Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥⭐[ANN] WiC|Monetizing WiFi Sharing| ⭐🔥 App Launched! 🔥⭐  (Read 146261 times)
Lambo06 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:39:22 AM

I have sent my payment to the address i received on my email. How do i receive my coins ?  Huh

Hey, you will receive your coins after the token sale is over. Have you got the confirmation email yet?
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:43:29 AM

We have updated our website, check it out: https://www.cryptowi.com/ (Use a laptop/PC)

Let us know how it looks Smiley

Nice to see you're working on it, and that WiC continues to grow. Here are some thoughts:

- The background animation is very high-contrast and makes the overall page appear busy. Could you tone it down or reduce the contrast?
- The top navigation bar gets a bit lost because it's small, and there are so many other things going on on the page. Could you make it more obvious?
- The WiC logotype (not the logo itself) also gets lost in all the action. If there ends up being some extra budget to throw at a professional designer, I think this would be something to focus on; having the logotype in a very generic serifed font means it will often get lost when placed against bolder patterns, and makes it look a bit 'Word 2003'.
- The horizontal blue bars are indigo-ish (i.e., they are a purplish blue), whereas the background is a dark aqua/teal (i.e., a greenish blue). The two colours clash. Could you change the horizontal bars to a shade of blue that complements the background?
- Overall, it looks OK but not 'professional'--like it was made by someone proficient in code but less so in graphical design. Longer term, I think it will be worth considering a more professional overall brand befitting WiC's growth and (hopefully) success.

Not a professional graphic designer by any means, and I'm certainly not claiming to have an expert opinion. I do work in communications and outreach, though, so I'm involved peripherally in web-design and branding work and get to see the pros in action. Anyway, easy to sit here and complain from the sidelines when it's you guys doing all the work, so, again...thanks for all your efforts on this project.
xpzycox

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:49:44 AM

Lambo i have updated my privacy settings on my facebook account, I wasnt aware they were set to friends only...can I get a re-review of my social bounty? It's been marked red because my friends and posts were set to friends only, but now public and updated all past shares to public..

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:22:05 AM

This business idea is clearly disruptive.
It's a very effective way to to break the 4G monopoly from telecommunication companies and giving it back to the regular users.
This is like the Uber for internet Wifi access.
Doing things right, the market cap for this one could worth several billions!
Reaching considerable public adoption, this will make initial investors a fortune.
you are right about that putting the power back into the hand of the people

Buy some Spectrecoin now
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:24:21 AM

We have updated our website, check it out: https://www.cryptowi.com/ (Use a laptop/PC)

it looks great and accurate too viewed on my mobile

Buy some Spectrecoin now
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:57:24 AM

Nice to see you're working on it, and that WiC continues to grow. Here are some thoughts:

- The background animation is very high-contrast and makes the overall page appear busy. Could you tone it down or reduce the contrast?
- The top navigation bar gets a bit lost because it's small, and there are so many other things going on on the page. Could you make it more obvious?
- The WiC logotype (not the logo itself) also gets lost in all the action. If there ends up being some extra budget to throw at a professional designer, I think this would be something to focus on; having the logotype in a very generic serifed font means it will often get lost when placed against bolder patterns, and makes it look a bit 'Word 2003'.
- The horizontal blue bars are indigo-ish (i.e., they are a purplish blue), whereas the background is a dark aqua/teal (i.e., a greenish blue). The two colours clash. Could you change the horizontal bars to a shade of blue that complements the background?
- Overall, it looks OK but not 'professional'--like it was made by someone proficient in code but less so in graphical design. Longer term, I think it will be worth considering a more professional overall brand befitting WiC's growth and (hopefully) success.

Not a professional graphic designer by any means, and I'm certainly not claiming to have an expert opinion. I do work in communications and outreach, though, so I'm involved peripherally in web-design and branding work and get to see the pros in action. Anyway, easy to sit here and complain from the sidelines when it's you guys doing all the work, so, again...thanks for all your efforts on this project.

good job looks much better  Wink

Thanks for your feedback Smiley
LEEMEEGO

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:59:21 AM

dev, can you clarify about the bounty pool.. especially on signature.

"Bitcointalk Signatures & Avatar (20% or 400,000)"

so you dedicated 400k tokens for the signature.. and you say that,

"Starting price = $0.008/WiC (Less than 250 satoshi or 0.0000025 BTC/WiC)"

so 400,000 * 250 sats = 1 BTC

ONLY?Huh

please clarify.. your bounty pool is too low if mu calculations are correct.

2 million WiC are allocated for bounties, of which 20%, or 400,000, are for signatures. Bounties are almost always speculative. Like, if you do a translation, maybe you get 500 or 1000 WiC (I'm making those numbers up based on experience with other coins; no idea what WiC is planning), which is nothing if you go by $0.008/WiC, but that's not a real, market-based price. We have no idea what WiC will be worth when it hits markets, but it's going to be more than $0.008 unless something goes horribly wrong. As a bounty hunter (and, frankly, as investors in the ICO) you're gambling that WiC will be worth 25 cents, 50 cents, a buck, even a few bucks, at which point getting those 500 or 1000 WiC 'for free' is a pretty tidy return for a couple of hours' work. That's why every new ANN thread has a million 'Indonesian translation reserved'-type posts in the first couple of pages.

Hey, so the current price is $0.016/WiC and we expect to hit $0.026/WiC before the Token Sale ends so if the bounties are worth considerably more if you use these numbers.
Secondly, yes there is not a very big budget for bounties and this will also encourage bounty hunters to hold and there will be less dumping on exchanges because of it.

wow, so the price just went higher.. i see.. thanks for the answer dev.. so is that mean that after the ico it will probably surpass that .026$ each.
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:13:51 PM

Livecoin has now added WiC markets. Frozen till the token sale begins on September 1 at 6PM GMT.

WiC/BTC: https://www.livecoin.net/en/trade/index?currencyPair=WIC%2FBTC
WiC/ETH: https://www.livecoin.net/en/trade/index?currencyPair=WIC%2FETH
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:15:38 PM

I think it was needed right now. The venture is already backed up with too many investors and new investors are getting to know about it. The design looks on the big screen as well as on mobiles. Great going.
paraelement

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:19:10 PM

Hey Lambo06 and Crypto Wi team,

got a couple of questions, possibly they were asked before but it's hard to browse 100+ in both threads and there is no FAQ anywhere AFAIK, so:

1) Who are the guys on the team? There is too little information on them here or in search engines, can you post their Facebook/Linkedin profiles here and on the website?

2) What does exactly one buys with Wic? I mean, buying password itself is useless.

3) If you buy access to someone's wifi, is it limited by duration, total usage time, total traffic? If it is, can the owner set any or all of these parameters?

4) If I buy a password, use wifi for some time, and then the connection is lost (owner chooses to change password, turns wifi off, a dozen of other reasons), what happens?

5) If I buy a password and find the connection quality inadequate (for legitimate reasons, or because the owner uses traffic shaping, noone knows), what happens (any refund mechanics)?

6) Is there a desktop (PC/Mac/*nix) version of the application planned?

Thanks in advance for the answers, they should greatly improve confidence in the project!

Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:57:01 PM

Hey Lambo06 and Crypto Wi team,

got a couple of questions, possibly they were asked before but it's hard to browse 100+ in both threads and there is no FAQ anywhere AFAIK, so:

1) Who are the guys on the team? There is too little information on them here or in search engines, can you post their Facebook/Linkedin profiles here and on the website?

2) What does exactly one buys with Wic? I mean, buying password itself is useless.

3) If you buy access to someone's wifi, is it limited by duration, total usage time, total traffic? If it is, can the owner set any or all of these parameters?

4) If I buy a password, use wifi for some time, and then the connection is lost (owner chooses to change password, turns wifi off, a dozen of other reasons), what happens?

5) If I buy a password and find the connection quality inadequate (for legitimate reasons, or because the owner uses traffic shaping, noone knows), what happens (any refund mechanics)?

6) Is there a desktop (PC/Mac/*nix) version of the application planned?

Thanks in advance for the answers, they should greatly improve confidence in the project!

Hey,

1) The team is actually bigger than what is posted and only the lead from each department is posted. We are getting legal advise and also hiring some legal experts because of the complex environment regarding Token Sales and will publish details once we get the go ahead from legal. You might, for example, know that making an app (that too this complex) is not a one man job and Deepak is just the development team lead. There are around a total of 12-15 members in the team including full time employees, independent contractors and interns. Also, we have actually gone ahead, spent money and time and developed a real product the demo video of which has been posted. Also, both the Presale and the Token Sale will also be fully escrowed by highly reputed members of the community for your safety.

2) WiC is the only mode of payment accepted in the app and hence it is used to buy WiFi. Don't see how that is uselss though. In fact this gives WiC a real world use case.

3) At the moment, the WiFi user pays a one time fee for the network but we plan to introduce a feature where the uploader will specify aminimum and maximum time and data limit for the connection and the buyer will be able to see this before purchasing.

4) For the above mentioned reason, the amount paid will be lost as of now. But we will be changing this with future updates.

5)There are no refund mechanics as of now and we plan to introduce features where users will be able to rate WiFi networks and also upload speed test results.

6) No, only mobile apps for now.

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:57:24 PM

I think it was needed right now. The venture is already backed up with too many investors and new investors are getting to know about it. The design looks on the big screen as well as on mobiles. Great going.

Thanks!
paraelement

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:33:36 PM

Hey,

1) The team is actually bigger than what is posted and only the lead from each department is posted. We are getting legal advise and also hiring some legal experts because of the complex environment regarding Token Sales and will publish details once we get the go ahead from legal. You might, for example, know that making an app (that too this complex) is not a one man job and Deepak is just the development team lead. There are around a total of 12-15 members in the team including full time employees, independent contractors and interns. Also, we have actually gone ahead, spent money and time and developed a real product the demo video of which has been posted. Also, both the Presale and the Token Sale will also be fully escrowed by highly reputed members of the community for your safety.
Hello, thanks for the reply!

You seem to be dodging the questions about the team and instead of direct answer to "What is the Facebook/Linkedin profile?" you just copy-pasted the answer from your reply to the previous guy who asked about personalities.

Regarding the "a complex app" - there is no working prototype you can download, only the youtube videos.
And yes, you can build an app with "features" like shown on youtube quite easily with team of just one man, in a couple of days - saying it from professional experience.

Sadly, this all combined hurts confidence a lot rather than builds it, up to a point where you could call it a scam. I considered participation in your ICO, now I better not risk it...
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:43:05 PM

kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:48:44 PM

lets gooo not much remains in stage 4....lets sell out stage 4 before livecoin  Cool
imjustsayintho

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:17:47 PM

Hey,

Hello, thanks for the reply!

You seem to be dodging the questions about the team and instead of direct answer to "What is the Facebook/Linkedin profile?" you just copy-pasted the answer from your reply to the previous guy who asked about personalities.

Regarding the "a complex app" - there is no working prototype you can download, only the youtube videos.
And yes, you can build an app with "features" like shown on youtube quite easily with team of just one man, in a couple of days - saying it from professional experience.

Sadly, this all combined hurts confidence a lot rather than builds it, up to a point where you could call it a scam. I considered participation in your ICO, now I better not risk it...

I think he explained really well who the team was, nobody owes you a facebook/linkedin profile.  If that is one of your measures of judging crypto, then I suggest to stick to traditional forms of investments.  Sorry your confidence and your risk is miscalculated but your comments about this being a scam are not welcome here.

▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
██████▄██████▄██████
██████▀██████▀██████
▀█████▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄█████▄▄████▄
██████████████████
██████████████████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░
▄████▄▄████▄▄████▄
████████████▄██████
████████████▀██████
▀████▀▀████▀▀████▀

▄████▄
██████▄▄▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀
▀████▀

▄████▄
██████
██████
▀█████
░░░░░░
▄████▄░█████▄
██████░██████▄▄▄
██████░██████▀▀▀
▀████▀░█████▀
░░░░░░
▄█████
██████
██████
▀████▀

░░░░▄████▄
▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀██████
░░░░▀████▀

BadStreak

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:13:45 PM

Hi,

Forgive me if already unanswered, but how/when will tokens be sent to my ETH address?

Thanks!
Lambo06 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:41:20 PM

Hi,

Forgive me if already unanswered, but how/when will tokens be sent to my ETH address?

Thanks!

Hey, tokens will be distributed after the token sale is completed.
paraelement

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:13:03 PM

I think he explained really well who the team was, nobody owes you a facebook/linkedin profile.  If that is one of your measures of judging crypto, then I suggest to stick to traditional forms of investments.  Sorry your confidence and your risk is miscalculated but your comments about this being a scam are not welcome here.
Nope, he's not explained anything at all, that I wouldn't already know from the website or the topic.
Okay, there are 3 names of the team members on the website, and there are also 2 nicknames of the guys from CET who provide escrow, but for all I know, "Ronald B. Sao", "Deepak Kumar" and "Catherine Oliver" may be non-existent.

I agree that nobody owes me any links, but tell me one good reason not to post them, that would outweigh the positive confidence buildup within community?

Yes, this is one of the measures of judging crypto - to know who the team is, to see what is their past experience and record. And they aren't only mine, there is a good topic on red flags in ICO here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2109970.0

Thanks for the advice to stick to traditional forms of investments, but I think this advice is more appropriate for the people who don't research ICO enough and may end up broke after investing in a scam.

kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:47:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

Hey, tokens will be distributed after the token sale is completed.

lol this is even in the confirmation email  Cheesy why dont people read it haha
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: