Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signatum (skunk) ccminer-krnlx 30+mh 1070, 52.5+ mh 1080ti [FREE,OPENSOURCE]  (Read 39411 times)
blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:03:45 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 01:23:20 PM by blissz

And here is the update after 14 hours of mining.

What does this tell us? Krnlx has a bit more accepted shares compared to spmod5, but it looks like the reported hashrate is a little bit off

looking at the shares, krnlx is 1,5% faster compared to spmod 5
looking at the reported hashrate, krnlx is about 5% faster compared to spmod.

It still can be because of the luck, factor, but it can also be that the krnlx hashrate is a few percent to optimistic compared to spmod.

Still looking for testing spmod6 and CWI. Anyone can help me with that?)But will give the other suggested miners a try now.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yunihuni

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:03:25 PM

I share my hashrate test result.

6x1080

Spmod5 230Mhash
Krnlx 242Mhash.

That's really good different.

SATILIK MSI Geforce GTX1080 GAMING X 8GB [2 AYLIK]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2140881
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 02:09:16 PM

What does this tell us? Krnlx has a bit more accepted shares compared to spmod5, but it looks like the reported hashrate is a little bit off

It still can be because of the luck, factor, but it can also be that the krnlx hashrate is a few percent to optimistic compared to spmod.

Still looking for testing spmod6 and CWI. Anyone can help me with that?)But will give the other suggested miners a try now.

Do u use the spmod5 fix ? If i remeber right, this first release of spmod5 get a low share report, if u have this one. This test is non sense Sad

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:05:06 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 03:47:53 PM by bigjee

Thank you blissz.
Could you please run test till 24 hours so we have valid results.
Unfortunately I dont have access to sp mod 5 (the one I had reported lower hashrate compared to mod 3 so I didnt use it)

I would like the following combos tested if possible:
a) sp mod 3 vs. cwi 0.9.8 ( have this file and can forward to you)
b) sp mod 3 vs. krnlx (CUDA 7.5, X86)
c) cwi 0.9.8 vs. krnlx (CUDA 7.5, X86)

Also any way you could track coins generated instead of share rate please, with data labels so we can calculate % difference b/w miners.

Might need to edit the test length for the cwi miner since miner pool and diff can vary. But ultimately need to find out which one generates more coin.  
Thanks again for posting the results.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 03:58:01 PM

Simple calculation:

1. Start mining with krnlx or sp mod and note the time and number of SIGT.

2. After 6 hours (the longer the better) come back and see how many SIGT have been mined.

3. Repeat 1 and 2 with other miner.

4. Compare # of Sigt mined; the higher # is the better miner.

Ive been tracking mine for days now. Im pretty confident krnlx with suprnova sucks balls. At least for my setup. (Win 7 64 bit, 1060x3, 1070 x4)

Just because it shines doesnt mean its gold as the saying goes....

Agreed.  I have been using spmod for the past few days.  I switched to krnlx overnight because the reported hashrate was a little higher.  Imagine my surprise when I got up in the morning and saw that suprnova reported my hashrate at about 30% of what the miner showed.  The earned coins also reflected this.  Switched back to spmod which fixed everything.

a lot of newbee accounts praising SPmod like they know everything.. hmm... What to make of it. Unless you test both miners on the same pool for at least a day simultaneously there is no way to compare results

Dont take my word for it; try it out yourself.
i just posted so ppl can learn themselves rather than be sheep.

So sick of this newbie account banter btw. I guess all senior members post gospel 24/7

no mate ...

not gospel ... but we have been around for years - and have delved into the nether regions of code and core ... so we 'sorta' know what we are talking about ...

as for a newbie account - i am in total agreement ... the newbie level is so restrictive that you cant do much - or post much - or be much on here ... just keep at posting and doing what you do - it will gain momentum - dont worry ... before you know it - the account is a junior memebr - and even tho thats restrictive - its nothing like the newbie level ...

anyway - need to get back to work ...

got another holy book to write Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 04:07:55 PM

Thank you blissz.
Could you please run test till 24 hours so we have valid results.
Unfortunately I dont have access to sp mod 5 (the one I had reported lower hashrate compared to mod 3 so I didnt use it)

I would like the following combos tested if possible:
a) sp mod 3 vs. cwi 0.9.8 ( have this file and can forward to you)
b) sp mod 3 vs. krnlx (CUDA 7.5, X86)
c) cwi 0.9.8 vs. krnlx (CUDA 7.5, X86)

Also any way you could track coins generated instead of share rate please, with data labels so we can calculate % difference b/w miners.

Might need to edit the test length for the cwi miner since miner pool and diff can vary. But ultimately need to find out which one generates more coin.  
Thanks again for posting the results.

btw mate ...

we will be putting of CWIgm-0.9.9 some time the end of the week or early next week by the looks of it ...

IF we can get a number of issues fixed in the miner ...

CWIgm-0.9.9 will not only have skunkhash and tribus in it ( like CWIgm-0.9.8 does ) - but we will also be adding timetravel10 to it ( bitcore - btx ) ... i know that a little off topic regarding other coins - but stability and hashrate will be a better in the next version ...

either way - we would be interested in these results also ...

#crysx

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:21:45 PM

Sp-mod #6 is 9% faster than sp-mod #3 on the gtx 1070 if you use the latest driver. (384.94) and 100% tdp. (Donate 0.05B BTC to subscribe to my private miner)
The krnlx kernel is broken if you mine on high difficulty (vardiff).  Try supernova with highend cards rigs.
You only get payed for 80% of the  hash showed in the miner.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:39:20 PM

The krnlx kernel is broken if you mine on high difficulty (vardiff).  Try supernova with highend cards rigs.
You only get payed for 80% of the  hash showed in the miner.
This seems to be correct, from my experience.
blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:40:44 PM

Sp-mod #6 is 9% faster than sp-mod #3 on the gtx 1070 if you use the latest driver. (384.94) and 100% tdp. (Donate 0.05B BTC to subscribe to my private miner)
The krnlx kernel is broken if you mine on high difficulty (vardiff).  Try supernova with highend cards rigs.

send me spmod 6 and I will run the test again. It can be that there is an issue on variable diff. I didn't test that yet as I set it to static 1.0 diff.
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:17:52 PM

so you're saying to fix this mine at a lower difficulty? got it....

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

Mining on lower diff increase the hashrate on the pool, but the miner is still broken.
Some solutions are skipped, so you loose a few percent. And suprnova and many other pools doesn't support static diff, because static diff can be abused and used to steal from the other miners..

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 05:52:27 PM

send me spmod 6 and I will run the test again. It can be that there is an issue on variable diff. I didn't test that yet as I set it to static 1.0 diff.

Wath pool do u use for static diff ?
Can u explain where u grab the number of share u validate ? I dont found it on suprnova / pool.mn

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
yunihuni

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:22:08 PM

Stop talking shit. You are forcing people to buy your miner with worsening other miners.
You greedy son of a bitch.

SATILIK MSI Geforce GTX1080 GAMING X 8GB [2 AYLIK]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2140881
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:23:54 PM

I spend my free time to test this miner, and finds out the claimed speed in the miner window is not showing on the pool. This has been confirmed by many users on this thread already. The only way to fix this is to fix the code.

Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 11:53:04 PM

super parasite  Angry supernova high diff jumps is not new and is not a miner issue...

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:53:08 AM

super parasite  Angry supernova high diff jumps is not new and is not a miner issue...

Which pool would you recommend for low diff
ryanlitwiller

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 01:00:25 AM

I spend my free time to test this miner, and finds out the claimed speed in the miner window is not showing on the pool. This has been confirmed by many users on this thread already. The only way to fix this is to fix the code.

I did see a considerable jump in my reported hashrate with this miner but my average hashrate at the pool dropped 20%

CRC, TZC, INN, FTC, VIVO, DSR, LUX - pool.CryptoPros.us
damniatx

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:02:17 AM

I did see a considerable jump in my reported hashrate with this miner but my average hashrate at the pool dropped 20%

weird though. the latest ccminer from tpruvot also use this code. giving the same performance. Sad

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases
altfinance

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:37:17 AM

You can all try it for yourselves. Test with palgin and krnlx and spmod3/5 miners. I tested these with suprnova. Since the hash rate in the dashboard being shown by suprnova is continuously changing, I decided to test the miners with the SIGT coins I'm mining.

Yes, it was not a scientific test, I just wanted to have a rough estimate because I noticed the coins I'm mining suddenly dropped when I used krnlx. I wasn't sure at first if it was because of the difficulty in SIGT and the many miners in suprnova or it was due to krnlx. So I created 2 accounts in suprnova. I have  2 almost identical rigs, 6 x GTX1060 on rig1 and 5 x GTX 1060 on rig2. The first test was running spmod3 on rig2 and krnlx on rig1. I didn't configure the rigs to be of the exact number of gpus because I will lose mining time for a couple of hours if disable one gpu. After more than an hour, I had almost the same number of coins mined. It meant krnlx was mining slower than spmod3 because it was using 6 gpus. The next test was running palginmod on rig 1 and spmod3 on rig2. This time, palginmod mined more coins, which should be the case since it is running on 6 gpus. If I divide the number of coins per gpu, the average coin per gpu was the same for palginmod and spmod3, which meant in my crude test that both miners seem to be performing equally.

There seems to be a problem with krnlx even it is showing more hash rate per second. Those of you who have a lot more resources and time can test krnlx more extensively.  For now, I'm going back to palginmod or spmod. Check also a test run by jimboscott here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2030529.4700   He has the same observations.

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy: ┈┊
█ █  Linkedin Twitter Youtube Discord RedditFacebook Whitepaper Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
TobiasVR

Activity: 626
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:49:05 AM

now it is not profit, I use 6 pieces 470 rx series vga
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: