Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:55:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
beel

Activity: 801
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:12:40 AM

Hi guys

today i sent my bitcoins from localbitcoin to bittrex.com (Bcc wallet)(Bitcoin cash wallet) by mistake 1 bitcoin

can this be recovered i am really depressed cox thats a lot of money for me

Do bittrex hold my private keys of bcc?

I did email them a waiting for a reply

Help would be much appreciated as i dont really know about BCC

.Satcrash.
                     ▄▄████
                ▄▄▄██▀█████
              ▄█▄▄▄▄███▀██
            ▄██████████
    ▄█████████████████
   ▄▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀██▀
       ▄████████████▀
     ▄▄████████████
   ▄██████████████
  ▄█████████▀████
 █████████▀     ██▀
▀▄██████▀      ▀
▄▀▀▄▀▀
.THE PREMIER CRASH GAME.
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████████
█████▀▀  ▄▄▄███▄▄▄  ▀▀█████
████  ▄█████████████▄  ████
████  ██████████▀▀███  ████
████  ███▀▀███▀  ▄███  ████
████  ███▄  ▀  ▄█████  ████
████  ▀████▄ ▄██████▀  ████
█████  ▀███████████▀  █████
██████▄  ▀███████▀  ▄██████
████████▄  ▀▀█▀▀  ▄████████
███████████▄▄ ▄▄███████████
███████████  ██  █  █
PROVABLY
FAIR

█████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
██████▀             ▀██████
█████▀    ▄█████▄    ▀█████
█████     ██   ██     █████
█████     ▀█████▀     █████
█████   ▄█████████▄   █████
██████ ██▀       ▀██ ██████
█████████         █████████
██████████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄██████████
█████▀▀▀████▀ ▀████▀▀▀█████
██▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██
███████████  ██  █  █
AFFILIATE
PROGRAM

█████
█████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█████████
███████▀▄█████████▄▀███████
██████ █████████████ ██████
█████ ███████████████ █████
███▀█   ▀█████████▀   █▀███
██  █    █████████    █  ██
███▄█▄  ▄█████████▄   █▄███
████████████▀▀▀██████ █████
████████████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████  ██  █  █
24/7
SUPPORTS

█████
..BET NOW..
CryptoCowwboy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:35:12 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 02:52:16 PM by CryptoCowwboy

Does anybody else have the Bread wallet? I do not see the BCC coins? I have read the Bread wallet website. It seems as though there is nothing for us to do except wait. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:41:25 AM

Does anybody else have the Bread wallet? Do you know how to retrieve the BCC?
Step 1) Get a brain.
Step 2) Learn how to use the internet.
Step 3) Use Google.
Step 4) Find the first search result: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6btevz/how_do_i_import_my_12_breadwallet_seed_words_into/.
Step 4.1) Newer source (if still stuck): https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/53458/how-do-i-import-my-12-breadwallet-seed-words-into-electrum/53461.
Step 5) Find BCH fork of Electrum, i.e. called Electron.
Step 6) Done.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
guclu

Activity: 260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:52:21 AM

I was keeping my BTC in the Jaxx wallet as they suggested in a post but my BCH / BCC never appeared in the wallet because there were no updates to the app. So I thought I should have kept it there till an updated version comes out, but today I got a confirmation that my claimed BCC will appear in a further version even if I transfer my BTC's now. Just an info for anyone searching an update about Jaxx wallet Smiley
AFAIK Jaxx let's you see your private keys, thus you can use them somewhere else. In order to claim BCH you do the following:
1) Move your BTC to new addresses (do not use the same private keys on the BTC network again).
2) Export the private keys of the addresses that you had BTC on at the time of the fork.
3) Download and install a BCH client.
4) Import your private keys.
5) Done.

FYI, I wouldn't recommend using Jaxx in its current state anyways.

I am not really in a hurry to claim the bch BUT... if this is actually a suggestion I might miss the opportunity to sell them at these better prices, I am eager to listen Cheesy

lindraks

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:41:07 AM

Sorry to put a new message.

Nobody knows about how to import a multisig wallet from copay to Electron/Electrum.

Private key seems to not be compatible.

Thanks a lot
(after that I stop flooding   Embarrassed )
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:02:40 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 12:04:05 PM by Lauda

I am not really in a hurry to claim the bch BUT... if this is actually a suggestion I might miss the opportunity to sell them at these better prices, I am eager to listen Cheesy
Okay?

Sorry to put a new message.

Nobody knows about how to import a multisig wallet from copay to Electron/Electrum.

Private key seems to not be compatible.
First download a full client, i.e. Bitcoin ABC and sync it up. After that you should contact me. Alternatively if you want to save time, I could do this for you.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
axelR

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:45:04 AM

Thanks for your info!
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:14:48 PM

Does anyone know if there is a definitive list of bitcoin exchanges and wallets that are going to be distributing bitcoincash?  Smiley

What distribution? It's already over even If you add bitcoins into exchanges right now, you won't be credited BCH and If you are looking for exchanges that accept deposits with low amount of confirmation then I suggest HitBTC, and for a full list check CoinMarketCap as BitcoinCash official site seem to be outdated.

you can still claim with your local wallet, any privatekey that go through the fork and was holding bitcoin before it, i'm sure not everyone claimed his/her bitcoin cash yet
You're right Amph and I'm among the people who haven't claim their bitcoin cash because I have not understand how the BCH and BCC system works very well and that's because I wanted to stick to only bitcoin not altcoin just created. To me bitcoin cash might be altcoin and what I wanted is the really bitcoin.

I will be glad if you could let me know if I'm leaving something behind or something.

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:39:40 PM

Good explanation and thanks for the information.

duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

Any special speculation threads for BCH please? I think I can't discuss them here.
Still if somebody could help, just tell me when the hell will this BullshitCash ever get pumped back? Now I am in a totally "fucked up" condition due to its price going 1/4th the price where I bought. Is it ever going to make that high or even my buy price (BTC0.21) back or is it a dream anyways?

If you bought BCC then I fear you will have to put the trade down as lost or at best wait a very very long time to recoup the losses.

Long time but till when? Can anyone speculate about that too?
I am scared myself why the hell did I even believe in this crap coin! I believe I did it just because it emerged from Bitcoin itself and is going to run with it hand in hand and seeing support of some big companies made me think that this will be something for at least a few days but it proved a nightmare for me.

If it were me I'd dump and move on but I have no patience and the sight of it going down lower each day would just make things worse.
Typically the moves I make are the wrong ones, so do the oppositte of what i would do would probably be your best choice.

That's what I would do too. Cut the losses and pump whatever cash you have left from the sell back into something more profitable - BTC, ETH, STRATIS, SC, or MAID.

Dumping and moving on but with what? None of the coins may do a 4x instant but I have been told by some crypto friends to wait till 8th August, I have also seen the supporter of BCH (Roger Ver) selling his BTC for BCC (don't know exactly what he did) but it could prove good for BCH and I am ready to wait with the amount of coins I have invested because it's too early and I think this will prove to be one of my longest trades I will ever have. I am extremely happy to see Bitcoins above 3270 (at the time of writing this) an hope to see higher prices like 4k becoming possible easily now.

2doubleO I hope you took my advice NOT to do what I would have done, dump your bcc. I am 100% sure it will be back to and above ytour .21 buy in pretty soon.

I still cannot find the 1.09 bcc I should have after rescanning my core wallet. Can anyone explain how it is possible I came up short 1.09 bcc when I had that amount in my core wallet over a week before the split and never touched the wallet until 3 days after the split? is there anything else I can try to get them to show up on the bcc chain?

What is really weird is that when I entered my backup wallet.dat file in my newly downloaded core wallet, there it showed a 1 bitcoin balance (it should have showed zero balance). When I tried to send .01 btc the transaction never confirmed and the balance went to zero. I then rescanned the wallet and it showed up again, and this time I tried to send .01 bcc to my bittrex address and the same thing happened - no confirmations and the balance then went from 1 btc to zero. I am stumped.
devonbuy

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:00:07 PM

I still cannot find the 1.09 bcc I should have after rescanning my core wallet. Can anyone explain how it is possible I came up short 1.09 bcc when I had that amount in my core wallet over a week before the split and never touched the wallet until 3 days after the split? is there anything else I can try to get them to show up on the bcc chain?

What is really weird is that when I entered my backup wallet.dat file in my newly downloaded core wallet, there it showed a 1 bitcoin balance (it should have showed zero balance). When I tried to send .01 btc the transaction never confirmed and the balance went to zero. I then rescanned the wallet and it showed up again, and this time I tried to send .01 bcc to my bittrex address and the same thing happened - no confirmations and the balance then went from 1 btc to zero. I am stumped.

I think it is because the original 1.09 btc is sitting in a different sub-wallet address/"folder" in your Blockchain wallet, i.e. at Settings > Addresses (below My Bitcoin Wallet - default). This address could be under a different private key from the main one in your core wallet. This was what I experienced. Also, any "old" bitcoin from before 1st August, if moved after 1st August, will not show up as BCC in the alternative wallet.

The step-by-step guide to retrieve or claim your Bitcoin Cash (BCC) with the BTC in your Blockchain wallet may be found at http://www.coinpurveyor.com/how-to-claim-bitcoin-cash-from-blockchain-wallet/.
MetaVerde

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:35:01 PM

Does anyone know if there is a definitive list of bitcoin exchanges and wallets that are going to be distributing bitcoincash?  Smiley

What distribution? It's already over even If you add bitcoins into exchanges right now, you won't be credited BCH and If you are looking for exchanges that accept deposits with low amount of confirmation then I suggest HitBTC, and for a full list check CoinMarketCap as BitcoinCash official site seem to be outdated.

you can still claim with your local wallet, any privatekey that go through the fork and was holding bitcoin before it, i'm sure not everyone claimed his/her bitcoin cash yet
You're right Amph and I'm among the people who haven't claim their bitcoin cash because I have not understand how the BCH and BCC system works very well and that's because I wanted to stick to only bitcoin not altcoin just created. To me bitcoin cash might be altcoin and what I wanted is the really bitcoin.

I will be glad if you could let me know if I'm leaving something behind or something.

I am in a very similar position regarding not wanting to split it yet, not being savvy.

There is some talk that BCH is the real bitcoin, though, coming from a core group of purists, right?
And it looks like BCH is recovering on the market.

Interesting times for sure.
EmCoins

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:00:07 PM

After the hardfork Bitcoin's price soars to new all time highs.

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:33:37 PM

After the hardfork Bitcoin's price soars to new all time highs.

And bitcoin cash crushes eth like a bug.
usama_goraya

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:08:44 PM

Hi. That post was helpful. Can someone guide me on how to import private keys from this wallet (android app, though it is listed on bitcoin.org) to a BCH wallet.  That will be really helpful to me.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
CharlieDevo

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:56:02 PM

Nice article with clearly stated risks...

For a comprehensive guide on how to split out your BTC to BCC safely and securely, this is well worth a read Cool

http://alts-club.com/docs/how-to-get-free-bcc-from-btc.php#BTC-BCC

BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6164

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:19:28 PM

Hi. That post was helpful. Can someone guide me on how to import private keys from this wallet (android app, though it is listed on bitcoin.org) to a BCH wallet.  That will be really helpful to me.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet

You must first export[1] the private keys from your current wallet which could be quite challenging compared to the other wallets, then you can import[1] them to Coinomi android wallet which I consider as the easiest option where there is no need to download the blockchain or anything, any other BCH wallet is just fine though.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2061691.new (this is available on the second link as well)
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.4700;topicseen

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
pontoumporcento

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:19:03 PM

Good news all over the place. Split didn't happen, segwit went through OK, we get free money from BCH and BTC is increasing. What a day to be alive.
gio999

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:31:17 PM

Winnipeg, Canada - $0.066 USD/kwh.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:31:20 PM

die in a fire NxtChg, your shit is well known

& he can't spell "numbnuts."   Grin

After getting his head handed to him by you guys, he's now trying to pay his way out buy friends...  lol   Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2072933.msg20707011#msg20707011

LULZ  FTFY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: