Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WDC] Worldcoin | 0.17.1 Released! | AuxPoW w/ LWMA diff algorithm. Resync Req.  (Read 442019 times)
asicpool.org

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 12:20:25 PM

We added your coin to our pool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yoshi Livo

Activity: 544
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

you probably already guessed that my team of people was not interested in picking this coin up. I think something needs to be done to prevent double spend attacks from happening, network is too small at this moment, you can't invest in a coin when it is as weak as it is today. I'm willing to help, but I won't lead the way. Good luck!
metall5468

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

Hi

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:35:26 PM

you probably already guessed that my team of people was not interested in picking this coin up. I think something needs to be done to prevent double spend attacks from happening, network is too small at this moment, you can't invest in a coin when it is as weak as it is today. I'm willing to help, but I won't lead the way. Good luck!

If your willing to help please join discord. Ill send you a PM.
faheshang

Activity: 99
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:58:55 AM

Where do I download the latest wallet for WDC?
walnutter

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:27:59 PM

Where do I download the latest wallet for WDC?

Latest Worldcoin wallet source code is here https://github.com/WorldcoinGlobal/WorldcoinPanel/releases
and
latest compiled wallet is here https://downloads.worldcoin.global/wallets/
Read the README.pdf found on that address.

These links are derived from http://cryptocoin.cc/?newsid=00370

karl_kauffmann

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

CoinToMine.Today

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 09:30:37 PM

ShitToMine - Mining Calculator ShitToMine - Coin Graph ShitToMine - Pool  

I have recently added Worldcoin (WDC)  to provide soon Mining Calculation, Pools and Exchanges listing some others interesting statistics and Graph about this coin.

Worldcoin (WDC)

ShitToMine - Worldcoin (WDC)

CointToMine.Today The Swiss Army Knife For Miner... Mining Calculator, Mining Stats & Graph
dasHimalay

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:05:29 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2018, 11:31:37 PM by dasHimalay

Nova Exchange opened deposit for WDC coin. Now you can deposit, withdraw and trade WDC coin in Nova! Check Nova exchange News page for more information!  Smiley
https://novaexchange.com/
Spabupe

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:47:23 PM

Hello guys, it's Xanur here from the worldcoin global forum and discord.

I'm not good with words and english is not my first language so I will get to the point.

A lot has happened the last couple of years in the history of Worldcoin. We have had our ups and downs (mostly). After the Scharmbeck incident/scam or whatever you want to call it, we lost most of our community members. Some community members tried to pick it up and continue the further development of Worldcoin.

First the Worldcoin Alliance was formed. I don't know the details, but most of the board members disappeared just like the first team. Thankfully Berzeck picked up the project and continued the development of the Worldcoin wallet. As most of you know, Berzeck stepped down in 2017 because of issues with a Chinese group of people.

Berzeck left the Worldcoin protocol mostly untouched, because of disagreement within the community. Because of this the asics/multipools hit us hard and peaks in network difficulty led to an unstable network, too fast or too slow blocktimes etc. Alferz from the Worldcoin Global forum came up with the proposal to fork Worldcoin and use the CryptoNight PoW algorithm as a (temporary) solution. I support this as a temporary solution and decided to work on this as of september.

I want to hear what the community thinks about this, and if there is support from within the community. Keep in mind this is a temporary solution and after the fork is done, I want to come up with a longterm plan for further development.

I am aiming for a fork Q4 this year. However my resources (mostly time) is also limited. Nevertheless development will continue on.
metall5468

Hi

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:38:47 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 09:31:38 PM by metall5468

I'm not good with words and english is not my first language so I will get to the point.

A lot has happened the last couple of years in the history of Worldcoin. We have had our ups and downs (mostly). After the Scharmbeck incident/scam or whatever you want to call it, we lost most of our community members. Some community members tried to pick it up and continue the further development of Worldcoin.

First the Worldcoin Alliance was formed. I don't know the details, but most of the board members disappeared just like the first team. Thankfully Berzeck picked up the project and continued the development of the Worldcoin wallet. As most of you know, Berzeck stepped down in 2017 because of issues with a Chinese group of people.

Berzeck left the Worldcoin protocol mostly untouched, because of disagreement within the community. Because of this the asics/multipools hit us hard and peaks in network difficulty led to an unstable network, too fast or too slow blocktimes etc. Alferz from the Worldcoin Global forum came up with the proposal to fork Worldcoin and use the CryptoNight PoW algorithm as a (temporary) solution. I support this as a temporary solution and decided to work on this as of september.

I want to hear what the community thinks about this, and if there is support from within the community. Keep in mind this is a temporary solution and after the fork is done, I want to come up with a longterm plan for further development.

I am aiming for a fork Q4 this year. However my resources (mostly time) is also limited. Nevertheless development will continue on.

Sound great Xanur. If there are any Devs who want to help, or anyone who is interested in joining the worldcoin community discussions on discord, please join.

https://discord.gg/Hy6a3sc
vitjuhhino

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:26:29 PM

Why do you want to switch to temporary solution now when blocktimes are ideal for most time in this year??? Do you see any multipool atacks coming soon?
I think that if you want to change something then let's do it permanently without temporary pitstops.

Spabupe

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:41:31 AM

Why do you want to switch to temporary solution now when blocktimes are ideal for most time in this year??? Do you see any multipool atacks coming soon?
I think that if you want to change something then let's do it permanently without temporary pitstops.

I'm sure you know what happened last year in june when the price of WDC pumped. The difficulty rose too much because it became more profitable to mine WDC compared to other scrypt based cryptocurrencies. This led to multipools constantly jumping in and out of the network creating a unstable and unreliable network (blocktimes of 60+ minutes). As soon as the price started to fall it became worse. The hashrates dropped too much, because we have no dedicated group of miners. This I blame mostly on the entry value to purchase asics. We had to wait an x amount of blocks before the difficulty adjusted.  Exchanges halted deposites and withdrawals of funds, because it was basicly not holding up to the expectations.

I think we should learn from these events and be prepared incase we have another peak in prices. The same events will occur again. That's why we should try to minimize future negative impacts on the reliability of the network.

I'm sorry, I think I shouldn't have used the word temporary in my last post. The truth is, 100 percent of all cryptocurrency rely on temporary solutions to solve their problems. A permanent solution is in fact impossible. That's why we see most of the top cryptocurrencies update their code constantly. They evolve based on obstacles they encounter, research, new requirements etc.
vitjuhhino

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:03:53 PM

Well, then it's OK for me. Cheesy

But I see another challenge for you:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This domain is expired. If you are the domain owner please click here to renew it.
worldcoin.global
2018 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither the service provider nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum have been down for a while for now, before going down it looked like a trashbin. Now the official homepage is down. That's bad.
metall5468

Hi

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:23:24 AM

Well, then it's OK for me. Cheesy

But I see another challenge for you:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This domain is expired. If you are the domain owner please click here to renew it.

worldcoin.global
2018 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither the service provider nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers. In case of trademark issues please contact the domain owner directly (contact information can be found in whois).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum have been down for a while for now, before going down it looked like a trashbin. Now the official homepage is down. That's bad.

Berzeck is contacting the person hosting the site and domain to get it back up and running.

JavaScrypt

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:24:18 PM

http://forum.worldcoin.global/
toogoody

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:00:11 AM

List of Worldcoin mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/worldcoin
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:30:34 AM

sounds good

anything will be an improvement upon the mess world coin is now

to let a project of its previous size be reduced to the joke that it currently is is mismanagement of the previous dev  at best and outright deliberate sabotage of all its supporters investments at worst

marecek666

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:55:11 AM

perfect
link to new WDC discord?
Will domain worldcoin.global remain?
marecek666

Activity: 236
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:03:02 PM

any news? looking at the market am surprised about unusual activity  Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:38:34 PM

I heard wdc is next for the chop for cryptopia

I hope not because that is going to be hard to get back on if it happens

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:56:16 AM

I heard wdc is next for the chop for cryptopia

I hope not because that is going to be hard to get back on if it happens

If they have listed WDC for the chop it will be very hard to dissuade them.  Once the Cryptopia team has made its mind up, that tends to be that.

Please note:  NovaExchange is re-opening very soon, and WDC is still listed there.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: