Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:28:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Real Estate Blockchain Crowdfunding Technology  (Read 139794 times)
ArtcoinMike

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:44:48 PM

Why does this need to be a blockchain project?  Firms like fundrise already do this and have much lower expense ratios...
melissa_sapmaz

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:50:15 PM

Why does this need to be a blockchain project?  Firms like fundrise already do this and have much lower expense ratios...

Why blockchain? transparency, liquidity and global access. Read more on https://medium.com/@real_token/the-need-for-real-123d970ba812

Much lower ? No. Much more expensive. Fundrise charges 1% per year on invested amount plus 2% setup fee. REAL charges 0% per year on invested amount and 0% setup fee.  REAL just takes a comission of profits, ending up way cheaper.
vitocorp

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:01:03 PM

Since the turn of the millennium, real estate has doubled the performance of the S&P 500. Unfortunately, real estate is notoriously illiquid and is too expensive for average investors. REAL (Real Estate Asset Ledger) aims to initiate a real estate investment revolution that will increase market liquidity and remove the barriers that prevented ordinary investors from reaping real estate profits in the past.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/real-launches-ico-to-disrupt-global-real-estate-investment-markets/
ArtcoinMike

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:45:36 PM

Why blockchain? transparency, liquidity and global access. Read more on https://medium.com/@real_token/the-need-for-real-123d970ba812

Much lower ? No. Much more expensive. Fundrise charges 1% per year on invested amount plus 2% setup fee. REAL charges 0% per year on invested amount and 0% setup fee.  REAL just takes a comission of profits, ending up way cheaper.

That is really deceptive, you are allocating 20% of the token supply to founders, your fees are irrelevant, the value of the portfolio is diluted by at least 20% - meaning, on the backside, investors are giving away 20% of the value of the portfolio to you, that is much higher than a 1% annual fee. 
melissa_sapmaz

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:08:06 PM

That is really deceptive, you are allocating 20% of the token supply to founders, your fees are irrelevant, the value of the portfolio is diluted by at least 20% - meaning, on the backside, investors are giving away 20% of the value of the portfolio to you, that is much higher than a 1% annual fee. 

That is also not correct Mike! This is not a fund and tokens are not shares.

REAL is a crowdfunding platform that will distribute 90% of net profits to its users.

Tokens are the internal currency that will be used to invest into properties.

Let me know if you have more doubts,

Thanks

Melissa
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:25:07 PM

looks like interesting project , and I admire the people behind this project. This would be a huge success in the future.

ArtcoinMike

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:54:49 PM

REAL is a crowdfunding platform that will distribute 90% of net profits to its users.

Thanks

Melissa

So, the dividends from cashflows will be distributed to token holders proportional to the number of REAL they own and invest in properties?
melissa_sapmaz

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:01:37 PM

Thanks

Melissa

So, the dividends from cashflows will be distributed to token holders proportional to the number of REAL they own and invest in properties?

Yes. Every user will be able to choose different properties and build a custom portfolio.
ArtcoinMike

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:07:15 PM

Thanks

Melissa

Yes. Every user will be able to choose different properties and build a custom portfolio.

Got it, so you are diluting the supply by 20% to compensate founders plus 10% out of the expenses before posting the dividends, again, this seems very expensive.  In exchange, there are none of the protections you get with a traditional REIT.  Do token holders have any rights to the deeds of the properties explicitly of would we have to rely on REAL to facilitate recovery to token holders in case liquidation happens?  (IE, who owns the real estate itself, what explicit legal rights do token holders have?)
melissa_sapmaz

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:48:50 PM

Thanks

Melissa

Got it, so you are diluting the supply by 20% to compensate founders plus 10% out of the expenses before posting the dividends, again, this seems very expensive.  In exchange, there are none of the protections you get with a traditional REIT.  Do token holders have any rights to the deeds of the properties explicitly of would we have to rely on REAL to facilitate recovery to token holders in case liquidation happens?  (IE, who owns the real estate itself, what explicit legal rights do token holders have?)

We will dilute the supply by 20% in 6-24 months  time (our tokens are locked with vesting and cliff).

Our goal is that by then the Token value will have grown way more than 20% therefore it will end up being a great opportunity. That can't happen in non crypto real estate crowdfunding sites.

We will offer the same rights and guarantees as REIT do, plus everything will be recorded in the blockchain and function with smart contracts. Not only a third party audit.

Melissa
WhoCaresCoins

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

F*CK WHALES!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:19:13 AM

This project looks very interesting.
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:55:38 AM

So anyone that presents an idea to develop housing or a business can simply petition the REAL network with a thorough plan showing the potential increase of value of said real estate and it will likely get funded?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:32:18 AM

Can I get some info on what forces will affect the price of REAL tokens?
I assume the strongest force will be perceived value and speculation?
Also expected return on investment?

Will some REAL tokens be more expensive, simply because they are bringing more profit due to being invested in better properties?

Basically if I were to spend 100ETH on Real, then apart from the dividents being paid can I expect the tokens to go up in value? And why?

Cheers
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 04:59:15 AM

This concept seems interesting and I think I would give it a try. However, I see a less clear picture of how it's exactly going to work? It makes logic to bring investors from the world to participate in the investment of the particular properties and to earn returns from it. Let's see what happens, I am tracking this topic and will definitely try it during ICO sale.
melissa_sapmaz

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:33:56 AM

So anyone that presents an idea to develop housing or a business can simply petition the REAL network with a thorough plan showing the potential increase of value of said real estate and it will likely get funded?

Hi Bossbee!!  It will have to pass our requirements like yield suitability, third party valuation, market conditions first.
melissa_sapmaz

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:35:32 AM

Will some REAL tokens be more expensive, simply because they are bringing more profit due to being invested in better properties?

Basically if I were to spend 100ETH on Real, then apart from the dividents being paid can I expect the tokens to go up in value? And why?

Cheers

Hi CYPER!  Main force behind value grow will be users demand. As the site becomes successful and more users enjoy its profits there will be a demand of more REAL tokens and price will go up.
ArtcoinMike

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:50:52 PM

Cheers

Hi CYPER!  Main force behind value grow will be users demand. As the site becomes successful and more users enjoy its profits there will be a demand of more REAL tokens and price will go up.

Real estate valuations are based on incomes and have much lower yield expectations than what you are inferring the cryptomarket will do to your token.  You also did not address the 10% you will take off the top of net income for your leadership team (vs a REIT that takes 1%)
So you are targeting crypto speculation as the main value driver for buyers, not the asset itself, so once again, why wouldn't someone buy tokens, conflate it with real estate, with the hopes that maybe your team will choose good investments, even though you don't specialize in the markets which you are vetting, and maybe the cryptomarket will go up as a whole, and maybe your token scarcity will have an impact.  Seems like folks should just buy Ether and invest in real estate separately, there is no reason this should be a blockchain project besides perhaps REAL trying to capitalize on ICOs in general rather than building a real security with all the legal frameworks, investment prospectuses and comparable / much more affordable expense ratios.  Smart contracts for income distribution are great but they do not in any way stop any manipulation that can take place between the tenants payments and the funds getting to the smart contract - ie, your smart contracts don't perform rent collection etc... 

melissa_sapmaz

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:03:05 PM

Cheers

Real estate valuations are based on incomes and have much lower yield expectations than what you are inferring the cryptomarket will do to your token.  You also did not address the 10% you will take off the top of net income for your leadership team (vs a REIT that takes 1%)
So you are targeting crypto speculation as the main value driver for buyers, not the asset itself, so once again, why wouldn't someone buy tokens, conflate it with real estate, with the hopes that maybe your team will choose good investments, even though you don't specialize in the markets which you are vetting, and maybe the cryptomarket will go up as a whole, and maybe your token scarcity will have an impact.  Seems like folks should just buy Ether and invest in real estate separately, there is no reason this should be a blockchain project besides perhaps REAL trying to capitalize on ICOs in general rather than building a real security with all the legal frameworks, investment prospectuses and comparable / much more affordable expense ratios.  Smart contracts for income distribution are great but they do not in any way stop any manipulation that can take place between the tenants payments and the funds getting to the smart contract - ie, your smart contracts don't perform rent collection etc... 

You seem to fail to understand the economics. If a REIT takes 1% of investment amount, and you invest 100,000 it is then 5,000 for five years no matter the profits you make. (That is without considering plently of other setup or withdrawal fees). On REAL user just pay a 10% on profits so if those 100,000 turn into 130,000 it is just 3,000 in total fees. There is more alignment of interests and fees are lower. That is why Real Estate crowdfunding sites are booming, with higher fees than Real.

We are targeting cryptofunds holders as clients with a great deal  as we believe we will build a successful and profitable business.
melissa_sapmaz

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:59:27 PM

This concept seems interesting and I think I would give it a try. However, I see a less clear picture of how it's exactly going to work? It makes logic to bring investors from the world to participate in the investment of the particular properties and to earn returns from it. Let's see what happens, I am tracking this topic and will definitely try it during ICO sale.

Hi Dudeperfect! It is going to be very easy I promise Smiley We will just imitate how other real estate crowdfunding sites work, but applying blockchain technologies and cryptocurrency.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:21:58 PM

This looks like a promising project. For starters, unlike some other ICOs with fake photos, REAL has a video of the team in the office and we can see their LinkedIn accounts. The concept is great. Many people store their wealth in real estate and others in cryptocurrency, so why not combine the best of both worlds?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: