Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⭐[ANN] WiC|Monetizing WiFi Sharing| ⭐🔥 App Launched! 🔥⭐  (Read 146261 times)
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:13:36 AM

this project is look good , many peoples in the world used wifi sharing for internet connection
i will keep my eyes for look this thread, waiting next update and good luck with your project

I agree it can be a rather successful project. How about national regulations? Some countries for example are requiring ID or phone number registration before allowing wifi roaming. How do you plan do handle that?

Thanks! As for the regulations, they are not really applicable to our app users. The Wifi uploader has already gone through the regulations when acquiring the WiFi connection, he is now not doing anything other than sharing it, just like you would share it with a friend.

thanks for your response. I think not in all countries sharing is allowed, however your legal team will surely be able to sort it out.

at the end it will be necessary to block the app in certain countries. not a big deal, just in case...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:24:48 AM

PMed you.
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:48:59 AM

so you will have the pre sale around august and the token sale by september, right? any info about how much is your cap during pre sale and the token sale?  i cant find answers in the op ans in the website.

Hey, that is correct. Exact details about the Token Sale including max cap will be announced soon. Please subscribe to stay updated: https://www.cryptowi.com/token-sale

I can tell you though that there will be NO MINIMUM cap since we have already developed the technology and this project is not in development stage. As for the max cap, it will be well under 5 million dollars as stated on the website under the section titled "Why invest in WiC?" point number 2.

You can also check: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2043933.msg20353036#msg20353036 (Point 2)

Thanks!

so in short, whatever will be raised by the team at the end of the ico, will be considered as successful? since as you said there will be no soft cap right?

Yes that is correct. Whatever amount we raise, the Token Sale will be considered successful.
is that enough to fund whatever plan you desire to build for this project dev? as i think that the reason why you are creating ico is to make good
capital to gas up your project? hope what i understand will be correct at all any amount that will be raised out within the ico period will be
enough to fund the project.

Hey, that is a good question. And you are correct when you think that the reason for this Token Sale is to get capital to fund this project. The reason why there is no minimum requirement is:

1) We have already invested our own money and developed a working product that is ready for launch.
2) The app itself can be monetized and can provide a regular source of income.
3) Why, the Token Sale then? Because we need the capital to expedite marketing and further development of the project. If less amount is raised the project will be less marketed and slow to say. If we sell out on the other hand, we will speed up everything and will not need to wait for the app to generate revenue required in order for us to grow.
4) Also, the max cap will be well under 5 million dollars because we do not need it for R&D related costs but for improving a developed product and marketing it on a global scale. The Token Sale amount will also be used to secure strategic partnerships with travel agencies and convenience store and gas station chains in order to promote CryptoWi.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them. Also, to stay up to date with all our announcements, please subscribe: https://www.cryptowi.com/token-sale

Thanks!

well this is good since there will be no minimum cap and whaever will be raise will be considered successful. besides, as you said, you are no longer starting from scratch right? you are only having a token sale for the development, and this is already an edged from other ico.

Yes, that is correct. We already have a developed product and not just a fancy pip-dream which is a huge a advantage for our investors. You might want to check out our post: Why invest in WiC?

this is really good and rare these days

i hate investing in ipos where the product will not be available for like 2 years, wic is good that way to have a product ready. good job team
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:35:35 AM

Hello
I joined in social bounty. Hopefully your project is successful with our hard work. good luck
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:18:47 PM

Hello
I joined in social bounty. Hopefully your project is successful with our hard work. good luck

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:51:23 PM

We already have more than 300 users registered with our bounty campaign with 48 hours of announcement! Thank you everyone for the support!
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:55:10 PM

Glad to see this project has a working product already, which is pretty rare recently. Building a wi-fi sharing network is definitely of high interest.  Smiley

YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:05:18 PM

Great news for the dev and for the supporters. I am pretty sure that we'll be able too see some good exchanges soon integrating WIC token. Good luck with the project dev  Grin
yeswepump
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:34:08 PM

We already have more than 300 users registered with our bounty campaign with 48 hours of announcement! Thank you everyone for the support!

this is good news. my suggestion is that you keep updating the bounters regularly and you don't keep them alone, as most of campaigns are doing lately.

I guess you need a continued and stable traction!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:43:37 PM

Thanks so much for relaunching, because your previously your project failed because the minimum target was not achieved. I think this is an excellent project and worth the investment and exposure.

The previous Token Sale was paused since a lot of users were asking us to do it after having a ready product and so we listened. We now have a ready product, a new website, new reputed partners (couple more coming soon) and a much better Token Sale procedure (wait for it).

Thanks for sticking with us!
heyjoe

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:45:37 PM

Read through quite a bit of the thread - looks like you are well-organized and prepared.

The demo is a major selling point here.  Having a working product, especially in our current environment, shows you have put in an investment up front and explains clearly the goal of the project.

A couple questions/concerns for you - forgive me if I missed the answers:

1. Do you have LinkedIn profiles for your founders? Particularly interested in your marketing and sales team since coordination of agreements with gas stations, travel agencies, etc. is a large scale sales project.

2. I have seen you mentioned WiFi sharing as a large industry already, but this is an area that many users will be nervous about.  Connecting to unknown networks or offering up your own network without having an understanding of how to properly set up security is putting not only the computers on the network at risk but also opening up your connection to potentially illegal activity.  Why would a 'regular user' want to take that risk?  When a regular person connects to public WiFi at a Starbucks (for example) they have a feeling of security due to the way those networks are configured.

Overall, the concept is nice and you have a demo which is a huge plus, but looking to understand how you are going to overcome security concerns to gain traction with a less technical userbase.

Robofus

Activity: 85
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:53:47 PM

Great project! If it is democratized it can become extremely powerful and practical. As much for mass adoption as for the regulars who move a lot. I will follow !
mt55

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:56:40 PM

When will the ICO take place?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:10:47 PM

Read through quite a bit of the thread - looks like you are well-organized and prepared.

The demo is a major selling point here.  Having a working product, especially in our current environment, shows you have put in an investment up front and explains clearly the goal of the project.

A couple questions/concerns for you - forgive me if I missed the answers:

1. Do you have LinkedIn profiles for your founders? Particularly interested in your marketing and sales team since coordination of agreements with gas stations, travel agencies, etc. is a large scale sales project.

2. I have seen you mentioned WiFi sharing as a large industry already, but this is an area that many users will be nervous about.  Connecting to unknown networks or offering up your own network without having an understanding of how to properly set up security is putting not only the computers on the network at risk but also opening up your connection to potentially illegal activity.  Why would a 'regular user' want to take that risk?  When a regular person connects to public WiFi at a Starbucks (for example) they have a feeling of security due to the way those networks are configured.

Overall, the concept is nice and you have a demo which is a huge plus, but looking to understand how you are going to overcome security concerns to gain traction with a less technical userbase.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to go through our project. Yes, we decided to get a demo ready so that people know what they are investing in and what they can expect. We realized it is not correct and ethical to have a fancy roadmap stretching years and nothing concrete to base it on.

As for your questions, the team is actually bigger than what is posted and only the lead from each department is posted. We are getting legal advise and also hiring some legal experts because of the complex environment regarding Token Sales and will publish details once we get the go ahead from legal. You might know that making an app (that too this complex) is not a one man job and Deepak is just the development team lead. There are around a total of 12-15 members in the team including full time employees, independent contractors and interns. Also, you are right that partnering with gas stations and retail outlets will be a challenge and that is one of the reasons we are looking to raise money in the upcoming Token Sale.

WiFi sharing is in fact a huge industry with a user base of more than 50 million already. As far as issues regarding illegal activity are concerned, there is no real incentive to use our app for illegal purposes since it would create unnecessary issues for that person. He could easily go to a Starbucks or McDonalds and use their WiFi; no reason to download this app, then buy WiC and then pay for it. Also, since our main aim is mass adoption, we have made it extremely easy and secure for the users. They don't need to worry about security concerns since if you have see our app demo, you will realize that the end user does not have to do anything except click on a WiFi and buy it. The app does the rest and connects directly without exposing any details to the end user. Also this is all encrypted.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to post here or PM me. To stay updated please subscribe: https://www.cryptowi.com/token-sale

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:12:49 PM

When will the ICO take place?

The Token Sale will take place in August. Exact details should be out within a week. In the meantime, subscribe here to stay updated with any announcements: https://www.cryptowi.com/token-sale

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:23:21 PM

Glad to see this project has a working product already, which is pretty rare recently. Building a wi-fi sharing network is definitely of high interest.  Smiley

Great news for the dev and for the supporters. I am pretty sure that we'll be able too see some good exchanges soon integrating WIC token. Good luck with the project dev  Grin

Thanks for your support! You can subscribe here to stay updated: https://www.cryptowi.com/token-sale
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:36:07 PM

Great project! If it is democratized it can become extremely powerful and practical. As much for mass adoption as for the regulars who move a lot. I will follow !

this project will be easy to grow, I will continue to wait for this update tread

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:41:40 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 05:11:31 PM by Lambo06

Romanian Translation is up: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2047586
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:59:57 PM

Actually very reforming thought. But it's success is depanding to interest. If lots of people choose to use this, it will be huge, if less people choose to use this, it will be bad.

So team should make aggresive marketing and try to reach much more people. They started good, hope they will continue.

Very nice and inovative project i can say.

lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 05:01:05 PM

after looking out the site, very interesting program.
based on ERC20 token and how to get coin is good, just uploading WiFi password.
nice project, good luck.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: