Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 ETH or 1 BTC?  (Read 11907 times)
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:42:49 AM

Eth is still the best choice in terms of value. It still continues to outpace BTC and nearly overtook it at one point. Still think it's the better hold for now.
that is your think. The truth is, ETH can not catch up with BTC, the distance is too big
See ripple. It's only take few year to become top 3 crypto currency

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 315

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:43:39 AM

Eth is still the best choice in terms of value. It still continues to outpace BTC and nearly overtook it at one point. Still think it's the better hold for now.
that is your think. The truth is, ETH can not catch up with BTC, the distance is too big
Bitcoin can not be compared with any altcoin, let alone the ETH difference in value is very far and also the popularity of bitcoin is higher than Ethereum.And if choosing between Bitcoin and Ethereum I prefer Bitcoin. Bitcoin is good long-term investment from year to year has increased very well.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
VTOS.IO

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 02:08:58 AM

Eth i think will have similar value in the future so ethereum is my number 1 choice, maybe can be top 1 if rusia adopt

V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network         
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  SEP 24th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:12:56 AM

With $3000 to invest, is there any advantages to either, with the expectations/hopes that they both will continue to grow?  Just trying to see what others would do, as I plan to let this initial investment sit for 5yrs minimum in a cold wallet.

Thanks ladies and gents!

With your $3000 as initial investment, you cannot buy one Bitcoin. So I prefer you go for Etheriums. Both are sound investments though. Bitcoin is the safest for me and the most far from risk. But Etherium is surely going to earn some more value appreciation before the year ends. Bitcoin might not be able to double within 2017. Etherium might.
ahtremblay

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:43:26 AM

With $3000 to invest, is there any advantages to either, with the expectations/hopes that they both will continue to grow?  Just trying to see what others would do, as I plan to let this initial investment sit for 5yrs minimum in a cold wallet.

Thanks ladies and gents!

With your $3000 as initial investment, you cannot buy one Bitcoin. So I prefer you go for Etheriums. Both are sound investments though. Bitcoin is the safest for me and the most far from risk. But Etherium is surely going to earn some more value appreciation before the year ends. Bitcoin might not be able to double within 2017. Etherium might.
depend on how many profit he want. more risk more profit

grizmoblust

Activity: 379

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:22:07 AM

With $3000 to invest, is there any advantages to either, with the expectations/hopes that they both will continue to grow?  Just trying to see what others would do, as I plan to let this initial investment sit for 5yrs minimum in a cold wallet.

Thanks ladies and gents!

depend on how many profit he want. more risk more profit
with 3000$ for trade is just like play gambling. You will need more money to backup portfolio when price fall down.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:05:27 AM

just buy ETH then find some good ICO and invest in it

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:51:36 AM

Now i would surely recommend you to buy 10 eth. If you noticed btc has almost become more than $4500 while eth is still low for you to double your investment it can take time while for eth it's still around $300 and many are speculating it can become $1k by end of this year with 10 eth you can triple your investment in few months.
Balmtand

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:01:50 PM

Now i would surely recommend you to buy 10 eth. If you noticed btc has almost become more than $4500 while eth is still low for you to double your investment it can take time while for eth it's still around $300 and many are speculating it can become $1k by end of this year with 10 eth you can triple your investment in few months.

1 Bitcoin or 8 Bitcoin cash. They could be more valuable.
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:04:26 PM

They are 2 major crytocurrencies, how about both .5 BTC and 5 ETH

shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:36:10 PM

Maybe BTC/ETH this question is too much Hard. As my choice i will invest ETH. You can invest 2 of them.
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:22:50 PM

Investing in both is the best way to avoid unpleasant things happen. While i am, more than interest to have 1btc as capital for search profit on exchange. Because it's more certain.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:23:00 PM

I would definetly go with 1 BTC. Sometimes we forget BTC is the main reason we are all here. It's the main coin and probably it will always be.. so it is wiste to think BTC will be ahead of other coins in long term investments.
BTC! BTC! BTC!
Eth is like a trash when compared with bitcoins. It does not stand a chance of selection, it never did. Not just eth but all the other crypto coins are not an option when it comes to the king of the crypto coins world. I prefer bitcoins over ETH.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:51:19 PM

With $3000 to invest, is there any advantages to either, with the expectations/hopes that they both will continue to grow?  Just trying to see what others would do, as I plan to let this initial investment sit for 5yrs minimum in a cold wallet.

Thanks ladies and gents!

Whatever amount I had to invest (unless it was very small), I would split it across several coins. If you like BTC and ETH, why not put half in both? You don't have to buy integer amounts - with cryptocoins you can buy a fraction of a coin.

Rastadon

Activity: 175

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:52:25 PM

See ripple. It's only take few year to become top 3 crypto currency
Not only ripple but ethereum too, Another currency such as lisk and waves already late to take a part in the competition, I think that couldn't be comparable with the top 3 coinmarket capitalization.
As the lisk dev just gives a promise about stable sdk.

henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:31:05 AM

I think that you should invest in both of these coins. They are all potential and I can not tell you which will increase stronger than the other. By holding both coins, you will have more chance to earn money. Bitcoin is a digital gold and ethereum has a big chance to become the online payment methods for everyone using the internet Wink the smart contract is one of the best features of ethereum Cheesy
I don’t think so there is any comparison between eth and bitcoins. Bitcoins are hell better than eth and it is really very insulting for bitcoins that they are compared with a useless coin such as eth. Even waves are far better than this eth. I will never ever recommend invest into eth.
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:08:50 AM

i prefer eth over btc for many reason. i think eth will be $1000 soon and it will gave me better profit than btc and it has really good marketcap right now. we have seen the price and come down to $270 2 days ago and it is the time for the investors to fill their pocket but still it will be better investment than btc and ban on ico's by china really effect its price.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:38:07 PM

I think both will do when you invest but if you have to choose one, i think you should go for btc. Eth is a good coin, it has potential and at some point its value as increased and it will continue to do so. However, btc is better than eth when you want to invest since it is well established and their is a better posibility that its valuewill continue to rise and if you are planning to hold it for a minimum of five years, provided that btc will continue to improve, you wil definitely have a huge profit at the end of it.  
Bitcoin is the best if you are planning to hold long term however the market cap is getting huge as we speak so it is going to become more and more difficult for bitcoin to duplicate its value as that will need more people investing huge sums of money in bitcoin, that is why sometimes it is better to invest in some alts, not only to diversify your portfolio but also as a way to try to get bigger profits in the future.

The length of the term is the determining factor to give an answer for this question.

1 BTC is better, <1 year.

10 ETH is better >1 year.

Since ETH will be more dominatin over BTC, 10 ETH would be better in long run.
10 ETH is better now because it is cheaper, some months ago when ETH was in the middle of its own bubble and it keep going up that was the moment to sell and get bitcoin because there was no way those prices were going to be there for long and I think the same is happening to bitcoin right now and that is why is losing some value in the last week.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:50:48 PM

I think that you should invest in both of these coins. They are all potential and I can not tell you which will increase stronger than the other. By holding both coins, you will have more chance to earn money. Bitcoin is a digital gold and ethereum has a big chance to become the online payment methods for everyone using the internet Wink the smart contract is one of the best features of ethereum Cheesy
I don’t think so there is any comparison between eth and bitcoins. Bitcoins are hell better than eth and it is really very insulting for bitcoins that they are compared with a useless coin such as eth. Even waves are far better than this eth. I will never ever recommend invest into eth.

Eth is not a useless coin mate its very promising coin and has given positive results to its investors and its most popular coin after bitcoins but I do agree that bitcoin is the best coin when it comes to an investment and if I have to choose then I will go for 1 btc instead of 10 ETH.
shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:47:28 AM

if hear about portfolio system,  i think you can use the method to investment. Don't put  All Apple in a box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: