Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:23:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28384 times)
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:03:01 PM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

the first time I start trade with bitcoin I do day trade. but I think it is very tired and time consumed. because i also had a main job in addition to trading so I finally decided to
do long term trade so i pick the best entry point and hodl my money.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KTPU777

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:31:48 PM

If you know how to trade within a day, then you can earn more than investing money for a long distance. If you can not trade, then it is better to choose a coin for invests and invest in it. But you just need to choose correctly.

Genrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:44:12 PM

On a such bulish market as we have in crypto, HOLD is better,than trading. In case, I don't recommend you margin trading and short. As long as some coins can show 1000% results , long is more preferable

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:33:46 PM

I think that you should do it your way. Some people just want to buy, hold and when they check the value after some time and they see that their trade was profitable, they are happy. As a day trader you have to have patience, information and stop loss as you never know :-)

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:15:36 PM

Day trade and holding has a small difference. Day trading is risking what we have in wallet to make an additional earning, holding is simply keeping hold of it without moving it anywhere else. Here different users have different perspectives on preference. I go with day trading.
Day trading can be extremely profitable for those that have the right skills but at the same time day trading is not always the best strategy just look at the current situation in bitcoin there is no doubt that the best strategy in the last months has been to simply hold your bitcoin and a trader trying to trade alts probably lost a lot of money because even if alts recovered some ground the growth of bitcoin in the last days has been out of this world.

I think experienced guys can get more profit from the day trading. Newbie must better pick the holding policy.
As I said, people need to learn to choose their strategy, day trading was great when the price of bitcoin did not moved much, but in this year the price of bitcoin has gone up a lot the only thing you needed to do was to get bitcoin and then hold it not only you would have gotten bitcoin but a bunch of alts like bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold and as we can see the value of those coins have been going up as well.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:51:03 AM

The 2 is a very good way in earning money but the best of course is day trading but of course to day trade you really need alot of experience to actually earn alot.
Day trading is risky because you can't tell if you are going to make a lot of money or not and it is better for me to just hold because you will escape from the risk of trading and you will not miss any of the price pumps because you are in holding mode.
For the professional trader, day trading is always better than holding, but sometimes, it still depends on the cycle and the treding of the market. Example the trending of cryptocurrency market from March until the end of May is altcoin, those who are day trader and altcoin holder can earn more profits than bitcoin holder, but for altcoin holder in past 6 months, they are the loser.
It happens, yes. Trending is so relative. You can’t understand the logic behind it. Like you said, this is so true that in that period of time when bitcoin was not in that much speed, altcoins were jumping and day traders earned so much where bitcoin holders were only waiting for the rise in prices. It depends on market, so keep your eyes open and go for the best option as per situation.
Exactly i mostly prefer long term hodling but i think day trading would not be much better because bitcoin has the potential to do 5-10x and it has proven that many times as is whenever we thought it would stop and not succeed. Hodling has always been the best way to gain something more in fiat, and day trading is better if you want to grow your portfolio not in terms of fiat but in bitcoins.

It all depends on the interest of the person. If he is interested in day trading a due really thinks that day trading can help him in having more money, then this is the best thing to do. Moreover, day trading also helps you to earn profit on daily basis unlike that of holding of bitcoin.

Holding of bitcoin is only preferable if you are having no need of money for some reasonable time. it will help you in making more money but after certain period.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:53:16 AM

I think that you should do it your way. Some people just want to buy, hold and when they check the value after some time and they see that their trade was profitable, they are happy. As a day trader you have to have patience, information and stop loss as you never know :-)

Simply put, day trades are for people who can afford to spend mosy of their day in front of a computer to monitor the market movement. For me its as profitable as hodling since your profits would roughly be on a daily basis

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
felixjhaye22

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:55:45 AM

i am buying btc and holding it because the potential of btc in the market is very high so i still want to hold it a lil bit longer
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:43:03 AM

Both of them have good and bad features , holding for a long term is less stressful and less risky also less precentages usually than day trading , if u are good at treading u can make a lot during day treading! Wink
I would prefer to put most of my bitcoin into holding for so long. Fees today are high and it's going to be a pain if I'll day trade and will always pay for fees if I want to withdraw from exchange. Day trading is just an option if you don't have some other things to do but if you don't want to put too much effort in trading, you can just stay in holding which is proven and tested to give better results.

If you want to buy a bitcoin means, you can carry on day trading and get some bitcoin .If you had a plan to sell ,day time not suit for that one.The price of bitcoin will reach maximum at the end of the day as all of you know.Use day end sell your bitcoin. As come to both Day trade and hold, holding is always better than trading. Because you will additional dollar as long as you hold it.
In the case of bitcoin, day trading is insult of bitcoin because bitcoin is all the time increasing in value and this is why many people keep holding it. Bitcoin is not like altcoins which you can risk in day trading, altcoins are best option for that because losing them is not a big deal.

You can easily recover them but bitcoin has different case. The best option of enjoying grand profits with bitcoin is long term holding with some good target.
MattF24

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:44:06 AM

I'd prefer swing trading. Swing traders only trade with the direction of the trend and lasts from a few days to a few months depending on the strength of the uptrend or downtrend.
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:45:27 AM

I trade with the trend as well. It's very difficult to figure day trading or at least I can't seem to find it as a consistent way of earning money.
freddiesaturn

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:21:55 PM

day trade is just for trader who do it as main job, because they will pay all their time for trading and researching the market.
Long trade is more suitable for investors who just want to make more profit from their invested amount, and trading is not their main job. They usually read newspaper everyday but it all the time.

Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:59:23 PM

If you know how to trade within a day, then you can earn more than investing money for a long distance. If you can not trade, then it is better to choose a coin for invests and invest in it. But you just need to choose correctly.
I just invest for long term and I do not care other can earn many profits from day trading. Remember, everything has the value, and the profit of day trading also like that. Behind the profit is highest risk when you forget to cutloss and become the holder instead of accept your loss.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:09:34 AM

It depends upon the investor priority if he or she wants to quick profit no matter it may be small then day trade is perfect and if invest for long term then holding is perfect,once feel you getting double or triple against investment sell out.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:19:55 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

Day trading and Holding of coins are both profitable. Most of the people keep on saying that day trading is hard to that person who’s not expert about this process which is very risky because there is a big consequence that in any moment the price of coins will drop. And for me, bitcoin is not like the other alternative coin that is worth of taking risk for due to its big amount today.

therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:28:25 PM

Day trading and Holding of coins are both profitable. Most of the people keep on saying that day trading is hard to that person who’s not expert about this process which is very risky because there is a big consequence that in any moment the price of coins will drop. And for me, bitcoin is not like the other alternative coin that is worth of taking risk for due to its big amount today.

For day trading i guess you need alot more free time to follow graphs and buy/sell orders and things like that . For me much better is Holding , i once did try trading and shorting/longing bitcoin . I burned myself . So for future i choose to hold Smiley
kyori

Activity: 335

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:02:54 PM

Of course it is day trading because you are getting profits everyday if you are professional but if you are a newbie just do long term holding to avoid lost of savings

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
kateryana81

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:09:37 AM

You can day trade with those coins that have huge potential, so if you`ll suddenly become an investor, anyway you`ll receive your profit
This idea is slightly mistaken, of course to do this the user has to have a brief market knowledge of volatility and etc. But the novice user has several tools today ready to start in the market that facilitate their entry directly into the daily trade. In my case when I started I looked for some people who knew the market widely and from time to time made inquiries about investment opportunities and in the meantime I was perfecting myself in the area until I was able to make my own bets.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:53:48 PM

if you can do profitable trading is the way to go, if you don't know how to trade
stick to hold the bitcoins and wait for the pump.
That is correct but there is a huge problem there are a lot of people out there that think they can do profitable trades only to find out that is not the case the problems is they found out this information too late and they lose a huge amount of money they could not afford to lose, this is why I suggest people to first trade with only a portion of their bankroll and once they see they make profits they can use all their money.

tundexijim

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:55:23 PM

i think the best thing to do is to divide your portfolio as u wish to and practice both methods of trading. There are some coin that are worth keeping for long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: