Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:33:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 01:01:58 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 01:14:06 PM by Beachguy

On vacation so this week's news was delayed....of course we invite you to join the huge community on Slack
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Spectreproject’s Weekly Summary
Saturday, December 9th – Saturday, December 16th

A huge expansion of SpectreProject Slack - Welcome to all the new Members of this dynamic community.  

Immo-Manolo, Fronzio, Lokib, arteon, dre, arayich, alexsithomas, Jowblob2, Julien, Bubalus, Dante, friedchicken, df, lennonvc, oliver.kaartinen, Keyare, vjeranc, limbo, abernal, Shane F rakes, Felix Palm, 639bB, faimon96, Sonbrak, Topi, tbold, Clarke, btcking123, nikkonone, chvdvelde, shaine, sander_jonathan, manuel_gosseye, Yecan, NeverPussy, ILoveNikola, George, Midnightrun, frank, Ray, ve sche, n2g56, Scott, dgreavesukother, lv.avilesp, Stopbeingreedy, n0daylight, Goldenfleece, Felix, Sixte, SCAR_8, djphil12, Espectre Patronum, Spencer, Keith, hegs, cryptocurious, lasseterproductions, StrangestTribe, mattv88, nexttrade.dev, r4d0n, scienide, Jake P, JNDoofus, AussieBrent, ypuntot, Keato, stevesmarie, tylerb366, billylau6, KLemz, Mil, Babber, Crypt0, Mbk, will, Emile, Burak, mont0, ubettercall, Redrace, Teemu S, MC, and Izzy

The community now stands at 1,109 Members

The Reddit and telegram communities are also thriving even though they are newer.
Both are well over 200 members and going up everyday. For many its their first stop on the way to the Slack community.

Developer Nutz and Boltz -  It’s one of those times where I almost don’t know where to start.

As we finish up the news….This just in from @jbg the projectmanager/lead dev
“the first automatic staking donation transactions have happened on the live network
v1.3.4 with this functionality & other fixes will be released this week.”

First a review of upcoming releases for new and old time users
1.3.4 (Imminent)
Minor bugfixes and performance improvements
Updated node list for more reliable syncing
Updated Tor to the latest version
Introduction of a donation slider allowing donation of a percentage of staking rewards to the developers
Major sync performance improvements
Memory use reduction through the removal of QtWebKit (important for the performance of the Android wallet)
Packages for popular Linux distributions

2.0 (Q1 2018)
Stealth addresses and transactions become the default.
Further features and improvements to be announced.
2.1 (Q2 2018)
Initial Android release

I hope this helps everyone see how things are lining up and please understand…..The devs are doing things as quickly and accurately as possible. We’re fortunate to have two “world class” devs and they do things right….no unfinished code will be pushed out the door. Exact dates are not available as testing and bug squashing can cause some delays. Just watch the announcements-news channel in Slack for the latest.

I know the entire community appreciates the increased presence of @jbg in Slack and his help and explanations not only about all things SpectreCoin [xspec] but, other information and tidbits about crypto in a friendly easy to understand way. I know I learn something almost everyday from him.

SpectreCoin News - The success of our own Marketing group effort to coordinate as a team back on December 6th has been stunning. If anyone is interested in becoming involved with SpectreCoin marketing join Slack and contact @trainasauruswrecks (who is the driving force there), @srqrebel, @thethundergoose or @rkh (key members there as well).

Growth in new community members, lots of experienced savvy investors (who really understand the tech of xspec or want to learn) and now SpectreCoin [xspec] is starting to take its rightful place among privacy coins as the “Tech First” project.

And did I mentioned a new ATH as well as a retrace to new substantial floor for the next ride up? Wow….just WOW!

Congratulations to trainasauruswrecks and everyone on the marketing team, it really proves that community based marketing is truly the best.

In bisq news….SpectreCoin [xspec] is NOW available in the 6.2 release. Please visit
Bisq-the P2P exchange to learn more. It is suggested to read their faq and get familiar with bisq. Being a decentralized exchange...its a little different to use but gives people privacy not found on centralized exchanges.

In closing….It figures all the excitement happens when I’m away and have poor net connections and service. Maybe I should go out of town more often! LoL

Things should improve in a few days though..

Everyone have a Xspectacular Christmas!  

Beachguy

“People say it's a Ponzi scheme, it's a bubble. People really don't want to take it seriously. At some point, that narrative will shift to 'virtual currencies are here to stay.’ ”

Cameron Winklevoss

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:48:27 PM

On vacation so this week's news was delayed....of course we invite you to join the huge community on Slack
_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Saturday, December 9th – Saturday, December 16th

A huge expansion of SpectreProject Slack - Welcome to all the new Members of this dynamic community.  

Immo-Manolo, Fronzio, Lokib, arteon, dre, arayich, alexsithomas, Jowblob2, Julien, Bubalus, Dante, friedchicken, df, lennonvc, oliver.kaartinen, Keyare, vjeranc, limbo, abernal, Shane F rakes, Felix Palm, 639bB, faimon96, Sonbrak, Topi, tbold, Clarke, btcking123, nikkonone, chvdvelde, shaine, sander_jonathan, manuel_gosseye, Yecan, NeverPussy, ILoveNikola, George, Midnightrun, frank, Ray, ve sche, n2g56, Scott, dgreavesukother, lv.avilesp, Stopbeingreedy, n0daylight, Goldenfleece, Felix, Sixte, SCAR_8, djphil12, Espectre Patronum, Spencer, Keith, hegs, cryptocurious, lasseterproductions, StrangestTribe, mattv88, nexttrade.dev, r4d0n, scienide, Jake P, JNDoofus, AussieBrent, ypuntot, Keato, stevesmarie, tylerb366, billylau6, KLemz, Mil, Babber, Crypt0, Mbk, will, Emile, Burak, mont0, ubettercall, Redrace, Teemu S, MC, and Izzy

The community now stands at 1,109 Members

The Reddit and telegram communities are also thriving even though they are newer.
Both are well over 200 members and going up everyday. For many its their first stop on the way to the Slack community.

Developer Nutz and Boltz -  It’s one of those times where I almost don’t know where to start.

As we finish up the news….This just in from @jbg the projectmanager/lead dev
“the first automatic staking donation transactions have happened on the live network
v1.3.4 with this functionality & other fixes will be released this week.”

First a review of upcoming releases for new and old time users
1.3.4 (Imminent)
Updated node list for more reliable syncing
Introduction of a donation slider allowing donation of a percentage of staking rewards to the developers
Memory use reduction through the removal of QtWebKit (important for the performance of the Android wallet)

2.0 (Q1 2018)
Stealth addresses and transactions become the default.
Further features and improvements to be announced.
2.1 (Q2 2018)
Initial Android release

I hope this helps everyone see how things are lining up and please understand…..The devs are doing things as quickly and accurately as possible. We’re fortunate to have two “world class” devs and they do things right….no unfinished code will be pushed out the door. Exact dates are not available as testing and bug squashing can cause some delays. Just watch the announcements-news channel in Slack for the latest.

I know the entire community appreciates the increased presence of @jbg in Slack and his help and explanations not only about all things SpectreCoin [xspec] but, other information and tidbits about crypto in a friendly easy to understand way. I know I learn something almost everyday from him.

SpectreCoin News - The success of our own Marketing group effort to coordinate as a team back on December 6th has been stunning. If anyone is interested in becoming involved with SpectreCoin marketing join Slack and contact @trainasauruswrecks (who is the driving force there), @srqrebel, @thethundergoose or @rkh (key members there as well).

Growth in new community members, lots of experienced savvy investors (who really understand the tech of xspec or want to learn) and now SpectreCoin [xspec] is starting to take its rightful place among privacy coins as the “Tech First” project.

And did I mentioned a new ATH as well as a retrace to new substantial floor for the next ride up? Wow….just WOW!

Congratulations to trainasauruswrecks and everyone on the marketing team, it really proves that community based marketing is truly the best.

In bisq news….SpectreCoin [xspec] is NOW available in the 6.2 release. Please visit
Bisq-the P2P exchange to learn more. It is suggested to read their faq and get familiar with bisq. Being a decentralized exchange...its a little different to use but gives people privacy not found on centralized exchanges.

In closing….It figures all the excitement happens when I’m away and have poor net connections and service. Maybe I should go out of town more often! LoL

Things should improve in a few days though..

Everyone have a Xspectacular Christmas!  

Beachguy

“People say it's a Ponzi scheme, it's a bubble. People really don't want to take it seriously. At some point, that narrative will shift to 'virtual currencies are here to stay.’ ”

Cameron Winklevoss

All sounds good.

But we don't have v1.3.4 version in THIS week.
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 02:32:12 PM

my apologies, newsletter was current at the time released in Slack.....roadmap was updated yesterday. v1.3.4 is due anyday now.
If you'd like to check updated roadmap you can see.
There was other info in the newsletter I wanted to get out.

Vladburn

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:51:34 PM

How can I join the Slack group of Spectrecoin ?
Can anyone link me ?
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 01:08:01 AM

What makes this privacy coin special compered to all the other ones??

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:16:08 AM

Can anyone link me ?
You must register in Slack and then paste in the search for the name of our main channel: #general_xspec_only
 and join this channel

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    
LuckySpectrecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:25:00 AM

What makes this privacy coin special compered to all the other ones??
After updating 1.3.4, all transactions on the stealth address in the wallet will be full anonymous. Also wallet uses tor + obfs4 network, which can work in countries where TOR is prohibited. Also there is PoS technology, which allows you to increase your balance by 5-10% per year and for this you do not need to have a very expensive PC, just have a simple PC.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
     TOR+OBFS4 ● Ghost ProtocolAvailable on Bisq.io    
TalRasha

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:38:02 AM

Hey guys, since I am not very technical, and I would like to ask you for a short technical comparison of the Verge vs. Spectrecoin. Unfortunately was not able to find comparison on http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin

I was checking it out, and it looks similar to spectre, and I am wondering if the Anonymity technology is superior, or Transactions per second is superior. Thank you
Alex_bao

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:15:23 AM

Can anyone link me ?

Hey guys,See ann user's signature
loweyboy

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:52:49 PM

I am not even sure if I am in the correct forum here, I bought SXS coins in the ICO which have been swapped to SXS2 and have to exchange them soon to either SXU or SXD is this the correct forum please, if it is I can't find any information on which could be the better swap for me.
SXU = Utility
SXD = Dividend

That's all I know I have searched the FAQ's in most places any clue would be great

Thanks in advance
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 05:22:45 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 09:38:32 PM by Beachguy

@loweyboy
you are confusing Spectrecoin [xspec], launched a year ago and is a "coin", with a project that  utilized part of our name , is an erc20 ethereum based token....and is for starting up an exchange. Two completely different animals.
Good luck with sorting through it....and please take a look at SpectreCoin [xspec]

loweyboy

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:41:45 PM

Thanks @Beachguy Weird there are 2 Spectres no wonder I got confused, it doesn't take a lot Smiley
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 07:46:32 PM

Thanks @Beachguy Weird there are 2 Spectres no wonder I got confused, it doesn't take a lot Smiley

Its THEIR doing not ours......so I wouldn't trust them very much.  Roll Eyes

Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:15:16 PM

Saturday, December 16th – Saturday, December 23rd
We continue the awesome growth of our Slack community - as of December 23 we have 1269 Members and still growing. Please welcome to Spectreproject.
dshaun, Karuz0, dss212, cal, Goon, ju, Milchmann, sandeepgupta27, joeychan1980, Snow, saru, Coding101, mahoni, ajin, derpherp, mtj89, hak, rjs_essex, simon, nahual, Newby, mimeticarbitrage, vogie, superyosal, ilja.mamutov, Jota, Piotr, Infinnerty, bene-imail, FL, Francie, johncro, oldstyle, sp, drc, mattwhein, kepler, dalton.buck95, drazen, ben, Goldberg57, Rittzer, mastequila, Florida Man, Tor, andreas, j0s, MisterHizz, williamsonz1, MTX, paypalwithebay, mlt, sandercoumans007, kirilale, oyunkovala, rickhanger, lewiswilliams95, softh, Jay, vreede.rene, Chris, Cryptoscottyboy, JLa, TheBear, ashhh, Dave, Mika, bitocrypt, adi, banana_stinson, kylef, paweld, jfejaspers, crypto2020, anoncrypto, raunokiviloo, Fnatic, borgx, Ketonal, Salfuk, federico.viaro, eyesoulate, yilmaz.yildirim1985, kingkeko, velliperse, icezland, sebbi, Toni, jig, SK, nonosunny, ookamito, the_gambler, PoeNedge, zoffrer, Alda, Jack G, harvest.imoti, jojojko.burza, Adam, nkt, cherbuinarthur, chrisk2305, antibla, Danny, Goh, chris007as, bm, Nordio, Calc It, desscrid, Tru, Jimbo, chaz, johnson, John Mcafee, Bolek, zhodler, MAtheGOAT, wgray716, bfish1, Butan16, Astaroth43, Romy, Wicked Womba t, MK, gandalphlegrand, alex.herranz15, guodong, wivked, Sn00ze, Goldeneye, Skullpool, Greg, msrwitvliet, Tonce, Dave, p.a.n., Sacx, xspecial, imarnandha, kontol bisar, spacesuit, heilandsack, heli.schuessler, AC8888, newbienik, jbg, Tangle_and_BChain, Discounted, shivan.abdine, Frozenballs, vipercy, TRON, anderskalland, joshwaan2k, Steve, gocampos, thewildyak, and yohimbe

Dev Nutz and Boltz - @jbg has made some adjustments and additions to the roadmap and client/wallet releases. The entire community is enjoying his continued higher profile on a daily basis as noobs and old timers alike learn from him. Ironically, it’s one of the things pushing back the roadmap a little but, it seems to be what the community wants and he intends to continue.

v1.3.4 is nearly ready - just a bit of final testing going on with the staking donations. Should be released very soon.
Roadmap has been updated.

With brycel's help, jbg has managed to backport the automatic ring size calculation code into v1.3.4 as well as the long awaited  - donation "slider" mechanism to fund the project by whole community.

Stealth transactions can now be made without needing to adjust ring size, and as more people use them, they will automatically become more private.

This was the prerequisite for making it possible to allow exchanges to provide stealth withdrawals, so after v1.3.4 is released TEAM will be doing some outreach to encourage them(Cryptopia and Livecoin) to implement.

Updated node list for reliable syncing
Introduction of a staking donation setting allowing donation of a percentage of staking rewards to the developers
Automatic ring size determination for stealth transactions
New build system making building on Linux much easier

*NEW TARGETS*
v1.4 is going to get released in the "end of January 2018", which brycel and jbg have discussed and agree that it is a conservative estimate.

Migration to the latest version of Qt with a revamped native wallet UI using QtQuick, which will be simple to port to Android in order to make a mobile wallet
Major improvements to stealth coins including a new splitting/combining algorithm and automatic ring size

*v2.0*
As for 2.0 (default stealth addresses). Team is moving the target to Q2 2018. The reason is, with v1.4 coming in Jan, there is not enough time between v1.4 and v2.0 if v2.0 comes in Q1 2018.

That is both in order to have enough time for testing, and to have time to make sure the network is majority - v1.4. As v2.0 will not be chain-compatible with earlier versions
Stealth addresses and transactions become the default
Innovative stealth staking
Further features and improvements to be announced

TEAM hopes that everyone understands the reasons for the shifted dates. (edited)

Other SpectreProject news - We have now gained the interest and support of @kepler.
He is a professional web developer with experience in web and mobile tech and working the last two years in AR/VR. He is starting a design and is working with @jbg on what is needed.

This community never ceases to amaze me as we enter our second year. After finding a new “floor” SpectreCoin [xspec] is again rising in a nice fashion…...never a P&D coin…..its growth is steady and measured.

As mentioned earlier I am still on vacation, limited in my ability to post but checking in via phone from time to time.I’m able to catch a dsl (remember those?) connection a few times a day to post.

Enjoy the upcoming New Year!

Beachguy

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison

Chironexxx

Activity: 148
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:12:48 PM

My wallet has been syncing for 5 hours yet my data folder is still 15 mb. It doesn't seem to be downloading the blockchain. The network history in the debug logs show no traffic. I have added the wallet executive to the Windows firewall and it says it's connected to Tor. Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

If your wallet says "Zero connections", check this out: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections

The above issue should be fixed in the next (1.3.4) wallet release.

Hi!

I did follow the instructions and i have added around 10 different nodes. Unfortunately, the wallet still shows 0 connections (Windows firewall exception is in place). Does anybody know what the problem could be?
I guess in the worst case i will have to wait for the realease of the latest version, but i would like to get my coins off the exchange asap...

thanks for the help.

Cheers,

nothing to see here!
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:39:19 AM

My wallet has been syncing for 5 hours yet my data folder is still 15 mb. It doesn't seem to be downloading the blockchain. The network history in the debug logs show no traffic. I have added the wallet executive to the Windows firewall and it says it's connected to Tor. Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

If your wallet says "Zero connections", check this out: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-i-have-zero-connections

The above issue should be fixed in the next (1.3.4) wallet release.

Hi!

I did follow the instructions and i have added around 10 different nodes. Unfortunately, the wallet still shows 0 connections (Windows firewall exception is in place). Does anybody know what the problem could be?
I guess in the worst case i will have to wait for the realease of the latest version, but i would like to get my coins off the exchange asap...

thanks for the help.

Cheers,

You can add slack and get help there.
miner82

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:58:08 AM

Where can i find my recovery phrase. I'm trying to move my wallet to another computer and i can only download the backup .dat file.
Flamaicon

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:56:04 PM

some predictions Spectrecoin price in next 6 months?
Everybody in my country say that could target US$ 20,00.
Is this prediction correct?
vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:34:14 PM

I think that $ 20 is very small. I think that the price will be much, MUCH MUCH big!

My opinion is based on the fact that taxes have been introduced in the United States since January 1, which means that all operations will be controlled.
Than to pay taxes, it is much more clever to trade an anonymous coin.
Flamaicon

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:58:40 PM

I think that $ 20 is very small. I think that the price will be much, MUCH MUCH big!

My opinion is based on the fact that taxes have been introduced in the United States since January 1, which means that all operations will be controlled.
Than to pay taxes, it is much more clever to trade an anonymous coin.

wow wow wow
I dont know that information about USA taxes
I agree, could grown a lot
This is the moment to buy

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: