Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:34:26 PM

If anyone needs help to use Bitcoin ABC, I'm happy to help.

Hit me up and I will help you get your BitcoinCash BCC's... If you have yet to do it. Thanks

Kind regards,
-D  Cool

WARNING: Newbie user, don´t give your private keys to anybody!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-DarkByDesign-

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:47:27 PM

Hit me up and I will help you get your BitcoinCash BCC's... If you have yet to do it. Thanks

Kind regards,
-D  Cool

I said I would help....I didn't say I need any keys..... It took me awhile to figure out how to get the coins from an EXODUS wallet which did not support BCC,
although I did transfer all my BTC into that wallet before the 1st of August.

Then using Bitcoin ABC, I managed to export the Key from Exodus Wallet which was (EMPTY) of any Bitcoins into Bitcoin ABC and managed to get equivalent of BTC in BCC on my Bitcoin ABC platform.

Just seen so many people on here having so much trouble trying to figure out how to do this from unsupported wallets which offer the EXPORT of private keys.

Kind regards,
-D
ashish1234

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:11:47 PM

Kind regards,
-D  Cool

I said I would help....I didn't say I need any keys..... It took me awhile to figure out how to get the coins from an EXODUS wallet which did not support BCC,
although I did transfer all my BTC into that wallet before the 1st of August.

Then using Bitcoin ABC, I managed to export the Key from Exodus Wallet which was (EMPTY) of any Bitcoins into Bitcoin ABC and managed to get equivalent of BTC in BCC on my Bitcoin ABC platform.

Just seen so many people on here having so much trouble trying to figure out how to do this from unsupported wallets which offer the EXPORT of private keys.

Kind regards,
-D

You should share your tips here so that maximum user can get benefit right.

-DarkByDesign-

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:05:34 PM

In order for this to work.

You need to download Bitcoin ABC - then leave your PC on for about 3-4 days, so that the BlockChain information gets downloaded, you would need 130GB of space on a HDD you'd be using.

You also need to have a wallet which where you had BTC in there between 31 July - 1st August. Wallet can now be Empty and you need to be able to Generate Private Keys from that Wallet.

Then using Bitcoin ABC, you need to use the Console to insert the PrivateKey.

I will need to find a link to the tutorial I used which worked. Will link the Youtube video later.

Kind regards,
-D
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:35:11 PM

You need to download Bitcoin ABC - then leave your PC on for about 3-4 days, so that the BlockChain information gets downloaded, you would need 130GB of space on a HDD you'd be using.

You also need to have a wallet which where you had BTC in there between 31 July - 1st August. Wallet can now be Empty and you need to be able to Generate Private Keys from that Wallet.

I will need to find a link to the tutorial I used which worked. Will link the Youtube video later.

Kind regards,
-D

Im looking for a video of how to do it from corewallet. If you can make that youtube vid then great - maybe include a few different ways. Put up a donation address and if i like the tutorial i will send you a decent tip after. Include no dodgy scammy stuff, like unknown links/downloads please.

What an exchange needs to do or another wallet software needs to do is offer a feature where you can just upload your wallet.dat and your BCH is all there instantly.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
-DarkByDesign-

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:42:21 PM

Kind regards,
-D

Im looking for a video of how to do it from corewallet. If you can make that youtube vid then great - maybe include a few different ways. Put up a donation address and if i like the tutorial i will send you a decent tip after. Include no dodgy scammy stuff, like unknown links/downloads please.

What an exchange needs to do or another wallet software needs to do is offer a feature where you can just upload your wallet.dat and your BCH is all there instantly.

Hey buddy,

Can you do me a favour and link me to CoreWallet I want to make sure exactly what wallet you are using. I want to find out exactly how you export your key, then will show you how to do it on here. Thanks

Kind regards,
-D
bitjoin

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:27:06 PM

Im looking for a video of how to do it from corewallet.

Hey buddy,

Can you do me a favour and link me to CoreWallet

I'm using this wallet currently: https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/desktop/windows/bitcoincore/

What i'll probably do is move all the bitcoin out of my wallet first and then go from there.

THE BEST IN SPACE
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
▀▀███
▀▀████
▀████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀

▀██
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
....JOIN NOW....
-DarkByDesign-

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:38:41 PM

Im looking for a video of how to do it from corewallet.

Hey buddy,

Can you do me a favour and link me to CoreWallet

I'm using this wallet currently: https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/desktop/windows/bitcoincore/

What i'll probably do is move all the bitcoin out of my wallet first and then go from there.

That's exactly what I did, so this is the steps to getting a PrivateKey for your current Bitcoin Core Wallet:

launch your bitcoin client as usual and wait for it to load the blockchain and start up
click on 'help' in the menu bar (top right)
click on 'debug window'
select the 'console' tab
type: walletpassphrase "your walletpassphrase here" 600
type: dumpprivkey [your Bitcoin address here]
this will return the private key, you can copy it now; ensure you clear your clipboard/history afterwards
type: walletlock

--------------

What I would do if I was you is transfer all your Bitcoins to a safe location/wallet.

Then Export/Dump the PrivateKey as stated in the guide I've for Bitcoin Core in this post.

Once you have your privateKey, then follow my Guide in the previous post. on Bitcoin ABC.

You would need 120GB of available space when you create Bitcoin ABC to sync the Blockchain. Smiley

If you need any help or anything, hit me up, I'm happy to help.

Kind regards,
-D
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:09:09 PM

Can someone explain to me why bitcoin is gaining at Lightning speed when other popular coins are down? Looking to get into the market but I just can't seem to get a solid grasp on what is happening.

There can be only ONE Bitcoin  Wink

Altcoins are s#1tcoins.

Get some BTC now.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:20:51 AM

Probably because you have < .003BTC

Tx fee might be BTC.003+  You'd lose it all anyway.  Grin

Where is your coin?  In an exchange? On the Blockchain?

cool site:  http://satoshitobitcoin.co/ "Satoshi to BTC calculator"
taskmaru

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:11:36 AM

Strange,

when i send BTC to a new wallet, the BCC gets sent with it.
When the old, empty BTC key is imported into bitcoinABC wallet it shows the BCC moved also with the btc.  Undecided
Gdemoilyam

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:21:37 AM

Hey buddy,

Can you do me a favour and link me to CoreWallet I want to make sure exactly what wallet you are using. I want to find out exactly how you export your key, then will show you how to do it on here. Thanks

Kind regards,
-D

Hi , I usy the app GreenAddress by my iPhone. Could you help me to find a privat key ? thanks
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:35:50 AM

2nd post........I have 289,507 sat. why cant I withdraw.....on on Mars.......please help

Already exaggerating on his first post.  LMAO   Roll Eyes

Like we can't read,  or count to 2. 
User101112

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:07:54 AM

120gb for BitcoinABC? they gotta fix blockchain size sometime soon. Soon it will be 1 Tera or what
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:46:11 AM

120gb for BitcoinABC? they gotta fix blockchain size sometime soon. Soon it will be 1 Tera or what

No doubt it will be hell bigger once they start to actually mine those 8 MB blocks with such huge sizes for each block...
I wonder where did those people go who had more than 100k BTC sitting tight in their wallets and had never been moved in a single transaction???
Did they even bother to try to claim their "BCH" or they don't even give a damn about it???

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:22:29 AM

[edited out]

>Question 1:  I believe that understand that when I reseed the blockchain.info wallet onto the ledger nano s, then more or less, I have created a copy of access to the coins that I see through the blockchain.info wallet through the ledger.  So does that mean that after I reseed the ledger nano s, then I am going to be able to see the available BTC both through the blockchain.info wallet and ledger nano s wallet?  

Yes.

>or does that mean that once I reseed the private keys to the ledger nano s wallet, then I will no longer be able to see them through the blockchain.info wallet?

No.

>Question 2:  You said that once I reseed the ledger nano s wallet, I should be able to see both the BTC and the BCH through the ledger nano s wallet software, and before I split them, they will be under the same private key;

Yes.  But you'll have to change between BCT and BCH blockchains (in Chrome app) to see the respective balances.  fwiw, the app only knows/references public keys.

>however, after I split them they will each have their own new private keys?  

If you move BCH to a new address (I'd use the "Split" wallet for this) then that BHC will be associated with a new private/public key pair, yes.  But the BTC will still remain where it was (i.e. still be associated with the old private/public key pair - which may not be desired if your worry about replay).  Unless you also move it.

>So, after I split the BTC and BCH, the wallet of the old private keys will become emptied of either BTC or BCH.. and the BTC and the BCH that was previously available in old wallet will each have new and separate private keys  and the old wallet will be completely empty of BTC and BCH -

Again, moving BCH and BTC are separate actions as they occur with separate transactions on separate blockchains.  You can move one, the other, both or neither ;-)

>Question 3) assuming that the old wallet is completely empty of BTC and BCH,  I should still be able to use those old private keys in that "empty" old wallet to claim other air drops that had taken place before the August 1 forking (in which I had bitcoins under those private keys), such as clams, steller or byteball?

I can't speak with authority beyond the BCH situation, but the notion in this case is simply that the ledger (blockchain) was cloned at a particular moment in time, and all balances duplicated on the new chain.  So if a similar action was taken to create another "clone" at a time when you had a balance in an address, I'd assume this would be represented on the new new chain.

[Edit: I just checked on the Stellar give away and since "June 26, 2017: We took a snapshot of the blockchain at the first block mined after midnight on June 26th (UTC/GMT). This snapshot will record the coin balances of all bitcoin accounts at that time." my read is that if you had a balance then on a bitcoin address for which you control the private key, you should be able to follow their process to verify and make your claim before Aug 27.]

As some folks may recall, I had been planning to reseed my blockchain.info wallet into a newly purchased ledger nano s, and then let the ledger nano s perform the coin splitting for me.. seems to be less risk to entrust such to ledger nano s wallet software (since they are already a trusted name in bitcoin).

Setting up the ledger nano s did not seem too bad. It can be set up as a new device or to restore an existing wallet.  I had to make sure that I had access to the ledger nano s chrome extension for the ledger manager and the ledger bitcoin wallet - two separate pages to access managing the ledger and then being able to see the wallets that are installed on the actual ledger nano s device.

I made sure that I had the correct firmware on the ledger nano s, which was firm ware version 1.3.1.. and then I also made sure that there was a bitcoin wallet and a bcash wallet on the ledger nano s. those wallets were version 1.8.1 and 1.1.8 respectively.  After I played around a bit with the nano s, then I decided to erase it and to start over by setting the nano s up as a restoration device.

I went to my blockchain.info wallet, and I selected the create a back up feature, which provided 12 seed words that I carefully wrote down.

I then returned to the ledger nano s, and as I was setting it up as a restore device, it walked me through the screens and I input my 12 seed words.   I then installed the bitcoin wallet and the Bcash wallet on the nano s from the ledger manager (chrome extension).   Then I went to the bitcoin wallet window (chrome window) to attempt to see my bitcoins, and it did not show all of my bitcoin addresses.  It showed only about 11 bitcoin addresses.

By the way, currently my blockchain.info wallet has 61 bitcoin addresses.  There are 33 addresses with some bitcoin balances, and there are 24 addresses with zero balance and there are 4 import addresses with zero balance (28 total with zero bitcoin balance and 33 with bitcoin balances).

The ledger nano s showed 11 out of the 57 addresses (per instructions from blockchain.info I did not expect it to show the 4 imported addresses).  One of those 11 addresses had bitcoins in it, and the other 10 addresses had no bitcoins.  Since this was a backup, all of the addresses and coins still completely showed and were accessible through my blockchain.info wallet.  So I was not worried about losing my bitcoins at this point because I could still see them completely accessible through my blockchain.info wallet. 

By the way, through the ledger bitcoin wallet I could access either the bitcoin wallet on the ledger or the bcash wallet on the ledger, and the ledger bcash wallet did show that my available bitcoin address had an equal number of bcash in that address.. so recognizing the bcash did not seem to be any kind of  problem for the one bitcoin address that that the ledger nano s showed in its incomplete system of 11 out of 57 bitcoin addresses.

My question is whether anyone knows a better way in which I could set up my ledger nano s in order that it will be able to see all 57 of my regular bitcoin addresses that are available in my blockchain.info wallet.  I already wrote twice to Ledger support, and so far they are not answering my requests for assistance. I wrote to blockchain.info and they said that it could be an issue with the ledger nano s wallet software.  I tried the same reseeding thing by loading Electrum 2.9.0 with my 12 reseed words (I loaded 2.9.3, and it kept crashing on me, so I reverted to 2.9.0.), and Electrum could not see all my addresses either.  The Electrum wallet only showed about 15 empty bitcoin addresses.

Anyone have any ideas or possible resources towards which they could point me?  By the way, the blockchain.info rep said that he had reseeded a trezor and it worked fine, so maybe I have to buy a trezor in order to attempt my allegedly "easy" splitting of my BCH?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
bitjoin

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:38:00 AM

Strange,

When the old, empty BTC key is imported into bitcoinABC wallet it shows the BCC moved also with the btc.  Undecided

I've been told that is not possible? which wallet did you use to send out the BTC?

THE BEST IN SPACE
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀██
▀▀███
▀▀████
▀████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀

▀██
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
....JOIN NOW....
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:41:55 AM

Strange,

I've been told that is not possible? which wallet did you use to send out the BTC?
I don’t really get anything about the split.I made up my mind to stick with Bitcoin, and not BitcoinCash. So before the split, I immediately moved my bitcoins to the appropriate wallet. Though after the split, I kinda wanted to find a way of getting free BCH, but I don’t really think it’s possible now, after the split. But, I’m still okay with Bitcoin.
ClownSpider

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:01:38 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 03:15:20 PM by ClownSpider

BCC is a scam!  There is no such Alt coin.

I have gone to bitcoincash.org
I have moved all of my Bitcoin to NEW wallets AFTER August 2nd.
I have downloaded and installed Bitcoin ABC, and Bitcoin Classic.
I have allowed Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin Classic to download the huge blockchain.
The ABC and Classic transaction logs do show the transactions of me moving my BTC.

ABC and Classic are showing the BTC blockchain, NOT the BCC blockchain!

Therefore I suspect BCC is a scam, all software offered by bitcoincash.org is only trying to steal your BTC private keys.
There are no BCC alt coins.
It is spyware looking to steal your BTC.  Or if you are stupid enough to think you are on a BCC wallet, you will be selling your BCC on an exchange for BCC exchange prices, not realizing you just sold your BTC (worth 10 times more then you'll get.)

Watch out!

Strange,

To confirm my conclusion that BCC is a scam, I explored the settings of Bitcoin ABC.
Amounts shown are in BCC it says.  Not BTC.
Yet the transaction log, blockchain is the same blockchain as BTC.
BCC has no blockchain, BCC is not a split off of BTC.
There is no BCC, this is just to steal peoples private keys by offering them new, random free money from BCC, fake and does not exist.
-DarkByDesign-

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:15:40 PM

BCC is a scam!  There is no such Alt coin.

I have gone to bitcoincash.org
I have moved all of my Bitcoin to NEW wallets AFTER August 2nd.
I have downloaded and installed Bitcoin ABC, and Bitcoin Classic.
I have allowed Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin Classic to download the huge blockchain.
The ABC and Classic transaction logs do show the transactions of me moving my BTC.

ABC and Classic are showing the BTC blockchain, NOT the BCC blockchain!

Therefore I suspect BCC is a scam, all software offered by bitcoincash.org is only trying to steal your BTC private keys.
There are no BCC alt coins.
It is spyware looking to steal your BTC.  Or if you are stupid enough to think you are on a BCC wallet, you will be selling your BCC on an exchange for BCC exchange prices, not realizing you just sold your BTC (worth 10 times more then you'll get.)

Watch out!

Strange,

To confirm my conclusion that BCC is a scam, I explored the settings of Bitcoin ABC.
Amounts shown are in BCC it says.  Not BTC.
Yet the transaction log, blockchain is the same blockchain as BTC.
BCC has no blockchain, BCC is not a split off of BTC.
There is no BCC, this is just to steal peoples private keys by offering them new, random free money from BCC, fake and does not exist.

Ok,

You are very uninformed and uneducated. It is not a scam, have you followed my guide... You can move your BTC from your Wallets, and use the PrivateKey to import into Bitcoin ABC which means when you do that, the PrivateKey to that Address is now EMPTY of any BTC. Which means you are only recovering the BCC which happened during the split.

Again please read my TOPIC once you have your PrivateKey:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2088672.msg20873242#msg20873242

If you have problems or unable to figure this out as its clear, there's also a link to a video which shows you how its done.

WHAT I DID:

I have 0.4BTC in my EXODUS wallet, which I put in there around 26th of August, I then on the 08th of August imported my PrivateKey from my EMPTY now Exodus wallet as i transfered my BTC back to Poloniex for trading. So Empty Exodus Wallet PrivateKey into Bitcoin ABC and I had 0.4 BCC in there. As per my instructions. Just saying.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: