Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:35:59 PM

many thanks for your write-up theymos...i hope you don't mind if i ask.... If i use my broker wallet to do the first transfere of existing funds and then a thin clinet on my main machine, uninstalling the client afterwards because i prefer paperwallets, would that be ok assuming the broker was ok....

In the thin client section 4 you mention importing your "private keys". If i only had one wallet and only intended to send it to one wallet would your "private keys" read just "private key" . I've only got one wallet and only intend to send it to one wallet (very small amount)

i would really prefer to use core because i only have to trust core, im in the process of installing it...

May i also ask... Once core is installed i would like to spllt my note into smaller wallets for the kids. I get making secure paper wallets and replacing my brokers wallet, but im stuck on the wallet may only be used once bit. How do i split it into smalls if i can only use it for one transaction...  i havnt seen the core interface yet, im just really hoping in the send section there is a little plus to add more address's and im really hoping the 'can use wallet only once' should be "should really only use wallet only once because after that the key is ecposed", or is the "only once" really mean only one instance, yep, hangin to see core...

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:37:24 PM

Thanks for all updates, everything was very clear.

AnfisKatechkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

I got BTC-e'd... I got WEXed...

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:45:06 PM

I see that you know many things but maybe you can just instruct me? What should I do?
Load up your Bitcoin Core wallet into Bitcoin Core. Move your coins to new addresses. Export the private keys of the addresses that previously held the coin. Import them into a BCH client. Done.

Thanks! I appreciate your help!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:54:37 PM

First learn how Bitcoin actually works.

In the thin client section 4 you mention importing your "private keys". If i only had one wallet and only intended to send it to one wallet would your "private keys" read just "private key" . I've only got one wallet and only intend to send it to one wallet (very small amount)
What is a wallet? A wallet is a collection of key pairs. If you have BTC on multiple addresses, then we are talking about multiple private keys. If all your Bitcoin are on a single address, then you only need the private key of that address.

i would really prefer to use core because i only have to trust core, im in the process of installing it...
You don't have to trust Bitcoin Core. You can review the whole code yourself, compile and build the wallet. Alternatively, you are not just "trusting" Core, but every single person that has ever reviewed that code.

You're welcome.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
paragoncoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:09:01 PM

Thanks for this summary!

Can coinbase decide to observe the split still? Or a coinbase wallet holders just out of luck for bitcoin cash?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:11:03 PM

Can coinbase decide to observe the split still? Or a coinbase wallet holders just out of luck for bitcoin cash?
No. So far, Coinbase has decided not to credit any of its users with BCH. They have made this explicitly clear before the fork occurred, and recommended that you transfer out your coins if you want BCH.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
God.Of.Gambler

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:12:09 PM

Great information, at least for member like me that use bitcoin most only for gambling ans betting purpose..

But its still had chance turbulance and technical issue until 10th august rite?
BlackSovereign

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:13:42 PM

I have a keepkey hardwallet with 3 BTC before the fork.
Do I have to do something? Should I do something?

Thanks!
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:26:46 PM

Thanks!

you don't have to do anything

should BCH actually become liquid and of value in the future you can deal with it then

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Chandu141

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:28:18 PM

Thanks!

Claiming BCC is optional.. unless you want to claim BCC , you don't need to do anything and continue using BTC normally.

if you like to claim BCC, wait until someone's reply who claimed BCC from keepkey but i doubt if it works or not.

Servalead7

Activity: 224

I happy to part this Bitcoin Forum

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:52:15 PM

Finally, the long wait is over. I saw the new changes today at the coin market. There are two separate Bitcoin: The Bitcoin & the Bitcoin Cash. I would like to congratulate the Bitcoin holders.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:07:08 PM

thanks for the update.. glad that this fork's effects are insignificant.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 04:11:21 PM

glad that this fork's effects are insignificant.
time will tell.

Chandu141

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:19:09 PM

time will tell.

It's been almost 24 hours and only 3 blocks mined .. i am guessing that Bitcoincash will die and people just trade with what ever airdrop they got on any exchanges unless miners shift from BTC to BCC pools  Grin

micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:23:07 PM

time will tell.

It's been almost 24 hours and only 3 blocks mined .. i am guessing that Bitcoincash will die and people just trade with what ever airdrop they got on any exchanges unless miners shift from BTC to BCC pools  Grin

There are no few blocks getting mined currently because they have to slow down the mining for a 12 hour period in order to dramatically lower the difficulty level, so that they can mine properly with what they've got thereafter
TheFriends

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:40:07 PM

so can anyone explain what changed in BTC code? 

You can see that on the following website:https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:43:07 PM

what is the risk to import the core private keys to this wallet? With this is not possible to control the same private keys to both chains?
is not better?

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
KNK

Activity: 692
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:54:09 PM

i now have 8.07 coins in a core wallet  which means i have 8 + 8

or  8 x 2700 + 8 x 1000 but that 8000 is frozen  for a bit.
and when they get unfrozen their value will be close to 0.

The price surge right now is because there is a limited amount of coins in the exchanges that provided them. It is easy to buy a large amount of them at lower price and the shortage drives the price higher ... then you drop them at higher price with profit and the price goes down ... then you buy again and then ... until the exchanges open deposits and a fresh volume of coins comes, then guess who will sell first before even the first deposit gets confirmed? No way to get any value from those 8 BCH

Mega Crypto Polis - www.MegaCryptoPolis.com
BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
robertbruce

Activity: 61

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:58:27 PM

First learn how Bitcoin actually works.

What is a wallet? A wallet is a collection of key pairs. If you have BTC on multiple addresses, then we are talking about multiple private keys. If all your Bitcoin are on a single address, then you only need the private key of that address.

You don't have to trust Bitcoin Core. You can review the whole code yourself, compile and build the wallet. Alternatively, you are not just "trusting" Core, but every single person that has ever reviewed that code.

You're welcome.

learn how bitcoin works, lol, I gota' learn how to ask a question first.... i missed a sentence or two and really should adopt "import" and "export" more, it would show my questions in a different light...you must sit there shakin' your head half the night lol....

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
aesma

Activity: 2394
Merit: 918

fly or die

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:58:39 PM

what is the risk to import the core private keys to this wallet? With this is not possible to control the same private keys to both chains?
is not better?

You're giving the key to your money to a random, unproven, untested piece of software.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: