Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:23:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you invest in ICOs?  (Read 8108 times)
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:55:44 PM

It all depends on the type of ICO's
is there is more hype and medium risk. its better to sell off at exchange
 and
if there is more hype and less risk.. its better to hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mister305

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 04:14:44 PM

Mostly pump and dump , few ICO actually being used for real world
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:10:40 PM

The real answer is to expect a great return on the initial investment. I know many are a scam, but some have great potential to become awesome companies in the future!

yea something like 1 per 100 Cheesy will not run away or waste your money.
I was inwesting till it gave me good returns one it stopped then bamm the end.
Currently i will need choose very wisely ICOs Smiley

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:47:43 PM

Most of the ICO are over hyped and only few ICO have potential to grow significantly. Initially when any token will be listed on trading platform there will be huge drop in price and it can even go below ICO price because of weak hands and bounty hunters dumping their holdings. But true investors should wait for more than 6 months to cashout nice profit out of their ICO investments.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:54:24 PM

ICO = Initial Coin Offering is the best way to earn a lot. Because in ICO times the price of Token has so low. If you buy some token on ICO times. So easily you can make a good profit on it. But, some of the ICO is a scam. So you have to find out good ICO and then you can invest on it. Otherwise, you will make a huge loss. So, ICO has advantages and disadvantage too.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 07:04:42 PM

Most of the people invest in ICO because they want to earn money, or they believe that the ICO can become huge in the future, most of the ICO are not that profitable and most of them even turn out as scam, but if you choose the right ICO it can be very profitable, but I don't like to invest in ICO, I don't like to buy something that is uncertain
It is similar reason why people do beloved in Bitcoin and ICO that thing is development. People do believe that having new project is also taking new thing for improvement and progress so if you are going to take risk and support ICO on having a new altcoin in the market you could have its devilment at it most because you can experience how it will start on just merely a project to be a successful ICO in the future.
MadPanda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:02:08 PM

Token sales offer the cheapest prices and can yield massive returns if the company is successful but they can be risky which is why researching what your investing in is so crucial.

sasaku bitbit

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:34:45 PM

I guess some people invest a lot into the ICO because maybe they have a great chance to be the best in the trading market, with competition involving a team of reliable and professional plans and planned then you benefit but are not able to withstand the money fast. so of course we can plan on a good investment
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:23:43 PM

ICO = Initial Coin Offering is the best way to earn a lot. Because in ICO times the price of Token has so low. If you buy some token on ICO times. So easily you can make a good profit on it. But, some of the ICO is a scam. So you have to find out good ICO and then you can invest on it. Otherwise, you will make a huge loss. So, ICO has advantages and disadvantage too.
Since you said that during initial coin offer the price of token is very low,that wont be the case with all the projects,i have seen many projects in the past well going past their ICO price and tanking at the bottom,so what you have to understand is that only the best projects will have those luxuries ,take for example the recently concluded SONM.
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:51:50 AM

Since you said that during initial coin offer the price of token is very low,that wont be the case with all the projects,i have seen many projects in the past well going past their ICO price and tanking at the bottom,so what you have to understand is that only the best projects will have those luxuries ,take for example the recently concluded SONM.

Depending on whether the business offered from ICO has long-term prospects or not, if the ICO we choose already exists that are similar in the market or only visible for short-term interests then we will get bad luck. Presale bonus offerings make us a shareholder in the market, very profitable because with the initial offerings then our profits will double.
caldero

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:54:51 AM

Obviously I invest because I want to make money and the best time is always at the earliest possible.
Blocken

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Lobbyist

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 02:58:57 AM

Because I'll do whatever the hell I want with my money. Because of no faith in stock markets. Because I can get in for the price of a single trade in a stock market. Because it's interesting and new. Because it shows support for all these interesting.

Why DON'T you?

Crypto Advocate. Talking to peeps. *Not Lawyer
Block¤Nebula
Support my lobbying: 15CUf3MzfCCyHX638c1x47fg43A
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:30:48 AM

Mostly pump and dump , few ICO actually being used for real world

It is completely true statement. I have observed too that most of the ICO will end up as way of getting quick profits on the exchangers with the help of presale tokens or later in the market when they are listed. There are only rare ICO who develops their own product to finish line and release it in the market. Now that's the real deal behind any ICO, "raising funds for project development". However people mistakenly use it for quick rich profits.

Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:32:04 AM

Depending on whether the business offered from ICO has long-term prospects or not, if the ICO we choose already exists that are similar in the market or only visible for short-term interests then we will get bad luck. Presale bonus offerings make us a shareholder in the market, very profitable because with the initial offerings then our profits will double.
Indeed, the average investment of short term is less profitable than the long term. But there are also profitable short term investments while maintaining market activity and also depending on the specifications of the project good or not.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
RedX

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:11:55 AM

Most people invest in ICOs to sell tokens for higher prices after the ico or to be able to get tokens at the lowest price. Ultimate goal of both is profit.

I also invest for ico to get profit. They always advertsise their tokens with many features but we know many of them are copycats of another coin. We are not still sure what are the real use of these ICOs but as long as it brings money then I'm in.
meriver

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 04:20:55 AM

I've invested in a few, but just like startups I expect 99%+ not to live up to expectations.  
I'm a bit picky about fundamentals.  

1) Potential for huge gains just like BTC/ETH on the 1% chance it does work out.
2) Easy access and less regulatory hurdle for smaller investors

Other reasons people might:
1) There seems to be a premium to even get in the hot ICOs so you can flip it for a profit on an exchange
2) As long as there is a market where people are buying ICOs at a premium at an exchange it makes sense.
3) A lot of wealthy BTC/ETH holders are hooked on the ICO idea (ETH was the original big ICO).  They're using house money and are less fearful of loss, diversifying holdings and also wanting to support their ecosystem
Gastotade

Activity: 545

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:11:11 AM

I've invested in a few, but just like startups I expect 99%+ not to live up to expectations.  

1) Potential for huge gains just like BTC/ETH on the 1% chance it does work out.

1) There seems to be a premium to even get in the hot ICOs so you can flip it for a profit on an exchange
2) As long as there is a market where people are buying ICOs at a premium at an exchange it makes sense.
3) A lot of wealthy BTC/ETH holders are hooked on the ICO idea (ETH was the original big ICO).  They're using house money and are less fearful of loss, diversifying holdings and also wanting to support their ecosystem

Indeed ICO can be a great source of income,and investing on the most potential ICO can sure our earnings, many get successful on doing it. Investing and being part of a project helps us to have tokens that can be beneficial in the future.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

ibuddy122505

Activity: 1057
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 04:07:17 PM

Indeed ICO can be a great source of income,and investing on the most potential ICO can sure our earnings, many get successful on doing it. Investing and being part of a project helps us to have tokens that can be beneficial in the future.
I have no argue with that. I like this idea, during the crowdsale events invest there and get paid in the specific ICO token. A single success of any ICO returns us decent profit. But, ICOs are full of risks, even some of them can get failed, some of them can turn to scam. These are the worst part of ICO project, must accept all these risk.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:23:36 PM

I have no argue with that. I like this idea, during the crowdsale events invest there and get paid in the specific ICO token. A single success of any ICO returns us decent profit. But, ICOs are full of risks, even some of them can get failed, some of them can turn to scam. These are the worst part of ICO project, must accept all these risk.

ICO can be very beneficial if we choose the right one. There are many new coins which people try to develop nowadays and we have to be very selective if we wanted to invest on some of them. One of the benchmarks I use in determining where I'm going to invest is who's behind the development of the coin. If the person has a good and reliable track record, I will follow it.

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:49:38 PM

I don't see anything wrong investing on ICOs. Many people earned money and multiplied their investments on good ICOs. The most important thing there is learn their product by reading or at least scan their whitepaper and take a look at their team if reliable enough.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████