Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 05:17:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers  (Read 55638 times)
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 05:08:44 AM

nice work btw, FCTaiChi  Smiley

Indeed and I agree with your Bitfury stance in the other thread Wink
Thanks!

I'm not saying you're wrong, just would like to know where the disconnect is.
We can be both right.
Just that you're calculating difficulty increase, and I total network speed. It's easier for me to think that way.
Oh interesting, if you come back to the thread I'd like to talk about that.  I can't figure out how to make any of the network hashrate equations work.  They're coming out extremely low, but I'm just starting to mess with it, probably a multiplier I'm missing.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:14:41 AM

kncminer has like 30%+ VAT/import/etc fees onto of their listed price.
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 07:49:39 AM

We can be both right.
Just that you're calculating difficulty increase, and I total network speed. It's easier for me to think that way.
Oh interesting, if you come back to the thread I'd like to talk about that.  I can't figure out how to make any of the network hashrate equations work.  They're coming out extremely low, but I'm just starting to mess with it, probably a multiplier I'm missing.
There is a formula to calculate a network hashrate out of difficulty (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty):
hashrate = 2^32/600*difficulty

Or you can try to 'predict' hashrate growth with some formula. I used future value, fv(). It's very crude formula, assumes the same, constant, increase in every step. And we know that the network doesn't behave that way - with the arrival of every new technology (first GPU, then FPGA, now ASIC), network expanded rapidly. First two times (GPU and FPGA) that growth slowed down and leveled out quickly (http://bitcoin.sipa.be/, look for exponential charts).
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:30:05 PM

There is a formula to calculate a network hashrate out of difficulty (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty):
hashrate = 2^32/600*difficulty
But is there a way to calculate coins per day with hashrate?  None of the equations that I've found work out.  People argue, and it makes sense, that you should be able to take the total coins minted per day by everyone, compare that with the total network hashrate and your hashrate. 

your coins per day = (your hashrate / total hashrate) * total coins per day
There are many other methods I've tried, but nothing comes out even close.

Or you can try to 'predict' hashrate growth with some formula. I used future value, fv(). It's very crude formula, assumes the same, constant, increase in every step. And we know that the network doesn't behave that way - with the arrival of every new technology (first GPU, then FPGA, now ASIC), network expanded rapidly. First two times (GPU and FPGA) that growth slowed down and leveled out quickly (http://bitcoin.sipa.be/, look for exponential charts).

I was thinking of making a chart based on the release dates quoted by all the companies, and the other detective work that has been going on, then add some normal growth pattern of the network hashrate to see what is likely to happen in the next year or two.  I'm sure we could compare an even growth formula to help model the statistics.
At the moment I'm basically using that pattern on my spreadsheet..  would be nice to have something a little more realistic.  The growth could be 13%, but end up looking like 20% if a lot of the growth is weighted toward the beginning of the time period..  like you say happened with GPU and FPGA.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:31:16 PM

Hi thanks for the input.  I decided recently to not add taxes or shipping to the totals, because that can so greatly change the price in some cases that there is almost no way to put the statistics accurately.

ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:29:35 PM

I'd just add an * or something to note that some (or all) have no taxes listed, and that europeon manufacturers will have significnatly higher taxes.

americans aren't used to VAT
ujka

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:53:17 AM

if I read the table correctly, for all those shipping ones, nothing is profitable for a year!
That's right. Shipping ones are either old tech (fpga), or ASICs, but with prices set so high that ROI is not possible (ASICMiner Blades).
ujka

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:10:19 PM

I used that formula and found to be quite correct. Total hashrate is the hashrate at the time last difficulty was calculated. Total coins per day is now at 3600 (25 btc * 1 blok every 10 minutes).
For a 5GH miner:
your coins per day = 5 / 100 000 * 3600 = 0,18 btc
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:56:25 PM

I used that formula and found to be quite correct. Total hashrate is the hashrate at the time last difficulty was calculated. Total coins per day is now at 3600 (25 btc * 1 blok every 10 minutes).
For a 5GH miner:

Ok so maybe my problem is that I'm dividing by total hashes.  You calculate with MH?  I mean that does make sense as far as the numbers come out, just didn't see it coming for the equation.

if I read the table correctly, for all those shipping ones, nothing is profitable for a year!
That's right. Shipping ones are either old tech (fpga), or ASICs, but with prices set so high that ROI is not possible (ASICMiner Blades).
A couple have the ability to make it up in the second year.. but yeah it's looking like we have to wait as the big players are pushing prices up so high.  I the whole community is getting a little frustrated at being pushed aside.  I started a new project to try to get the hashing power out to the public.  reat incentives, and a

evilscoop

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:59:54 PM

just found this thread...

watching it now, and thx for the info
ujka

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:19:08 PM

For a 5GH miner:
Ok so maybe my problem is that I'm dividing by total hashes.  You calculate with MH?  I mean that does make sense as far as the numbers come out, just didn't see it coming for the equation.
Be carefull with units of measure. I'm using GH:
your coins per day = 5 GH (yours) / 100 000 GH (total) * 3600 btc = 0,18 btc

Or using difficulty, but with Hashes as units:
your coins per day = (5 000 000 000 H (yours) * 600) / (2^32 * 14 000 000 (diff)) * 3600 btc = 0,1796 btc
FloridaBear

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:57:51 PM

This is a really nice effort. I believe the difficulty increase will average in the 13-18% range, with occasional jumps higher. Keep up the good work.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 05:01:42 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 07:01:46 AM by FCTaiChi

Be carefull with units of measure. I'm using GH:
your coins per day = 5 GH (yours) / 100 000 GH (total) * 3600 btc = 0,18 btc

Or using difficulty, but with Hashes as units:
your coins per day = (5 000 000 000 H (yours) * 600) / (2^32 * 14 000 000 (diff)) * 3600 btc = 0,1796 btc
Wow you're right..  I was using MH vs H.  Ok glad I figured you pointed that out.  Will be great to see how the equations come out with a new setup.

This is a really nice effort. I believe the difficulty increase will average in the 13-18% range, with occasional jumps higher. Keep up the good work.
Yes I agree that it's very unlikely to go to 28% or anything near that, but if a lot of the growth for the next year is weighted toward the beginning of the period it could end up looking similar to a 20 something percent rise.

AnonBitcoinBuyer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:37:49 PM

ASICminer Block Eruptor is 1.99BTC, not 2.6?
docjunior

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 10:37:23 PM

Hi thanks for the input.  I decided recently to not add taxes or shipping to the totals, because that can so greatly change the price in some cases that there is almost no way to put the statistics accurately.

From the KnC thread, too, people seem entirely unfamiliar with the concept of sales taxes.

The Swedish VAT is basically the same as sales tax. If the product is exported from Sweden, the VAT will not be applied, but the buyer is of course responsible for paying import duties/sales tax in his home country/state. These duties/taxes vary wildly, as the OP said. The VAT within the EU varies from 18 to 27 percent.
Unlike in the US, in the EU prices for goods are usually quoted with national VAT included. Since businesses within the EU with VAT registration can deduct the VAT, companies selling services and goods for "professionals" (business to business) sometimes give prices VAT exclusive, as is the case with KnC, as far as i can understand.
Since the majority of their customers are likely outside Sweden, giving a price inclusive of Swedish VAT would make little sense, since everyone exporting the miners (consumers and businesses) would be allowed to deduct Swedish VAT (and would then have to add local taxes anyway). KnC could perhaps have quoted a "Swedish consumer price" (VAT inclusive), and an "export price" (VAT exclusive) to make this a bit clearer?

As FCTaiChi said, it's the tax rules in the buyer's country that matter, so all prices quoted in the table should be sales tax/VAT exclusive.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 06:32:46 AM

Yeah doc, just no way to give a good estimate on this.

ASICminer Block Eruptor is 1.99BTC, not 2.6?
Thanks a lot!  I can't imagine how that happened.

<3 to everyone helping, I couldn't do this without you.

Schrankwand

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:11:08 PM

The Swedish VAT is basically the same as sales tax. If the product is exported from Sweden, the VAT will not be applied, but the buyer is of course responsible for paying import duties/sales tax in his home country/state. These duties/taxes vary wildly, as the OP said. The VAT within the EU varies from 18 to 27 percent.

That is technically not necessarily correct. I have sold into the EU and I am, at least from Germany, not legally allowed to exempt tax.

Im not sure if Sweden is inside the EU. But inside the EU, if you sell to a PRIVATE person, local Sales Tax applies on sale. The person can then get in touch with the local (Sweden) office to become tax exempt and get a refund on the tax.

If you are a company, you can supply a european VAT ID Number to the seller, so he can tax exempt you. In this case, as a reseller or company, you have to pay import sales tax and the SELLER has to make sure that you are exempt, so that reverse charges apply... it is complicated, but the EU VAT ID helps to make that seller show you are a business that doesnt pay sales tax.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:58:41 PM

Hi,

could you add the Bitmine.ch Batch#1 to your sheet?

Price: $6,739
Performance: 88 GH/s
Expected delivery: first week of august
alibert

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:02:24 PM

so many devices bases on avalon chips. they should be marked

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:01:02 PM

Hi,

could you add the Bitmine.ch Batch#1 to your sheet?

Price: $6,739
Performance: 88 GH/s
Expected delivery: first week of august
I'll look into it, thank you.  May take me 6 hours to get back to the computer though.

so many devices bases on avalon chips. they should be marked
That's not a bad idea considering that the chips are a bit late.  Going to have to push them back a month or two if they don't deliver soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: