutes is merely the average. You could be waiting hours for the first confirmation , even if the blocks are near empty.

Everything that does Segwit can be done as also hard fork, as the malleability fix.

Even if they do manage to fix all the problems with flex trans and HF in this change , I don't see this happening anytime soon and if it does happen in 6 months I guarantee there is going to be some severe bugs

By than bitcoin BTC will be using LN for months with more competent devs supporting it
friedrise

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:42:35 AM

Would I get the coins, if I have my bitcoin on Jaxx wallet ?
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:02:21 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 04:50:57 AM by HostFat

This will be a block explorer for Bitcoin Cash: http://blockdozer.com/insight
Currently it is on testnet.

Would I get the coins, if I have my bitcoin on Jaxx wallet ?
https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39

xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:09:30 AM

nice work, unfortunately it is doomed to DOA Sad. reason : Waaaay to slow retarget. initial dump , huge hash power swich + auto swiching pools + hashpower renting = infinite years waiting for retarget. why do You try to reinvent the wheel? simply use every-block,exponentialy-weighted moving-average and it will work. or at least something simmiliar used in tens of altcoins. that can work below 1% of global sha256 hashpower .what is here proposed will die very quickly, instantenously to be precise.   

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
zxbball

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:19:36 AM

as far as I know, viabtc Yang Qishi did not much stock, similar to the workers, being to it, we are all adults, all know who is behind, who who back the pot, not quite! bitman wujihan is the bcc boss ,he want bitcoin to be wujicoin
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:39:09 AM

as far as I know, viabtc Yang Qishi did not much stock, similar to the workers, being to it, we are all adults, all know who is behind, who who back the pot, not quite! bitman wujihan is the bcc boss ,he want bitcoin to be wujicoin

In essence then if this guy is behind BCC then supporting it would be to "give away" the ideals to one guy.

Interesting that BCC is posted in the alt-coin section. That already says a lot. There have been thousand attempts to create alt-coins to Bitcoin, each one with a promise to be the "de facto" Bitcoin if adopted. The principle objective and approach of alt-coins should not be to take on BTC directly, but to provide some kind of a niche in a certain field. Taking on BTC should be secondary or a bonus should any mainstream adoption occur.

Splitting the hash power of PoW can cause more harm than not but in the end miners have to follow the direction that will ensure their own survival and income model. It is like two cars racing at each other head-on. They could be hard headed and crash and maybe one or both survive, maybe the airbags deploy or maybe they both die. Or one could give way and keep the ecosystem intact.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:57:37 AM

nice work, unfortunately it is doomed to DOA Sad. reason : Waaaay to slow retarget. initial dump , huge hash power swich + auto swiching pools + hashpower renting = infinite years waiting for retarget. why do You try to reinvent the wheel? simply use every-block,exponentialy-weighted moving-average and it will work. or at least something simmiliar used in tens of altcoins. that can work below 1% of global sha256 hashpower .what is here proposed will die very quickly, instantenously to be precise.    

You commented without reading the whitepaper though. The retarget is addressed, so this is not an issue. Second, there are already futures markets trading this coin and so it will have value. As it has value, it will have hashrate. Also, replay protection has been added. It will definitely not "die instantaneously".

But it remains an alt-coin and many alt-coins are listed on exchanges as well. Any hashrate taken away from Bitcoin will damage it and the whole ecosystem. If everyone just carries on with the chain as is the blocksize issue will be addressed through the normal course of business. Why risk it all?
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 05:26:13 AM

@jc12345
Better now then later Wink
Are you saying that it just need to release forks to kill ""Bitcoin""?
Maybe you should sell your bitcoin just now.
Maybe all the next altcoins will be 1:1 forks of Bitcoin Wink

junan1

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:22:46 AM

Any idea about the roadmap of Bitcoin Cash? When do they plan to upgrade to Segwit?

Or do they have any other magical solution to enable LN for instant transactions?

I imagine they'll adopt flexible transactions.  This transaction type exists in Bitcoin Classic (usable only on testnet at present) and is on Bitcoin Unlimited's roadmap.
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:43:32 AM

So if I borrow BTC on Poloniex and Bitfinex during Aug 1st, I get free leveraged BCC ? Just like the ETH/ETC process?
Probably not. It's better if you send them to a wallet where you fully control the private keys.
It's probably best to just ignore this new shitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
anujjain

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:47:18 AM

So if I borrow BTC on Poloniex and Bitfinex during Aug 1st, I get free leveraged BCC ? Just like the ETH/ETC process?
Probably not. It's better if you send them to a wallet where you fully control the private keys.
It's probably best to just ignore this new shitcoin.

Isn't better we apply wait and watch policy then just ignore.

Now they clearly launching this coin as alt in first place so there is no risk for bitcoin.
junan1

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:52:56 AM

so if  we hold our bitcoin until 2017.08 01 we will get bitcoin cash?  Huh

anyone can tell me ? thank you

If you have exclusive control of say 10 bitcoins (private key / mnemonic seed) and hold them through the fork then you'll naturally have 10 "bitcoins" on each branch (10 BitcoinCore-coins and 10 BitcoinCash-coins if you will).  After the fork, if you are careful (use trustworthy guides and services), then you'll be able to move the 10 coins of one branch without moving their twins on the other branch (see: "replay attacks").  If you only care about one branch then you can sell the coins on the other branch.

Of course, it would be extremely confusing to call both of these assets "bitcoin" so at least one branch will need a new name and ticker.  While imperfect, the most popular assignment is currently:
  • For the Bitcoin Core fork: "bitcoin", "BTC"
  • For the Bitcoin Cash fork: "bitcoincash", "BCC" (caution: conflicts with BitConnect Coin)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:05:06 AM

so if  we hold our bitcoin until 2017.08 01 we will get bitcoin cash?  Huh

anyone can tell me ? thank you

If you have exclusive control of say 10 bitcoins (private key / mnemonic seed) and hold them through the fork then you'll naturally have 10 "bitcoins" on each branch (10 BitcoinCore-coins and 10 BitcoinCash-coins if you will).  After the fork, if you are careful (use trustworthy guides and services), then you'll be able to move the 10 coins of one branch without moving their twins on the other branch (see: "replay attacks").  If you only care about one branch then you can sell the coins on the other branch.

Of course, it would be extremely confusing to call both of these assets "bitcoin" so at least one branch will need a new name and ticker.  While imperfect, the most popular assignment is currently:
  • For the Bitcoin Core fork: "bitcoin", "BTC"
  • For the Bitcoin Cash fork: "bitcoincash", "BCC" (caution: conflicts with BitConnect Coin)
how is this different then dumping any sha256 coin for bitcoin? this is just an altcoin, free airdrop also
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:18:35 AM

Blockstream and the USAF Trolls will never give Bitcoin the 2x part of the Honkong and NewYork Agreement,
read their their posts,
so this is the last exit before the lost of the real Bitcoin
following Satoshies vision.

This should have been done much earlier.

Smiley
People like you are delusional.
That altcoin will not get any traction
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:28:12 AM

I don't have enough time and speed to be able to download whole Bitcoin chain which is approximately of 175 GB. I have transferred my Bitcoins to Electrum wallet and have written down my Private Keys. I hope as of alternative I have done good and it should be fine to avoid any complication. Any thoughts of this would be appreciated.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:30:09 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 12:02:52 PM by jc12345

@jc12345
Better now then later Wink
Are you saying that it just need to release forks to kill ""Bitcoin""?
Maybe you should sell your bitcoin just now.
Maybe all the next altcoins will be 1:1 forks of Bitcoin Wink

All alt-coins have the right to existence (including BCC) and it is anyone's right to attempt something new. Even BCC has the right to fork off as an alt-coin. It brings innovation.

Sometimes one has to look at the bigger mile high view and the virtual currency ecosystem as a whole though and take a risk based decision on what to support. Personally I just think that there are other less risky ways to do innovation than to try and impact/capture the main chain. Block size for example has been addressed previously, it just needed 95% to support it. If that is afterwards not sufficient size there can be a plan B again. Forcing things becomes dangerous and we are all in this with the same goal to have virtual currency succeed. We cannot afford uncertainty/failure and Business hates uncertainty.

What I am saying, is that all big pools should look at the bigger picture and not split up again and go on a different route come 1 Aug. BIP91 was forced in, lets stick to that route now and see how things work out and not mess around and take unnecessary risks on 1 Aug.

ujang1

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:47:53 AM

Bitcoin Cash will never be as great as the main Bitcoin. I'm waiting for the fork to sell my Bitcoin Cash for a penny.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:51:59 AM

Bitcoin Cash will never be as great as the main Bitcoin. I'm waiting for the fork to sell my Bitcoin Cash for a penny.

Indeed nobody will care about this so it will die very soon when people will be done after dumping this. Bitcoin is the king of this universe no coin can replace it and it will stay love on cryptocutrrency because the original is always perfect.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: