Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:22:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Aug 1 summary  (Read 96452 times)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:01:49 PM

Say, do I really have to sync the entire blockchain when installing the BCH wallet? That's pretty damn massive... -.-

if you saved a copy of the original btc blockchain prior to aug 1st, you can use that as a starting point for the bcc wallet. the chains were identical at that point. bcc will then sync from there. save ya 160 gigs or so.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:08:29 PM

Say, do I really have to sync the entire blockchain when installing the BCH wallet? That's pretty damn massive... -.-

If you have the private keys then simply go with coinomi android wallet, scan the QrCode and voilà, as easy as that or you can go with ElectronCash but I personally had issues with it and some people had them too.

Or maybe that one will be the real bitcoin?

Who knows? Smiley

From the very first post in this thread.  

Bitcoin cash 2.0?  Jesus, why?  Do you have a link that explains what's going on with that?

I don't see the difference between SegWit2x and BitcoinCash do you? both are meant to increase the blocksize. The community already decided that they don't want this, just by looking at the exchanges, price etc. so I don't see why the outcome will be different this time and with core developers not supporting this, I doubt It will become "the real bitcoin".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:12:38 PM

if you saved a copy of the original btc blockchain prior to aug 1st, you can use that as a starting point for the bcc wallet. the chains were identical at that point. bcc will then sync from there. save ya 160 gigs or so.

There is no point into saving anything or to download blocks. If you just use the electron cash client, you'll just import the private key(s) that contain any BCC value, and you're good to go. Obviously, people shouldn't be installing such clients on their main systems -- a secondary system or sandbox will be sufficient to do the job. Currently the price of BCC is increasing again, so it would be a smart move to convert them to BTC as soon as possible.
robertbruce

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

AWorldWideWebOfReasons AWorldWideWebOfResults

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:36:46 AM

im trying to install Bitcoin ABC to redeem bch tokens...there is a database issue with the wallet part of the software for some distros.

Dependency Build Instructions: Ubuntu & Debian
https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

instructions are to turn wallet off to install...

Am I still able to redeem btc using the rpc panel?

A World Wide Web Of Reasons
A World Wide Web Of Results
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:56:39 AM

Anyone know if I exchange my BTC that's in my wallet that hasn't been open since before the split, if I can still get my BCH? Thx  Smiley
coolzzz

Activity: 77

Coins

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:25:23 PM

BCC is going skyrocket and there seems to be another fork coming i believe?

margana

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:32:49 PM

Are BCC and BCH the same thing?
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:51:49 PM

Anyone know if I exchange my BTC that's in my wallet that hasn't been open since before the split, if I can still get my BCH? Thx  Smiley

Why would you exchange anything? If you had bitcoins prior the fork (in a wallet where you control the private keys) then you can import them to a BCH wallet and you will get the exact same amount you had in BTC.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 02:23:43 PM

Obviously yes. Use your head and go get some education.

Are BCC and BCH the same thing?
BCC is an already existing ticker that they have tried to steal. The actual ticker for Bitcoin Cash aka Bcash is BCH. This shitcoin has no inherent value, nor reason to exist, but it seems that newbies will get rekt in this pump and dump scheme.

Why would you exchange anything? If you had bitcoins prior the fork (in a wallet where you control the private keys) then you can import them to a BCH wallet and you will get the exact same amount you had in BTC.
His wording was probably just improper.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
robertbruce

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:55:34 PM

tbearhere don't forget to transfer your btc to a new wallet before using the key number to redeem your bch's from a bch wallet

Black_bl

Activity: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:13:57 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 03:34:43 PM by Black_bl

Hi guys,
I have a question. I have followed instructions on electrum.org. I have sent my btc into my new wallet then i have downloaded electrum cash wallet (on another computer), used my seed for the origin wallet to be able get bitcoin cash, but I can't manipulate with them because I see in my electron cash wallet unconfirmed transaction (my transaction to the new wallet). In blockchain (btc) is this transaction confirmed two days ago. will I have to wait until the bitcoin cash return back or there is another way how i could redeem my BCC now?
Edit:
hmm interesting I have opened my BCC wallet now and the transaction was closed yet, so I already have my BCC and my question is worthless Smiley
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:09:30 PM

2)
I was using electrum desktop wallet. And now to claim BCC using electron cash 2.9.2
Option 1: Use Bitcoin ABC.
Option 2: Pay someone to do this for you.

This is a multisig address, your problem is right there. Electron wallet doesn't like those.
This. Seems to be buggy. Then again, what could you expect from second class developers (pretty much everyone who works on BCH)? Roll Eyes

1) Bitcoin ABC will be mess up for me.
2) I don't know somebody enough trusted for this.

Multisig: But i won't be the one who is having this issue, usually this is electrum platform and many will be processing through multisig. There must be way out.

I'm having the exact same problem, having had my BTCs in an electrum multisig address, and the commonly used system to get out my BCC with the electron Wallet doesn't work. Can someone confirm that using Bitcoin ABC would do the job? Which would be the procedure exactly?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:14:14 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, having had my BTCs in an electrum multisig address, and the commonly used system to get out my BCC with the electron Wallet doesn't work. Can someone confirm that using Bitcoin ABC would do the job? Which would be the procedure exactly?
Option 1) Do research and use Bitcoin ABC.
Option 2) Pay someone a fee to do it for you.

Thank you for this clarification.
You're welcome.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
robertbruce

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:16:24 PM

haya' fellas, is it ok if i started downloading bitcoin core around the 22 july but did'nt finish until 7 august...currently im stuck at 97% and investigating.

I Passed the disable wallet option during build and am still seeing the wallet interface, nothing greyed out...

the install is on debian9 sid and interestingly berkley 4.8 loaded. Anyone else reading this might be better to stick to debian8

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:35:14 AM

Option 1) Do research and use Bitcoin ABC.
Option 2) Pay someone a fee to do it for you.

One of the way I'm doing research is by asking in what seems to be the most appropriate thread in what seems to be the most appropriate forum if someone with my exact problem (and there must be quite some around) has solved this problem and how.
Thank you Lauda for ponting me to the Bitcoin ABC solution.
However, since earlier in this thread someone has come out with my same problem, to easy things a bit I'd be nice to know if he has been able to solve it by using Bitcoin ABC or not. If yes, I realise that to condense the procedure in a few senteces in this discusson would take me away the fun of discover it myself, but at least it would be useful to know that I'd be pointed in the right direction, before downloading 100+ Gb of data. To know that someone HAS been able to import in ABC from an electron multisig address would help.
(PS. The BCCs I'm trying to redeem are not enough to pay for someone to do the work for me, beside this I usually like to understand how to do things by myself)

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 12:04:52 PM

One of the way I'm doing research is by asking in what seems to be the most appropriate thread in what seems to be the most appropriate forum if someone with my exact problem (and there must be quite some around) has solved this problem and how.
Research does not require such trivial questions. You can find the solutions by using pretty much any search engine.

However, since earlier in this thread someone has come out with my same problem, to easy things a bit I'd be nice to know if he has been able to solve it by using Bitcoin ABC or not.
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to; I did that myself.

(PS. The BCCs I'm trying to redeem are not enough to pay for someone to do the work for me, beside this I usually like to understand how to do things by myself)
Then they are not worth redeeming at all to begin with.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chandu141

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:53:58 PM

Just wondering if there are any services / web wallet  - that will provide Bitcoincash in to balance by providing Bitcoin pvt key ?

Black_bl

Activity: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:52:47 PM

It looks like BCH was finally such a small Christmas gift for the bitcoin holder. HF has run smoothly, and it could spur further HFs in the future. What do you think about it?
milenium

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:26:14 PM

So when will finally take the SegWit2x? August 1 has already passed, but the size of the block is the same.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:29:16 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 01:18:42 AM by JayJuanGee

Regarding coins stored on a blockchain.info wallet, according to the below article, if you move your blockchain.info bitcoin after August 1, then the BCH are no longer going to be available through the coinomi app.

http://www.coinpurveyor.com/how-to/how-to-claim-bitcoin-cash-from-blockchain-wallet/

The article does not seem to really explain technically what happens to the BCH if the bitcoins are moved after August 1 - except maybe suggesting that the access to the BCH permanently destroyed by such movement?  Could that be?

The punchline is that I moved my Blockchain.info bitcoins after August 1, so can I no longer claim the BCH through any BCH wallet service - are my BCH gone?  or is there some other service that would allow me to claim the BCH that would have been at my addresses on that blockchain.info wallet as of the August 1 fork?

So far I used electron cash and BTC.com to reseed my 12 recovery words into them, and neither show any BCH, but I thought that possibly the electron cash problem was specific to electron cash because I was having the same problem with using my 12 recovery words seed in electrum - electrum would not show all of my blockchain.info addresses, either (and the electron cash and the electrum wallets seemed to have been based off of the same code).  The electrum wallet actually only showed one of my blockchain.info addresses (I have 57 addresses through that seed).  

Actually, I had a very similar problem with wallet on the ledger nano s, it would show me only 11 addresses, and only one address that had any bitcoin balance.  I couldn't get my ledger nano s to recognize all 57 addresses (or the large majority of my bitcoins that should have been there), so that was when I gave up attempting to split my BCH through the ledger nano s spitting capabilities and resorted to moving my bitcoins from the blockchain.info wallet in order to attempt to claim the BCH through one of the other BCH wallets that were listed on the bitcoincash.org website and mostly what I thought was in accordance with the suggestions of OP  - namely for me, so far, I tried electron cash and BTC.com and neither was able to identify any BCH balances available through my 12 word blockchain.info seed.

Any suggestions or links to information, anyone?  Or do I have to kiss those potential BCH as no longer being any kind of potential because of the way that they had been stored through that blockchain.info wallet system that could have somehow destroyed my ability to access BCH because of my moving of the BTC after August 1?  Seems like I might be missing some understanding of how this works exactly and how the blockchain.info wallet storage might be different from other storage systems and how OP was suggesting to claim BCH?

Edit 1:
I just looked at one of my BCH/BTC addresses on the BCH blockchain, and it shows that my BCH are still at that address and they have not been moved at the time that I moved the BTC off of that address.

http://blockdozer.com/insight/address/18akLArKa9oAWNCaGW9c3vH81dnhBfPyL

If you look at the same bitcoin address on the bitcoin blockchain, you can verify that I moved the bitcoins from that address on 8/18

https://blockchain.info/tx/f3f4920519786698826d5650b0f2c90b8fa31d952dc22037aa92e19dd155c233

So, yeah, it appears that all my BCH are still reachable through my various blockchain.info wallet addresses.  I just have to get to some kind of BCH interface in which I can plug in my 12 word seed and to see the 33 addresses that should have BCH on them... and then to be able to move or store them

Edit 2:

Actually, I decided to reload my ledger nano s and to attempt to get the BCH off of the one address with BCH that had showed up on there, previously, so I was able to send the BCH from one of the 33 addresses that should have BCH on them.  I sent it to Bitfinex for trading (namely selling) 1 address down 32 to go. 

Maybe the easiest way would be to figure out how I could get my ledger nano to recognize the other 32 addresses that have BCH in them?

One funny thing about the Ledger nano s, is that when I load the blockchain.info seed into it, it creates accounts.  So it created 11 accounts that all showed empty balances, except one account had a balance of BCH (that I sent to Bitfinex).  I could not find any place that there were a maximum number of accounts that it would recognize, but it is not recognizing approximately 46 out of 57 accounts --- 14 accounts (with no balances) and 32 accounts (with balances).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: