Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day trade or Hodling  (Read 28380 times)
joesan2012

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:58:59 PM

For me , when you are asking what is more profitable ?is it the day trading or the hodling I will rather say both are profitable , but it s up to you on how you will make it .. But for me in my own opinion day trading or also known scalping then perhaps you should have a large amount of money to Invest . The higher the capital higher profit, but this just too.risky you must obtain the skills and should have atleast some techniques and technical analysis on how to engage on day trading .. Unlike hodling ,hodling has the.bigger chance to make you more profitable this is the advantage  but the disadvantage is.you need.to.wait for a long period of time, but if its dumps but still belive on your coin.then buy on the dump price that s what we call averaging.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shawonngp

Activity: 756
Merit: 107

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 PM

Actually It  depends on your own trading skilled. Most importantly, it seems that your day-care should be considered. It is a long-term job, but If you think so The profit is like your mind you can trade any day. And if losses or profits are low just Keep Holding .

xurestey

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:41:42 AM

You can hold and trade every day. You choose holding with the coin that has potential growth in the next few months. With tradecoin everyday it will help you make money to live every day.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:45:54 AM

I think it's better the first way because the exchange is done every day or in the short term, so we can get a chance to trade with other types.
rather than the second way of buying and waiting for a long time despite considerable profit
emmanborromeo67

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:32:07 AM

hold beacause if you hold the coin you big profit and The day trader is headache and more analys sometimes it's a great deal to hold a comparatively high risk.
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:59:33 AM

Both can be beneficial and at the same time emotionally draining. If you are going to hold bitcoin, you might as well save your self from rollercoaster ride of bitcoin prices and engage in something that will take your time for six months interval.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:16:42 AM

In my opinion you will have sure profit in holding than in day trading. Because in day trading you dont know what will happen next it can either make you or break you.
I also have the same view when it comes to the choice between day trading and holding Bitcoins. Day trading is also dependent upon the luck and it must be opted as a way of earning only for those that have been into the area of trading since a very long time and have some pre experience about the field.

Otherwise the entire thing would be a loss and all the efforts are going to get futile as some sharp skills and clever minds could only make the most out of this way. Otherwise holding Btcs is itself a way of earning as the price keeps on fluctuating..
JaneizBlutt

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:43:09 AM

Day trading is best for newbie. But they have to learn before trading. They can get profit everyday without waiting for long time.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:57:28 AM

Day trade and holding are both profitable trading strategy but I will still prefer day trading. There's a lot of altcoins around and I can't make sure that  the coin I am holding won't get a competition that is better someday so it's better to make short term tradings.
light22man

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 10:35:53 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I'm honestly prefer day trading. But here is good article about both type of trading https://www.investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/052815/pros-cons-day-trading-vs-swing-trading.asp

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 10:48:45 AM

Day trading is much better for me, because through day trading, you can gain profits. Even small profits, it's important. You entered in trading because to gain profits not losses.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
helen28

Activity: 453

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:02:38 AM

I would just like to hear your opinions, Which is more profitable, Day Trading where you can profit through buying the dips and selling when it pumps repeatedly, or Long term HODLing where you buy the dip and only sell it when it goes up 5 to 10 times its price value?

I'm honestly prefer day trading. But here is good article about both type of trading https://www.investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/052815/pros-cons-day-trading-vs-swing-trading.asp
I have been enlighten up, i was planning also to do a daily trading, I am a newbie in investment or trading and don't have yet the guts to hold for a long time, maybe I'll just try both step so I will have an experience as well on which method I can have profit. I  have a friend who is doing daily trade and he is doing a great job with it and earning well.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:32:13 PM

Holding, investing- thats what I prefer. I do day trading just for fun from time to time.

If we make a comparison in between day trading and holding, then we’ll find this thing that day holding is quite a hectic thing to do and for that one needs to have good knowledge with sharp mind. If you want to play safe, then holding is the best thing to do.

The only thing which you need to take care of while holding is to have control over your nerves. This is the only thing which you’ll be needing the most.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:14:02 PM

Day trading is much better for me, because through day trading, you can gain profits. Even small profits, it's important. You entered in trading because to gain profits not losses.

If you don't day trade, then when do you guys make profits?  For example do you have a goal on how much you want to make per coin?  Say you buy 1000 shares of say lisk at 5 dollars each.  Is your goal something like when it hits 15 dollars and you 3x your money... you cash out?

The thing is there are so many swings where prices go down and go up.  So im curious can't you make more money buying when prices get very low... then selling when it goes back up?  Then wait for a big dip and then rinse and repeat?  Of course the main issue is you don't know how long that takes but as long as you don't sell it for below what you buy... then you don't lose any money unless the coin never goes back to that price you get it at.

The thing is are there people that daytrade and say do this for 1 year and when they factor in everything, they could make say 3k a month etc on this?  Basically just buy when prices dip a lot, then sell when prices go back up?  And of course have a set plan on what price they will sell it at?  Say lisk is goes to 5 dollars.  You buy 1000 of them at 5000 dollars.  Say your goal is to sell when it hits 6 dollars so you make 20 percent profit or 1000 dollars.  Now this could be very quick or take very long.  Thus the price could go down to 3 dollars each but if you don't sell, you do not lose.  Then once it hit 6 dollars, you sell it.  Is this what daytraders do?  The other issue though with daytrading is say you sell it at 6 dollars.  Now it goes to 10 dollars, 25 dollars etc.  You would made more money if you hold it.  But if you hold it, you aren't having income coming in.  So what is really the goal here?  If you invest/trade bitcoin as your job, then isn't day trading which means buying when prices dip and selling when it goes up pretty much better than just holding?  Because if you holding... when do you plan to cash out your profits then?  Like is it when lisk hits 25 dollars or something like that?  And the other thing is when you cash out... does that mean you are done with these coins?  Or you go to another coin?  And the thing is when you do cashout, what happens if lisk goes up to 100 dollars etc.  So if you held it, you would have made a lot more money.  So what is really the end goal here?  Make another where okay you don't have to work anymore with your daytrading profits?  Or make enough from daytrading and then just hold a certain percentage as long term investment?

Because if you are holding, how long are you holding for?  I mean if you are holding your coins where if you cash them all out, and you have 1 million dollars, that would be great.  But who knows how long that would take.  What about your expenses etc?  

Also im curious but how much money would you say most of you people need where you don't have to work anymore?  Would 1 million be enough?  Would 3 million be enough?  Would 5 be enough?  The thing though is at the end, you would still want some coins to hold no matter what right?  Obviously if people have a choice of cashing out 5 million dollars that would be great.  But wouldn't most people probably cash out like 3.5 million or something like that since the remaining 1.5 million could make even more money?  Its like once you cash out everything, then you cannot make anymore money.  However, if you cash out everything and eventually all the coins go down, well that would be ideal for the people who get rid of the coins.  But im curious what is the goal for most people here?  Hold and don't look at prices much since you don't trade?  Or just daytrade and make profits?  Because if you hold and if your coin goes up, and when you cashout, you are making a few cashouts only.  With daytrading, you are doing much more of it.  
kkofor

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:53:04 PM

I think it depends on investors strategy. If they have a big budget and fixed income from another work, they can choose to invest in long-term. Otherwise, people who treat trading is their work, they will do every day.
adsdas

Activity: 337

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:09:18 PM

Actually, this depends on your fund. If you have much money, you can choose invest. If you just have a small a mount, let trading daily

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:18:52 AM

I think the best way to earn more is to day trade. But this also means ample of time, more bullets and ammunition in terms of technical analysis. You gotta need to be updated with the different news too since it can rekt your positions. More stressful also in day trading when the market isn't easy. So it is up to you which one you prefers. Give and take.

BelCanto

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:47:30 AM

If you don't day trade, then when do you guys make profits?  For example do you have a goal on how much you want to make per coin?  Say you buy 1000 shares of say lisk at 5 dollars each.  Is your goal something like when it hits 15 dollars and you 3x your money... you cash out?
[...]

The thing is are there people that daytrade and say do this for 1 year and when they factor in everything, they could make say 3k a month etc on this?  
[...]

Because if you are holding, how long are you holding for?  I mean if you are holding your coins where if you cash them all out, and you have 1 million dollars, that would be great.  But who knows how long that would take.  What about your expenses etc?  

Also im curious but how much money would you say most of you people need where you don't have to work anymore?  Would 1 million be enough?  Would 3 million be enough?  Would 5 be enough?   

Sorry for the edits, but I wanted to cut right to the heart of what you're asking because I think you're asking great questions that deserve answers.

1. You can make profits (or losses) on any time frame in any market.  How do you know which one is best for you?  Follow your nose, see what makes sense, grow those ideas.  It takes times, patience, and an ability to control emotions.  But at the end of the day "persistence is omnipotent"

As for when,  all profits and losses are realized on exit, so if you remember nothing else know that your exists/risk management are actually more important than your entrances.  Yes,  if you buy on the high you're screwed but you're not as screwed if you have a tight stop loss and you're playing a potential breakout with an SAR that has an equally tight stop should the breakout fail as opposed to buying at the high and having a wide stop because you think it'll keep you from getting stopped out.  Make sense?

As for where to put your exit, a lot of people use present ratios.  Personally, I think that's shortsighted because the reality is that your exits should be based on market conditions, not a predetermined and often arbitrary number or, even worse, a wish.  If market conditions support a realistic bump of $50, take the $50 in market movement because you'd be a fool to expect it to run.  If market conditions support a run of $500 let it ride and monitor it because you'd be a fool to get out early.   Knowing the difference takes time and practice. 

2.  After a year of day trading how much could people make?  3/k month?  Sure  it's possible,  so is 30k/month,  so is -30k/month.  For me, I think if you're trading to make 100k/year you're in the wrong business.   You can work less stressful jobs that pay you more,  but YMMV

3. How long do you hold?   GREAT QUESTION  as mentioned exits are paramount so if you're entering a position without an exit strategy you're probably shooting yourself in the foot.  When manually trading (which I do sometimes these days for friends) I get out when I see weakness and get back in when I see value.  It has nothing to do with price or time.  The markets don't care that I want to hold for five days or that I want it to go to $XXXX.  I respond to what the market is telling me.

4. How much money do we need?   On that I defer to the Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor. . . "You can never bee too rich or too thin."

Clavulanic

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:44:10 AM

I think the best way to earn more is to day trade. But this also means ample of time, more bullets and ammunition in terms of technical analysis. You gotta need to be updated with the different news too since it can rekt your positions. More stressful also in day trading when the market isn't easy. So it is up to you which one you prefers. Give and take.

I am not at ease about day trade specially when the situation right now current bitcoin price value is very volatile in terms of fluctuations happening. When you wanted to grow on your investments you should analyze it in a ways that you could take up to long term goals and develop that patience that has an idea of future profit gains. It really depends on the investor who handles their trading decisions, but the recommendations is already their and based on how other bigger whales experienced is they have a good future of a surprising long term holdings which could result to bigger profit earnings.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:17:24 AM

Day trade always a fun game it depends on the price on that particular time so may get a profit or may not, but long term holding is a better way of trading.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: