Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:16:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers  (Read 55635 times)
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 01:13:50 PM

Ya I've been wondering why VMC wasn't on here.

There are a lot of vaporware vendors on the spreadsheet, so at the very least VMC should be included as well.  Smiley
lol..  yes I try to take obvious scams out.  At the same time we don't really know until they ship or run off with the money, so I try to put anyone with a reasonable chance on, and hope people see the red "no" and do their research.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 12:17:13 AM

xCrowd homepage requires a password today?  I can put them back on if their info tomorrow looks good and can be verified.

Check out my market hedge group buy.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:35:37 AM

Your xcrowd figures are inaccurate.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:46:33 AM

There are a lot of vaporware vendors on the spreadsheet, so at the very least VMC should be included as well.  Smiley
lol..  yes I try to take obvious scams out.  At the same time we don't really know until they ship or run off with the money, so I try to put anyone with a reasonable chance on, and hope people see the red "no" and do their research.

Everyone seems to have written off VMC as a scam. However, I'm not so sure... I see them as the dark horse in this arms race. Sure, they may be a little weird.. (which is to be expected IMO from IT-geeky type guys.) Sure, their approach might be a little unorthodox. However, you have a lot of unproven companies on this list and I don't think it's fair you exclude them.

Tell me what evidence you have that they are an obvious scam? I have seen no empirical evidence stating that is the case. A lot of hot air and theories, but no actual evidence. Shouldn't all these companies be treated the same until proven to be scams? You are possibly touting scams over legitimate businesses if you don't include them all.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 02:10:30 AM

lol..  yes I try to take obvious scams out.  At the same time we don't really know until they ship or run off with the money, so I try to put anyone with a reasonable chance on, and hope people see the red "no" and do their research.

Everyone seems to have written off VMC as a scam. However, I'm not so sure... I see them as the dark horse in this arms race. Sure, they may be a little weird.. (which is to be expected IMO from IT-geeky type guys.) Sure, their approach might be a little unorthodox. However, you have a lot of unproven companies on this list and I don't think it's fair you exclude them.

Tell me what evidence you have that they are an obvious scam? I have seen no empirical evidence stating that is the case. A lot of hot air and theories, but no actual evidence. Shouldn't all these companies be treated the same until proven to be scams? You are possibly touting scams over legitimate businesses if you don't include them all.

They just have a complicated setup - two companies VMC and AMC, one has shares on a virtual stock exchange the other sells rigs with chips created by an FPGA->ASIC process at 28nm, apparently.

Seems kind of hard to parse what exactly is going on. I don't even see their ship date listed on their website.

FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:04:30 AM

Your xcrowd figures are inaccurate.
Thanks, fixed

edit-
About VMC I was advised by a couple people to watch out for them when they first went public, but I haven't seen any reason.  Especially if you take into account their connection with AM.

edit-
Didn't see that you had challenged me on not adding them, they are there, with their own page and all.  Was going to add it earlier, after I did the research last night, but got caught up with other things.

Polyatomic

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:30:02 AM

Excellent site.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:32:29 AM

Would you consider 25% and 30% difficulty growth columns?  If you need space you likely can drop the 8% column.  If difficulty only grows 8% every two weeks for the next year well nobody needs a chart to see how insanely profitable they are because they will be laughing all the way to the cold storage.  Then again it is never going to happen.
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:48:45 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 04:37:40 AM by FCTaiChi

lol yeah, the reason the 8% is there is because the timespan is a year.  If I went down to 6 month it would make a little more sense, and I'd be able to add the higher short term numbers.  I think it's unlikely we will be at 20% average over the next year.  Not impossible, but 30% seems pushing it.

It would be fun to eventually have a couple different time spans.  I think I'll need to automate the picture posting somehow before I can add too many more pictures.  Someone I know said Drupal could probably do it, but I'm not sure I want to spend the time to figure all that out.

-edit Added KnCMiner's December pricing, very interesting, I thought it wouldn't make a difference.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:56:44 AM

lol yeah, the reason the 8% is there is because the timespan is a year.  If I went down to 6 month it would make a little more sense, and I'd be able to add the higher short term numbers.  I think it's unlikely we will be at 20% average over the next year.  Not impossible, but 30% seems pushing it.

It would be fun to eventually have a couple different time spans.  I think I'll need to automate the picture posting somehow before I can add too many more pictures.  Someone I know said Drupal could probably do it, but I'm not sure I want to spend the time to figure all that out.

-edit Added KnCMiner's December pricing, very interesting, I thought it wouldn't make a difference.

Agreed... 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% would be way more useful.  Right now you are doing your readers a disservice by showing clearly overly optimistic numbers.  Your readers are going to quickly see that these charts are less useful when they actual growth rate is so much larger than your worst cast scenario (at least for the next 5 months).
FCTaiChi (OP)

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 05:14:28 AM

Agreed... 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% would be way more useful.  Right now you are doing your readers a disservice by showing clearly overly optimistic numbers.  Your readers are going to quickly see that these charts are less useful when they actual growth rate is so much larger than your worst cast scenario (at least for the next 5 months).

I've had it with intervals of 5 starting at 10 before, it's an informative set.  I'll show you what it looks like day after tomorrow.  I don't want to switch just yet with all the other new changes happening today.  Tomorrow is xCrowd day.  Today was HashFast, and 'OMG what is Avalon going to do' day.

ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:39:57 AM

They just have a complicated setup - two companies VMC and AMC, one has shares on a virtual stock exchange the other sells rigs with chips created by an FPGA->ASIC process at 28nm, apparently.

Seems kind of hard to parse what exactly is going on. I don't even see their ship date listed on their website.

Just an FYI - VMC and AMC merged into one company - ActiveMining - which is on the stock exchanges. VMC is the hardware division of ActiveMining Smiley

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:23:52 PM

Please remove xCrowd from your chart. The numbers are just not right. The xCrowd website isn't even available atm. Let them announce final numbers first.

Buy & Hold
fiktionist

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:27:53 PM

Please remove xCrowd from your chart. The numbers are just not right. The xCrowd website isn't even available atm. Let them announce final numbers first.

they announced tomorrow on twitter, not sure for what. But maybe they are releasing some "big numbers" tomorrow. Just wait and see.

But i am with you in the point of "the numbers are just not right" seems too good in my opinion.

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:30:42 PM

they announced tomorrow on twitter, not sure for what. But maybe they are releasing some "big numbers" tomorrow. Just wait and see.

But i am with you in the point of "the numbers are just not right" seems too good in my opinion.

Nor do they have any kind of design team to speak of; they're still running ads for IC designers, let alone any with any real ASIC experience.

fiktionist

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:36:11 PM

Nor do they have any kind of design team to speak of; they're still running ads for IC designers, let alone any with any real ASIC experience.

The main problem is the fact that in the last month so many "companies" popped up with "very efficient" and "cheap" devices. And none of them released anything "real" its all just big talk and nothing exists. As long as they dont release something real, in quantities bigger than just 10 prototypes they are as trustworthy as him

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
xcrowd

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:16:41 PM

We will always have an ongoing recruitment operation as we are always interested in talking with as many talented design and verification engineers as possible.

Do you really believe that similar companies such as ASICMINER or Avalon stop recruiting as soon as they complete the final iteration of their ASIC?

If you'd knew anything about this industry then you would know how difficult and time consuming it is to recruit engineers in this space that are familiar with the latest geometries and methodologies.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:35:02 PM

We will always have an ongoing recruitment operation as we are always interested in talking with as many talented design and verification engineers as possible.

Do you really believe that similar companies such as ASICMINER or Avalon stop recruiting as soon as they complete the final iteration of their ASIC?

If you'd knew anything about this industry then you would know how difficult and time consuming it is to recruit engineers in this space that are familiar with the latest geometries and methodologies.

I do, which is why, with all sincerity I don't know how you can launch pre-orders imminently and lock people's funds in escrow on the basis you may deliver something in the future, and without the most crucial element in place; a team of ASIC experienced IC designers.

You're coming from a women's fashion retail webstore background and not that of the IC industry, and the odds of hitting a very very specific deadline with minimal if any room to manuvre a very finite timescale are not in your favour.

They're non existent without a design team, so how can you open for pre-orders guaranteeing a future delivery date? This is not a dig, this needs addressing.

xcrowd

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:45:42 PM

I do, which is why, with all sincerity I don't know how you can launch pre-orders imminently and lock people's funds in escrow on the basis you may deliver something in the future, and without the most crucial element in place; a team of ASIC experienced IC designers.

You're coming from a women's fashion retail webstore background and not that of the IC industry, and the odds of hitting a very very specific deadline with minimal if any room to manuvre a very finite timescale are not in your favour.

They're non existent without a design team, so how can you open for pre-orders guaranteeing a future delivery date? This is not a dig, this needs addressing.

We have already addresses it previously and we aren't locking up customer's funds under no basis. Customers will have the option of requesting a refund month's before we start shipping and we also added a 30% escrow deposit option that will provide prospective customers with more options.

We already have completed a highly competitive IC design and sent it out for MDP but until we start opening sales to the public we reserve the right to limit what we publish due to a number of reasons.
Polyatomic

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:18:35 PM

We have already addresses it previously and we aren't locking up customer's funds under no basis. Customers will have the option of requesting a refund month's before we start shipping and we also added a 30% escrow deposit option that will provide prospective customers with more options.

We already have completed a highly competitive IC design and sent it out for MDP but until we start opening sales to the public we reserve the right to limit what we publish due to a number of reasons.

When will the public have access to the site ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: