Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:49:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on Uber  (Read 7981 times)
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:57:35 AM

wow, in indonesian uber is very popular tranportation, if we can pay uber in bitcoin its mean that people curious with the new payment of uber transactions and Bitcoin is becoming popular

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:46:08 PM

I ama ctually very surprised Uber started accepting Bitcoin already. They have been slow to introduce "new" payment ideas... not in this case obviously.

No they don't accept it. It's an optional tipping feature.

well, This will make it easier for uber users.
As opposed to uber drivers will have more advantage especially with the price of bitcoin now that continue to rise, this will give a good impact for them, they can also invest in the bitcoin they earn

Not when the coins transferred through the 3rd party are immediately exchanged to usd Wink.

Wow this is great! Cheesy But how about the transfer fee? Is it took into account?

Why should it be taken into account? When you buy something via bank transfer do they charge you the sum less the 40$ fee?
Of course nobody cares how much fee you pay. You want to tip, it's all your problem and your money.

And the bad news is that the fees are again creeping higher and higher.

Thats what im onto, bitcoin tipping is the first stage then comes paying with it.. they should took it into account as bitcoin fee will sire risen again well maybe,
Gummybear67

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:06:56 AM

That's a good news since Uber in the Philippines is very popular. Actually it is more popular than the traditional taxi. If they are going to accept bitcoin, much better. But the transaction fee plus the rate of meter, isn't that a bit expensive? Anyway, this is a good help for bitcoin because this will promote bitcoin more. And hopefully bitcoin will be a part of people for their everyday lives. Good job Uber.
That's a great news for many people especially in the Philippines because uber was used by the Filipinos and this are very popular.  If they are now accepting bitcoin,  it is much better.  But my question is,  how does the rate and transaction will go??  Isn't a bit expensive? But it is a great news.
SirPereira

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:43:13 AM

If tipping in BTC goes well for Uber, I can possibly see they implementing it as a payment method for next year.

This really shows the importance of BTC and how it has been increasing over the years and its contribution to society.

If this will happen more and more people will joining in bitcoins community and the price of bitcoins will be more expensive than ever 10.000$ per bitcoin next year whoa this is so exciting bitcoins is the best of all best.

Totally agreed sir.

If BTC reaches $5k this year I am totally sure it will reach that value next year. Let's hope for the best.

This huge great wave of adoption will just bring great things to not just digital, but daily commerce too - as seen on Uber.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:08:23 AM

That's a good news since Uber in the Philippines is very popular. Actually it is more popular than the traditional taxi. If they are going to accept bitcoin, much better. But the transaction fee plus the rate of meter, isn't that a bit expensive? Anyway, this is a good help for bitcoin because this will promote bitcoin more. And hopefully bitcoin will be a part of people for their everyday lives. Good job Uber.

The fares are still paid in fiat or card. Bitcoin is just for tipping and it's optional, at least for now.
I think they are testing the waters and see if there is a business for them there, if they see there is a positive answer then they may implement bitcoin fully and you will be able to pay for your rides with bitcoin, that would be great news to me since I use uber a lot.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:20:55 AM

That's a great news for many people especially in the Philippines because uber was used by the Filipinos and this are very popular.  If they are now accepting bitcoin,  it is much better.  But my question is,  how does the rate and transaction will go??  Isn't a bit expensive? But it is a great news.
If you heard on the news that uber and grab was stop their operation due to they do not have franchise to transport i think it would take more years to happen here in our country. but i think in the other country which uber is legally operated thats good if they will accepts bitcoin since their operations is thru online.
ranman09

Merit: 112

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:50:22 AM

If you heard on the news that uber and grab was stop their operation due to they do not have franchise to transport i think it would take more years to happen here in our country. but i think in the other country which uber is legally operated thats good if they will accepts bitcoin since their operations is thru online.

I think i heard somewhere that their licenses got renewed already i just can search it fast in google. Always shows how to apply as a driver xD. But thats what I know
Gatubela

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:30:54 AM

It is a very nice news, but how this would be possible in the short time?
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:35:11 AM

The fares are still paid in fiat or card. Bitcoin is just for tipping and it's optional, at least for now.
I think they are testing the waters and see if there is a business for them there, if they see there is a positive answer then they may implement bitcoin fully and you will be able to pay for your rides with bitcoin, that would be great news to me since I use uber a lot.

i think they can satisfied with the result as we know that bitcoin user now is become bigger and strong and bitcoin price itself is increase higher than last month. beside that, their services is in transportation which is using by many people in many country so if they are using bitcoin, we can use our bitcoin to pay their service and we can directly make transaction when we are finished using their services. but we need to thinking about the time of transaction because this will be give impact between uber and bitcoin user itself.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Nilima-Temp

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:01:28 AM

That's  a great Idea. It's make our everyday life more easy and comfortable.
faroredono

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:13:34 AM

Interesting, but i guess a big corporation like uber doesn't have the guts to accept crypto for the actual fares yet.
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 597

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 06:30:33 AM

Its just for a tip? It would be a waste if drivers aren't that serious about bitcoin, those btc will just end up as burned BTCs. Was the tip for the drivers or to the app itself? If uber will handle it all including the tips then I guess those btcs goes to uber's wallet.

RedX

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:08:59 AM

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960

Just imagine when every passenger give 10k sats tip to the driver. He can easily make a 1 btc in a year and if he's lucky someone who is a generous passenger might give him a BTC.01 tip or more than that. Bitcoin is really everywhere so I hope every ride can give you the option to pay in btc.
drwhobox

Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:22:30 AM

This is interesting for us who uses bitcoin here. Bitcoin is ganing more attention so that means More attention + More demand = Higher price of bitcoin on the market because of the demand for thoes who wants to use it. but, im thinking that the transaction would be worst if bitcoin hits the price range of 8,000+ Usd. it's kinda like you're going to tip the driver for 0.0005Btc then the transaction fee would go up to 0.001.
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:06:43 AM

Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960
so this apps will allow bitcoiners to give tips for the drivers who will served a convenient way for them, but it is not the way of paying the service
itself right? let see how this tweets will bring up something for both btc and uber system.

Well,as a matter of fact ,it is not far for Uber customers to use Bitcoin processes in transfering funds or paying bills. It will even speed up transactions and it is very bemeficial for customers. I agree that Uber must support this campaign.
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:13:12 AM

That is a great thibg because UBER is getting popular all over the world. I also use it frequently and now it will simplify my life, for giving tipps for a good drivers.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:16:23 AM

This is really good news to the long term investers such that the horizon is been broaden but if you are a regular user and trying to pay and tip others its quiet expensive paying the transaction fee and all that.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:18:30 AM

Its just for a tip? It would be a waste if drivers aren't that serious about bitcoin, those btc will just end up as burned BTCs. Was the tip for the drivers or to the app itself? If uber will handle it all including the tips then I guess those btcs goes to uber's wallet.
I think it would be best if the driver can choose in which currency he/she gets credited. That would be the most efficient way and wouldn't waste any btc.
tosmartak

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 05:46:43 AM

It is a good news but why tip? Why not just integrate it as a payment method instead? Tipping a driver who has no idea what bitcoin is or even have a wallet (except a wallet is also integrated for the drivers) is going to end up being a waste. Unless you have all the strength in the world to start explaining bitcoin to the driver and setting up a wallet for him before your trip ends.
bell70

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:18:10 AM

love it ,bitcoin has become more international since 2013.integrating the system would  could be considered as a wise step as it would be advantageous for both ways .Really excited to be working with all over the world soon after.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: