Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers  (Read 55626 times)
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:13:09 PM

Thinking of adding BitFury, anyone have a problem with that?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 02:27:34 AM

Is my info right here for bitfury?
I'll update the spreadsheet...

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:48:08 AM

That's the old BitFury FPGA I believe, not the BitFury ASIC.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:53:51 AM

Ahhh  ok, for some reason I'm having a hard time navigating the page, my fault.  Do these statistics look right to you?

Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:25:10 AM

Ahhh  ok, for some reason I'm having a hard time navigating the page, my fault.  Do these statistics look right to you?

It's not listed on the BitFury website. The info you're after comes form Metabank.ru who will be developing systems based on the BitFury ASICs sold to them by 100TH.

Here's the info for your chart.

Seller: Metabank
Model: Bitfury ASIC
Gh/BTC: 5.963 (with USD/BTC @ 107.34)
Mh: 120,000
Total Cost: $2160 USD
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:19:11 AM

Bitfury 110 Gh/s rack is a fpga miner, with power usage 10 kW and a $90,000 price. That's a working and shipping unit.

Bitfury asic is still in development, first batches of chips done but not tested yet. If chips are ok shipping of first units (120 Gh/s) is expected in avgust-october (?) (metabank.ru).

I would like you to change the name of their model to '120 Gh/s' and 'shipping' and 'working' unit to 'no'.
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:12:58 PM

I personally do not think its fair to add bitfury when they are only shipping within Russia.  It is not available to everyone obviously.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 03:28:40 PM

I've seen 4 or 5 people who are reselling to people outside RU.  The price will be different though, so I can see how this may not seem accurate.  Not much I can do about that kind of price change, unfortunately.

Kuma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:37:14 PM

There are some people who works as a proxy, they take orders and forwards devices outside Russia. The question is if there won't be some customs problems as there were questions about export restrictions.
ujka

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:42:54 PM

Big Time Coin miner is based on Avalon chips.
You have to adjust the 'lead time' as you did for all Avalon board developers.
And to reconsider moving lead time a month or two earlier. Sample chips are shipping (only  Wink a week later then announced.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:49:51 PM

Regarding bitfury,

The model should be "Metabank.RU 120Gh/s" the speed is 120Gh/s the cost is 2160$ US. They have not shipped a product nor have a working unit. The chips are to be tested within the next 2 weeks by various community members here in bitcointalk. Est. Delivery is between Aug-Oct 2013.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:59:12 PM

My spreadsheet doesnt show those nice colors. Wrong browser?
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 07:07:34 PM

Big Time Coin miner is based on Avalon chips.
You have to adjust the 'lead time' as you did for all Avalon board developers.
And to reconsider moving lead time a month or two earlier. Sample chips are shipping (only  Wink a week later then announced.
Oh I forgot about that.  It makes it hard to guess for them, though.  Since they're not a bring your own chip operation I have to assume that they ordered already and have chips coming, as to when they will come, yeah it does seem like I should move them back a little..  but they wouldn't be moved back nearly as far as what the other people might be.  The lead time on someone buying chips now, compared to what could be a much earlier order, or set of orders could be significant.

My spreadsheet doesnt show those nice colors. Wrong browser?
You mean on Google docs?  I think it might show it if you export the file to excel.  It might scrub the table values though, when importing to the cloud.

Regarding bitfury,

The model should be "Metabank.RU 120Gh/s" the speed is 120Gh/s the cost is 2160$ US. They have not shipped a product nor have a working unit. The chips are to be tested within the next 2 weeks by various community members here in bitcointalk. Est. Delivery is between Aug-Oct 2013.
Right, I read on their website about having their product last year, but that was for an old FPGA made by the former company.  I'll fix that, thanks.

bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:04:07 AM

Much nicer looking than last I looked.

Confused about KNCMiner numbers though. It offers less GH/$ than MetaBank, and delivers later, but for some reason the ROI is like 5x higher? Maybe it's explained in the 8 pages that I don't want to read, if so, I apologize.
ujka

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:59:43 AM

Confused about KNCMiner numbers though. It offers less GH/$ than MetaBank, and delivers later, but for some reason the ROI is like 5x higher? Maybe it's explained in the 8 pages that I don't want to read, if so, I apologize.
KnC may be offering less in Gh/$, but is promising much more of those Gh (350,000)!
And that's what counts in this race - more Gh in the start (first months) means early 'break even' and better ROI.
ashaw596

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:55:10 AM

KnC may be offering less in Gh/$, but is promising much more of those Gh (350,000)!
And that's what counts in this race - more Gh in the start (first months) means early 'break even' and better ROI.
Sorry, but that post doesn't make any sense. It isnt total hash rate that determines break even, but a mix of cost per hash rate, date released, and power cost and looking at those, bitfury should do better. It is true that the to ROI is in bitcoins (which is s little strange, you should change it to percent of origional investment) which would naturally benefit larger products, but bitfury still shouldnt be negative.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 12:56:44 PM

Sorry, but that post doesn't make any sense. It isnt total hash rate that determines break even, but a mix of cost per hash rate, date released, and power cost and looking at those, bitfury should do better. It is true that the to ROI is in bitcoins (which is s little strange, you should change it to percent of origional investment) which would naturally benefit larger products, but bitfury still shouldnt be negative.
Made sense to me.  The more hashing power you have while the difficulty is low the better your machine will do.  The problem is that I had the power cost from the old FPGA still on there.
So yeah, you're right they shouldn't have had a negative, it was just an extremely high power cost.  I wasn't able to find the power cost estimate on the new machine so I foolishly forgot to change the stats I had.  At the moment I have it listed as a 500w machine, but it could be even less with these chips.

Thanks for keeping me on track again guys Smiley

Mabsark
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:03:13 PM

Made sense to me.  The more hashing power you have while the difficulty is low the better your machine will do.  The problem is that I had the power cost from the old FPGA still on there.
So yeah, you're right they shouldn't have had a negative, it was just an extremely high power cost.  I wasn't able to find the power cost estimate on the new machine so I foolishly forgot to change the stats I had.  At the moment I have it listed as a 500w machine, but it could be even less with these chips.

Thanks for keeping me on track again guys Smiley

Power consumption is 0.7W per Gh/s
ujka

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:06:04 PM

You're right.
I re-checked calculation in https://bitclockers.com/calc, with monthly diff change of 22% (that is 9% on each retarget) and Metabank 120Gh earns about 300 btc first year, if lead time is september.
Retargeting at 18% (46 per month) gives 110 btc.
Retargeting at 21% (55 per month) gives 87 btc.
jimmy3dita

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:08:48 PM

Your work is anyway awesome, and very helpful for all of those that "rush for the hash" thinking that bitcoinx is enough.

One question: when you compute the yearly ROI, the 12months are being calculated "from today" or today+delivery(*diff percentage increase)*12 months?

In other words: when I read that the Saturn will make 300ish BTC in 12 months, the analyzed period is today+12 or october+12?

Thanks Smiley

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: