Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:30:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28380 times)
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:30:29 PM

I am more comfortable as holding trader. Bbecause, i don't feel spending much time to do analysis that sometimes makes me dizzy. I am just need to make sure that altcoin has get a chance to watch hold is altcoin which has lots holder, big marketcap as well as many well-known people for example Ethereum.

For a full-time employee in a regular job its very hard to concentrate on the price variations and trade accordingly so i would say holding is much better than day trading for all of us who are like me. The price sometimes varies a lot and a small break may cost you in thousands.
If someone is a full-time employee and a trader at the same time, first of all hats off to the efforts of that guy. However, if someone really wants to trade seriously, he needs to keep an eye on fluctuating prices because trading is all about buying and selling at the right time.
Day trading is not possible for a full time employee. We will not get time to watch the price updates regularly and sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to check the price list because of heavy work schedule. It needs just a few minutes to check but in that time we will not get the patience to check everything. So for us investing is best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waru96

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:59:53 PM

do these two thing 25% 25% and 50% in btc to buy in a market down...you may learn how to trade..as a trader be smart
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:19:04 PM

Holding for me is the most convenient way to take advantage of crypto. And another advantage is that I am no need to check actual prices everytime. Contrary with intraday, where it's necessary to monitor price even every hour possible. Which sometimes makes me feel easy to be emotional because circumstances.
So smart you are! Obviously when we have the easy way of earning profit why to go for hard one? The easiest and most convenient method of making money is holding your coins during dump phases and makes them active in the pumping time. I am totally against trading.
Hold when the price of your coins drop to low price is wrong way, you should cut loss or take profit before the price of this coin drop down. Then, follow market and wait bloodbath of market, buy in dip price you will receive profit.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:31:24 PM

I am more comfortable as holding trader. Bbecause, i don't feel spending much time to do analysis that sometimes makes me dizzy. I am just need to make sure that altcoin has i hold is altcoin which has lots holder, big marketcap as well as many well-known people for example Ethereum.

For a full-time employee in a regular job its very hard to concentrate on the price variations and trade accordingly so i would say holding is much better than day trading for all of us who are like me. The price sometimes varies a lot and a small break may cost you in thousands.
If someone is a full time employee and a trader at the same time, first of all hats off to the efforts of that guy. However, if someone really wants to trade seriously, he needs to keep an eye on fluctuating prices because trading is all about buying and selling at the right time.
Yes of course trading needs you to be vigelent all the time and especially when you are day trading then it needs you to be more concentrated towards it and look at the price almost all the time because trading is effective at that time when you don't spoil any opportunity to buy at a lower price and selling at a higher one. Usually people look for holding and prefer to sell at a time when bitcoin price or any alts they have bought in a lower price to sell it at a targeted value.
People prefer holding because day trading is a very hectic task, also it needs a fulltime presence from you otherwise one has to listen to the music. I am more in holding.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:38:44 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

before i used to do day trade but most of the time i got stock with high value coin
so i switch to holding buy when its low then when i gain atleast x2 profit im ok to sell
unless theres a news relevant that would pump the coin more than double of my set sell
janedt

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:57:04 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I choose both, day trade and holding. How ? It's simple, i do trading if i have something good about some altcoin and if there is nothing good for today so i skip it and just holding my coins. In my opinion both trading and holding are good, it just depend on the situation and every person have their own strategy to do both though.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:24:48 AM

It depends on your own trading style actually, both day trade and long term trading has been proved to gain profit to some individuals. But the most important think that you should look after about daytrade is there will be more stress and you got your time glue to the screen watching news or chart if you like adrenalin rush however it will be a good choice, while long term trading is the opposite of it. It makes you can do other job more significantly, and a long term investment will definitely gave you less stress and you can spent your time doing other things  Grin Grin
BitDiscussion

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:25:07 AM

For me, depends from the nature of the object.

Asset? Token? Currencies? Which one, Which step ?

I'm a little emotional with my crushcoins. Waves and Lisk Holders

But something like Pillar was very nice to trade recently ! and Bitsend too ! IS a wave Cheesy

If you are a trader then I will suggest not falling in love with your coins. Trading is like a business and involvement of emotions is prohibited in the world of business. It can get in way of progress. Waves are a good altcoin but Ethereum and litecoins are much better. However, I don't recommend them. Trading is only profitable in bitcoins.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:04:00 PM

Best decision for me now is to hold it first and eventually when the price rise again, sell it at the best price.
That's the right decision you've ever made for your bitcoin, day trade is profitable but it has high risk than Holding your coins, where monitoring is necessary unlike in holding risk is very minimal.
garmerys

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:16:26 AM

Best decision for me now is to hold it first and eventually when the price rise again, sell it at the best price.
That's the right decision you've ever made for your bitcoin, day trade is profitable but it has high risk than Holding your coins, where monitoring is necessary unlike in holding risk is very minimal.
I personally think that it depends also in what coin you're holding if its for long term or just a day trading.There are coins that are more profitable in long term like just watch the market and let it sleep in your wallet and go back after some years. And some are day trading like you need to closely track and the coin is hype or active in the market.
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 05:27:22 PM

I am more comfortable as holding trader. Bbecause, i don't feel spending much time to do analysis that sometimes makes me dizzy. I am just need to make sure that altcoin has i hold is altcoin which has lots holder, big marketcap as well as many well-known people for example Ethereum.

If someone is a full time employee and a trader at the same time, first of all hats off to the efforts of that guy. However, if someone really wants to trade seriously, he needs to keep an eye on fluctuating prices because trading is all about buying and selling at the right time.
Yeah, if you really want become a day trader, you need keep your eye in chart price everyday, it very important and helps you understand the trend or scenario moving price on the market.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:37:46 PM

I choose both, day trade and holding. How ? It's simple, i do trading if i have something good about some altcoin and if there is nothing good for today so i skip it and just holding my coins. In my opinion both trading and holding are good, it just depend on the situation and every person have their own strategy to do both though.
i will only like to choose holding, because i do not have as such experience in day trading, while holding is the best and safest way of making money, i am sure that very soon bitcoin price will start increasing and therefore will surely give us a good profit. therefore i think that holding bitcoin is a good option for me and therefore i will like to hold my bitcoin instead of investing or using it for day trading.
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 09:16:42 PM

It's always good to have a combination. hodl some coins and day trade with others.

Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:55:53 PM

here we need to see in terms of time we have ,, if we have more free time ,, of course daily trading to be the best choice,. because we have a lot of time to get a chance at buying low selling high., but it will be different with busy people ,, they are more advised to do holding trade ,. and enough to sell it 10x in the future
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:14:17 AM

here we need to see in terms of time we have ,, if we have more free time ,, of course daily trading to be the best choice,. because we have a lot of time to get a chance at buying low selling high., but it will be different with busy people ,, they are more advised to do holding trade ,. and enough to sell it 10x in the future
yes, I agree with you. I am a busy person I once tried to do a quick trading and the result is a loss. and I try to hold the coins in the long run the results are very satisfying for me.
Pele Legend

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:45:41 AM

My personal approach is to buy bitcoin whenever I have the money and keep it. sometimes (on rare occasions) when there are a lot of FUDs and i'm pretty sure a dump I sell to buy after other times i'm not happy about the bitcoin trading day but it is very possible. You should not choose based on which type of transaction is profitable. But you need to choose based on your skills, If not just buy and hold will be determined profitable for bitcoin (alone).
Kat_Slash

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:05:39 AM

Instead of day trading, I prefer weekly trading. Every weekend market goes down a little so I buy coins during that period and when it recovers by Tue/Wed I sell them off for 15-20% profit. Simple and easy. Not much stress also. You can spend entire week researching too!

sxafir

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:29:55 AM

Some time ago i trading now i am holding.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:33:29 AM

i choice holding until next 10 years, if you use quick trading you will lose, but if you be a holding person you will get ptofitablle.
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:07:21 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2017, 09:36:19 AM by alfstep

I am doing a mixture of daily trading and hodling. So, I "know" in the long run I will (hopefully) have some nice profits but I am not forced to make daily trading every day. If you would focus only on day trading then you might run into the problem that you have to do something everyday even if the situation is really bad. But it is better to have the freedom to skip daily trading for some days.

Damn! I completely missed this point in trading. As newbie in Bitcoin, I was too enthusiastic, never let my money idle. Always buy other once some coins are available whatever the market situation.

Thanks for pointing it out dude!  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: